• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So quick question since I'm seeing an online event happen again and I was asking my best friend this the other day.

Do any of you guys feel anxious or worried about your social circles post pandemic?

I'll admit I'm worried both online and offline on that front.

D

Deleted member

Man, waiting for
So quick question since I'm seeing an online event happen again and I was asking my best friend this the other day.

Do any of you guys feel anxious or worried about your social circles post pandemic?

Not particularly.

Because I don't have any :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Nope, I'm good.

I don't even know what talking to a friend in person feels like anymore with the constant lockdowns...

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
Found this cool fan art of what an Australian Graboid would look like:
Ozzy Graboid.jpg

Enter Graboidus Australis. The Ozzy Graboid.

What sets this one apart from it's relatives is that it's smaller then the others. Only reaching 5 meters on average (16 feet for you heathens). But body to length ratio wise it's the longest.

Another thing, quite unique over it's relatives, is that it is poisonous. This is part of a phenomenon known as Australian-ism. A condition where animals native to Australia are made to kill humans via OP poison, unexpected power, or plain evilness. This Graboid ops for all of the above.

Interestingly, it has markings on its back like some snakes to let larger creatures (which ones!?) To stay away because if the poison. It also evolved a set of quills/settae that can rattle when need be.

Aside from that, their later life stages are smaller and leaner for greater speed and also possess poisonous barbed tongues.
I could picture them looking like this in Tremors: The Thunder from Down Under which was cancelled.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
Found this cool fan art of what an Australian Graboid would look like:
View attachment 308850
Enter Graboidus Australis. The Ozzy Graboid.

What sets this one apart from it's relatives is that it's smaller then the others. Only reaching 5 meters on average (16 feet for you heathens). But body to length ratio wise it's the longest.

Another thing, quite unique over it's relatives, is that it is poisonous. This is part of a phenomenon known as Australian-ism. A condition where animals native to Australia are made to kill humans via OP poison, unexpected power, or plain evilness. This Graboid ops for all of the above.

Interestingly, it has markings on its back like some snakes to let larger creatures (which ones!?) To stay away because if the poison. It also evolved a set of quills/settae that can rattle when need be.

Aside from that, their later life stages are smaller and leaner for greater speed and also possess poisonous barbed tongues.
I could picture them looking like this in Tremors: The Thunder from Down Under which was cancelled.
Oz man, every version of something makes their counterparts look tame.

D

Deleted member

Figured I might as well give a proper answer to this.

Never actually had many friends, let alone a proper social circle and what little I have I don't even get to see due to constant lockdowns. Really gets to you after a while and makes you feel lonely. It's gotten to the point where even I'm, who is really shy and introverted, is actually craving some human interaction again. And unfortunately there's still no end in sight.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Is there still no reviews out for Balan Wonderworld?

Cause there's now reports of seizure warnings for the final boss.
I saw reviews appear on Steam some moments ago, and it currently has mixed reception. From other places like Twitter, I think it's the same but I think it might be leaning towards negative. I saw also a review on youtube and well, the flashing problem with the last boss fight indeed was addressed in all of them. Some mention that despite the patch, they still encounter the flashing. I also spoiled myself just because I don't care and I want to know what I was going to be in for...and I can safely say I am not buying it. Which is sad because I had a little hope for it.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Ok so this game HAS to be a massive ****posf right? Why doea a power up randomly decide when to activate? This game's Wha Happun is gonna be so ****ing good
I’m disappointed in how this game turned out; I haven’t actually tried the demo yet, but I’ve seen reviews and it just seems so bad. It looks charming and cool, and I was excited for it after seeing the first trailer, but the gameplay seems to be both dumb levels of easy and frustratingly limited :S

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Yes. I had a really tight knit circle of friends but now that we are all in college I don't know what any of them are doing. and i'm too anxious to contact them on discord

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Almost accurate:
Action Man > Spider Man > Batman > The rest

View attachment 308843
In actuality, this is from Mike, Lu, and Og.
In seriousness, I agree with Batman being a neat character.
haven't seen that show since Boomerang was free(ish) to watch

Dutch Raikuna

So I'd thought I should throw this thought out thinking about stuff, now this is deep stuff: Still three years on I'm recovering from a dangerous road of "what's the point of knowing people if you can't tell stories" mentality.
My main enjoyment of living comes from telling stories to people and when you almost died of a blood infection it becomes true in how much you want to as it makes you appreciate the small things.

As I'm in the middle of fighting depression the idea of wanting to tell stories as so much and that my friends here have been very supportive of my main story is why I have not given up.

And off topic but again, again and again to a certain Wademan94 Wademan94 I still owe you so much thanks for drawing my character. I haven't shown it to anyone outside of the forum except my best friend IRL but when I told my parent and a shopkeeper (who got a ****ing PS5 the other day) who introduced me to the forum idea, both were impressed.
Like "I'm glad that's how far you have made friends online" impressed.

I'll pay it back and you know it one day.

Figured I might as well give a proper answer to this.

Never actually had many friends, let alone a proper social circle and what little I have I don't even get to see due to constant lockdowns. Really gets to you after a while and makes you feel lonely. It's gotten to the point where even I'm, who is really shy and introverted, is actually craving some human interaction again. And unfortunately there's still no end in sight.
To be fair it just feels like I'm just talking to people only to feed that sort of social instinct and outside of a few people online and offline (people here know who they are) that 100% applies.
I don't have many friends either, just wished I can talk to them more and more. Feels like I can't go everyday without talking to people now or I get paranoid.

Imagine having a social circle.
I mean here is technically a social circle.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
And off topic but again, again and again to a certain Wademan94 Wademan94 I still owe you so much thanks for drawing my character. I haven't shown it to anyone outside of the forum except my best friend IRL but when I told my parent and a shopkeeper (who got a ****ing PS5 the other day) who introduced me to the forum idea, both were impressed.
Like "I'm glad that's how far you have made friends online" impressed.

I'll pay it back and you know it one day.
Dude, your gushing about it is more than enough.

Regardless this made my day again and I’ll look forward to whatever you do.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I saw reviews appear on Steam some moments ago, and it currently has mixed reception. From other places like Twitter, I think it's the same but I think it might be leaning towards negative. I saw also a review on youtube and well, the flashing problem with the last boss fight indeed was addressed in all of them. Some mention that despite the patch, they still encounter the flashing. I also spoiled myself just because I don't care and I want to know what I was going to be in for...and I can safely say I am not buying it. Which is sad because I had a little hope for it.
Ah boy, this isn't going to end well for Yuji Naka, considering Square Enix is only allowing one chance for him to make a platformer, or so I have heard.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So...apparently after doing some digging, it was already announced that Subnautica and Subnautica Below Zero are set to release on the Switch on May 14. And are seemingly going to be set at decent prices, too. $30 each or together for the price of a full game.

Welp...now the wait begins...
...is it May, yet?

AndreaAC

Ah boy, this isn't going to end well for Yuji Naka, considering Square Enix is only allowing one chance for him to make a platformer, or so I have heard.
Yeah, I think that's actually the whole ordeal. I honestly don't see the game getting a sequel. And the weird thing...they decided to publish a 280 page novel of the game...getting answers to so many doubts and vague things after the fact doesn't seem that good of an idea? I don't know...What saddens me is that not even the main thing I liked, Lance, the villain, could make me want to still get the game...what I saw left me baffled.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, I think that's actually the whole ordeal. I honestly don't see the game getting a sequel. And the weird thing...they decided to publish a 280 page novel of the game...getting answers to so many doubts and vague things after the fact doesn't seem that good of an idea? I don't know...What saddens me is that not even the main thing I liked, Lance, the villain could make me want to still get the game...what I saw left me baffled.
Yeah, with whatever happened to his old company, Prope and now this, Yuji Naka is not really being so successful after leaving Sega.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh god the anesthetic is wearing off, i can feel the spot where they injected my mouth starting to throb immensely.

D

Deleted member

So I built an Eeveelution deck. It ****ing sucks but is fun to use, so I consider that a win. Was grinding for a Ditto earlier to complete it, so I'm gonna use it, dammit. Ain't gonna let that time I spent gonna go to waste.

So I'd thought I should throw this thought out thinking about stuff, now this is deep stuff: Still three years on I'm recovering from a dangerous road of "what's the point of knowing people if you can't tell stories" mentality.
My main enjoyment of living comes from telling stories to people and when you almost died of a blood infection it becomes true in how much you want to as it makes you appreciate the small things.

As I'm in the middle of fighting depression the idea of wanting to tell stories as so much and that my friends here have been very supportive of my main story is why I have not given up.
I've certainly noticed how passionate you are about your stories and think it's actually pretty admirable. It's not uncommon for people to lose focus after a while, but you've steadily been continuing. and I'm wishing you all the best. And hey, I hope one day you'll gain the courage to put your stories out there.
God I suck at pep talk.

AndreaAC

Yeah, with whatever happened to his old company, Prope and now this, Yuji Naka is not really being so successful after leaving Sega.
Well, at least he tried. The thing I found as a positive from the start to now was the character design, but that's about it. It seems that the game is just all show and no substance. Again, it's sad. Props for the people that still enjoyed it regardless.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, at least he tried. The thing I found as a positive from the start to now was the character design, but that's about it. It seems that the game is just all show and no substance. Again, it's sad. Props for the people that still enjoyed it regardless.
Considering the theater based style and all the game had, it was all show.

Jokes aside, yeah, at least he did try.

D

Deleted member

Ok so this game HAS to be a massive ****posf right? Why doea a power up randomly decide when to activate? This game's Wha Happun is gonna be so ****ing good
A shame that this game turned out the way it did: the promotional material looking amazing.

AndreaAC

Considering the theater based style and all the game had, it was all show.

Jokes aside, yeah, at least he did try.
I was expecting it, not gonna lie! But I didn't know in what other way I could refer to that!:laugh:

Yup, and well, maybe we will have to see what else he's going to do from this point forward.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I was expecting it, not gonna lie! But I didn't know in what other way I could refer to that!:laugh:

Yup, and well, maybe we will have to see what else he's going to do from this point forward.
Considering how he is mostly about platformers, I think, I am not sure if he will leave Square after the probable event that they say he can't make another platformer, or stay and try something else. At least he tried. If he has to try something else, I am not sure if he will enjoy it as much as he likes making platformers.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Am fairly an introvert, which is ironic given my line of work, so I'm generally fine with no human context for long periods. Interactions tire me out quickly and when in large crowds of people I feel super awkward and don't have much to say. Can't think of a worse feeling than feeling alone in a crowd of people.

I do have at least one friend I try to stay in contact with regularly and will occasionally talk with someone on FB from my church/HS but I generally suck at maintaining relationships.

I do want to have a least two or three more regulars, but moving due to work last year and the pandemic have killed that. Am starting to build a few at my latest job at least somewhat.

Dutch Raikuna

So tomorrow I'm gonna have to go and buy a hacksaw for a strange reason. No its' not to cut off a scalper's scalp.............unfortunately.

I keep falling off my new bike and it's the smallest men's one so I'm gonna saw off an inch of the seat height so I can feel more comfortable on my tiptoes.

Dude, your gushing about it is more than enough.

Regardless this made my day again and I’ll look forward to whatever you do.
I'm probably going to do that crossover fight idea at least but I need to wait until things open first to fully dig into it.
Considering us two on this "moral boosting effort" and how we talk everyday I'm not worried about waiting for that. You know about the Discord thing that has gotten me anxious.

Also just to say it'd be great to see a few character creators here or such on Twitter design it and see how different it is. I just love your take on Sakura as it's very different from how I imagined her.

I will say again you were very accurate. Two points off it accurate perfection but 1000% correct for heart.

...................................Dammit you are right. Except for one:

I use Torterra.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom