• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, currently in Pokemon MDDX, I just completed renovations of the base, so now it's a giant Cyndaquil house. :p

One of the biggest things I've come to fall in love with in this game is all the new random events that happen- both in dungeons and even in town. Example; I was very surprised to see a Munchlax walking around and then mention that he's hungry. I gave him an Apple and got myself a Munch Belt.

I said this before, and I'll say this again; I am very sad I didn't get this game on release. I clearly missed out.
The remake was great. It pays some nice nods towards the originals like the munchlax scene, while also keeping a really nice art style and faithful recreation of the original story. The remastered tracks are great, and I really enjoyed playing through it again.

I hope they get to remake Explorers of Time, Darkness and Sky. That would be an amazing grab on the switch.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I have a question. Some of the Zelda games have different titles in Japan. Which ones do you prefer?

A Link to the Past = Triforce of the Gods
Link's Awakening = The Dreaming Island
Oracle of Seasons = The Mysterious Seeds: Chapter of Earth
Oracle of Ages = The Mysterious Seeds: Chapter of Space-Time
The Wind Waker = Baton of Winds
Four Swords Adventures = Four Swords+
The Minish Cap = The Mysterious Cap
Phantom Hourglass = Hourglass of Dreams
A Link Between Worlds = Triforce of the Gods 2
Tri Force Heroes = (no joke) The Three Triforce Musketeers

The rest of them are pretty much the same but in Japanese. In fact, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild are the Japanese titles phonetically spelled out in katakana :yoshi:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That was an experience. Captured Roserade X in Shyleon Temple, beat the "Gym Leader" Gengar and the Gym Leader Henna in Vega City, returned to ****ing Vermillion City, beat Lt. Surge and am about to enter Team Dimension's secret base.

This game is going crazy man. I assume Mewtwo X is in the base so I'm gonna go grind into the 50s. Especially since I barely clutched Henna's fight.
I’d recommend using the training grounds in the base to get to 60. There’s like 4 boss fights in the place around those levels and then you have 3 other ones not to long after. All around the 60s. Or at least go like 55 and use the many grunts to reach the 60s.
Tbf it does result in funny **** like this.
View attachment 307912
This makes me think of how in Johnny Test they always tried to disguise Dukey as a human despite how ridiculous it looked lmao

Noipoi

Howdy!
I have a question. Some of the Zelda games have different titles in Japan. Which ones do you prefer?

The rest of them are pretty much the same but in Japanese. In fact, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild are the Japanese titles phonetically spelled out in katakana :yoshi:
The Dreaming Island is a fun name. And Triforce Musketeers shoulda been the English name, honestly.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

The mysterious seeds sounds like something youd see on the third page of google if you know what I mean

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The Dreaming Island is a fun name. And Triforce Musketeers shoulda been the English name, honestly.
I prefer those two as well, plus Triforce of the Gods (and 2). I understand why NoA changed it at the time due to their policies, but still...

The rest I prefer the English titles. Some of the Japanese ones are a little generic (Mysterious Cap, Hourglass of Dreams) and the Oracle games are a mouthful :yoshi:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm having a bit of a sad rn.
Is it bad that one thought can trigger my eyes to tear up?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The DC Multiverse has expanded into a larger "Omniverse" where everything is canon, while the DC Universe is revealed to be a "Linearverse" where all characters live even longer, and it will still deal with the repercussions of DC Rebirth

...just know that this obviously means that Badman (the Batman of the College Humor Universe) is by default canon

yay

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Oh boy, I made a quick concept sketch for the game. This is Axel! He’s an optimistic, joyful, and caring axolotl. He’s quite speedy, and he deals great damage, though his defense is a bit below average. My main inspirations for his personality were Kel from Omori and Ryuji from Persona 5.
View attachment 307925
Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Wademan94 Wademan94 @AndreaAC
I designed a cartoony character once.
His name is Cowboy. Because he's an anthropomorphic cow.
20190824_045429.jpg

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
This is my first time meeting you, so you cannot logically be my favorite.
But I AM a fan of anime girls and simps, so howdy doo.
Stan Hatsuho.

Name's Nate. I simp for characters from games and shows I love. Genderfluid pansexual loser, shameless otaku, gamer who thinks they're better than they are, furry in denial, Grand Memelord. With all of these, I can finally claim all six Degeneracy Stones and ascend to the PC master race.

Or I could if I wasn't saving money...

Nice to meet ya.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Stan Hatsuho.

Name's Nate. I simp for characters from games and shows I love. Genderfluid pansexual loser, shameless otaku, gamer who thinks they're better than they are, furry in denial, Grand Memelord. With all of these, I can finally claim all six Degeneracy Stones and ascend to the PC master race.

Or I could if I wasn't saving money...

Nice to meet ya.
To call myself genderfluid would be inaccurate. I used to cross dress in High School, and in Middle School, I wanted to be a girl simply because girls got more attention, and I wanted people to like me without me trying.
But beyond those two things, I am 100% male.
But I AM pansexual, but very heavily favoriving femininity. I like small girls and femboys, but I occasionally also like pretty boys like Justin Bieber before he grew facial hair and tattoos. Jocks and bears are off the table, though. Beyond that, and occasional cute feature may draw me in with curiosity. I once liked a 6'1" girl out of curiosity of having a girl's taller than me.
I also enjoy weeb and nerd stuff. Cartoony platformers are my favorites. EG Mario, Sonic, Crash, Spyro, Rayman, Kirby, etc.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
To call myself genderfluid would be inaccurate. I used to cross dress in High School, and in Middle School, I wanted to be a girl simply because girls got more attention, and I wanted people to like me without me trying.
But beyond those two things, I am 100% male.
But I AM pansexual, but very heavily favoriving femininity. I like small girls and femboys, but I occasionally also like pretty boys like Justin Bieber before he grew facial hair and tattoos. Jocks and bears are off the table, though. Beyond that, and occasional cute feature may draw me in with curiosity. I once liked a 6'1" girl out of curiosity of having a girl's taller than me.
I also enjoy weeb and nerd stuff. Cartoony platformers are my favorites. EG Mario, Sonic, Crash, Spyro, Rayman, Kirby, etc.
I pretty heavily favor femininity as well. My partner is nonbinary though, so there's that. I love them more than anything or anyone else in the world.

Doesn't mean I can't simp for cute anime girls. Hell, they simp for them with me.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I pretty heavily favor femininity as well. My partner is nonbinary though, so there's that. I love them more than anything or anyone else in the world.

Doesn't mean I can't simp for cute anime girls. Hell, they simp for them with me.
I feel that. My crush is pansexual, and that's really ideal for me, so that we can simp over Instagram and Twitter models together.
But she is still, as of now, just a crush.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I feel that. My crush is pansexual, and that's really ideal for me, so that we can simp over Instagram and Twitter models together.
But she is still, as of now, just a crush.
I met my partner almost eight years ago because we both loved the same character from one of our favorite shows. I messaged them and we became fast friends. We've basically talked every day since the day we met. They are, in every sense of the word, my true and best friend. I'm working hard so they can move in with me in a little over a year, and I intend to marry them in a few years' time.

I wish you the best of luck with your crush.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I met my partner almost eight years ago because we both loved the same character from one of our favorite shows. I messaged them and we became fast friends. We've basically talked every day since the day we met. They are, in every sense of the word, my true and best friend. I'm working hard so they can move in with me in a little over a year, and I intend to marry them in a few years' time.

I wish you the best of luck with your crush.
We should probably move this to DMs to avoid spamming up the thread.
But you're gonna make me cry. I'm 26 and desperate to get married before I go infertile.
The longest relationship I've ever had was 6 months, and my circle of friends shifts all the time as groups grow tired of me.
I have Asperger's, so I'm very socially awkward and very emotional. It's easy as **** to hurt my feelings, so that's not the best recipe for long-term social bonds.
I have an analogy I use with my therapist with marbles.
All marbles are fun and special, but they are easy to lose. Finding a new social group is like buying a new bag of marbles. They too are easily lost, but you can keep getting new bags. Every once in a while, a special red marble will appear. It is more valuable than the common green marbles, but it gets lost just as easily. Losing any marble is sad, but losing a red marble is outright tragic and leads to serious life problems like alcoholism. I recently, in January, went to a rehab facility for extreme depression and alcoholism. The cause? I had lost two red marbles.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
We should probably move this to DMs to avoid spamming up the thread.
But you're gonna make me cry. I'm 26 and desperate to get married before I go infertile.
The longest relationship I've ever had was 6 months, and my circle of friends shifts all the time as groups grow tired of me.
I have Asperger's, so I'm very socially awkward and very emotional. It's easy as **** to hurt my feelings, so that's not the best recipe for long-term social bonds.
I have an analogy I use with my therapist with marbles.
All marbles are fun and special, but they are easy to lose. Finding a new social group is like buying a new bag of marbles. They too are easily lost, but you can keep getting new bags. Every once in a while, a special red marble will appear. It is more valuable than the common green marbles, but it gets lost just as easily. Losing any marble is sad, but losing a red marble is outright tragic and leads to serious life problems like alcoholism. I recently, in January, went to a rehab facility for extreme depression and alcoholism. The cause? I had lost two red marbles.
I'm sorry to hear that. Feel free to DM me, though I am about to go to sleep, so I probably won't be able to respond til morning.

Always looking out for new friends.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's moreso that cats naturally evolved domestic traits on their own without being having to actively be breed for them. And honestly that's probably how the evolution of dogs started out too.

And considering dogs have been around for longer, they've likely had an even bigger impact on our evolution then cats. Symbiotic relationships go both ways.
Current scientific understanding is that we domesticated dogs through selective breeding.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Current scientific understanding is that we domesticated dogs through selective breeding.
Well, you gotta look at why they were domesticated.
Dogs were domesticated to actively aid humans in hunting, so there was a selective pressure to be trusting and obedient to humans.
Cats were domesticated to keep mice and birds away from crops. They naturally flocked to humans because humans planted crops, and crops attracted rodents and birds, which cats eat.
Humans then started keeping cats due to a mutualistic relationship, but cats were never trained; they just naturally became pest control for humans. The selective pressure there was simply not to fear humans, as humans indirectly kept the cats fed. Eventually they'd become standard pets for sailors, as ships were still wooden back then, and rats could tear holes in the ship, causing it to sink in the middle of the Atlantic. Cats were the perfect solution.

So the reason why dogs are more "friendly" than cats is because dogs and humans hunted side by side, creating a social bond whereas cats already performed their natural role of pest control without human guidance.

Sorry. Biology nerd.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
But it probably started by wolves following humans and scavenging our leftovers. Then some particularly social ones decided to get more friendly.

Then things probably shifted from natural selection to artificial selection (breeding) from there.

They're the first animals to have been domesticated. Its not like two hunter/gatherers saw some dangerous, wild apex predators and said "hey, we've never done this before but lets make the two friendlest ones kiss so their babies can be our best friends several centuries from now".
I feel there should've been a limit to dog breeding

For example...

That's what bull terriers used to look like a hundred years ago :yoshi:
That's because people's reason for breeding dogs changed.

It used to be "hey these two dogs are really good at hearding sheep, let's breed them so that their kids are good at herding sheep for our mutual survival".

In more recent times it's been "Let's find a dog with a physical deformity we think is cute and breed it with its siblings and children so that they're all physically deformed and cute, to heck with the negative consequences."

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

So you think that's a chicken? Gotta say, that's the chickenest chicken that ever chickened. WRONG!!! Let me introduce you to the Red Junglefowl!!! What wolves are to dogs, this is to chickens. The reason we domesticated them is because their reproductive systems escalate when a large portion of seeds dot the area (like, say, when bamboo drop a whole bunch every 50 years) :yoshi:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

So you think that's a chicken? Gotta say, that's the chickenest chicken that ever chickened. WRONG!!! Let me introduce you to the Red Junglefowl!!! What wolves are to dogs, this is to chickens. The reason we domesticated them is because their reproductive systems escalate when a large portion of seeds dot the area (like, say, when bamboo drop a whole bunch every 50 years) :yoshi:
Fun fact.
Chickens are dinosaurs. But pterodactyls aren't.
Look it up. It's true.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
But it probably started by wolves following humans and scavenging our leftovers. Then some particularly social ones decided to get more friendly.

Then things probably shifted from natural selection to artificial selection (breeding) from there.

They're the first animals to have been domesticated. Its not like two hunter/gatherers saw some dangerous, wild apex predators and said "hey, we've never done this before but lets make the two friendlest ones kiss so their babies can be our best friends several centuries from now".
It's possible and that has been suggested, possibly spurred by increased competition with humans for food. Although it seems likely that the modern dog has descended from several wolf populations at different points in time, suggesting only some wolf populations displayed pre-selection qualities with possible human persecution weening out the non-domesticable members of said populations.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
In more recent times it's been "Let's find a dog with a physical deformity we think is cute and breed it with its siblings and children so that they're all physically deformed and cute, to heck with the negative consequences."
go-wrong-above-text-that-reads-3000-years-later-above-a-pic-of-a-pug-wearing-a-birthday-cake-...jpeg

I too am guilty of this sin with my own pupper.
IMG_20171103_231517_089.jpg

He was a Chihuahua for Halloween once.

D

Deleted member

I still find it hilarious how two Hololive vtubers played Vanguard Zero lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 307955

I too am guilty of this sin with my own pupper.
View attachment 307956
He was a Chihuahua for Halloween once.
I respect my puppers too much for that. They hate those costumes! The only clothes we ever put on them that I allow are sweaters in the winter time but ONLY to keep them warm outside. They come off when they come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom