• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Speaking of violent video games, the Mortal Kombat movie has been delayed by one week (from April 16 to April 23).
Considering how well Godzilla Vs Kong is doing at the box office which gives them breathing space in between.

In addition, the Venom: Let There Be Carnage film has also been delayed by a week considering that their original release date is too close towards Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Ring's new release date and they probably want to give space for the MCU film within the box office.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today marks a very sad milestone for me: It's been two years since I lost my best friend to suicide.

It still hurts to this very day...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Considering how well Godzilla Vs Kong is doing at the box office which gives them breathing space in between.
It's like the universe is suddenly blessing kaiju fans like myself. The positive reviews, how well it's doing, and no competition to deal with.

Whether the MonsterVerse continues or not I'm happy and satisfied either way given the way the film ends.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can’t believe Mario is dead, he should have just paid his taxes, it didn’t have to come to this.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We at Nintendo are sad to announce that it is unfortunately the end of Super Mario’s 35th Anniversary celebration. We are very sorry for any disappointment you may be feeling, but all good things must come to an end.

That includes Mario, who is...uh, going on a permanent vacation as we speak, taking his leave for retirement. We’ll always love and appreciate you, Mario, and we’ll always be missing you! Dear viewers, please ignore the screams.

Now, for happier news, we are ecstatic to announce that a new line of Super Luigi-brand and Waluigi-brand titles are now in development! Seeing as Wario was the rival to Mario, and Waluigi has been Luigi’s rival, we thought having Waluigi take Wario’s place would be fitting! This includes Luigi-themed and Waluigi-themed remakes and retellings of beloved Super Mario games and Wario games, such as, but not limited to:
  • Super Luigi Bros.
  • Super Luigi Land
  • Super Luigi World
  • Super Luigi 64
  • Super Luigi Sunshine
  • Super Luigi 64 DS
  • New Super Luigi Bros.
  • Super Luigi Galaxy
  • Super Luigi 3D Land
  • Super Luigi 3D World
  • Super Luigi Odyssey
  • Luigi Kart
  • Luigi Party
  • Luigi Golf
  • Luigi Tennis
  • Luigi Baseball
  • Luigi Strikers
  • Luigi Sports
  • Super Luigi RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Paper Luigi
  • Paper Luigi: The Marvelous Compass
  • Super Paper Luigi
  • Luigi: Superstar Saga (Working Title)
  • Waluigi Land
  • Waluigi World
  • WaluigiWare
  • WaluigiWare: Cheat It!
  • And many more!
We hope you enjoy all of these upcoming games when they release! We have a lot of surprises in store, too!

Until next time...goodbye!
What the frick motivated this? It’s not funny.... if anything it reads as bitter. But bitter over what?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Don’t ask me, ask Nintendo. That was clearly a message from them sent through my account for some inexplicable reason.
I remember back when we had yet to even see Joker I tried to pull a gag where me from the future came back to reveal the character early but was erased before finishing. This post reminds me of that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Goodbye Mario, you will be missed

Lmao, that's really good
Oh. This is why that bitter post got made. I already hate memes, but I hate passive aggressive angry memes even more.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Spoiler regarding Godzilla vs. Kong.

I honestly wonder if I'm still the only one given the way Kong and the human characters travels into the hollow earth and the way it is built that it comes across as being more like a pocket dimension than actually a hollow earth.

I was also expecting it to be more hellish, darkish, bioluminescence, and rock-like in nature if you get guys get what I mean. I will admit though I liked the concept and idea that Skull Island was pretty much a part of the hollow earth that came up to the earth's surface, that was very creative.

D

Deleted member

Screenshot 2021-03-31 10.01.59 AM.png

Everybody loses! you get a draw, and you get a draw! except you, you're cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh. This is why that bitter post got made. I already hate memes, but I hate passive aggressive angry memes even more.
People are upset about Nintendo's asinine artificial scarcity issues. There's nothing wrong with them being angry.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You talking about my post? It was a joke lol, not meant to be bitter at all, I even included Mario’s “permanent vacation” and acted like Nintendo themself; I just also like the idea of Luigi and Waluigi versions of games, plus The Marvelous Compass would actually be having you play through the adventures Luigi went on during The Thousand-Year Door...

I really don’t see how it was bitter, making Luigi and Waluigi the stars for a while is a pipedream, not bitter wish...

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You talking about my post? It was a joke lol, not meant to be bitter at all, I even included Mario’s “permanent vacation” and acted like Nintendo themself; I just also like the idea of Luigi and Waluigi versions of games, plus The Marvelous Compass would actually be having you play through the adventures Luigi went on during The Thousand-Year Door...

I really don’t see how it was bitter, making Luigi and Waluigi the stars for a while is a pipedream, not bitter wish...
It just seemed like something I’d make when I was bitter and angry at something lol.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Professor Utonium created the default dance
How has the CW track record been lately for shows? I haven't heard good things about the CW so I'm a little apprehensive.

I heard Scrubs is good though so that's one silver lining with this casting.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hmmm... what’s one echo fighter from the Pokémon series you would love to see? Feel free to get creative (like my assertion that Togepi could be a Jigglypuff echo).
Togepi would be a good semiclone, but not echo. It would be too statistically different, on account of not being a balloon. It would be heavier, have the normal amount of jumps, and would need a new up b in response.
I don’t know, Shinnx as a Pichu echo?
And there's no universe that works.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Status
Not open for further replies.