• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

All these art showcases and stuff makes me want to start doing my more ambitious drawing ideas ngl

too bad I'm still in school and barely have time for anything more than a small doodle or two :073:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Really searching as thorough as possible for a few extensions to a certain soundtrack (Star Ocean by the way). Every old YT channel that has had it is gone. Slaughtered and thrown to the hounds. The final end of the old west of the internet.

Bloody hell. I was always thinking that it would be cutting the heads off the hydra and others would pop back up but that only really seems to apply to Nintendo music.
Not so much for everyone else. I mean there was no point to taking them all down, not like VGMs sell as much as the games, if even a 1/10 of them.

Don't think anyone cares as much about the topic but it matters a lot to me.

Just dropping by to say I completely forgot how adorable Kat is.
If you mean the Gravity Queen then yes she is.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hope this one is actually in the DCEU.
Might as well kill the DCEU at this point. They’re likely never going to crossover in anything in movies ever again and Flashpoint is dead set to retcon everything so what’s the point?

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The DCEU is a gambled trainwreck with too many inconsistencies, they should just can it into the garbage.

Even the MonsterVerse has more a consistent worldbuilding to it. Quality-wise it's also doing a lot better. Its continuiting depends on the success of Godzilla vs. Kong.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Might as well kill the DCEU at this point. They’re likely never going to crossover in anything in movies ever again and Flashpoint is dead set to retcon everything so what’s the point?
I waited an entire decade to finally get a cinematic universe for the heroes I grew up with and idolized. Having to just tolerate Marvel's domination of the medium. And now, not only do we have one but it's actually starting to get good! They can't let go of it!

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Was it actually stated Gravity Rush 2 would be the last in the series? The ending certainly does imply a sequel to a third game at some point.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I waited an entire decade to finally get a cinematic universe for the heroes I grew up with and idolized. Having to just tolerate Marvel's domination of the medium. And now, not only do we have one but it's actually starting to get good! They can't let go of it!
The whole reason that the DCEU has finally gotten good is because they’ve just let their directors basically do whatever they want. Shazam! Is probably the most connected to the outer universe and even then it’s used as a joke more than not. The fact that Zack Snyder’s Justice League is actually reviewing well and doing well and yet they’ve obviously not signed anymore with him is kinda a pinpoint of how they want the DCEU to be presented going forward. If a crossover isn’t done well I personally don’t think it should be done at all. We’ll have to wait and see how Flashpoint does but if Joker and The Batman or even WW84 are any indication it’s that continuity is not something they’re particularly interested in pursuing, even movies like Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad are apparently so loosely connected by only one or two characters that it’s not really notable, which is in stark contrast to Marvel where everything is connected.

Personally, I think that’s a good thing. The directors and writers need creative freedom and one of the big reasons Marvel works so well is because they know HOW to offer that. Apparently they often outline the few things that need to happen in the movie and then let the director and writers do the rest. Thor Ragnarok for example basically said they need to be on Sakaar, Asgard needs to be destroyed, Loki, Hulk, and Thor need to end up in space and then apparently Taika Waititi pretty much winged it for the rest of the movie. 85%, or some ludicrous number, of Thor Ragnarok was apparently unscripted.

DC rushed to start their Cinematic Universe and personally, at this point, they should just start over. And looking at the outline of Flashpoint, that looks like exactly what they intend on doing.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of PSASBR, Sony needs to make another attempt in the future with it.

What characters do you think would be added? I'm thinking Aloy would for one be a character. What about potential 3rd parties? Would 2B be a contender?

Think Spider-Man (Sony game version) would be added?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
The whole reason that the DCEU has finally gotten good is because they’ve just let their directors basically do whatever they want. Shazam! Is probably the most connected to the outer universe and even then it’s used as a joke more than not. The fact that Zack Snyder’s Justice League is actually reviewing well and doing well and yet they’ve obviously not signed anymore with him is kinda a pinpoint of how they want the DCEU to be presented going forward. If a crossover isn’t done well I personally don’t think it should be done at all. We’ll have to wait and see how Flashpoint does but if Joker and The Batman or even WW84 are any indication it’s that continuity is not something they’re particularly interested in pursuing, even movies like Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad are apparently so loosely connected by only one or two characters that it’s not really notable, which is in stark contrast to Marvel where everything is connected.

Personally, I think that’s a good thing. The directors and writers need creative freedom and one of the big reasons Marvel works so well is because they know HOW to offer that. Apparently they often outline the few things that need to happen in the movie and then let the director and writers do the rest. Thor Ragnarok for example basically said they need to be on Sakar, Asgard needs to be destroyed, Loki, Hulk, and Thor need to end up in space and then apparently Taika Waititi pretty much winged it for the rest of the movie. 85%, or some ludicrous number, of Thor Ragnarok was apparently unscripted.

DC rushed to start their Cinematic Universe and personally, at this point, they should just start over. And looking at the outline of Flashpoint, that looks like exactly what they intend on doing.
As long as they still DO a DC Cinematic Universe! I have my qualms with how they set it up, of course, but I don't want them to do all films that are 100% seperate and set in completley different universes and nothing is ever connected like we got for YEARS.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
That I indeed do. It's a shame Sony has left her franchise to die.
Was it actually stated Gravity Rush 2 would be the last in the series? The ending certainly does imply a sequel to a third game at some point.
There were unresolved threads like Cai leaving custody, the origins of the world pillar, other dimensions, the fact that Hekseville was actually one part of a country and more to Eto which didn't get explored. Unfortunately screw you said PlayStation and gave Toyama the boot.

Which is a shame cause I'd say along with God of War and Ghost of Tsushima are the three best of PlayStation's games this gen. Plus Kat is one of the companies best leads, better than "oh the world is so sad and bad" Ellie.

Think Spider-Man (Sony game version) would be added?
Maybe.

Also is it understandable that I still want the PS4 Spidey in a Spiderverse movie so bad? Like Yuri Lowenthal did such a nice take on the character. Then they ****ed up his face.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Feels weird to think about how the Switch is almost halfway through it's projected life cycle not gonna lie
Screenshot 2021-03-22 1.22.39 PM.png

(before you ask, I don't remember the specific source, but I'm pretty sure I remember statements of Nintendo wanting to support the Switch for a decade at least popping up shortly after it launched)

D

Deleted member

We really need more Smash clone games. There's potential in them.

Microsoft and Nick being notably among those.
I think the biggest issue smash clones have is that you need a host of recognizable characters.... and most companies just simply don't have enough of them to pad a roster with. Unless you try to add 3rd parties to the mix, but that adds a whole nother slew of problems, most notably licensing costs.

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Microsoft and Nick being notably among those.
Microsoft doesn't really have a Smash style game, closest would be Killer Instinct 2013 featuring Battletoads, Halo, and Gears of War... and of course Banjo-Kazooie, Minecraft, and Fallout in Smash itself. Maybe have a Forza car playable?

Nick... not too familiar with Nickelodeon. Who could be playable besides Spongebob characters?

As for other franchises, how about a Cartoon Network one that fixes Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion while expanding it to include other properties such as Courage or newer stuff that wasn't around for the original such as Steven Universe.

D

Deleted member

I'd wholeheartedly agree if seeing her didn't give me PTSD of PlayStation All Stars.
I've heard stories. Wasn't she like very good in that game?

Microsoft and Nickelodeon being notably among those.
I wish PASBR was more of a Smash clone. I'm not a fan of the whole reliance on supers to get points.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think the biggest issue smash clones have is that you need a host of recognizable characters.... and most companies just simply don't have enough of them to pad a roster with. Unless you try to add 3rd parties to the mix, but that adds a whole nother slew of problems, most notably licensing costs.
And that's where Nick fits this criteria.

It got plenty of recognizable characters regarding cartoons folks grew up with especially in the 90s whether it's Tommy, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko, Daggett & Norbert, and CatDog, as well as popular characters in the 00s like Zim and Danny Phantom and 10s like Lincoln. The fact too they now own TMNT.

Surprised it actually hasn't been done yet tbh given its Nicktoons Unite games and kart racing games. The potential is there. Hell surprised there hasn't been a Nick vs. Cartoon Network yet...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Microsoft and Nickelodeon being notably among those.
I'd rather see Microsoft make a new Killer Instinct with many guest characters than enter the platform fighter market.

That would work better for them IMO.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't know why but I'm slowly getting interested in trying the Perfect Dark series. There's a new game coming out and I already own the previous 3 games so why not?

Though not right now.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Musical callbacks in games are my favorite things ever.

I'm at a part in Yokai watch 4 where the characters have to compete in the Tenkaichi buyokai tournament to determine who the next king of the spirit world is, and some of the contestants are characters from previous games and when you fight them the boss music from said game starts playing instead of Yokai watch 4's boss theme

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Funny I used to ask for a cryptid fighting game when Darkstalkers is pretty much basically that only with mostly mythological creatures.

Why I think if we ever get a Darkstalkers 4 we should implement more cryptid characters into its lore and setting as they did with Sasquatch (Canada) such as the Chupacabra, Dover Demon, Jersey Devil, Mothman, and reptilian humanoid. Could have a character also based on the Flatwoods Monster, who was apparently popular enough to have enemies based on it in TLoZ series and even appearing in Fall Out 4.

Also, a wendigo character and Darkstalkers version of Krampus would be nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom