• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp, it's official, Microsoft buys Discord.

kappa
7.8/10 not GNOMED :secretkpop:

also if I see one more ****ing Spanish ticket imma scream

as per my latest post in The Unhappy Thread I have a BIG complex about not being able to speak Spanish

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Kaze and the Wild Masks is a really fun game. It's very clear the SNES Donkey Kong Country games was its inspiration (Kaze moves around A LOT like Dixie Kong to boot)

It's a bit tough but really fun and well made game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Anyone wanna help me think up ideas for an all female Smash-like game? I don’t just mean like swapping out the male characters in Ultimate with a female equivalent (like Olimar with Brittany), I’m talking like building from the ground up and creating something along the lines of showing the history and legacy of female representation in gaming.

I wanna start with a base made up of protagonists (Ms. Pac-Man, Samus, Athena Asamiya, Jill Valentine, Lara Croft, Chell, Bayonetta, 2B, etc.) as well as iconic and recognizable female characters (Peach, Zelda, Chun-Li, Tifa Lockhart, etc.)

D

Deleted member

"Don't worry. He's just having a meltdown." ~ Sophie

I've come to the conclusion that I suck at Musou games. Still loving Persona Strikers though despite that and just beat the first Palace/Jail earlier, I've really grown a liking towards Sophie and Haru, who might as well not even have existed in the first game. Haven't really seen too much of the other new guy yet, but from first impressions, he seems pretty great, too.
Was kinda awkward sharing the same name as the first boss though.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I've watched the second episode of the Falcon & the Winter Soldier just now:

We got a very good backstory motive in to John Walker, but it seems like him trying to buddy along with Bucky and Sam isn't going to work out especially when he has Steve's shield.

But the moment he said "I'm not trying to be Steve Roger's, im trying to be the best Captain America I can be." This is where I get the feeling this will be his downfall as the episodes progress and I can pretty much understand why Sam and Bucky don't seem to trust him or his responsibilities as the government's Captain America.

D

Deleted member

Anyone wanna help me think up ideas for an all female Smash-like game? I don’t just mean like swapping out the male characters in Ultimate with a female equivalent (like Olimar with Brittany), I’m talking like building from the ground up and creating something along the lines of showing the history and legacy of female representation in gaming.

I wanna start with a base made up of protagonists (Ms. Pac-Man, Samus, Athena Asamiya, Jill Valentine, Lara Croft, Chell, Bayonetta, 2B, etc.) as well as iconic and recognizable female characters (Peach, Zelda, Chun-Li, Tifa Lockhart, etc.)
If you want some character suggestions: Valkyrie, Kat, Arle, Sakura Shinguji. For a real oddball choice maybe Bubbles from Clu Clu Land. Also being a big fan of Panel de Pon, I'm morally obligated to mention Lip.

I could maybe think of more, but that's just from the top of my head.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Thought of something similar myself tbh...
Samus, Peach, Zelda, Chun-li, Lara Croft, and Tifa were like my big 6 for such a game.

Additionally, not counting others you already listed,
Amaterasu, Commander Sheperd, Shantae, Terra Branford, Ada Wong, Nariko, Aloy, Jade, Alyx Vance, perhaps Cortana as well.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Here is the first trailer for James Gunn's Suicide Squad:

I just popped up to post this...so **** it imma still do it...but by the movies real name
I've watched the second episode of the Falcon & the Winter Soldier just now:

We got a very good backstory motive in to John Walker, but it seems like him trying to buddy along with Bucky and Sam isn't going to work out especially when he has Steve's shield.

But the moment he said "I'm not trying to be Steve Roger's, im trying to be the best Captain America I can be." This is where I get the feeling this will be his downfall as the episodes progress and I can pretty much understand why Sam and Bucky don't seem to trust him or his responsibilities as the government's Captain America.
and also you forgot the best part of the episode
the entire Baltimore scene...Marvel went on to get super real again and my feels...the black person within my soul got all touchy feely

duxx

Smash Ace

I think a good femal Kirby rep would be either
1616781343795.png
or
1616781803791.png

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

I actually started an all female roster with Nintendo characters only. Feel free to use it for inspiration.
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Rosalina
  • Pauline
  • Wendy
  • Ashley
  • Dixie Kong
  • Zelda
  • Midna
  • Adeleine
  • Cynthia w/ Spiritomb, Roserade, Garchomp
  • Samus
  • Dark Samus
  • Robin
  • Edelgard
  • Isabelle
  • Inkling
  • Min Min
  • Palutena
  • Pyra/Mythra
  • Wii Fit Trainer

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Here’s my progress so far:
Nintendo: Peach, Dixie Kong, Zelda, Samus, Cynthia,
Sega: Amy Rose, Blaze, Arle,
Capcom: Chun-Li, Jill Valentine, Morrigan, Amaterasu,
Namco: Ms. Pac-Man,
Square: Tifa Lockhart, Lara Croft, 2B,
Platinum: Bayonetta
SNK: Athena Asamiya, Nakoruru
Valve: Chell,
Sony: Aloy, Kat
Mircosoft: Joanna Dark,

Potentials:
Pauline, Daisy, Rosalina
Ashley
Palutena
Lyn, Tiki,
Isabelle
Callie, Marie
Min Min, Twintelle, Dr. Coyle,
Wii Fit Trainer
Pyra/Mythra
Cammy, Sakura,
Ada Wong, Claire Redfield
Nina Williams,
KOS-MOS,
Valkyrie
Sophitia, Taki, Hilde
The Boss, Meryl
Maria Renard
Terra Branford
Kasumi, Ayane,
Sonya, Kitana, Mileena
Jade
Shantae,
Curly Brace,
Lilac,
Hat Kid,
Madeline,
Commander Shepard
Alyx Vance

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
What prompted the Spanish to think "You know what we need? Two past tenses!".

Dumb language. We can all agree English is much simpler. dont worry this is a joke

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Here’s my progress so far:
Nintendo: Peach, Dixie Kong, Zelda, Samus, Cynthia,
Sega: Amy Rose, Blaze, Arle,
Capcom: Chun-Li, Jill Valentine, Morrigan, Amaterasu,
Namco: Ms. Pac-Man,
Square: Tifa Lockhart, Lara Croft, 2B,
Platinum: Bayonetta
SNK: Athena Asamiya, Nakoruru
Valve: Chell,
Sony: Aloy, Kat
Mircosoft: Joanna Dark,

Potentials:
Pauline, Daisy, Rosalina
Ashley
Palutena
Lyn, Tiki,
Isabelle
Callie, Marie
Min Min, Twintelle, Dr. Coyle,
Wii Fit Trainer
Pyra/Mythra
Cammy, Sakura,
Ada Wong, Claire Redfield
Nina Williams,
KOS-MOS,
Valkyrie
Sophitia, Taki, Hilde
The Boss, Meryl
Maria Renard
Terra Branford
Kasumi, Ayane,
Sonya, Kitana, Mileena
Jade
Shantae,
Curly Brace,
Lilac,
Hat Kid,
Madeline,
Commander Shepard
Alyx Vance
I think Sakura from Sakura Wars should be at least considered. She is more obscure but she is arguably one of SEGA's big 4 mascots up there with Sonic, Kiryu and Arle. I do very much agree with this list though.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I like how when I said I was finally going to bed, I got a call saying that I had to stay up because someone is gonna be coming by with more papers for me to sign, and then I stopped by the store to buy some food, and I'm still ****ing awake. Please, for the love of god, these people need to get here as soon as possible so I can go to ****ing SLEEP.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
HOLY ****
THIS CHAPTER OF IM THE GRIM REAPER IS INTENSE I WANTED TO SCREAM AT THE BIG REVEAL

and BOI

this is one HUGE Break The Cutie moment

IM-

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I feel like we may be due for another indie showcase pretty soon.

Perhaps in early April?

Or its just wishful thinking since I want news on Silksong, Axiom Verge 2 and a Subnautica release date.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
after all these years I’ve never ****ing noticed that Diana was the only Justice League member to be in full color during the shows intro
872DED5F-665D-43C7-BDCD-93A65469D193.gif

...then everyone else is given a strictly specific set of 1-2 colors ignoring the black shadows

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So the Sanrio cards for Animal Crossing were apparently a huge disaster, and Target is under major fire right now from both the Hello Kitty community and Animal Crossing community.

No, you mean a Hello Kitty product crossing over with a game that sold 20+ million in under a year had high demand?

Next you're gonna tell me it was a bad idea for Nintendo to ever make store exclusives a thing in the first place. :040:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With all that Pokemon boom going around, maybe I should sell my Charizard. :006:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom