• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Serious matters with a Smasher who used to be in the community.
This is why we really need to differentiate sexual harassment, sexual assault, and **** more clearly.
In common law, "assault" simply means putting the fear of danger into someone.
If I chase a guy down the street threatening to kick his ass, that's assault.
If I catch him, it's assault and battery.
If I flash a gun, it's assault with a deadly weapon.
If I fire the gun, it's attempted murder.

Sex crimes are much the same.
If I text you an explicit pic, that's sexual harassment.
If I touch you inappropriately, that's sexual assault.
**** means one thing: Forced penetration. Be it through drugging, physical force, or criminal coercion. Yet we often just lump it in with sexual assault. I dislike this. Imagine if we just referred to all murderers as assaulters.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jared Leto ever being good as Joker?

LMAO as if.

Stay salty Leto, Phoenix earned his praised for his performance whereas you'll go down as the worst Joker or should I say JINO (Joker In Name Only).
Watch the Snyder cut before you talk **** Michael.

Remember Shazam? Remember? Remember when you talked **** and got hit?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I've seen a lot of positive comments about the new Leto Joker.
Y'know? I STILL haven't watched Suicide Squad.
I was never as big a Joker simp as everyone seems to be, so I was never that interested in the movie.
But after the terrible reviews, I had even less desire to see it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Y'know? I STILL haven't watched Suicide Squad.
I was never as big a Joker simp as everyone seems to be, so I was never that interested in the movie.
But after the terrible reviews, I had even less desire to see it.
I made it about half an hour into it and turned it off. **** was wack.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The Joker is Batman's rival. Just don't touch the fish with the big grin on its face.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Just saw on Twitter that a Ghost of Tsushima movie now is in the works...for crying out loud, when will these game and movie studios ever get it through their thick skulls...video game movies will NEVER be good. EVER.
On a more positive note, for those on here of Greek heritage, have a great, and safe Independence Day (I hope I have the date right)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just saw on Twitter that a Ghost of Tsushima movie now is in the works...for crying out loud, when will these game and movie studios ever get it through their thick skulls...video game movies will NEVER be good. EVER.
On a more positive note, for those on here of Greek heritage, have a great, and safe Independence Day (I hope I have the date right)
Detective Pikachu?
Sonic?

Super Mario Bros starring Dennis Hopper?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
You prejudiced against gamers, bro?
I have been gaming since I was in diapers playing my cousin Matt's SNES.
Joker is not a ****ing gamer. Gaming is literally more profitable than film. It's mainstream. Gamers aren't just psychopathic nerds who dream of shooting up schools.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
then what the **** is it are you telling me they're just gonna pretend the last movie didn't ****ing exist
It seems like a soft reboot, like Edward Norton's Hulk movie compared to the rest of the MCU - there's some overlap in terms of characters/actors (Rick Flag, Amanda Waller, Harley Quinn, and Captain Boomerang return, like how William Hurt returns as General Ross in later MCU movies), but I think the original will only be mentioned in passing if at all.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
To be honest, the only time I've heard anyone unironically use "gamer" as an identity has been in my LGBT circles. Gaymer is a common lure for hookups.
Smash Bros. and Bros Smashing.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
To date and as of current to my knowledge Detective Pikachu, first original Mortal Kombat, Rampage, and Sonic are the only good video game movies.

Hope this new Mortal Kombat movie lives up to its expectations. Still not a fan of the original character though...

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
This is why we really need to differentiate sexual harassment, sexual assault, and **** more clearly.
In common law, "assault" simply means putting the fear of danger into someone.
If I chase a guy down the street threatening to kick his ass, that's assault.
If I catch him, it's assault and battery.
If I flash a gun, it's assault with a deadly weapon.
If I fire the gun, it's attempted murder.

Sex crimes are much the same.
If I text you an explicit pic, that's sexual harassment.
If I touch you inappropriately, that's sexual assault.
**** means one thing: Forced penetration. Be it through drugging, physical force, or criminal coercion. Yet we often just lump it in with sexual assault. I dislike this. Imagine if we just referred to all murderers as assaulters.
This is the end goal of cancel culture. When retribution is more focus then rehabilitation, this will always be the outcome.
People will go with plausible denibility and do love and prayers in these situations. But cancel culture is built for this outcome. It is sad, but that is why i never cancel or block. I want to see people grow past mistakes. And canceling does not do that.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So found out it was the hard drive that was causing the wreck on my PS4 which is great news.

So bought a 2 TB. Means no game photos for a while so here's a throwback to two I made quite some time ago in Uncharted and Final Fantasy XV way back in 2016.
Uncharted™_ The Nathan Drake Collection_20160423102959.jpg

Picture__4.jpeg

Gotta say though. FFXV's photo system was one of a kind.

Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge and Wademan94 Wademan94

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In fairness, people have way better things to do than watch a miserable four hour long slog from a complete imbecile like Zack Snyder of all people
This exactly, why I don't plan to watch it because Zack is a hack when it comes to superhero movies. Hated Man of Murder, Batman vs. Superman, same movie where they become best bros because their mothers have the same name, and the original Justice League was a trainwreck, I can only imagine what a 4 hour trainwreck will be like. I stand with saying this but no movie needs to be 4 hours long.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I don't understand why people are talking about the justice league. I don't follow that, 'cause I ain't a fan, my dad is, but not me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
In fairness, people have way better things to do than watch a miserable four hour long slog from a complete imbecile like Zack Snyder of all people
This exactly, why I don't plan to watch it because Zack is a hack when it comes to superhero movies. Hated Man of Murder, Batman vs. Superman aka best bros because their mothers have the same names and the original Justice League was a trainwreck, I can only imagine what a 4 hour trainwreck will be like. I stand with saying this but no movie needs to be 4 hours long.

I mean
55115342-3C4F-48D9-9820-CD06D239DA9E.jpeg

Seems like it’s doing well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom