• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I know I said I wasn't going to rush, but I just bought Immortals Fenyx Risibg. I thoroughly enjoyed the demo and its on sale so wynaut?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
So about that whole female Smash style game I mentioned yesterday. May need some help trying to figure all this out and get more streamlined
Nintendo: Pauline, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Ashley, Dixie Kong, Zelda, Midna, Samus, Palutena, Cynthia, Lyn, Lucina, Edelgard, Isabelle, Wii Fit Trainer, Callie, Marie, Pyra/Mythra,
Sega: Amy Rose, Blaze the Cat, Arle, Blaze Fielding
Capcom: Roll, Chun-Li, Cammy, Jill Valentine, Ada Wong, Morrigan, Amaterasu,
Namco: Ms. Pac-Man, Velvet, KOS-MOS, Nina Williams, Sophitia,
Konami: Maria Renard, Shanoa, The Boss,
Square: Tifa Lockhart, Terra Branford, Lara Croft, 2B, Agnes,
Platinum: Bayonetta (Jeanne clone)
SNK: Mai Shiranui, Athena Asamiya, Nakoruru,
Koei Tecmo: Kasumi,
Arc System Works: Millia, Noel Vermillion, Kyoko, Misako,
Sony: Aloy, Kat
Microsoft: Joanna Dark
Ubisoft: Jade
Valve: Chell, Alyx Vance
Blizzard: Sarah Kerrigan, Tracer
Touhou Project: Reimu
WayForward: Shantae
Gears for Breakfast: Hat Kid (Bow Kid clone)
505 Games: Miriam

Undecided
Cosplay Pikachu, Kangaskhan
Krystal,
Tiki, Celica,
Elma
Min Min, Twintelle, Dr. Coyle,
Sakura, Juri
Claire Redfield
Athena Sykes
Valkyrie
Julia Chang
Talim, Taki, Hilde,
Meryl
Ayane,
Sonya, Kitana, Mileena
Curly Brace,
Risky Boots
Lilac,
Madeline,
Commander Shepard

Alex (Minecraft)
Are you planning on making art or something out of this or is this just staying on text?

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Idk why adult stuff is starting to get forbidden in cartoons nowadays, as long as it’s more kid-friendly then it’s fine imo. When I was a kid it didn’t make me do naughty stuff after watching or whatever people are worried about, and the adult idea of it flew over my head, I just thought it was funny.

It’s not the only episode with adult jokes, either.

For all I know, though, maybe it’s just companies worrying over nothing and not bothering to ask, like what happened with Speedy Gonzales. Perhaps the people who complain are a minority with an extreme view of it.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
and also you forgot the best part of the episode
the entire Baltimore scene...Marvel went on to get super real again and my feels...the black person within my soul got all touchy feely
Having re-watched the episode, I agree with you that the Baltimore scene was very well executed and I do feel very sorry for Isaiah for what traumatic experiences he had been through ever since he was given the super soldier serum.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If they cut this and not **** like House Fancy for the toenail scene, I’m gonna be pissed.
personally I'd rather they cut out Wormy. That episode ****ed me up as a child more than the Klasky Csupo face did

but the toenail stuff should probably be taken out as well since...well it was pretty nasty for the most part
Idk why adult stuff is starting to get forbidden in cartoons nowadays, as long as it’s more kid-friendly then it’s fine imo. When I was a kid it didn’t make me do naughty stuff after watching or whatever people are worried about, and the adult idea of it flew over my head, I just thought it was funny.

For all I know, though, maybe it’s just companies worrying over nothing and not bothering to ask, like what happened with Speedy Gonzales. Perhaps the people who complain are a minority with an extreme view of it.
I'd say in the current times, the media has been getting soft for no reason. Yeah there can be limits and a reasonable amount of censorship...but people have been overdoing it as the years go by
Having re-watched the episode, I agree with you that the Baltimore scene was very well executed and I do feel very sorry for Isaiah for what traumatic experiences he had been through ever since he was given the super soldier serum.
then when they were about to arrest Sam just for being black (yeah he was also mad...but let's face it...a white cop protecting a white man from a black guy...not much more needs to be said there) was ****ed up. Him nearly going to jail only to be saved by the smart(ish) cop realizing he was an Avenger...then arresting Bucky moments after they were playing favorites...the Captain America side of Marvel has always been some of the most personal stuff, and the MCU version of Cap's world continues to be amazing

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'm pretty sure it's not the adult humour that's deemed an issue, but rather invading someone's privacy to steal their underwear for perverted reasons. I never get this idea that people are too sensitive about this these days when so many other kid shows get away with it these days as they did back in the day, especially because the last generation literally banned movies in the US for making fun of Jesus too much

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
I'm pretty sure it's not the adult humour that's deemed an issue, but rather invading someone's privacy to steal their underwear for perverted reasons. I never get this idea that people are too sensitive about this these days when so many other kid shows get away with it these days as they did back in the day, especially because the last generation literally banned movies in the US for making fun of Jesus too much
Well, I can understand that, I guess I just didn’t see it like that when I was little, but yeah that wouldn’t fly irl. I’m not the best at realizing some stuff, and maybe it having been his mother’s house is part of why, idk.

Personally I don’t like the idea of making fun of religious figures/the religions themselves if it’s meant to be offensive or is or something (if it’s like Terminal Montage’s Christian jokes then it’s fine and I actually like it as a Christian myself), I just think some cartoony comedic stuff that people get mad at is fine as long as it’s not too adult or realistic, but that’s just me. I don’t really watch cartoons on TV much these days tbh though I know Gravity Falls had stuff they didn’t stop from airing, I liked that series.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
2021 in a nutshell
I'm surprised it took em this long for this.

It's one of my favorite episodes for sure but i always wondered how they got away with the panty raid thing for so long.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm surprised it took em this long for this.

It's one of my favorite episodes for sure but i always wondered how they got away with the panty raid thing for so long.
by the powers of a more hard skinned culture or something idk. At this rate, who knows what reason for every future ban will be

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
2021 in a nutshell
First Dr. Seuss books, then Pepe le Pew now this...

Cancel culture needs to stop already. I won't be surprised if they change Raphael's personality or just remove him entirely because he's the most aggressive and violent of the turtles.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well, I can understand that, I guess I just didn’t see it like that when I was little, but yeah that wouldn’t fly irl. I’m not the best at realizing some stuff, and maybe it having been his mother’s house is part of why, idk.

Personally I don’t like the idea of making fun of religious figures/the religions themselves if it’s meant to be offensive or is or something (if it’s like Terminal Montage’s Christian jokes then it’s fine and I actually like it as a Christian myself), I just think some cartoony comedic stuff that people get mad at is fine as long as it’s not too adult or realistic, but that’s just me. I don’t really watch cartoons on TV much these days tbh though I know Gravity Falls had stuff they didn’t stop from airing, I liked that series.
Oh Gravity Falls had censorship issues too, Disney refused to let Alex Hirsch have LGBT characters in it and he's openly stated how that pissed him off, he also couldn't show Dipper snapping Dippy Fresh's neck, but I think it's safe to assume that nobody was against that

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
First Dr. Seuss books, then Pepe Lee Pew now this...

Cancel culture needs to stop already. I won't be surprised if they change Rapharl's personality or just remove him entirely because he's the most aggressive and violent of the turtles.
Bruh, the only people upset about the Dr. Seuss books are dumbasses, I bet you'd need to look up even 1 of the books that they decided to stop printing. As for Pepe le Pew, the entire joke is him stalking and sexually harassing someone who's very much not interested

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
First Dr. Seuss books, then Pepe le Pew now this...

Cancel culture needs to stop already. I won't be surprised if they change Raphael's personality or just remove him entirely because he's the most aggressive and violent of the turtles.
Bruh, nobody was really clamouring for removal any of the three, it was the executive's decision to remove it first and foremost for all three of these because THEY felt like it wouldn't fit by general audiences of today's times.

Cancel Culture has nothing to do with this.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Bruh, nobody was really clamouring for removal any of the three, it was the executive's decision to remove it first and foremost for all three of these because THEY felt like it wouldn't fit by general audiences of today's times.

Cancel Culture has nothing to do with this.
Executive meddling in a nutshell.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Oh Gravity Falls had censorship issues too, Disney refused to let Alex Hirsch have LGBT characters in it and he's openly stated how that pissed him off, he also couldn't show Dipper snapping Dippy Fresh's neck, but I think it's safe to assume that nobody was against that
Oh I knew about Disney having some issues, but I didn’t know about those two specifically, I just remember some stuff like Stan’s hat. Tbh I wouldn’t have liked the neck-snap I guess, but Disney being against the LGBT stuff sucks, nice that they seem to have started letting them be included though afaik with newer cartoons and shows (like The Owl House, but I haven’t watched it so I’m just going off of what people have said).

I guess what I meant was some of the very creepy stuff and a bit of cartoon violence. I guess realistic violence like snapping necks is what bothers me, though Dippy Fresh was technically just part of a fake fantasy dream-world so idk I guess it would’ve been fine...idk...

Regarding Pepe le Pew as he was brought up before I posted this, I thought that was dumb too, as he seems like an unrealistic caricature to me, though I guess I understand as there are some evil jerks irl who act like he did and worse. There were some episodes where Penelope acted the same to him though, causing him to be the one running, idk I know it’s all stupid and bad for irl though because there are evil sick dudes, I guess I just grew up thinking they were silly exaggerated cartoons with some unrealistic stuff going on like the unrealistic violence gags and run speed etc....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom