• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Shroob Shroob just forwarded the Discord getting bought to a few friends of mine.

Never in my life have I got told to go **** myself in quick succession. I'm dying of laughter.

Turned the day around for me. Thanks dude.
Just sent it to my brother who I'm on Discord voice chat with right now and got a disappointed sigh in return.

Worth it. :101:

Shroob

Sup?
Judging by his response, the funniest part is that Shroob wasn't even expecting anyone to fall for that, so when half of you jumped in the bag, he was actually bamboozled in the process of his own bambozzling.

We're like a pack of ants that can't smell.
Or perhaps it says a lot about how fast people are to read headlines without reading the article itself.

I guess you could say that, we live in a society.

1616720666963.png

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Or perhaps it says a lot about how fast people are to read headlines without reading the article itself.

I guess you could say that, we live in a society.

View attachment 308720
Welcome to the internet age my friend.

People jump on the wagon faster than a cat to a cucumber when it comes to reactions.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Terrible dialogue
Martha Manhunter is an incredibly awful moment and makes J'onn look like a huge manipulative asshole
Giving Ezra Miller, Amber Heard and Jared Leto work
Knightmare sequence is awful
The colour is so ****ing dull all the time
Bad CG
Gratuitous slow motion that doesn't add anything to the film
Extremely poor pacing
Superman is still poorly done
Flash saving Iris was done so ****ing poorly
It's still a product of terrible world building and planning that requires them to establish half the League members in this film and have Superman sit out

I'll give them props for Cyborg and Steppenwolf being done well outside of looking like the sort of **** you see on a graphics card box. But it's still a dreadful film.
only things I could say about those points from my POV are
  • I found the dialouge to be far better here than there
  • I saw MM being more of a motivator to get Lois back into the kicking energy...so that she can get prepared for motherhood
  • Those 2 kinda had to be there considering it'd be both stupid and weird to recast them when they were there for the original content filmed and unfilmed
  • I ****ing loved the Knightmare sequence with Joker. Gave he hope that Leto Joker would have a redemption arc...ya know...if he was actually planned to stay
  • The coloring kinda had to stay the same since it's fitting to the mood. Going all bright colored for these guys out of nowhere was useless
  • the CGI I was amazed by for them. Especially with Flash turning back time and Cyborg + Steppenwolf
  • Pacing was quite fine...but I do admit there was a lot of slow motion going on
  • Iris being saved was cool to me, and Superman seemed better enough for this timeline
  • and best of all, it actually made the other 2 movies make more sense. Wish they were able to get the last 2 films made tbh
Tho I'm just on the side of positivity, I genuinely had an amazing time watching the film compared to Josstice especially. Became one of my favorite DCEU films alongside Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman, and Shazam.

Edit: and because I only just thought about it...there wasn't tons of pointless deaths that made me feel like ****...looking at you Apokolips War (did my girls Batgirl and Starfire dirty)

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
FFII is the only bad game that ends with II.
Mega Man II was awesome!
Ducktales II was pretty good.
Street Fighter II was awesome!
Wait, these are all Capcom games.
Tomb Raider II was awesome!
Oh wait, there's Cheetahmen II.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ya ever feel like you've gone two steps forward but five steps back?

Cause that's how I feel rn.

Shroob

Sup?
Which would you pick?

As much as I hate to admit it, rollback netcode.

6 characters mean nothing to me if the online is complete crap.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Which would you pick?

On the one hand, more fighters for this awesome game would be rad.

On the other hand, I’ve been doing this for three years I want smash speculation to end.

yeah I’ll take netcode.

D

Deleted member

Which would you pick?

Rollback netcode by a long shot.

A fighter's pass 3 would be cool and all, but I feel the two we have right now has been enough to satisfy me.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Which would you pick?

I already got my most wanted so give me online that actually works.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
It's just become a childish feud, honestly. Borderline obsessing over a YouTube content creator is not healthy whatsoever, but that doesn't mean folks should be sending death threats to fans of Dream. I wish folks would just take a step back for a moment, honestly.
Yeah people on both sides are being dumb.

I’ve argued/been critical on Twitter somewhat over Dream’s response since his behavior regarding the more-recent situation didn’t seem right and was annoying, but I still respect him as a human being and content creator and I respect his fans too, it’s just the toxic side that gets really annoying when something regarding them shows up on the timeline and the reasons they get Dream trending are really weird.

People shouldn’t be sending death threats over opinions or anything else; Dream stans shouldn’t be obsessive and sending death threats over negative opinions, and people who don’t like Dream shouldn’t be sending death threats nor should they troll and be obsessive over trying to get him cancelled, they’re not helping anybody.

Honestly I’m tired of drama stuff on Twitter, I’ve gotta learn to keep peace of mind and stay calm and stuff instead of letting things bother me.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Ah, FFII. The only Final Fantasy game that's actually bad. Other than XIII of course. You run out of MP, a lot, and you gotta grind, a lot.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Which would you pick?

Rollback netcode.
It's literally the standard now. I don't expect them to add it to Ultimate because doing so midlife for a game is a tough and expensive task, just ask NRS with regard to Mortal Kombat X. But in this hypothetical where it's a viable endeavour, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Beyond that, I'd like to be able to play with more people at once without everything ****ting the bed. Kinda hard to use my favourite characters otherwise

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yeah people on both sides are being dumb.

I’ve argued/been critical on Twitter somewhat over Dream’s response since his behavior regarding the more-recent situation didn’t seem right and was annoying, but I still respect him as a human being and content creator and I respect his fans too, it’s just the toxic side that gets really annoying when something regarding them shows up on the timeline and the reasons they get Dream trending are really weird.

People shouldn’t be sending death threats over opinions or anything else; Dream stans shouldn’t be obsessive and sending death threats over negative opinions, and people who don’t like Dream shouldn’t be sending death threats nor should they troll and be obsessive over trying to get him cancelled, they’re not helping anybody.

Honestly I’m tired of drama stuff on Twitter, I’ve gotta learn to keep peace of mind and stay calm and stuff instead of letting things bother me.
Real talk man, just stay away from the platform outside of cool artists and content creators you like. I use Twitter and I mute drama topics or drama-fueled accounts: Makes life a whoooooole lot better,

Basically, just do what Arlo does on the platform:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Real talk man, just stay away from the platform outside of cool artists and content creators you like. I use Twitter and I mute drama topics or drama-fueled accounts: Makes life a whoooooole lot better,

Basically, just do what Arlo does on the platform:

Real talk; if you take time to **** on a puppet's viewpoint, you're on another depth of sadness.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
this is not a surprise for me to witness...someone said Disney listens more and quicker than WarnerMedia...big damn callout right there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom