• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
But as someone who went for 101% completion, I think it would be much more imprecise and throw off the games balance IMO. Touch controls allowed for a level of precision I don't think analog controls would be able to effectively replicate, and being someone who's spent as much time mastering that game as I did I would personally find it kind of frustrating.
And the countless waves of people who experienced hand pain trying to play the game with its original setup would be able to play comfortably, with left-handed people actually having a chance. Nintendo even shipped the game with a stand because they knew it was a problem.

Played an FPS? A bullet hell? Those require precision too, and have existed successfully on consoles for decades. An Uprising port probably wouldn't omit QoL improvements that optimize it for a more traditional playstyle. The Switch even has gyro aiming, if you're into that kind of thing.

Not to mention that the graphics would have to be overhauled to look good on Switch. At that point you may as well just make a new game designed with analog and motion controls in mind imo.
It's still far cheaper to update the graphics than make a game from the ground up. It's not coincidence that companies so often gauge the market for IPs with remakes and remasters.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Eh, that's alright. Sometimes, you've just gotta cry for one reason or another. Me? Lately I've been trying to hold back tears whenever I hear Aerith's theme.
Oh. I cried because a friend told me about how they met their significant other when they were both kids.
I had always romanticized the idea of lovers falling in love as kids and marrying as adults.
Being 26, Autistic, struggling to keep relationships, and desperate to find a partner while I'm still young and fertile, I cried at the jealousy. Not afraid to admit that; it really was that simple and pointless.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Oh. I cried because a friend told me about how they met their significant other when they were both kids.
I had always romanticized the idea of lovers falling in love as kids and marrying as adults.
Being 26, Autistic, struggling to keep relationships, and desperate to find a partner while I'm still young and fertile, I cried at the jealousy. Not afraid to admit that; it really was that simple and pointless.
As a fellow autist, I can't really say I have the same attitude. I've always sort of kept to myself, so I'm kind of off the market at the moment. Regardless, I wish you the best in your endeavors. I'm positive there's someone out there for you.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
People who do that generally prioritize the safety of being in a relationship over the experience that comes with having multiple partners across the course of your life and learning more about yourself and who is ultimately right for you. Finding "the one" when you've been with the same person since adolescence is almost always a storybook thing rather than reality. It's usually complacency, fear, or children that keep those unions going after a while.

I completely understand the drive behind wanting to share your life with someone, but people in that situation aren't those I'd envy. The reality of that situation is rarely what it gets romanticized as.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
As a fellow autist, I can't really say I have the same attitude. I've always sort of kept to myself, so I'm kind of off the market at the moment. Regardless, I wish you the best in your endeavors. I'm positive there's someone out there for you.
I'm very self conscious about it. I want to be able to start a family.
My brother once told me that I probably won't ever get married, but it's ok, because he'd take care of me. I don't think he knew how much that really hurt. I don't want to just be a burden on people, but I want to be loved and celebrated for my differences. I want someone to love me BECAUSE of my emotional sensitivity. Yes, I can easily get upset, but inversely, I can love people very, very passionately.

People who do that generally prioritize the safety of being in a relationship over the experience that comes with having multiple partners across the course of your life and learning more about yourself and who is ultimately right for you. Finding "the one" when you've been with the same person since adolescence is almost always a storybook thing rather than reality. It's usually complacency, fear, or children that keep those unions going after a while.

I completely understand the drive behind wanting to share your life with someone, but people in that situation aren't those I'd envy. The reality of that situation is rarely what it gets romanticized as.
Oh, I've had plenty of daylong partners, but no one really likes me long term. Hell, based on experience, I fully expect even SmashBoards to ban me some day. But even though I enjoy the physical bond with partners, I crave an emotional sense of belonging, commitment, and love.
As cliché as it is, I really do want to be loved on the inside.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm, like, wired to always wake up an hour before my alarm goes off.

Nia is best tritagonist of all time.

And I ****ing stand by that.

Mythra is the better of than Pyra cause she cocky and overconfident as hell. Kinda like one of my characters in my story.
Mythra is also the better of the two because her character arc and development are much more interesting. Also, she actually remains gameplay relevant for more than three chapters and is one of the best Blades in the game.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So yesterday Tekken 7 unveiled a new character named Lidia Sobieska, a Polish minister who fights for the people of Poland:

Her gameplay does feel like a cross between Dead or Alive's Hitomi and Jin Kazama.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wait, don't you hate FFIX and FFV? To each his own unpopular opinion.
I do not hate either game. FFV is decent but not a standout title to me. IX is one of my least favourite Final Fantasy games but I still wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it.

D

Deleted member

It feels so weird to be on a bus that is packed after a solid couple months of riding in buses that had like <10 people in them.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I do not hate either game. FFV is decent but not a standout title to me. IX is one of my least favourite Final Fantasy games but I still wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it.
Oh, you don't hate hate them. Not like the guy who hate hated FFVI. I hate hate FFII for being way too grindy.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Currently watching a RANT of Zack Snyder's Justice League by my favorite movie reviewer Ramboraph4Life. xD

20 minutes in and guaranteed much better than the entirety of the 4-hour trainwreck itself.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The greatness of the SNES Final Fantasy games prevent you from hate hating them, unless through an objection.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Never thought it would happen but I'm going to figure out how to block a Reddit User. Why? Let's just say they're spamming multiple subreddits with the same NSFW image. I already reported the one they did in the Lego Dimensions subreddit.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Never thought it would happen but I'm going to figure out how to block a Reddit User. Why? Let's just say they're spamming multiple subreddits with the same NSFW image. I already reported the one they did in the Lego Dimensions subreddit.
I never thought I'd hear lego dimensions and NSFW in the same message.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I never thought I'd hear lego dimensions and NSFW in the same message.
Neither did I, but I guess that's the Internet for ya.

Speaking of Lego I recently finished the story for Lego City Undercover and am going for 100%. Charming Lego Game with the biggest issue being the loading times (this is on the Switch version).

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But as someone who went for 101% completion, I think it would be much more imprecise and throw off the games balance IMO. Touch controls allowed for a level of precision I don't think analog controls would be able to effectively replicate, and being someone who's spent as much time mastering that game as I did I would personally find it kind of frustrating.

Not to mention that the graphics would have to be overhauled to look good on Switch. At that point you may as well just make a new game designed with analog and motion controls in mind imo.
aye if they can upgrade/downgrade/all the grades them Xenoblade graphics 3 times for 3 separate systems, it wouldn’t be too hard for “Pit: The Illiterate Waifu Slayer” to be updated

and since the Switch has touch screen, it could keep it like 3D World and Galaxy does...only portable...and the console itself would use the controller instead
Currently watching a RANT of Zack Snyder's Justice League by my favorite movie reviewer Ramboraph4Life. xD

20 minutes in and guaranteed much better than the entirety of the 4-hour trainwreck itself.
...you could always just ignore it entirely instead of like...ya know...fill up more hate
Just watching some playthroughs of Crash 4 and
View attachment 308204
View attachment 308203
Same energy.
kinda a cutie tho

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Neither did I, but I guess that's the Internet for ya.

Speaking of Lego I recently finished the story for Lego City Undercover and am going for 100%. Charming Lego Game with the biggest issue being the loading times (this is on the Switch version).
I've heard good things but never played it myself.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If Ragnarok is even close to as ****ing phenomenal as 2018 God of War then it’ll likely be my game of the year since God of War basically blew everything sky high outta the water for me, including games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Spider-Man and thats saying a lot.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
If Ragnarok is even close to as ****ing phenomenal as 2018 God of War then it’ll likely be my game of the year since God of War basically blew everything sky high outta the water for me, including games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Spider-Man and thats saying a lot.
Just bring back the things that made the old games great while your at it please! Like combos instead of runes, different and varied weaponry procured from the bosses (seriously, why we couldn’t take Modi’s lightning hammer thing I’ll never know), and like... the ability to jump.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Man I remember when Ever Crisis and The First Soldier got leaked. Of all the things they could have been, they’re Gatcha mobile games.

Like, just imagine a God of War game where you play as SEPHIROTH. My god that would have been so cool!

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don't you know what Ragnarok even means?

It means "End of Times". Doomsday, end of the world, Armageddon, the apocalypse.

It's definitely gonna be epic!

Future installments of the series should then let you travel between realms like Tyr had. If I had to pick it'd be Aztec/Mayan/Olmec, Egyptian, and Japanese for a start.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom