• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Annnnd there goes my curiosity of checking out that Monster Hunter movie...To think I gave those Resident Evil movies a watch...

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wasn't there another Suicide Squad film tho? Am I living in a Mandela effect righ now?
yes...but this has The in it...therefore it's more special
We don’t talk about that one
kinda have to since it's the 3rd continuation of the Harley Quinn story
You haven’t seen the Synder Cut yet, have you?
and he never will

Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester the more **** you talk about something you'll never watch the more clownish you'll appear
The Joker is important because he’s probably the most well known example of gamer representation.
ok...but does this apply to all Jokers or just the 2019 one? Cause if we can count the Harley Quinn show version of him then ****ing yes
OK. I got a free trial of game pass on a box of pop tarts, can I beat all of the Kingdom Hearts games it has on offer in 14 days?
I'm going to assume no simply because they seem like long ass RPG games seducing people with Disney characters...but then you get more anime and less Cool Uncle Donald and Pimp Daddy Goofy

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Annnnd there goes my curiosity of checking out that Monster Hunter movie...To think I gave those Resident Evil movies a watch...
It happened to the RE movies too, iirc a helicoptor prop fell and killed someone, Deadpool 2 also had a stuntwoman die when filming one of Domino's motorcycle scenes, I get the feeling you're being awfully selective about this.

As for the Snyder Cut, I have no interest but from what I hear it's a lot better due to being tonally consistent as you didn't have 2 different directors with vastly different directions, plus, Cyborg had 95% of his scenes cut in the Whedon cut from what I hear

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It happened to the RE movies too, iirc a helicoptor prop fell and killed someone, Deadpool 2 also had a stuntwoman die when filming one of Domino's motorcycle scenes, I get the feeling you're being awfully selective about this.
You really think so? It just sounds like Paul W.S. Anderson didn't care what happened with the stuntwoman hence my being kinda hesitant now since it sounds like he's a horrible person.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Resident Evil has voice acting that's worse than it sounds. It is ungodly. Good game though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You really think so? It just sounds like the director that he didn't care that it happened with the stuntwoman hence my being kinda hesitant now making him seem like a horrible person.
I'm not a director nor I do I know if any of the cases were due to negligence or accidents but your singling out a specific director. How do you feel about Deadpool 2?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I mean
View attachment 308716

Seems like it’s doing well
Numbers really don't change that it's asking for four hours of your time to watch a Snyder film which is a demanding ask.

Moreover I strongly disagree with almost anything painting the Snyder cut in a positive light anyway. It's just as bad as the the theatrical cut but for different reasons.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm not a director nor I do I know if any of the cases were due to negligence or accidents but your singling out a specific director. How do you feel about Deadpool 2?
Thought it was at most decent but overrated, the same with the first Deadpool. Don't know the backstory regarding the director of Deadpool 2 with the death of the stuntwoman, I just got the impression Paul might be a horrible person based on the link Mamboo posted and what SonicSmasher1 said. Perhaps I should read into it to get a better idea before jumping to that conclusion.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Paul WS Anderson films causing injuries goes back to Mortal Kombat. Robin Shou cracked ribs in the Liu Kang v Reptile fight

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
OK. I got a free trial of game pass on a box of pop tarts, can I beat all of the Kingdom Hearts games it has on offer in 14 days?
Maybe, but why do that when you could play Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age: Definitive Edition instead?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Thought it was at most decent but overrated, the same with the first Deadpool. Don't know the backstory regarding the director of Deadpool 2 with the death of the stuntwoman, I just got the impression Paul might be a horrible person based on the link Mamboo posted and what SonicSmasher1 said. Perhaps I should read into it to get a better idea before jumping to that conclusion.
Do you think everyone who made Deadpool 2 and now 3 happen is an awful person because of the worst case scenarios in dangerous careers? And yeah maybe you should acrually take a read instead of looking exclusively at a headline, there has never been a single article on any site that has the headline give you all the information it contains

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Reading into that article, geez 15 accidental stunts...
Do you think everyone who made Deadpool 2 and now 3 happen is an awful person because of the worst case scenarios in dangerous careers? And yeah maybe you should acrually take a read instead of looking exclusively at a headline, there has never been a single article on any site that has the headline give you all the information it contains
I never really took acting and filming a film to be that dangerous until now tbh.

Yeah maybe I was being too critical and harsh.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
There's a huge difference between a freak accident on one film and repeated accounts of injuries from various films a director worked on

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Because DQ11 is turn based and Kingdom Hearts is active

Plus I really want to experience these games but emphatically do not want to spend money on them.
To be fair though it isn't worth trying to blitz through a series like that unless you have a lot of free time.

I'd agree with Lamperouge and only go for one game that you can go through.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Moreover I strongly disagree with almost anything painting the Snyder cut in a positive light anyway. It's just as bad as the the theatrical cut but for different reasons.
...besides it being bad to positively putting over the Snyder Cut, why is it as bad as the Josstice League without seeing both?

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What I just can't understand is why after so many times, they don't just monitor things more safety to ensure it doesn't happen again? Accidental or not?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
To be fair though it isn't worth trying to blitz through a series like that unless you have a lot of free time.

I'd agree with Lamperouge and only go for one game that you can go through.
Oh, I was only suggesting that because I don't like Kingdom Hearts.

From what I recall of the two games that I've played and finished (those being the first two numbered entries), I think it took me a little over 20 hours for each, so maybe 14 days is enough time for Snake to play through a good chunk of the series if she bunkers down and gets on the grind.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Super hero stuff has gotton oversaturated and annoying. Can not wait for the crash. Hope the next fad pops up soon. Give some diversity.
That's not gonna be for a while if not ever. I'm with you there though, only a few at this point I look forward to.

If it makes you better though, we could be entering a surgence for video game movies as Rampage, Detective Pikachu, Sonic, and the upcoming animated Mario Bros. movie has shown.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’d say probably, although I would imagine you would basically have to grind at least 4+ hours a day to do it. KH games are fairly lengthy overall.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
That's not gonna be for a while if not ever. I'm with you there though, only a few at this point I look forward to.

If it makes you better though, we could be entering a surgence for video game movies as Rampage, Detective Pikachu, Sonic, and the upcoming animated Mario Bros. movie has shown.
I finished my interest with infinity war. Everything else was noise for me. I personally want to see if video games can actually make the jump properly soon. Maybe mario will usher in the new age? Doubt it. It is illumination.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
...besides it being bad to positively putting over the Snyder Cut, why is it as bad as the Josstice League without seeing both?
Terrible dialogue
Martha Manhunter is an incredibly awful moment and makes J'onn look like a huge manipulative asshole
Giving Ezra Miller, Amber Heard and Jared Leto work
Knightmare sequence is awful
The colour is so ****ing dull all the time
Bad CG
Gratuitous slow motion that doesn't add anything to the film
Extremely poor pacing
Superman is still poorly done
Flash saving Iris was done so ****ing poorly
It's still a product of terrible world building and planning that requires them to establish half the League members in this film and have Superman sit out

I'll give them props for Cyborg and Steppenwolf being done well outside of looking like the sort of **** you see on a graphics card box. But it's still a dreadful film.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom