• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
To be honest, it is not just on Reddit, but social media comments from Twitter, Facebook and Youtube channels can get rather toxic at times such as anyone who is associated with the "Fandom Menace" or any of the other channels who only spread hate and misinformation. These are the ones I tend to avoid because they are just an awful community.

EDIT: Continuing from my talk on Zack Snyder's Justice League, I do find it a bit odd that Mera speaks in a British accent for some reason.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
was gonna do some more League drawings today, but now I'm to upset to focus on it.

Soemtimes I wish I could just temporarily enter the body of an Allosaurus and hunt Diplodocus to blow off steam. #WalkingWithDinosaurs.
I would like to personally congratulate you on winning the “weirdest post I’ve read in the three years I’ve spent on this obscure message board” award.

You should feel honored. I only wish I had a trophy to give.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Persona Strikers is fun as hell and I say that as someone who doesn't even like Musou games all that much. Haven't played much of it yet though because it's pretty late.

Also it's nice to see best waifu again, Houseplant-chan.

D

Deleted member

So yeah that reddit drama.

God I'm glad my stomping grounds are here. We're not without our problems, but smaller sites mean a more concise userbase.
I mostly just hang out in smaller subs anyway so it hasn’t really affected me, ngl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I prefer the more smaller community of Smashboards, but I kinda wish the rules were more lax like other social media sites.

Not like cluster**** lax like Twitter, but more... relaxed idk.
The rules are pretty lax here tbh.

What are you talking about, comrade? We're all happy here, right?

C'mon mate they're gonna catch on, shut up and smile, you're gonna blow it

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Someone got to photograph an N64DD Development Kit from a private collector. More pics in the twitter replies below.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
As neat as Hayabusa would be, ngl I'd love the last 2 to be characters that aren't commonly talked about.

....even if that means Crash ends up dead.
I’d love the characters to be a surprise. That’s what made Sephiroth’s reveal so interesting for me.

As much as I’d love Crash, I’d be satisfied if the last two weren’t from the same pool of “Sora, Lloyd, Doomguy, etc”

D

Deleted member

this is simultaneously the most cursed and wholesome ending I’ve watched, and I don’t know which is worse tbh

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Remember when Ryu Hayabusa was supposed to be Terry? And then Byleth?
Yeah that's part of what makes me skeptical on him and what's made me lean more towars him being a long-running red-herring. If it was gonna happen, I think it would've by now.

...Actually, that's kind of how I feel about a Capcom rep too, TBH: I feel like it would've happened already if it was coming, and the fact they did a specifically Capcom only Mii wave before a Capcom character is still a bit weird.

Namco's been out for me for a while: Just don't think it's on the cards, personally.

I think Sega could surprise us with someone, though.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I think it would be pretty cool if the last two DLC are from games/franchises that aren’t really talked about that much

if only because it means my most wanteds would actually have a shot :039:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've given up on making predictions at this point - even without this interview about Ryu Hayabusa (where its impact on his chances seems to depend on your point of view, and seemed to be responded to in a joking manner anyway), the last time I tried predicting who would be in Fighters Pass 2 (after Steve), two of the four characters were ruled out since then. (possibly three of the four if Ryu Hayabusa winds up not making it in, and this interview turns out to be a sign of that - I had guessed Geno, Dante (or at least a Capcom character), Ryu Hayabusa, and Impa)

This is what I'd like to see, at least in terms of what seems plausible: (Doomguy would be great, but at this point, I don't think he's likely)

Coco as an alt or bonus echo fighter isn't necessary (I just think a bonus echo fighter would be nice to get us up to 90 characters, and she plays identically to Crash in Crash 4 and the N. Sane Trilogy), but I figure it fulfils some long-time fan wishes for crossovers (Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash, Dante vs. Bayonetta) and it would make a lot of people happy. (plus, Dante would be great for Smash - I've only really gotten into Crash recently, so I'm not as sure about how a moveset could work for him, but he seems like he'd be entertaining with a lot of potential for stages)

The main reason why I have Dante before Crash is because ideally, they wouldn't save him for the end, in case any balancing issues come up - ideally, they'd have a better idea of how to balance him, but unexpected issues tend to pop up when a character's released to the public. (as seen by that glitch where Steve could make people fall through the floor, or Isabelle's infinite assist trophy glitch)

As for predicting something, I have no idea. While part of me feels like the rest of the line-up could be third party, another part has me thinking that they'll end off on a first party character. I'd like Bandai-Namco to get a character aside from Pac-Man, but I'm not sure who. (KOS-MOS or Agumon would be ideal - Jin would be nice as well, though if we get a Tekken character, I'd prefer Heihachi)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've only really gotten into Crash recently, so I'm not as sure about how a moveset could work for him, but he seems like he'd be entertaining with a lot of potential for stages)
A lot of people think crash would be boring. And yeah he wouldn’t have any crazy mechanics or a meter, be he does more than jump and spin.

He could use his jet pack, his bazooka, maybe they could implement the crates or the masks. I think he’d be really fun.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've given up on making predictions at this point - even without this interview about Ryu Hayabusa (where its impact on his chances seems to depend on your point of view, and seemed to be responded to in a joking manner anyway), the last time I tried predicting who would be in Fighters Pass 2 (after Steve), two of the four characters were ruled out since then. (possibly three of the four if Ryu Hayabusa winds up not making it in, and this interview turns out to be a sign of that - I had guessed Geno, Dante (or at least a Capcom character), Ryu Hayabusa, and Impa)

This is what I'd like to see:

Coco as an alt or bonus echo fighter isn't necessary (I just think a bonus echo fighter would be nice to get us up to 90 characters, and she plays identically to Crash in Crash 4 and the N. Sane Trilogy), but I figure it fulfils some long-time fan wishes for crossovers (Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash, Dante vs. Bayonetta) and it would make a lot of people happy. (plus, Dante would be great for Smash - I've only really gotten into Crash recently, so I'm not as sure about how a moveset could work for him, but he seems like he'd be entertaining with a lot of potential for stages)

The main reason why I have Dante before Crash is because ideally, they wouldn't save him for the end, in case any balancing issues come up - ideally, they'd have a better idea of how to balance him, but unexpected issues tend to pop up when a character's released to the public. (as seen by that glitch where Steve could make people fall through the floor, or Isabelle's infinite assist trophy glitch)

As for predicting something, I have no idea. While part of me feels like the rest of the line-up could be third party, another part has me thinking that they'll end off on a first party character. I'd like Bandai-Namco to get a character aside from Pac-Man, but I'm not sure who. (KOS-MOS or Agumon would be ideal - Jin would be nice as well, though if we get a Tekken character, I'd prefer Heihachi)
Dante's pointing that gun awfully close to Coco's head.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sonic Forces doesn't have a lot of good things going for it but the soundtrack is still pretty dope. Wish we got a few more songs from it in Smash like Spaceport, Vs. Zavok, Aqua Road, etc.
Luminous Forest is my favorite track from that game.

Today is also the fifteenth anniversary of Hannah Montana.
Looking back on the show, I think I share PhantomStrider’s sentiments on it, I don’t know why I allowed myself to watch most of this show growing up

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Dante's pointing that gun awfully close to Coco's head.
Haha yeah, the organization could have used some work, but I threw this together pretty quickly, I wanted to use Dante's appearance in DMC5, and the only other official render that I could find had glowing red eyes. (it's technically a spoiler also)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think MMXCM and X Dive have my favorite models for these dudes. X Dive at least has the best faces, and Command Mission has them lookin' bulky and swole.

MVC3 and Smash aren't too bad either, though I didn't realize how young the Smash faces make MMX and Zero look.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Anyone got a particular style they like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom