• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Togepi would be a good semiclone, but not echo. It would be too statistically different, on account of not being a balloon. It would be heavier, have the normal amount of jumps, and would need a new up b in response.

And there's no universe that works.
I think we need to expand the definition of an echo fighter then. Like... imagine if they did a whole newcomer trailer for the brand new character that's not an echo fighter....... and it's basically the exact same as another fighter except for some stats and one move..... that's.... not exactly the hypest.

Also, half the time this debate on what qualifies as an echo or not feels like a desperate plea of "My character is more important then yours!"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I heard that's the case with the Flash and Arrow at minimum.
I actually think some of Arrow's middle seasons where they TRY to be a bit lighter would have been nice.

I was always waiting for a moment where Oliver adopted his personality from the comics as a coping mechanism for his trauma. Green Arrow is a wisecracker. CW Oliver is just knock off Batman.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hmmm... what’s one echo fighter from the Pokémon series you would love to see? Feel free to get creative (like my assertion that Togepi could be a Jigglypuff echo).
A common one but I feel if you removed the damage gimmick as well as replace the aura with electricity, Zeraora would work as a :ultlucario: echo

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think we need to expand the definition of an echo fighter then. Like... imagine if they did a whole newcomer trailer for the brand new character that's not an echo fighter....... and it's basically the exact same as another fighter except for some stats and one move..... that's.... not exactly the hypest.

Also, half the time this debate on what qualifies as an echo or not feels like a desperate plea of "My character is more important then yours!"
They'd never do that...:ultisabelle:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I just figured out that even though FFX doesn’t have Gilgamesh, it has Atomos and Shinryu, two other recurring creatures that debuted in FFV.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Except Isabelle isn't that similar to Villager. She's got one special move that's the same... ok two but the swing is at least a different animation then villager's balloon fight hat. She's otherwise completely different.
She does share quite some normal moves with Villager

She is a semi-clone if not leaning very close towards one

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
She does share quite some normal moves with Villager

She is a semi-clone if not leaning very close towards one
I don't remember Villager having the sucky hammer for a neutral A, or the pom poms, or the party popper, or the stop sign, or the water bucket, or the broom, or the fishing rod, or sending a Lloyd rocket up into the skies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Can't wait for the five part Final Fantasy X Remake to finally get Gilgamesh in there!
He might be added in FFVIIR too. He was added in FFI - DoS and FFIV - The After Years.... so there’s no reason to not include him there.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hmmm... what’s one echo fighter from the Pokémon series you would love to see? Feel free to get creative (like my assertion that Togepi could be a Jigglypuff echo).
Emolga as a Pikachu echo. Main difference is that Up-B works like Steve's.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I don't remember Villager having the sucky hammer for a neutral A, or the pom poms, or the party popper, or the stop sign, or the water bucket, or the broom, or the fishing rod, or sending a Lloyd rocket up into the skies.
This argument also applies to Ken then who is consider a semi-clone.

All right then
she's a pseudo-clone

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Except Isabelle isn't that similar to Villager. She's got one special move that's the same... ok two but the swing is at least a different animation then villager's balloon fight hat. She's otherwise completely different.
As a former Villager main, my game plan doesn't change much when playing as Isabelle, I just have to remember I don't have bowling ball, tree and rocket. My idea for Togepi radically changes how you would play Jigglypuff, because the stats are radically different. Like from Mario to Dr. Mario, except even more different because Jigglypuff is so strongly associated with the things we take away.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Final Fantasy has so many WEAPON superbosses.
The Omega Weapon, the Ultima Weapon, the Emerald Weapon, the Ruby Weapon, and the Diamond Weapon, among others. What’s the hardest weapon superboss?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Isabelle and Ken are Semi Clones, they have a enough differences to the point where they play nothing alike despite shared moves.

Dr. Mario, Chrom and Lucina are definitely clones, but they have hitbox and damage differences that is just enough to have them play a different playstyle than their parent fighters. Especially in the case of Dr. Mario and Chrom, who have some unique moves that alters playstyles.

Daisy, Dark Samus, Dark Pit, and Richter are all pure echoes in that they don't really have that much different, though Dark Pit's arrows does change some matchups in comparison to Pit.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As a former Villager main, my game plan doesn't change much when playing as Isabelle, I just have to remember I don't have bowling ball, tree and rocket. My idea for Togepi radically changes how you would play Jigglypuff, because the stats are radically different. Like from Mario to Dr. Mario, except even more different because Jigglypuff is so strongly associated with the things we take away.
This sounds like you only play using special moves

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Pichu are Echo Fighters that just don't have the appropriate branding because of Melee nostalgia and they are the foundation of this whole rediculous "semi-clone vs. echo" debate.

D

Deleted member

I’m curious how Bushiroad expects people to not be confused when they upload the trailer for the card game on an anime channel instead of the actual anime trailer

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Pichu are Echo Fighters that just don't have the appropriate branding because of Melee nostalgia and they are the foundation of this whole rediculous "semi-clone vs. echo" debate.
Pichu and Young Link also have different proportions and can’t fit over their counterpart’s skeleton. As for Doc I can see but there’s still a good number of differences...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom