• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
That just reminds me that I'd absolutely kill for a slice of life version of Darling in the Franxx.

And a complete rework of the last five episodes
A complete rework of the last five episodes and give it another five to smooth out the plot. And hell yes a slice of life version of the anime but uh, gimmie Fate slice of life as well. Today's Menu is too short.

Now you got me chilling to Torikago again. Man I love those lyrics.

the most hope ever given
One of the most underlooked games of the past 10 years regardless of console. And one of the best multiplayer modes.

Still hope Sakurai could work on another project that isn't Smash or even a new IP.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
OK. I picked the list of characters for my "If Smash Ultimate's roster doubled in size" concept. Would you guys like me to post them all at once or one by one over the course of many days?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I feel like Mythra and Pyra are the kind of characters where you need to master both to have the advantage in a fight.

Mythra is extremely fast and has plenty of effective combos, true and otherwise, but has limited strong or reliable finishers. Pyra is slower and more sluggish, but deals more damage and knockback in most of her attacks, giving her more finishers and even allowing her to secure kills at lower percentages with non-heavyweight characters.

Fighting someone who balances playing as both of them is always a fun challenge.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
the most hope ever given
There needs to be a Switch port for it's 10th anniversary.

I'm sure the joycons would be a better control scheme than the3DS ever could be.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It’s okay, I love you and your bad taste anyway.

just drop em, man.
Alright. Here's the list. If any require more explanations I will give them upon request.

Note: I'm working under the assumption that the last two characters in ultimate are Crash and Lloyd or Yuri from Tales
Main Fighters
  • Captain Toad (Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker) Note: Captain Toadette alt
  • Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
  • Paper Mario (Paper Mario series)
  • Fawful (Mario and Luigi series)
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country series)
  • Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong Country series)
  • Poochy (Yoshi series)
  • Kamek (Yoshi series)
  • Waluigi (Mario series)
  • Ashley (WarioWare series)
  • Captain Syrup (Wario Land series)
  • Ganon (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)
  • Darunia (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
  • Princess Ruto (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
  • Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
  • Vaati (The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap)
  • Tingle (Tingle series)
  • Bandana Dee (Kirby series)
  • Dark Matter (Kirby series)
  • Krystal (Star Fox series)
  • Meowth (Pokémon series)
  • Gengar (Pokémon series)
  • Scizor (Pokémon series)
  • Sceptile (Pokémon series)
  • Zoroark (Pokémon series)
  • Urshifu (Pokémon series)
  • Porky Minch (EarthBound)
  • Masked Man (Mother 3)
  • Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
  • Caeda (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
  • Medeus (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
  • Itsuki Aoi (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE)
  • Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
  • Ring Fit Trainee (Ring Fit Adventures)
  • Mr. Sandman (Punch-Out!! series)
  • Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Dr. Coyle (Arms)
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)
  • Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
  • Alex Roivas (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
  • Mach Rider
  • Devil (Devil's World)
  • Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
  • Andy (Advance Wars)
  • Rhythm Troupe (Girl w/Monkies, Chorus Kids, and Karate Joe with other cameos as their specials and Smash attacks, Rhythm Heaven series)
  • T-Rex (Fossil Fighters)
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment)
  • Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
  • Bomberman
  • Bonk
  • Dr. Eggman (Sonic series)
  • Shin Megami Tensei V Protagonist
  • NiGHTS
  • Zero (Mega Man X series)
  • Dante (Devil May Cry)
  • Sir Arthur (Ghosts n Goblins)
  • Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
  • Don-chan (Taiko no Tatsujin)
  • Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
  • Master Chief (Halo)
  • The Battletoads (tag-team character, like the taggin mechanic in Battletoads 2020)
    • Zitz
    • Pimple
    • Rash
  • Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown)
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • George (Rampage) Note: Lizzie, Ralph, and Larry Alts
  • Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
  • Billy Lee (Double Dragon) Note: Jimmy Lee Alt
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  • Professor Layton
  • Jibanyan (Yo-Kai Watch)
  • Rayman
  • Rabbid Mario (Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle) Note: Rabbid Luigi, Rabbid Peach, and Rabbid Yoshi alts
  • DoomSlayer
  • Nate/Nora (Fallout 4)
  • Mama (Cooking Mama)
  • Shovel Knight
  • Shantae
  • Orcane (Rivals of Aether)
  • Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
Echo Fighters
  • Impa :ultsheik: (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
  • Raichu :ultpikachu:(Pokémon series)
  • Black Shadow :ultfalcon: (F-Zero series)
  • Medusa :ultpalutena: (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
  • Octoling :ultinkling: (Splatoon 2)
  • Ms. Pac-Man :ultpacman:(Ms. Pac-Man)
  • Heroine :ulthero3:(Dragon Quest III, Dragon Quest IV, Dragon Quest IX, Dragon Quest X)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright. Here's the list. If any require more explanations I will give them upon request.

Note: I'm working under the assumption that the last two characters in ultimate are Crash and Lloyd or Yuri from Tales
Main Fighters
  • Captain Toad (Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker) Note: Captain Toadette alt
  • Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
  • Paper Mario (Paper Mario series)
  • Fawful (Mario and Luigi series)
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country series)
  • Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong Country series)
  • Poochy (Yoshi series)
  • Kamek (Yoshi series)
  • Waluigi (Mario series)
  • Ashley (WarioWare series)
  • Captain Syrup (Wario Land series)
  • Ganon (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)
  • Darunia (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
  • Princess Ruto (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
  • Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
  • Vaati (The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap)
  • Tingle (Tingle series)
  • Bandana Dee (Kirby series)
  • Dark Matter (Kirby series)
  • Krystal (Star Fox series)
  • Meowth (Pokémon series)
  • Gengar (Pokémon series)
  • Scizor (Pokémon series)
  • Sceptile (Pokémon series)
  • Zoroark (Pokémon series)
  • Urshifu (Pokémon series)
  • Porky Minch (EarthBound)
  • Masked Man (Mother 3)
  • Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
  • Caeda (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
  • Medeus (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
  • Itsuki Aoi (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE)
  • Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
  • Ring Fit Trainee (Ring Fit Adventures)
  • Mr. Sandman (Punch-Out!! series)
  • Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Dr. Coyle (Arms)
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)
  • Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
  • Alex Roivas (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
  • Mach Rider
  • Devil (Devil's World)
  • Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
  • Andy (Advance Wars)
  • Rhythm Troupe (Girl w/Monkies, Chorus Kids, and Karate Joe with other cameos as their specials and Smash attacks, Rhythm Heaven series)
  • T-Rex (Fossil Fighters)
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment)
  • Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
  • Bomberman
  • Bonk
  • Dr. Eggman (Sonic series)
  • Shin Megami Tensei V Protagonist
  • NiGHTS
  • Zero (Mega Man X series)
  • Dante (Devil May Cry)
  • Sir Arthur (Ghosts n Goblins)
  • Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
  • Don-chan (Taiko no Tatsujin)
  • Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
  • Master Chief (Halo)
  • The Battletoads (tag-team character, like the taggin mechanic in Battletoads 2020)
    • Zitz
    • Pimple
    • Rash
  • Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown)
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • George (Rampage) Note: Lizzie, Ralph, and Larry Alts
  • Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
  • Billy Lee (Double Dragon) Note: Jimmy Lee Alt
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  • Professor Layton
  • Jibanyan (Yo-Kai Watch)
  • Rayman
  • Rabbid Mario (Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle) Note: Rabbid Luigi, Rabbid Peach, and Rabbid Yoshi alts
  • DoomSlayer
  • Nate/Nora (Fallout 4)
  • Mama (Cooking Mama)
  • Shovel Knight
  • Shantae
  • Orcane (Rivals of Aether)
  • Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
Echo Fighters
  • Impa :ultsheik: (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
  • Raichu :ultpikachu:(Pokémon series)
  • Black Shadow :ultfalcon: (F-Zero series)
  • Medusa :ultpalutena: (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
  • Octoling :ultinkling: (Splatoon 2)
  • Ms. Pac-Man :ultpacman:(Ms. Pac-Man)
  • Heroine :ulthero3:(Dragon Quest III, Dragon Quest IV, Dragon Quest IX, Dragon Quest X)
Hmm what an interesting assortment of characte-

No Bubble Bobble

FABC9D25-068A-41FE-957D-0014E0B34254.jpeg

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
the most hope ever given
Definitely one of my all time favorites. When Pit was announced back in the Brawl days I was thinking: "how could they not make a new game with this design?" and in the years that followed waiting for an announcement each E3 that followed. It's reveal in 2010 was probably the first time I cheered at a game announcement.

I wasn't into console or PC gaming at the time so it kind of blew my mind that a game like it could fit onto a handheld. The presentation and music set a lot of new bars for Nintendo games for me. The OST for it really got me into collecting VG soundtracks for the first time. Also was a lot of fun to be the underdog in the Medusa vs. Palutena debates from that time in terms of early Smash 4 speculation (2011).

Light vs. Dark was probably the most I've gotten into playing an online game. Mixing and matching weapons/powers was an interesting mechanic in terms of risk/reward as having an OP weapon can sometimes be more a hindrance, especially if it adds to stats you don't need. Learning to adapt to those who abused powers like Trade Off, Energy Charge, etc. Nothing was more satisfying than punishing players with Energy Charge from half way across the map with Mega Laser. lol

If I had to make changes for a port/remaster though:
  • Make Free For All points based rather than number of kills or have everyone's weapon of choice be set at 100 with no modifiers.
  • Don't let yellow powers be stackable in multiplayer modes. They were the only powers that could. While not often, it was problematic to play against those who had 400 power bow/staff weapons who could kill you in one hit by mixing stuff like Autoreticle/Energy Charge/Homing Boost/Quick Charge/Slip Shot. I remember matches that ended in less than a minute and being OHKO'd, even as an Angel, from halfway across the map without any ability to fight back.
  • More customization options. Mixing/matching/fusing weapons was a chore and some functionalities of it allowed certain players to abuse StreetPass weapon sharing, aka how you get players who can use yellow powers to ruin everyone's time. Make the process easier to manage on a microlevel and allow for some direct customization such as adding/removing stats using currency.
  • Increase hearts dropped or decrease prices. Less grinding.
  • Re-balance 9.0 difficulty or allow for some form of continuing without dropping the difficulty.
  • AR Cards were a cool idea but they really botched the delivery with how limited they were/not available in all countries. Put that Amiibo manufacturing power to work! Nintendo started as a card company for crying out loud. lol

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
One of the most underlooked games of the past 10 years regardless of console. And one of the best multiplayer modes.

Still hope Sakurai could work on another project that isn't Smash or even a new IP.
I’d kill just to have those anime shorts on the Switch at the least. Uprising was the best 3DS game they had...for me at the least...but after Ultimate Sakurai better take a real ****ing break
Inb4 it’s revealed Sakurai only put Pyra/Mythra in so he can recreate Uprising with their stage.
Kid Icarus content confirmed for XBC2 and then 3
Interesting theory but Sakurai is a confirmed Pyra stan so that obviously can't be the case. :4pacman:
this means he wants Pit and Kirby to stan Pyra as well, even tho the former is a blond type
There needs to be a Switch port for it's 10th anniversary.

I'm sure the joycons would be a better control scheme than the3DS ever could be.
game was really a 3-4 button anyways so it’s be simple
Definitely one of my all time favorites. When Pit was announced back in the Brawl days I was thinking: "how could they not make a new game with this design?" and in the years that followed waiting for an announcement each E3 that followed. It's reveal in 2010 was probably the first time I cheered at a game announcement.

I wasn't into console or PC gaming at the time so it kind of blew my mind that a game like it could fit onto a handheld. The presentation and music set a lot of new bars for Nintendo games for me. The OST for it really got me into collecting VG soundtracks for the first time. Also was a lot of fun to be the underdog in the Medusa vs. Palutena debates from that time in terms of early Smash 4 speculation (2011).

Light vs. Dark was probably the most I've gotten into playing an online game. Mixing and matching weapons/powers was an interesting mechanic in terms of risk/reward as having an OP weapon can sometimes be more a hindrance, especially if it adds to stats you don't need. Learning to adapt to those who abused powers like Trade Off, Energy Charge, etc. Nothing was more satisfying than punishing players with Energy Charge from half way across the map with Mega Laser. lol

If I had to make changes for a port/remaster though:
  • Make Free For All points based rather than number of kills or have everyone's weapon of choice be set at 100 with no modifiers.
  • Don't let yellow powers be stackable in multiplayer modes. They were the only powers that could. While not often, it was problematic to play against those who had 400 power bow/staff weapons who could kill you in one hit by mixing stuff like Autoreticle/Energy Charge/Homing Boost/Quick Charge/Slip Shot. I remember matches that ended in less than a minute and being OHKO'd, even as an Angel, from halfway across the map without any ability to fight back.
  • More customization options. Mixing/matching/fusing weapons was a chore and some functionalities of it allowed certain players to abuse StreetPass weapon sharing, aka how you get players who can use yellow powers to ruin everyone's time. Make the process easier to manage on a microlevel and allow for some direct customization such as adding/removing stats using currency.
  • Increase hearts dropped or decrease prices. Less grinding.
  • Re-balance 9.0 difficulty or allow for some form of continuing without dropping the difficulty.
  • AR Cards were a cool idea but they really botched the delivery with how limited they were/not available in all countries. Put that Amiibo manufacturing power to work! Nintendo started as a card company for crying out loud. lol
if I was in charge of a port, I would also add in these simple abilities
  1. redub everything if needed
  2. more dialogue
  3. Viridi showing up physically once
  4. figure out if Pandora actually did die or not...cause when they did it’s usually made into a big deal (so who knows with her)
  5. learn why Pit’s dead family and Palutena never taught this man how to read...and since they live in the same place do they at least get their own rooms or what? I know they ain’t sleeping together cause that would just be cheap of her
  6. learn why Pittoo thinks calming yet awesome Spanish music is edgy
  7. make that dog from Chapter 18 Pit’s new BFF and pet...then they share the same theme song
  8. Medusa, Pandora, or Viridi in Smash 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 or 10
  9. heavy promotion
  10. more Pit cause the Kid Icarus franchise (Smash included) doesn’t have enough Pit in their lives
and I kinda miss those AR Card scans. Wish they could’ve been completed (even tho I used the websites to get all the available ones)

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I binge watched the entire Land Before Time series. Two main takeaways. A) Someone who was writing songs for these movies cared a lot more then anyone else involved, and B) these movies make great background noise.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd rather Kid Icarus get a new game then a port of Uprising. I loved Uprising but I think the game was built too heavily around touch controls for a Switch port.

But then again they are giving Skyward Sword a button control option.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Uprising would be helped tremendously by a native control scheme with two analog sticks, that was like the weakest part of the game.
But as someone who went for 101% completion, I think it would be much more imprecise and throw off the games balance IMO. Touch controls allowed for a level of precision I don't think analog controls would be able to effectively replicate, and being someone who's spent as much time mastering that game as I did I would personally find it kind of frustrating.

Not to mention that the graphics would have to be overhauled to look good on Switch. At that point you may as well just make a new game designed with analog and motion controls in mind imo.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Oof. Just cried like a ***** over basically nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom