• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh boy, talking about Balan Wonderworld? That game just baffles me. When it was first announced I was actually pretty hyped because it looked nice and had some big names attached to it.

Once more news came out though, I started getting skeptical. When it was "proudly" announced that the game will feature like 80 costumes, that alone raised some red flags for me. Quantity over quality and all that jazz.

And then the demo came out and it was... bad. I mean, the game looks gorgeous for the most part, but that's really it. The gameplay is slow, jumps have no momentum, costumes require a lot of backtracking (and good luck if you lose one) and some of them are even totally pointless, like the Box Fox. In fact, they even hinder the player. Also the way the NPCs all have the same dance is just uncanny and leads to some glaring clipping issues, not to mention how they disappear when you get close? I mean, I could understand NPCs disappearing when you're far away, but when you're getting close? It's just awkward,

And for the love of everything, why limit yourself to use just one button? Like what's the thought process here? Was he thinking that someone's gonna use their old Atari Joystick on the PC or what? Also reminder that the game's sole button isn't even a "jump" button but an "ability" button. So if your costume doesn't have an ability which includes a jump, have fun awkwardly switching to another one just to do a such a basic action. Yes, a 3d platformer which lacks a jump button, good going there guys.

Also yes, I'm aware that stages do have ramps in the ground so you don't have to switch, but that just opens a whole other can of worms. Like... why even bother to begin with then? They clearly saw it being an issue and instead of simply adding a jump button in a platformer they just changed the level layout to accommodate for that, That's just such an overly convoluted way of fixing said issue, it just baffles my mind. Just so they could keep the arbitrary one button rule?

And don't get me started on the Balan sections just being boring QTEs. The game just makes me sad, it's the epitome of wasted potential. I love me a good, colorful 3d platformer, but not like this man... not like this.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Logan Paul is gonna be on SmackDown next week...and more than likely he will be at WrestleMania 37

and that's not even acknowledging Bad Bunny having a singles wrestling match with The Miz

...yet WWE never gave people Big Show vs Shaq...****ing how dare y'all never do that? The one giant celebrity match the wrestling world wanted to see

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I watched the first 3 episodes of Invincible. It’s a pretty wild show but really good, I’d recommend checking it out if you like action shows/anime like projects.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
We got Bowser’s Fury lol
View attachment 308863
well, more specifically, my little brother got it, but still.
Two things:

1. Didn't know you have a younger sibling.

2. The angle of that TV scares me.

Finally got some sleep. I'm not fully rested, but then again, I never really am.

Anyways, how we doing tonight?
Meant to be doing some story stuff or film watching but had to deal with friend stuff. Been doing some things.

D

Deleted member

Oh, how I wish I'd have new adventure in the Orre region...
I spent way too much time simply walking around Pyrite Town just so I could hear the music. Colosseum had a godly soundtrack. Like, who can forget Mirror B's theme? Or even better, Mirakle B's bootleg version.

I wish GF would actually embrace the Orre games instead of acting like they don't exist.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I spent way too much time simply walking around Pyrite Town just so I could hear the music. Colosseum had a godly soundtrack. Like, who can forget Mirror B's theme? Or even better, Mirakle B's bootleg version.

I wish GF would actually embrace the Orre games instead of acting like they don't exist.
The fact both games were completely absent from last month's Pokémon Presents intro angered me greatly.

They will always be the first console mainline games to me.

Shroob

Sup?
Bruh Kalos emphasizes it, Grass Water Fire, Fighting Dark Psychic. It's the same triangle, just with extra types
Eh, I meant it moreso as one 'Mon being woefully unbalanced compared to the other, sorta like how Infernape just ****s all over Empoleon and Torterra gameplay-wise.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Just going to use Suicune as my final member of the Crystal run, because it's too late in Johto to train anything else up so i might as well.

Shroob

Sup?
"They aren't fast so poo."
I mean

Grass/Ground is a pretty bad type combo all things considered.

Steel/Water has uses, but almost everything packs an ice move which just one-shots Torterra. Also, despite being a turtle... it's not... really tanky.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m just waiting for a secondary dragon starter.

Empoleon proves they don’t care that much about keeping the weaknesses intact, as long as there’s another way to balance it out. Make one of the other starters fairy :drshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom