• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I have a question for anyone who plays animal crossing new horizons.

I started over recently and I wanted to go back and experience each holiday that has been live. I’m trying to play the Halloween event but even though isabelle acknowledges it’s Halloween. Nothing happens.

I know the game prevents you from seeing new holiday events before they release but I figured you could time travel to those days after the fact.

Was I wrong in that assumption? I can’t find any answer on it.

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo perhaps you know?
You cant TT to hollidays that have not yet happend in the curret year because they arent unlocked but you can TT BACK to holidays of last year I believe necause they are in the game and unlocked. Try going back to 2020 on the 31 st

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dogs were domesticated to actively aid humans in hunting, so there was a selective pressure to be trusting and obedient to humans.
What cha talking about? It was actually the dogs who domesticated us.

But it probably started by wolves following humans and scavenging our leftovers. Then some particularly social ones decided to get more friendly.

Then things probably shifted from natural selection to artificial selection (breeding) from there.
Thus it was them that domesticated us, not the other way around.
I mean, if the science is to be belived, we didn't domesticate cats, but rather, cats domesticated humans.

Those ****ers did the impossible.
So have dogs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What cha talking about? It was actually the dogs who domesticated us.

Thus it was them that domesticated us, not the other way around.
If you click on the article: it says it’s an opinion piece right here:
C4C2CDF9-FD76-496B-A9FF-541CCFEBB737.jpeg

too bad it stops me from reading the entire thing

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

We should really stop telling people how tall we are in feet and start telling people how tall we are in Minecraft blocks. You can take away my speaking privileges now.
How tall is a minecraft block in relation to us though...?

I guess the easiest way to find out would be to find it’s volume in pixels and then convert that to feet

too bad I have absolutely no ****ing idea how to do that :4pacman:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I hate how #releasethe___cut is going to be a thing now. That horrible movement has a meme dedicated to it. I hate that. How am I supposed to move on and forget when people keep reminding me!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I hate how #releasethe___cut is going to be a thing now. That horrible movement has a meme dedicated to it. I hate that. How am I supposed to move on and forget when people keep reminding me!
You can learn to tune things out. Talking about it hear probably ain’t gonna help with that, though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What's that?
The original version of what was meant to be Justice League before Zack Snyder left the project due to the suicide of his daughter.

Fans demanded for its release which eventually lead to it coming out on HBOMax this year.

The one released in 2017 was pretty much cut and butchered up by Joss Wheldon, not that it matters anyways because this 4 hour cut is still likely a massive trainwreck given most DCEU films.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Coming from someone who used to let things like this bother me, I would suggest either muting hashtags on certain social media platforms, or just outright not going to certain places anymore. If it's causing you such negative feelings, then it definitely isn't worth it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Coming from someone who used to let things like this bother me, I would suggest either muting hashtags on certain social media platforms, or just outright not going to certain places anymore. If it's causing you such negative feelings, then it definitely isn't worth it.
It isn't easy for some people though like me due to my OCT (Obsessive Compulsive Thoughts). Given everything going on in the world, this really hasn't helped with my mental health.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another suggestion Snake.

Think of perhaps something you're looking forward to and anticipated for.

Me obviously Godzilla vs. Kong.

Think of perhaps the new Mortal Kombat movie (Which I'm looking forward too as well).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Same with Godzilla vs Kong, can't wait to see it next week.
You're still lucky you get to see it next week. I, on the other hand, have to wait the week after although I might be able to see it two days early due to signing up for a free screening on the wbtickets site otherwise it's the 31st for me on this streaming site.

Don't spoil anything for me. Been avoiding the trailers and TV spots for that reason.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Give it a week or so and don't go on Twitter?
It's not even that. Like, I was watching Jenny Nicholson's video on the land before time movies and when she talks about how there's lost footage from the first one, she said #ReleaseTheBluthCut. What am I supposed to do? Stop watching every youtuber ever because one of them might make a joke about it?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Drip Goku really died for Among Us memes.
I still see Drip Goku here and there.

He didn't die, he just went training his drips.

---

Also, apparantly, the countdown for UnderEvent wasn't right?

This is getting confusin' to me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just came across, off all things, an injured woodcock on my shift earlier. They’re not indigenous to my area so I assume it escaped from a local zoo a mile away. Luckily a nice woman from the nearby apartment building contacted wildlife services and she took it over to their office in her car (in a box of course)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Snyder Cut Amazing
Falcon & Winter Soldier Amazing
Avengers game...
...no

2/3 this week for comic book fans overall...gimmie more happiness
20210318_161001.jpg

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
'Aight

I'mma drop a hot spicy take

Y'all ready for this? It's a real fire take. Like, so hot y'all gonna get burned kinda take.

I genuinely hope people here are having a wonderful weekend. :nifty:

also Sonic Lost World is a good video game k bye thx for reading :jigglypuffmelee:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last night I dreamed that Popeye was the next Smash fighter.
I’d be down for that. Actually made a spirit battle for him not too long ago.

Just wanted to do this one...

Popeye the Sailor Man
(Popeye)
View attachment 276920

Spirit Type: Support :starman::starman::starman::starman: Attack
Spirit Effects: Invincibility after Eating
Opponent: :ultmario: (Black), :ultpeach: (Red), :ultdk: (Black)
Rules: Item Tidal Wave, Item: Food (Salad)
Conditions:
-The enemy becomes more powerful after eating
-The enemy is easily distracted by items
-Certain items will appear in large numbers after a little while
Stage: Pirate Ship
Music Track: King K. Rool/Ship Deck (Brawl)

D

Deleted member

I may or may not have just gotten a job at a local amusement park :geno:
Luckily it should fit right into my schedule since it's only open during the summer and a bit during the fall, so it won't intersect with school too badly, if at all.

And to think this morning I was gonna say "nah **** it, I'm staying home today" :secretkpop:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm just now finding out that Doug Walker is not only from my homestate, but he lived in the town that's right next to my hometowm.
A long time ago when I still watched his videos, I wanted to get him involved in one of my animated series concepts, even to the point of wanting him to voice my lead. After everything went down, I pretty much avoided him the last time I went to the convention he was attending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom