• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Regarding Pepe le Pew as he was brought up before I posted this, I thought that was dumb too, as he seems like an unrealistic caricature to me, though I guess I understand as there are some evil jerks irl who act like he did and worse. There were some episodes where Penelope acted the same to him though, causing him to be the one running, idk I know it’s all stupid and bad for irl though because there are evil sick dudes, I guess I just grew up thinking they were silly exaggerated cartoons with some unrealistic stuff going on...
They are cartoonishly exagerated. That's why i never really saw a problem with Pepe.

I get the feeling they wont remove his gender swapped equivalent from that Tiny toons reboot, because people find it funny when a female character is the one doing the harrasment i guess, i've seen how this kind of joke is generally seen and it annoys me.

But i wont say anything more on that subject.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
First Dr. Seuss books, then Pepe le Pew now this...

Cancel culture needs to stop already. I won't be surprised if they change Raphael's personality or just remove him entirely because he's the most aggressive and violent of the turtles.
In terms of Dr. Seuss, they just decided to stop printing 6 books that had racist images and weren’t selling regardless.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Cancel culture needs to stop already. I won't be surprised if they change Raphael's personality or just remove him entirely because he's the most aggressive and violent of the turtles.
Literally all of the six Dr. Seuss books that are going out of print were among the most obscure ones he'd ever written. It's not like they stopped publishing The Cat in the Hat, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Lorax, Horton Hears a Who, Green Eggs and Ham, and Oh the Places You'll Go. They were the literal no-name ones that contained racist imagery and language.

You can't look at me with a straight face and say you've ever so much as thought about...checks list..."And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street" before it went out of print. It's a manufactured outrage.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So for the mid and low level Project+ regional, I got sorted into the best pool: pool E

freshman feud march 27 2021 pool E meme.png

This is the greatest moment of my P+ tournament experience.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
In terms of Dr. Seuss, they just decided to stop printing 6 books that had racist images and weren’t selling regardless.
I think the problem mainly stems from some online shopping sites like ebay and amazon banning some accounts that sold these specific books second hand. Making it harder for people to see the books in question if they wanted too.

But i'm pretty sure you can just pirate them anyway.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
SnakeFighter64's Top 10 RPGs that should be remade in the style of Final Fantasy VII Remake

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here that I am IN LOVE with this gameplay style. And considering a very similar gameplay style was achieved in Persona 5 Strikers, I think the style of "hack and slash RPG" is here to stay. So here's my top 10 list of games I want remade in this style, and my ideas for how the adaptation could be made.
EarthBound

EarthBound is one of those series that has always interested my, and if the original games get on NSO I will definatley play them, but I can't help but feel that it could also work very well in this style. It's been described to me in the past as a story about a group of kids playing make believe RPG (specifically Mother 2, not Mother 3, that's way deeper) and I think going all out on that approach with all of your psychic powers and embellishing the weird set pieces and characters, while also deepening the story by really exploring the friendship of the four main characters would make for a very good game. And I think this change in direction will combine well with the new gameplay style to make a new beginning for the franchise.
Wild Arms

Wild Arms was a quintessential RPG series on the PS1 that lived on into the PS2 era before being abandoned. And a first party Sony IP to boot, and I think we can all agree they need to bring back more of them. As an experiment to see if the series is viable bring the classic to the modern era in the FF7R style, and then maybe we can get another recurring Sony IP!
Golden Sun

Now, I am not against another Golden Sun in the traditional style, in fact I think I want that to come into existence more then this remake purely to satisfy the long ignored fans of the series. But as someone who prefers the action oriented battle system, I want my own piece of the Golden Sun pie in a way I would be more inclined to enjoy. Then, not only could we get Golden Sun back, but it could have both a 2D AND a 3D series concurrently like Zelda!
Chrono Trigger

Another RPG classic that I have been itching to experience, and will definatley play the original if it gets on NSO, and one I think can only be enhanced by the new combat style and expansion of the story. I feel like this one being on this list is actually a tad obvious and I would be surprised if it didn't happen eventually.
Pokémon Red and Blue Versions

I desperately want a Pokemon game in this style, and I actually think Persona 5 Strikers gives a good idea for how it could work. Like... you run around as the trainer but then when you do something to encounter a Pokemon you throw down your ball and then gain direct control of the Pokemon. You could even say this is an alternate universe where all Pokemon battles are fought using the Battle AR from Pokken to explain the difference in controls. Basing it off Gen 1 also gives you a limited number of Pokemon to have to create movesets for. And not ever Pokemon would be a full combat mon, I imagine some like Metapod would be assist mons the way the Personas work in Strikers. Plus, I imagine that this would have all of the additional non-regional evolutions introduced later for each Gen 1 mon for the sake of consistency. Really giving you a brand new way to experience Kanto.
Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation

I've actually been playing the turn based version available on the Switch, and it makes me want a remake in this style more then ever. From what I understand about the series, 3 is the one that is the most iconic among the fanbase (though I could be wrong with that). There's so much room to expand the story with what little is there. And I actually imagine the plot you experience being a lot more customizable thanks to a special new system. While the male and female versions of the Hero (Arusu and Irin) would be basically the same, the male and female versions of each of the other classes would be dedicated specific characters, so when you pick a set of three companions at the start of the game, you're basically choosing the parts of the story you will experience, what dialogue you will hear, what relationships you'll form, all that. Swapping occupations at Alltrades Abbey could be an even greater form of customization because you'd be able to take a character you like but give them the play-style that fits your needs better. IDK, I play this game and I see a tonne of room to get really creative with a remake like this.
The Legend of Dragoon

The Legend of Dragoon is another first party Sony RPG that not only often makes people's top 10 RPG lists, but TOPS them. The main character, Dart Feld, was even going to be a DLC character in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale before Sony screwed over the devs even more then they already had and cancelled the DLC. It's also one that has sadly been forgotten to the sands of time, as it never received a single follow up after the PS1 era. So give it the modern FF7R style upgrade and breathe new life into this legacy title!
Final Fantasy VI

Technically, every non MMO Final Fantasy game pre FFXV shares this spot, but I think Final Fantasy VI is the one I want to see immediately next. It's definatley one of the most popular games in the series and IMO the most likely to get a remake next out of the games in the series. It's one I don't need to explain. Give Terra's adventure the same HD makeover that we've given Cloud's.
Persona 5 Royal

IMO, this is the easiest one on the list to do. Omega Force has all of the assets from Strikers, which already includes basically every enemy type from Persona 5 base except for the bosses. As well as a playable move-set for every Phantom Thief besides Violet. So just recreate Royal's dungeons in Strikers's engine and we've got a potential masterpiece on our hands!
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

You all saw this coming. I can't not. Just imagining that opening Bowser's Catle segment but remade to be as epic as the Bombing Mission of 7R makes me jiggle and melt into pile of euphoric goo. I want this so badly it's hard to even explain! Just please, Nintendo, Square, DO IT!!!

Honorable Mentions: Franchises that should be made into this gameplay style in the first place. Just new adventures using the characters and settings from these franchises.
Shovel Knight

Imagine like... a Shovel Knight game set after the events of the first one with four story modes to travel through, one for Shovel Knight, Plague Knight, Specter Knight, and King Knight, each with their own unique lineup of party members that change up how you approach the game. Basically a good mashup of FF7R and Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
Five Nights at Freddy's

Kind of a joke, but I'm just imagining taking FNaF's recent fun it's had parodying things in Ultimate Custom Night (Toy Chica: The Highschool Years and 復讐の旅) and applying that to the Final Fantasy series in a pseudo follow up to FNaF World. I think it has to potential to be a hilariously epic romp.
Steven Universe

The entire time I was playing FF7R, I kept thinking about Steven Universe and how this formula would work really well for a game set during the gem rebellion before the start of the show, meaning you'd be playing as Rose as well as Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst. I just think it would rock.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got a better one, what’s the BEST fandom on Twitter?
From my (albeit limited) experience with twitter, it's the smaller fandoms that are the most "normal" I guess, is the best way to say it. Certainly not as bad as you would find just by taking a curious look over at the trending tags.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh I knew about Disney having some issues, but I didn’t know about those two specifically, I just remember some stuff like Stan’s hat. Tbh I wouldn’t have liked the neck-snap I guess, but Disney being against the LGBT stuff sucks, nice that they seem to have started letting them be included though afaik with newer cartoons and shows (like The Owl House, but I haven’t watched it so I’m just going off of what people have said).

I guess what I meant was some of the very creepy stuff and a bit of cartoon violence. I guess realistic violence like snapping necks is what bothers me, though Dippy Fresh was technically just part of a fake fantasy dream-world so idk I guess it would’ve been fine...idk...

Regarding Pepe le Pew as he was brought up before I posted this, I thought that was dumb too, as he seems like an unrealistic caricature to me, though I guess I understand as there are some evil jerks irl who act like he did and worse. There were some episodes where Penelope acted the same to him though, causing him to be the one running, idk I know it’s all stupid and bad for irl though because there are evil sick dudes, I guess I just grew up thinking they were silly exaggerated cartoons with some unrealistic stuff going on like the unrealistic violence gags and run speed etc....
Oh right, they changed Stan's hat on Disney+ for no reason as Disney disagrees with Disney as for what's acceptable on Disney.

Nah, you'd be surprised at how often sexual harassment like that happens, the people doing it often think they're just being funny or "Oh but I really like you so it's ok!". Penelope doing it too doesn't fix it either as one of the most overlooked cases of sexual harassment is towards men, which is reinforced by terrible people who only bring it up to dismiss women who're victims because those horrid people don't actually care about sexual harassment or sexual assault

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
From my (albeit limited) experience with twitter, it's the smaller fandoms that are the most "normal" I guess, is the best way to say it. Certainly not as bad as you would find just by taking a curious look over at the trending tags.
Eh... even small fandoms can be ruined by just the wrong person or people getting in

take it from me... there was this fandom for a relatively obscure JRPG I was obsessed over, and it was ruined cause the wrong people got in and bullied anyone who disagreed with them relentlessly. I was one of those victims...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Because when a fanbase is niche and small it doesnt have as many weirdo's coming in to make things cringe.

That's the natural progession of a mainstream fanbase.

SnakeFighter64's Top 10 RPGs that should be remade in the style of Final Fantasy VII Remake

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here that I am IN LOVE with this gameplay style. And considering a very similar gameplay style was achieved in Persona 5 Strikers, I think the style of "hack and slash RPG" is here to stay. So here's my top 10 list of games I want remade in this style, and my ideas for how the adaptation could be made.
EarthBound

EarthBound is one of those series that has always interested my, and if the original games get on NSO I will definatley play them, but I can't help but feel that it could also work very well in this style. It's been described to me in the past as a story about a group of kids playing make believe RPG (specifically Mother 2, not Mother 3, that's way deeper) and I think going all out on that approach with all of your psychic powers and embellishing the weird set pieces and characters, while also deepening the story by really exploring the friendship of the four main characters would make for a very good game. And I think this change in direction will combine well with the new gameplay style to make a new beginning for the franchise.
Wild Arms

Wild Arms was a quintessential RPG series on the PS1 that lived on into the PS2 era before being abandoned. And a first party Sony IP to boot, and I think we can all agree they need to bring back more of them. As an experiment to see if the series is viable bring the classic to the modern era in the FF7R style, and then maybe we can get another recurring Sony IP!

Golden Sun

Now, I am not against another Golden Sun in the traditional style, in fact I think I want that to come into existence more then this remake purely to satisfy the long ignored fans of the series. But as someone who prefers the action oriented battle system, I want my own piece of the Golden Sun pie in a way I would be more inclined to enjoy. Then, not only could we get Golden Sun back, but it could have both a 2D AND a 3D series concurrently like Zelda!
Chrono Trigger

Another RPG classic that I have been itching to experience, and will definatley play the original if it gets on NSO, and one I think can only be enhanced by the new combat style and expansion of the story. I feel like this one being on this list is actually a tad obvious and I would be surprised if it didn't happen eventually.
Pokémon Red and Blue Versions

I desperately want a Pokemon game in this style, and I actually think Persona 5 Strikers gives a good idea for how it could work. Like... you run around as the trainer but then when you do something to encounter a Pokemon you throw down your ball and then gain direct control of the Pokemon. You could even say this is an alternate universe where all Pokemon battles are fought using the Battle AR from Pokken to explain the difference in controls. Basing it off Gen 1 also gives you a limited number of Pokemon to have to create movesets for. And not ever Pokemon would be a full combat mon, I imagine some like Metapod would be assist mons the way the Personas work in Strikers. Plus, I imagine that this would have all of the additional non-regional evolutions introduced later for each Gen 1 mon for the sake of consistency. Really giving you a brand new way to experience Kanto.
Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation

I've actually been playing the turn based version available on the Switch, and it makes me want a remake in this style more then ever. From what I understand about the series, 3 is the one that is the most iconic among the fanbase (though I could be wrong with that). There's so much room to expand the story with what little is there. And I actually imagine the plot you experience being a lot more customizable thanks to a special new system. While the male and female versions of the Hero (Arusu and Irin) would be basically the same, the male and female versions of each of the other classes would be dedicated specific characters, so when you pick a set of three companions at the start of the game, you're basically choosing the parts of the story you will experience, what dialogue you will hear, what relationships you'll form, all that. Swapping occupations at Alltrades Abbey could be an even greater form of customization because you'd be able to take a character you like but give them the play-style that fits your needs better. IDK, I play this game and I see a tonne of room to get really creative with a remake like this.
The Legend of Dragoon

The Legend of Dragoon is another first party Sony RPG that not only often makes people's top 10 RPG lists, but TOPS them. The main character, Dart Feld, was even going to be a DLC character in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale before Sony screwed over the devs even more then they already had and cancelled the DLC. It's also one that has sadly been forgotten to the sands of time, as it never received a single follow up after the PS1 era. So give it the modern FF7R style upgrade and breathe new life into this legacy title!
Final Fantasy VI

Technically, every non MMO Final Fantasy game pre FFXV shares this spot, but I think Final Fantasy VI is the one I want to see immediately next. It's definatley one of the most popular games in the series and IMO the most likely to get a remake next out of the games in the series. It's one I don't need to explain. Give Terra's adventure the same HD makeover that we've given Cloud's.
Persona 5 Royal

IMO, this is the easiest one on the list to do. Omega Force has all of the assets from Strikers, which already includes basically every enemy type from Persona 5 base except for the bosses. As well as a playable move-set for every Phantom Thief besides Violet. So just recreate Royal's dungeons in Strikers's engine and we've got a potential masterpiece on our hands!
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

You all saw this coming. I can't not. Just imagining that opening Bowser's Catle segment but remade to be as epic as the Bombing Mission of 7R makes me jiggle and melt into pile of euphoric goo. I want this so badly it's hard to even explain! Just please, Nintendo, Square, DO IT!!!

Honorable Mentions: Franchises that should be made into this gameplay style in the first place. Just new adventures using the characters and settings from these franchises.
Shovel Knight

Imagine like... a Shovel Knight game set after the events of the first one with four story modes to travel through, one for Shovel Knight, Plague Knight, Specter Knight, and King Knight, each with their own unique lineup of party members that change up how you approach the game. Basically a good mashup of FF7R and Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
Five Nights at Freddy's

Kind of a joke, but I'm just imagining taking FNaF's recent fun it's had parodying things in Ultimate Custom Night (Toy Chica: The Highschool Years and 復讐の旅) and applying that to the Final Fantasy series in a pseudo follow up to FNaF World. I think it has to potential to be a hilariously epic romp.
Steven Universe

The entire time I was playing FF7R, I kept thinking about Steven Universe and how this formula would work really well for a game set during the gem rebellion before the start of the show, meaning you'd be playing as Rose as well as Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst. I just think it would rock.
If anything Earthbound should be remade in the style of Links awakening's remake, the artstyle would be perfect for it.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh right, they changed Stan's hat on Disney+ for no reason as Disney disagrees with Disney as for what's acceptable on Disney.

Nah, you'd be surprised at how often sexual harassment like that happens, the people doing it often think they're just being funny or "Oh but I really like you so it's ok!". Penelope doing it too doesn't fix it either as one of the most overlooked cases of sexual harassment is towards men, which is reinforced by terrible people who only bring it up to dismiss women who're victims because those horrid people don't actually care about sexual harassment or sexual assault
It actually wasn't changed for Disney+. It's just that Disney+ used the preexisting altered footage from the version that aired in the middle east. I don't know if the service is region locked, but if not, that may have been the reason for the change.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
So about that whole female Smash style game I mentioned yesterday. May need some help trying to figure all this out and get more streamlined
Nintendo: Pauline, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Ashley, Dixie Kong, Zelda, Midna, Samus, Palutena, Cynthia, Lyn, Lucina, Edelgard, Isabelle, Wii Fit Trainer, Callie, Marie, Pyra/Mythra,
Sega: Amy Rose, Blaze the Cat, Arle, Blaze Fielding
Capcom: Roll, Chun-Li, Cammy, Jill Valentine, Ada Wong, Morrigan, Amaterasu,
Namco: Ms. Pac-Man, Velvet, KOS-MOS, Nina Williams, Sophitia,
Konami: Maria Renard, Shanoa, The Boss,
Square: Tifa Lockhart, Terra Branford, Lara Croft, 2B, Agnes,
Platinum: Bayonetta (Jeanne clone)
SNK: Mai Shiranui, Athena Asamiya, Nakoruru,
Koei Tecmo: Kasumi,
Arc System Works: Millia, Noel Vermillion, Kyoko, Misako,
Sony: Aloy, Kat
Microsoft: Joanna Dark
Ubisoft: Jade
Valve: Chell, Alyx Vance
Blizzard: Sarah Kerrigan, Tracer
Touhou Project: Reimu
WayForward: Shantae
Gears for Breakfast: Hat Kid (Bow Kid clone)
505 Games: Miriam

Undecided
Cosplay Pikachu, Kangaskhan
Krystal,
Tiki, Celica,
Elma
Min Min, Twintelle, Dr. Coyle,
Sakura, Juri
Claire Redfield
Athena Sykes
Valkyrie
Julia Chang
Talim, Taki, Hilde,
Meryl
Ayane,
Sonya, Kitana, Mileena
Curly Brace,
Risky Boots
Lilac,
Madeline,
Commander Shepard

Alex (Minecraft)
If you need more inspiration, GameXplain also made a Top 100 list a while ago (back when the old members were still around).

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think I found my purpose in this world.

That purpose being able to draw well enough & have enough characters made by me so that I can recreate this video (WARNING: LOUD) with my characters.

I have no ****ing idea why this exist, but god bless it's existence, for making my Saturday.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I'd like to do someday in Ultimate is to figure out which of Snake's camouflage alts blends best with each stage.

But with a game with over 100 stages, that'll take a lot of time.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! I got a Blue Yeti today. Fun times ahead. :nifty:

Oh, and Aurane Aurane : Since I'm pretty sure you're waaaaay ahead of where I am in MD right now (I'm still at like, the beginning lol), how do the Powerful Enemies in dungeons work? I've visited one of the dungeons a few times now and still haven't actually encountered the enemy.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Monster Hunter Rise is fun! Kinda funny how two discounts for games I've been interested in were dropped like a week or so before Rise released so now I have three games to play on the Switch. Before then it was merely collecting dust.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Been experimenting with weapons I don't typically use in other Monster Hunter games and I gotta say, the Insect Glaive is pretty fun. I'm still trying to get the hang of gathering buffs from monsters with the Kinsect but it's satisfying to pummel the **** out of them from the air.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh, and Aurane Aurane : Since I'm pretty sure you're waaaaay ahead of where I am in MD right now (I'm still at like, the beginning lol), how do the Powerful Enemies in dungeons work? I've visited one of the dungeons a few times now and still haven't actually encountered the enemy.
They appearly randomly on different floors in their specific dungeon, and are marked on the map with a yellow "boss" icon. You just have to be lucky to run into one. You may have to hang around a floor just to find one, sometimes.

They're stat-boosted Pokemon that are capable of being Shiny. You can recruit them, but I don't think it's possible to recruit them without a friend bow. I only ever recruited one, and it was a Shiny Ampharos.

When defeated, they always drop a Deluxe Box.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
They appearly randomly on different floors in their specific dungeon, and are marked on the map with a yellow "boss" icon. You just have to be lucky to run into one. You may have to hang around a floor just to find one, sometimes.

They're stat-boosted Pokemon that are capable of being Shiny. You can recruit them, but I don't think it's possible to recruit them without a friend bow. I only ever recruited one, and it was a Shiny Ampharos.

When defeated, they always drop a Deluxe Box.
Aaaaaaah, I see, got it. Makes sense. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It took me several days but i finally beat those Xenoblade cables.

"Are you really 'here'?" That entire exchange is the most Kingdom hearts thing ive ever heard in a game that isnt kingdom hearts.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, might as well bring this bad boy out again.
Yoooo, this is some good drawing! The fact you made it on good ole paper make it even better!

Don't know if you're a active artist, but whatever you draw next, I wish you the very best. ;)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Alright, I just got eliminated from the regional today.

Fortunately, I didn't come in last in my pool. I reached 5th/6, which is better than I expected.

freshman feud march 27 2021 final bracket results.png
Nice to feel improvement within tournament finally, after months of feeling no improvement at all. Then again, it's tournament so it's not the end all be all measurement of improvement.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

well Rise changed his personality, so that wouldn't be anything drastic. Less Sarcastic and never raging...more nice, caring, jacked, and former leader type deal

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Yoooo, this is some good drawing! The fact you made it on good ole paper make it even better!

Don't know if you're a active artist, but whatever you draw next, I wish you the very best. ;)
I draw for myself most of the time. I’m not quite ready to do commissions or any big projects until I’m satisfied with my own work. Thanks for the kind words, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom