• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
All this amiibo stock mess just reminds me of why I got out of amiibo. :191:

I somehow managed to collect the entire Splatoon and Kirby series, and got a bunch of others I like. I'm good, lol.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
So the Sanrio cards for Animal Crossing were apparently a huge disaster, and Target is under major fire right now from both the Hello Kitty community and Animal Crossing community.

No, you mean a Hello Kitty product crossing over with a game that sold 20+ million in under a year had high demand?

Next you're gonna tell me it was a bad idea for Nintendo to ever make store exclusives a thing in the first place. :040:
Meh. I’m not gonna throw a tantrum over it. Besides, considering how big the backlash is looking to be (I’ve only seen headlines on Google), I imagine there’ll be a non-exclusive reprint available to everybody down the line.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I only get the ones that I absolutely want, provided I have the funds at the time. I unfortunately missed out on a lot of the Zelda amiibos. Got all the Metroid amiibos though!

Min Min, Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra I'm definitely gonna get, though!

Last edited:

MooMew64

Meh. I’m not gonna throw a tantrum over it. Besides, considering how big the backlash is looking to be (I’ve only seen headlines on Google), I imagine there’ll be a non-exclusive reprint available to everybody down the line.
Meh, I got a little miffed, but I'm over it. It's not surprising: Target is historically awful with amiibo. They were probably the absolute worst retailer they could've chosen for this, lol. Even Gamestop probably would've fared a little better.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So i went to the dentist and the put so much anesthetic on me that i currently can't close my mouth all the way.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Meh, I got a little miffed, but I'm over it. It's not surprising: Target is historically awful with amiibo. They were probably the absolute worst retailer they could've chosen for this, lol. Even Gamestop probably would've fared a little better.
Really? I only ever went there for the red Mega Bloks Halo sets (the red Hornet was pretty dang rad). I didn’t think they were that bad. What, do they not have a recapcha system?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just spent way too much time sorting through all my cards and putting all the Rares and Mythics into a trade binder.

MooMew64

Really? I only ever went there for the red Mega Bloks Halo sets (the red Hornet was pretty dang rad). I didn’t think they were that bad. What, do they not have a recapcha system?
Nope, no protection against bots whatsoever.

To make matters worse with this amiibo release? They didn't honor what they told people: They said orders were online only, then cancelled just about everyone's online orders, outright didn't take them in some instances, and then just sold them on the store shelves with zero protection. Some stores didn't even enforce their two per-person rule either.

Long and short of it? They dead up just lied about how the product was being sold weeks before it was to release, meaning the plans anyone made to buy them and time they needed to set aside ended up just wasted completely.

Last edited:

MooMew64

So, I updated my audio setup. It’s not 100% perfect yet, and I still gotta fine tune it, but it’s getting there!
What are some good entry options for Yeti mics, BTW? I got some plans for making stuff later this year, and I need suggestions for affordable mics if you can give any.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What are some good entry options for Yeti mics, BTW? I got some plans for making stuff later this year, and I need suggestions for affordable mics if you can give any.
The Blue Yeti and Blue Snowball are definitely some quality entry microphones. Most folks start out with one of those, and for good reason.

MooMew64

The Blue Yeti and Blue Snowball are definitely some quality entry microphones. Most folks start out with one of those, and for good reason.
Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to look into those and maybe pick one up soon: Put some of that overtime money I'm earning this week to good use, lol.

I need to look into a decent capture card too, but that'll come a bit later: For now, I'll start with the mic.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Chuggaaconroy's 13th Anniversary!
Apparantly, that next LP he is talking about is going to be even longer than XB2, or atleast just as long.

I heard of the "Hold my Beer" memes plenty of times, but Chugga is just flexing on his past, present and future self at the same time.

What a guy, whatever he do next, I hope he has plenty of fun as always!

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I only ever had one Amiibo but it disappeared and to this day I have no clue where it is.

I feel like someone probably stole my King Dedede tbh

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So good news: Bought the bike at long last.

Bad news: It's the smallest men's one and even that is too big for me and had to pay for it in one go instead of over three payments. There goes £300 ($400) in which sucks cause I need to keep money above a certain number.

So tonight gonna do some anime films watching. Watched Summer Wars earlier so gonna go onto Wolf Children next.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Nope, no protection against bots whatsoever.

To make matters worse with this amiibo release? They didn't honor what they told people: They said orders were online only, then cancelled just about everyone's online orders, outright didn't take them in some instances, and then just sold them on the store shelves with zero protection. Some stores didn't even enforce their two per-person rule either.

Long and short of it? They dead up just lied about how the product was being sold weeks before it was to release, meaning the plans anyone made to buy them and time they needed to set aside ended up just wasted completely.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen or heard of a retailer donk up this horribly. I don’t foresee any further exclusivity from Nintendo from here on out.

Also, I’ve been dying to use that clip for something, so thanks for providing the perfect thing to react to :)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Spider-Man > Batman >>>>>>>>>> the rest
Almost accurate:
Action Man > Spider Man > Batman > The rest

404E4CC7-3E3B-4F96-AF8F-080104E7E387.png

In actuality, this is from Mike, Lu, and Og.
In seriousness, I agree with Batman being a neat character.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Me switching to the creepy Spacer's Choice Mascot from The Outer Worlds for my pfp. Everyone:

1616797677581.png

Don't take my word for it. Make a choice, Spacer's Choice.

Really though I'm gonna change it to something else later.

D

Deleted member

I may or may not have just bought the Japanese version of the Pokemon TCG for the GBC just because it came bundled with the card. Well, I've been meaning to replay the game anyway but didn't want to delete my save file, so might as well use that as an excuse.

Maybe this time I won't just stomp the game with Venusaur and actually try some new stuff out for once.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Monster Hunter Rise...is great, and the game looks absolutely beautiful for the hardware it's on. Swinging around with the Wirebug is hella addicting and I appreciate all the QoL changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom