• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So I wouldn't be crazy if I said that Banjo is the least competitively viable DLC character, right? Not counting Solo Pyra.
Has Byleth seen any results aside from MKLeo's usage of him? If not, I'd argue he's a close contender too.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Has anyone wanted to be famous in the past, or still does want to be famous?

I don't. Being famous seems to attract too much attention from other people, and the news just seemingly reports everything a famous person does.
I like the idea of being more well-known and entertaining people, but moreso as a gaming youtuber. I used to like the idea of being an actor, and while it would still be fun and stuff, I don’t really care much anymore; I wouldn’t mind voice acting or something and it’d be fun, but it’s not my goal.

I do want to start YouTube videos besides music and stuff at some point though, and if people like me, I would be a bit worried about obsessive stans and news and stuff, but I think maybe I could handle it; I’d just focus on having fun.

I did have a cartoon based on my persona character in mind (my username is the character, basically an idea for myself), pretty much my own kinda show, but my ideas involve crossing over with cartoon and game characters, as well as some real people, and I don’t really have a set plot, just silly scenes I’ve imagined over the years; I can think of fictional characters too of course, but it just feels like a fantasy that may only exist in my mind and maybe drawings...

Besides YouTube though, my main goal is just learning programming languages, focusing on Java and maybe C++ later down the road. I’d like to work on Minecraft and maybe Nintendo games, maybe even think of my own ideas for games and get better and make fangames.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I like the idea of being more well-known and entertaining people, but moreso as a gaming youtuber. I used to like the idea of being an actor, and while it would still be fun and stuff, I don’t really care much anymore; I wouldn’t mind voice acting or something and it’d be fun, but it’s not my goal.

I do want to start YouTube videos besides music and stuff at some point though, and if people like me, I would be a bit worried about obsessive stans and news and stuff, but I think maybe I could handle it; I’d just focus on having fun.

I did have a cartoon based on my persona character in mind (my username is the character, basically an idea for myself), pretty much my own kinda show, but my ideas involve crossing over with cartoon and game characters, as well as some real people, and I don’t really have a set plot, just silly scenes I’ve imagined over the years; I can think of fictional characters too of course, but it just feels like a fantasy that may only exist in my mind and maybe drawings...
Yeah, I understand. I personally don't care for popularity, though I do want to entertain others, at least.

To me, being famous can be like a drug. I am not saying it is a drug, but when you have so much of it, and then something bad happens and it attracts attention from the news and people, your popularity, maybe even your life could be ruined from what follows, like how real drugs eventually do bad things to you and your life.

Now, that is not the case all the time, of course, but you probably get the comparison I was trying to make. Still, like I said, while I would like to entertain, I don't really think I would want to be popular, not that popular, anyway.

duxx

Smash Ace
So I wouldn't be crazy if I said that Banjo is the least competitively viable DLC character, right? Not counting Solo Pyra.
yeah, especially considering Akakikusu's results with Hero at Kagaribi 3

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
yeah, especially considering Akakikusu's results with Hero at Kagaribi 3
I've always been a "Hero is High Tier" guy, so I never believed he was a contender for least viable DLC. Glad people are seeing the light.

But when I think about it, Banjo is really the only one without some actual results if any kind. Like, even Plant had a breakout tourney (albiet, just one)

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
SnakeFighter64's Top 10 RPGs that should be remade in the style of Final Fantasy VII Remake

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here that I am IN LOVE with this gameplay style. And considering a very similar gameplay style was achieved in Persona 5 Strikers, I think the style of "hack and slash RPG" is here to stay. So here's my top 10 list of games I want remade in this style, and my ideas for how the adaptation could be made.
EarthBound

EarthBound is one of those series that has always interested my, and if the original games get on NSO I will definatley play them, but I can't help but feel that it could also work very well in this style. It's been described to me in the past as a story about a group of kids playing make believe RPG (specifically Mother 2, not Mother 3, that's way deeper) and I think going all out on that approach with all of your psychic powers and embellishing the weird set pieces and characters, while also deepening the story by really exploring the friendship of the four main characters would make for a very good game. And I think this change in direction will combine well with the new gameplay style to make a new beginning for the franchise.
Wild Arms

Wild Arms was a quintessential RPG series on the PS1 that lived on into the PS2 era before being abandoned. And a first party Sony IP to boot, and I think we can all agree they need to bring back more of them. As an experiment to see if the series is viable bring the classic to the modern era in the FF7R style, and then maybe we can get another recurring Sony IP!
Golden Sun

Now, I am not against another Golden Sun in the traditional style, in fact I think I want that to come into existence more then this remake purely to satisfy the long ignored fans of the series. But as someone who prefers the action oriented battle system, I want my own piece of the Golden Sun pie in a way I would be more inclined to enjoy. Then, not only could we get Golden Sun back, but it could have both a 2D AND a 3D series concurrently like Zelda!
Chrono Trigger

Another RPG classic that I have been itching to experience, and will definatley play the original if it gets on NSO, and one I think can only be enhanced by the new combat style and expansion of the story. I feel like this one being on this list is actually a tad obvious and I would be surprised if it didn't happen eventually.
Pokémon Red and Blue Versions

I desperately want a Pokemon game in this style, and I actually think Persona 5 Strikers gives a good idea for how it could work. Like... you run around as the trainer but then when you do something to encounter a Pokemon you throw down your ball and then gain direct control of the Pokemon. You could even say this is an alternate universe where all Pokemon battles are fought using the Battle AR from Pokken to explain the difference in controls. Basing it off Gen 1 also gives you a limited number of Pokemon to have to create movesets for. And not ever Pokemon would be a full combat mon, I imagine some like Metapod would be assist mons the way the Personas work in Strikers. Plus, I imagine that this would have all of the additional non-regional evolutions introduced later for each Gen 1 mon for the sake of consistency. Really giving you a brand new way to experience Kanto.
Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation

I've actually been playing the turn based version available on the Switch, and it makes me want a remake in this style more then ever. From what I understand about the series, 3 is the one that is the most iconic among the fanbase (though I could be wrong with that). There's so much room to expand the story with what little is there. And I actually imagine the plot you experience being a lot more customizable thanks to a special new system. While the male and female versions of the Hero (Arusu and Irin) would be basically the same, the male and female versions of each of the other classes would be dedicated specific characters, so when you pick a set of three companions at the start of the game, you're basically choosing the parts of the story you will experience, what dialogue you will hear, what relationships you'll form, all that. Swapping occupations at Alltrades Abbey could be an even greater form of customization because you'd be able to take a character you like but give them the play-style that fits your needs better. IDK, I play this game and I see a tonne of room to get really creative with a remake like this.
The Legend of Dragoon

The Legend of Dragoon is another first party Sony RPG that not only often makes people's top 10 RPG lists, but TOPS them. The main character, Dart Feld, was even going to be a DLC character in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale before Sony screwed over the devs even more then they already had and cancelled the DLC. It's also one that has sadly been forgotten to the sands of time, as it never received a single follow up after the PS1 era. So give it the modern FF7R style upgrade and breathe new life into this legacy title!
Final Fantasy VI

Technically, every non MMO Final Fantasy game pre FFXV shares this spot, but I think Final Fantasy VI is the one I want to see immediately next. It's definatley one of the most popular games in the series and IMO the most likely to get a remake next out of the games in the series. It's one I don't need to explain. Give Terra's adventure the same HD makeover that we've given Cloud's.
Persona 5 Royal

IMO, this is the easiest one on the list to do. Omega Force has all of the assets from Strikers, which already includes basically every enemy type from Persona 5 base except for the bosses. As well as a playable move-set for every Phantom Thief besides Violet. So just recreate Royal's dungeons in Strikers's engine and we've got a potential masterpiece on our hands!
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

You all saw this coming. I can't not. Just imagining that opening Bowser's Catle segment but remade to be as epic as the Bombing Mission of 7R makes me jiggle and melt into pile of euphoric goo. I want this so badly it's hard to even explain! Just please, Nintendo, Square, DO IT!!!

Honorable Mentions: Franchises that should be made into this gameplay style in the first place. Just new adventures using the characters and settings from these franchises.
Shovel Knight

Imagine like... a Shovel Knight game set after the events of the first one with four story modes to travel through, one for Shovel Knight, Plague Knight, Specter Knight, and King Knight, each with their own unique lineup of party members that change up how you approach the game. Basically a good mashup of FF7R and Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
Five Nights at Freddy's

Kind of a joke, but I'm just imagining taking FNaF's recent fun it's had parodying things in Ultimate Custom Night (Toy Chica: The Highschool Years and 復讐の旅) and applying that to the Final Fantasy series in a pseudo follow up to FNaF World. I think it has to potential to be a hilariously epic romp.
Steven Universe

The entire time I was playing FF7R, I kept thinking about Steven Universe and how this formula would work really well for a game set during the gem rebellion before the start of the show, meaning you'd be playing as Rose as well as Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst. I just think it would rock.
Quoting myself because I really want to talk about this but nobody bit.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

I don't. Being famous seems to attract too much attention from other people, and the news just seemingly reports everything a famous person does.
I would want to create something that becomes famous, but I don't want my name and image thrown around too much. I wouldn't like the attention.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I wanna make cartoons, and a couple games. I expect my name to be known in certain circles, but I don’t crave fame or fortune. I just want to tell the stories I want to tell.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just beat Zapdos.

Cubone has Blizzard, Bonemerang, Brutal Swing and Brick Break. Currently, it's rare Quality is Squad Up.

Eevee has Bite, Refresh, Quick Attack and Swift. No Rare Quality as of yet.

Gonna do some board missions to collect some items, and then continue on with the story.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokémon Red and Blue Versions

I desperately want a Pokemon game in this style, and I actually think Persona 5 Strikers gives a good idea for how it could work. Like... you run around as the trainer but then when you do something to encounter a Pokemon you throw down your ball and then gain direct control of the Pokemon. You could even say this is an alternate universe where all Pokemon battles are fought using the Battle AR from Pokken to explain the difference in controls. Basing it off Gen 1 also gives you a limited number of Pokemon to have to create movesets for. And not ever Pokemon would be a full combat mon, I imagine some like Metapod would be assist mons the way the Personas work in Strikers. Plus, I imagine that this would have all of the additional non-regional evolutions introduced later for each Gen 1 mon for the sake of consistency. Really giving you a brand new way to experience Kanto.
If I have to experience Kanto one more time within the next fifteen years I’m gonna jump off a bridge.
Steven Universe

I just think it would rock.
03897535-AFC0-412D-B389-C01C438F3C8B.png

you dare pun at me?

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Less then 48 hours away.

Until I watch Godzilla vs. Kong (Hopefully, if not Wednesday it'll be).

After waiting seven years (Six if it wasn't for damn COVID). I will finally rest and watch the sunset.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm now at the fugitive part of the game. Cubone and Eevee running from the law to uncover the truth.

I'm not gonna lie. I hate this part of the game. But fortunately I prepared well before getting to this part. So it shouldn't be much trouble.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
You guys. I made top 8 in a Smash Bros. bracket for the first time ever. This was P+. I placed in 7th/14.
Granted, this was redemption bracket, but still. It's nice to have a tournament breakthrough.
freshman feud march 27 2021 redemption bracket top 8 results.png

Having an improvement mentality over a results mentality really does help.

Life is good.

:ness2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom