• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
You have to admit this part was cool
If we'd actually gotten a proper Superman yeah. It'd be a neat "alright no more Big Blue Boyscout" moment which tend to be cool.

But it's just more of the usual stuff from this Superman so for me, there's way less impact.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I ****ing hate scalpers.

Checked out of curiosity and every place I knew big and small and nope. Out of stock.

Greediest pricks in existence who ruin it for everyone. You want easy money then break your own leg and get a claim or disability allowance. Even easier for less? Then don't get a job and make up excuse for someone to phone every two weeks. Plus if you have money to buy 10 PS5s then you don't need the money.

Only bet it seems is to rely on a close acquaintance who knows a lot of people working in retail and see what they know.
Am definitely worried about amiibo hunting tomorrow. The last few waves haven't been bad, even Joker/Hero, but the longer the pandemic goes on the more prices seem to keep going up and up on collectables/video games. With the Animal Crossing cards and Monster Hunter, I wouldn't be surprised if scalpers start eyeing amiibo again.

I've pretty much given up on Pokemon cards with how bad it's gotten. Stores haven't had any in months, with many of my recent department stores only selling behind counters. Booster packs selling for almost double MSRP. PSA 10 cards that weren't selling for under $50 suddenly shooting up in the hundreds. Twitter stories of scalpers placing trackers on vendor's cars and harassing elementary/middle school children. etc.

A lot of games have also skyrocketed. Most of my eBay watch lists have shot up in price. If you told me two years ago that CIB Pokemon games, which regularly sell millions upon millions of copies, would be selling for $300 - $400 on average, I wouldn't have believed you.

That said, if you want some feel good stories about PS5/Xbox scalpers getting what they deserve here are some fun short videos:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Snake is gonna buckle down
Snake is gonna grind for cash
Snake is gonna get Persona 5R
And on the switch, the fourth Crash

And CTR and Spyro Trilogy on switch as well, but I’m not writing a whole mother verse

Shroob

Sup?

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ignore them. **** is not the same.
that's why it caught me off guard. Despite not knowing either man personally per sey, I can tell that Etika would never to anything as bad as ZeRo did (not to necessarily disrespect him)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Which would you pick?

As cool as getting more characters would be, having the ability to actually play them outside of the occasional family/friend gatherings would be even better.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
PMEX Remix has some stages that mimick traditional fighting games (like from Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Mortal Kombat) but it's rather different than Ultimate's King of Fighters Stadium: The said PMEX Remix stages are slightly wider, have a barrier on the ceiling as well, and it takes much more damage and knockback to KO your opponents.

Feels rather closer to traditional fighting games this way.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Which would you pick?

Imagine Nintendo diving into the rollback so early compared to everyone else. That's a laugh for the ages.

I'll take it. :191:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Am definitely worried about amiibo hunting tomorrow. The last few waves haven't been bad, even Joker/Hero, but the longer the pandemic goes on the more prices seem to keep going up and up on collectables/video games. With the Animal Crossing cards and Monster Hunter, I wouldn't be surprised if scalpers start eyeing amiibo again.

I've pretty much given up on Pokemon cards with how bad it's gotten. Stores haven't had any in months, with many of my recent department stores only selling behind counters. Booster packs selling for almost double MSRP. PSA 10 cards that weren't selling for under $50 suddenly shooting up in the hundreds. Twitter stories of scalpers placing trackers on vendor's cars and harassing elementary/middle school children. etc.

A lot of games have also skyrocketed. Most of my eBay watch lists have shot up in price. If you told me two years ago that CIB Pokemon games, which regularly sell millions upon millions of copies, would be selling for $300 - $400 on average, I wouldn't have believed you.

That said, if you want some feel good stories about PS5/Xbox scalpers getting what they deserve here are some fun short videos:
Yeah and it's ****ing bad. As the guys said it on YT that I saw (great videos) there are just greedy pricks. And as I've always said if you want a easy way to make money without getting a job (least in the UK) fake a claim or go onto Universal Credit. Boom nearly £200 ($280) in your bank every two weeks.

Hell speaking of scalping the one that always gets me is when it comes to food. Anyone remember when you had that Rick and Morty Szechuan Sauce at McDonalds and people were paying 10 bucks just for one dip of a McNugget?
Those people need help.

Last edited:
Reactions: ---

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Mario Kart? Mario goddamn Kart? Which has 12 players at a time and random items as well, while Sakurai thought 4 players+random items were too much for rollback?
In all fairness, Mario Kart is nowhere near as complicated as Smash and even then it has its issues with teleporting and lag.

But sure, I guess.

I guess the point here is that rollback won't fix Smash online when is has so many other issues.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The crazy thing about this statement is that Arms, Mario Kart 8, and Mario Tennis all have rollback iirc.

Smash, for whatever reason, doesn't.
1616730136559.png

Hey guys, Bart here to explain what Will meant!

He was specifically talking about it for Smash as a fighting game in the fighting game genre where people are fighting for rollback because of the fighting game genre's top games being outdated and not having rollback netcode, including Smash, which is why he wants rollback in Smash and would be surprised if Nintendo actually went through with it considering that despite that they have in fact given other games rollback netcode, Smash Bros. is the black sheep of which they still keep relying on Wi-Fi.

tl;dr i know

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The crazy thing about this statement is that Arms, Mario Kart 8, and Mario Tennis all have rollback iirc.

Smash, for whatever reason, doesn't.
Ultimate's code is based off of 4's, which in part is probably based off Brawls. Delay based netcode is part of the price of Everyone is Here.

On top of that Ultimate netcode would have to account for things like 8-player Smash, which would potentially be straining on the hardware.

Maybe next time.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ultimate's code is based off of 4's, which in part is probably based off Brawls. Delay based netcode is part of the price if Everyone is Here.
Zach these are two contradictory statements, which one is the reason we don't have rollback? Heritage or hardware? :224:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Zach these are two contradictory statements, which one is the reason we don't have rollback? Heritage or hardware? :224:
They aren't contradictory. Both can be factors that make it harder to implement.

Also I'm mostly just paraphrasing what Thinkaman said in the CCI. He understands this topic way more then I do.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Legit, Smash needs more than just rollback for good online.

So much more. Like, if it had rollback and nothing else worked on, we would have PSASBR online.

Which was borderline unplayable.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
hot **** Poggers I managed to get up to MHA 300...and after all this reading and all of that storytelling from 190ish to 300...all I can genuinely think is
827DB810-A046-49FC-AF50-1ED7B37A52B4.jpeg
B3686BD0-6411-42D4-83B8-02B5EAB1C22D.jpeg
but now...
7B7DEC84-A93D-4A71-8E7B-7963E0619826.jpeg
!!!!!WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MHA THIS HAS BEEN A PAINFUL DETROIT TEXAS SMASH TO THE HEART AND A PLUS ULTRA RIGHT INTO THE ****ING SOUL!!!!!

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
turn around kid,
it’d be a crime,
if i had to go back on the promise that i made for you,
so don’t step over that line,

or else, friend, you’re gonna have a bad time.

‘cause kids like you don’t play by the rules,
and guys like me, it ain’t easy to be played for fools,
so let’s go, let the room get chiller.

let’s go, d i r t y b r o t h e r k i l l e r .

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Would go with more characters personally both because I think it's more realistic and that I get easily stressed in 1v1. Am much more of a team format type of person when it comes to online play. If Sakurai can just squeeze in a few more to fill out the CCS & SSS I'd be overjoyed. lol

hot **** Poggers I managed to get up to MHA 300...and after all this reading and all of that storytelling from 190ish to 300...all I can genuinely think is
but now...
!!!!!WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MHA THIS HAS BEEN A PAINFUL DETROIT TEXAS SMASH TO THE HEART AND A PLUS ULTRA RIGHT INTO THE ****ING SOUL!!!!!
I'm definitely curious to see how much of the recent arcs they're going to use for Season 5 of the anime. With this most recent arc now over, I really can't wait to see how they'll adapt it and don't want to wait another year, but also because I don't think they'll be able to fill out an entire season with it.

Also the recent images of 307 confirming this half spoiler: Time Skip! Everyone is older.

Have started to watch Season 4 for the first time and I'm reminded about why action driven stories generally benefit from anime adaptions.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Got a little W.I.P. for an upcoming video, if y'all would like to see.

Ignore the title, this is an unlisted video-
Ngl, was expecting amogus to come out of nowhere, even though you said to ignore the title.

Look nice so far tho.

Also, holy crap, I missed alot.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Would go with more characters personally both because I think it's more realistic and that I get easily stressed in 1v1. Am much more of a team format type of person when it comes to online play. If Sakurai can just squeeze in a few more to fill out the CCS & SSS I'd be overjoyed. lol

I'm definitely curious to see how much of the recent arcs they're going to use for Season 5 of the anime. With this most recent arc now over, I really can't wait to see how they'll adapt it and don't want to wait another year, but also because I don't think they'll be able to fill out an entire season with it.

Also the recent images of 307 confirming this half spoiler: Time Skip! Everyone is older.

Have started to watch Season 4 for the first time and I'm reminded about why action driven stories generally benefit from anime adaptions.
with all that action, the recently concluded arc would more than likely have to be a whole season in itself (and maybe have a movie for the villains arc...inb4 all out war/recent story with a made up name is the movie.

and while that bit of a small spoiler is nice and all...it doesn’t change the fact that Midnight of all characters had to ****ing die. I was really hoping she got some sort of development overtime but nvm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom