• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Fanserivce is okay when it's my waifu.

It's weird when I have students talk about anime they watch. It can be innocent but then they ask if you watch something like Fairy Tail and even though you don't, you have this weird feeling afterwards like you should probably report that they do.
I'd report my students too if they watched trash like Fairy Tail/s

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yeah maybe its best to move on early ya?

For some reason I have watched 70 movies on HBO Max. As they say though... sky is the limit!

No I'm not in depth reviewing every single movie I watched. There's too many for that!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I mean, as much of a weeb as I am, I agree in the fact that too much fanservice is a complete turnoff to me, but I also know what I'm getting into going in lol.

I'm an afterthought market, basically.
Am I the only one who thinks fanservice is ok as long as it fits the character's personality? Zero Two and Holo I think are good examples where that works despite questions on the former's age. Outside of that and it doesn't work as well.

However too much **** in your face has made me drop series. That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime is a good example of that.

I can take fanservice in small amounts or when it's clearly trying to be satirical but anymore than that and I gotta dip.
So Zero Two then?

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah maybe its best to move on early ya?

For some reason I have watched 70 movies on HBO Max. As they say though... sky is the limit!

No I'm not in depth reviewing every single movie I watched. There's too many for that!
You gonna watch Godzilla vs. Kong? Watched the other three?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I’m mostly indifferent to fanservice, especially when the story gets really, really good to the point where you wind up ignoring the oppai entirely.

Do I even need to cite my source at this point?

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I haven't seen any other Godzilla films, or Kong Skull Island (and 2014 Godzilla isn't on the service). Guess I found the next few films if I want to see Godzilla vs Kong.
If you do watch them. I suggest Kong: Skull Island first as its chronologically the first in the series.

1. Kong: Skull Island
2. Godzilla
3. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
4. Godzilla vs. Kong

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Am I the only one who thinks fanservice is ok as long as it fits the character's personality? Zero Two and Holo I think are good examples where that works despite questions on the former's age. Outside of that and it doesn't work as well.
First result on Google says she's 18 so we'll roll with that. :4pacman:

So Zero Two then?
NGL, I probably would've bounced as soon as I saw the FRANXX controls had I not already been familiar with some of Trigger's other works. That being said, cute/wholesome Zero Two is better than "sexy" Zero Two.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not familiar with either of those series, but it can be really obnoxious when a character's personality is the way it is just for fanservice.

The important thing with "fanservice" is that its tactful imo. That's an abstract topic that's hard to define but we can probably start with things like "don't make a joke of sexual harrasment" and work from there.

Shroob

Sup?
AVGN had a corpse snuck into one of his videos? I don’t watch him, so I’m extremely out of the loop...
Ever heard of the bootleg game called Hong Kong '97?

Its game over screen features a picture of a real dead body taken from a documentary about a war.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
AVGN had a corpse snuck into one of his videos? I don’t watch him, so I’m extremely out of the loop...
The game Hong Kong 97, is basically an anti-China propaganda game. It uses stolen assets, including an image of a real dead person. As AVGN was playing the game, said image also showed up in the video.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
There's only one character in anime who is capable of doing fanservice so well you won't even think it's fanservice:
1616382130493.png

All hail the wolf goddess. Joking but I still love her as a character.
First result on Google says she's 18 so we'll roll with that.
NGL, I probably would've bounced as soon as I saw the FRANXX controls had I not already been familiar with some of Trigger's other works. That being said, cute/wholesome Zero Two is better than "sexy" Zero Two.
I'd say latter is good but what's even better?

Seeing the characters in normal casual clothing. Zero Two wearing normal street clothes like the first ED. Makes her look cool in a "what if" fashion.

Wake up
I’m ten years old
It’s 2011
Global Pandemic? Raging anxiety?
It was all a dream
Turn on Regular Show, grab my DSi, start playing Soul Silver
About to catch Lugia
Life is good
To be fair if that happened to me I'd cry for personal reasons. Though that'd mean I'd get to change a whole lot.

Shroob

Sup?
Which reminds me that it's HEAVILY rumored that the guy who made Hong Kong '97 also made a game about Aum Shinrikyo,

......If you don't know what that is, probably for the best tbh.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
after seeing Batman's **** on a comic book panel for no reason...fanservice isn't such a bad thing for me anymore (cause nothing can top that traumatizing moment)
c2b79ed.png

nothing can break me anymore

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Which reminds me that it's HEAVILY rumored that the guy who made Hong Kong '97 also made a game about Aum Shinrikyo,

He didn't make The Story of Kamikuishiki Village but two of his friends did.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'd say latter is good but what's even better?

Seeing the characters in normal casual clothing. Zero Two wearing normal street clothes like the first ED. Makes her look cool in a "what if" fashion.
That just reminds me that I'd absolutely kill for a slice of life version of Darling in the Franxx.

And a complete rework of the last five episodes

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Isn't that the game with the politician and she gets...

Alright, yeah.

Edit: Sorry, that's a DIFFERENT game that people said the same dude made

Edit: I've been lied to...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609