• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This sounds like you only play using special moves
When I play Villager, The core of my gameplay is getting the opponent in the air via grabs, and then use the slingshots to damage them while in the air. Isabelle does that too, except she has worse tools everywhere else. ****ty jab, no bowling ball to edge guard, and no down smash bury.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
IDK. Something about hallways and Lightning. I'll be able to tell you after I play it.
I wouldn’t. Apparently the game is just hallways and stuff, and it has garnered the nickname “Hallway Fantasy” play V, like I recommended you.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn’t. Apparently the game is just hallways and stuff, and it has garnered the nickname “Hallway Fantasy” play V, like I recommended you.
I'm gonna play the entire Final Fantasy series. So I will get to 13 at some point. But I will also get to V. And I, II, III, IV, VI, VIII, IX, X, XII, and XIV. Just not XI. That's a dead MMO.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I'm gonna play the entire Final Fantasy series. So I will get to 13 at some point. But I will also get to V. And I, II, III, IV, VI, VIII, IX, X, XII, and XIV. Just not XI. That's a dead MMO.
II is ****, don’t play that. If you do, be ready to grind. A lot. Should you not grind, it’ll be the hardest FF game for you, even harder than III.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Well, It's gonna be the IOS version, which I imagine has to have SOME quality of life updates.

And If I'm gonna be a fan of this series (which I legit want to be) I need to experience all of it's games to get an informed opinion.
The difficulty is far less lopsided against you than the NES version, and has a much better translation. The NES version of FFII has the worst translation of any FF game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The difficulty is far less lopsided against you than the NES version, and has a much better translation. The NES version of FFII has the worst translation of any FF game.
Nice. Now if only they could port the first 6 games (and The After Years) to the switch. And 13 (which feels like just a matter of time) and Type-0. And the tactics games. And the rest of the Crystal Chronicles games.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Nice. Now if only they could port the first 6 games (and The After Years) to the switch. And 13 (which feels like just a matter of time) and Type-0. And the tactics games. And the rest of the Crystal Chronicles games.
They already put them on the GBA, but not everyone owns a GBA, so it’d make them more accessible. I own FFIV on DS and FFV and FFVI on PSX.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think we need to expand the definition of an echo fighter then. Like... imagine if they did a whole newcomer trailer for the brand new character that's not an echo fighter....... and it's basically the exact same as another fighter except for some stats and one move..... that's.... not exactly the hypest.

Also, half the time this debate on what qualifies as an echo or not feels like a desperate plea of "My character is more important then yours!"
The big thing with an Echo Fighter is that they need to be able to use the same skeleton to ease development. All of them, even Ken, do this so that's one factor that cannot be ignored. That's probably the main reason why Isabelle isn't one despite being a clone, she doesn't use Villager's base skeleton as they actually have differences in their body structures.

So something like Togepi over Jigglypuff wouldn't work as their body types are too different from each other to use the other. Plus their movesets vary in a way that wouldn't allow for it either (ex. Togepi can't learn Sing).

Poor Rayquaza. First the Delta Episode, now this huh?
One gets his own Third Version and post-game story while the other gets a tedious sidequest, is Rayquaza really losing here?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Don't know if my American friends can see this but BBC just made an article interview of scalpers.

Bloody hell the scalpers excuses are so much horse**** that it makes the smell of cow**** bearable.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
If there’s one thing FFIII and FFIV have in come is that both are brutally difficult in their remakes. FFIV has counter moves and FFIII let’s the bosses attack more than once in one turn. In the NES FFIII bosses did an amount of hits with their attacks but it only counted as one full turn. FFV has some nasty bosses but nothing too hard, FFVI is long but also not too hard.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Bosses in FFV that were hard for me:
Garula
Ifrit
The Adamantoise
Atomos
Exdeath 2

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. I need a fourth Echo Fighter for a project. The four I've already chosen are Dixie Kong, Ms. Pac-Man, and Octoling. But I'm working within a set of rules as well. The Mario, Zelda, and Sonic franchises are off limits, as well as any franchise that has already gotten a DLC pack. And they have to be of a base game character. Also they need to be able to come with a stage (Dixie has Homecomming Hijinx, Octoling has Deepsea Metro, and Ms. Pac-Man has Pac-Maze Championship Edition). Who should I do?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
OK. I need a fourth Echo Fighter for a project. The four I've already chosen are Dixie Kong, Ms. Pac-Man, and Octoling. But I'm working within a set of rules as well. The Mario, Zelda, and Sonic franchises are off limits, as well as any franchise that has already gotten a DLC pack. And they have to be of a base game character. Also they need to be able to come with a stage (Dixie has Homecomming Hijinx, Octoling has Deepsea Metro, and Ms. Pac-Man has Pac-Maze Championship Edition). Who should I do?
I'm going with Galacta Knight as a Meta Knight echo. Make his stage the Galactic Arena from KSSU.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
FFIII is the only FF game who's original version has never been released in the west. FFII was given to industry insiders at the 1991 Winter CES, and FFV's was on PSX and GBA.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Jeanne from Bayonetta? She already plays almost identically to Bayonetta in the Bayonetta games, with a few differences (takes more damage, Wicked Weaves/smash attacks do more damage, timing for Witch Time is tighter). Plus, much like Bayonetta, she could have two distinct costumes. (which I'll spoiler-tag to avoid stretching the page out)

As for a stage, there are a TON of potential setpieces from the series, but since Smash Bros. tends to go with material from early in the game (I'm assuming this is Smash-related), maybe Platinum Star? (the jet fighter from the prologue of Bayonetta 2)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How has the CW track record been lately for shows? I haven't heard good things about the CW so I'm a little apprehensive.
I heard that's the case with the Flash and Arrow at minimum.
Flash and Arrow (along with the rest of the Arrowverse besides Superman & Lois...for now...) would end up hitting an on and off spot, but it never goes full ****. It's like when a comic series hits a bit of a low point, but not low enough to be the absolute worst. For the most part, they flat out carry CW...and Stargirl will do the same despite her show not being worked on by CW thankfully
I remember when they revealed Cloud, and people were insistent that he would be a clone of Ike.
I remember not knowing who Cloud and Final Fantasy was when he got revealed

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
A message from the executioners themselves.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Honestly, this captures my mood towards the “Mario’s Death Day” memes perfectly.
They’e perfectly fine, but after today, there’ll be practically be no real point to them since there’s still a bit of new Mario stuff coming out in the future (Golf hype!). Honestly, I’m just sort of apathetic to the whole thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom