• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Did anyone actually see this last night?
OK. The pitch is that it's a 2D Kingdom Hearts spinoff in the style of an old school arcade beat em up. Aside from Sora, Donald, and Goofey, the fourth character you can play as changes each world. Since each world is based off of a 2D animated series, the sprites will utilize the actual model scheets and background art from each original production. Not only that, but the main trio will have different sprites in each world designed in each respective shows art style. If you want an idea of how it would play, look at Wayforward's Batman: The Brave and the Bold game on Wii. That game's summon character mechanic will return in much the same way here. The following shows will have levels DuckTales (2017), Darkwing Duck (Classic), Gargoyles, Kim Possible, Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, The Owl House, and The Simpsons. The following shows will also be represented as summons: TaleSpin, Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Wander Over Yonder, Dave the Barbarian, American Dragon: Jake Long, and The Mighty Ducks. Any other shows you think should be represented? And in what ways?
Or were people just not interested?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
there is nobody sus among us except for Iron Man not paying his friends

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What cha talking about? It was actually the dogs who domesticated us.

Thus it was them that domesticated us, not the other way around.

So have dogs.
Even if wolves probably approached first dogs are undeniably domesticated. If they weren't, they'd just be wolves.

Our relationship with dogs is a symbiotic one. Early people helped the first dogs survive, and the dogs helped people survive. It goes both ways. But morphologically the dogs were clearly changed more by this relationship.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I really don't get how someone can knock the sprite work in the Battletoads reboot
With opinions and stuff you know how people are just waiting for chances to think something about something

it just occurred to me that this could be construed as rude thats not the intention I just saw a chance to be sassy

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I really don't get how someone can knock the sprite work in the Battletoads reboot
I mean it’s a far cry from the original artstyle and aesthetic, so of course there’s gonna be some mixed thoughts on it. I personally find it unappealing and unpolished. The animation itself and gameplay could be fine but it doesn’t do anything for me visually

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean it’s a far cry from the original artstyle and aesthetic, so of course there’s gonna be some mixed thoughts on it. I personally find it unappealing and unpolished. The animation itself and gameplay could be fine but it doesn’t do anything for me visually
As someone who played through the entire game, unpolished is certainly not an apt descriptor.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean like the art direction feels unpolished, mostly with the characters. As much as it kills me to say, I think TTG looked more polished
I just don't get that I suppose. The animation is fluid as ****. And the designs are... designs. Like, Pimple and Rash look better then Zitz and some of the Dark Queen's facial expressions are kind of off. But like.... IDK. I think it looks great.

I will say it's not what I had been expecting from a Battletoads reboot, but I'm not gonna complain because of how fluid the animations are.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I just don't get that I suppose. The animation is fluid as ****. And the designs are... designs. Like, Pimple and Rash look better then Zitz and some of the Dark Queen's facial expressions are kind of off. But like.... IDK. I think it looks great.

I will say it's not what I had been expecting from a Battletoads reboot, but I'm not gonna complain because of how fluid the animations are.
Maybe I’ve been spoiled by other animated media, but the cutscenes I don’t see being that fluid, gameplay seems to look better with that though. And yeah the designs are subjective but they don’t appeal to me at all.

I’ve only seen a few cutscenes but maybe my opinion might change if I got my hands on it. Since I don’t have Xbox I’ll see if a friend does

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Maybe I’ve been spoiled by other animated media, but the cutscenes I don’t see being that fluid, gameplay seems to look better with that though. And yeah the designs are subjective but they don’t appeal to me at all.

I’ve only seen a few cutscenes but maybe my opinion might change if I got my hands on it. Since I don’t have Xbox I’ll see if a friend does
I actually think the cutscenes look great. Like, as good as the 2017 DuckTales reboot at the very least.

I will say that I wouldn't have minded a game in the style of how Rash looked in KI, what I think most people were expecting, but I think they look fine. The really thin waists are a bit strange, but eh.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmm, nah. It doesn’t look bad but it’s definitely more choppy than something like DT2017.
Maybe it's just because I'm immune to frame rates.

But I actually do think that the later seasons of DuckTales 2017 are a bit... too fluid. Like, the characters move too much when they do stuff and it's distracting.

Noipoi

Howdy!

But I actually do think that the later seasons of DuckTales 2017 are a bit... too fluid. Like, the characters move too much when they do stuff and it's distracting.
I’ll take it over super stuff animation.

Sometimes it feels like characters barely move these days, except for the one big scene at the end of a season that’s super fluid and gets everyone hyped up.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Out of all the old archetypes to get legacy support

I was not expecting Triamids to be the one. Duel Links player are practically drooling right now
Shroob Shroob Will Will Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth
I mean, there's a lot older archtypes. I forget when it first appeared, but it's certainly more recent than DM, Red-Eyes, etc.

That said, I'm glad we're getting these neat support cards.

...That reminds me. I need to finish the details on my continuation of the VWXYZ series. I'm working on the D and E parts still.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’ll take it over super stuff animation.

Sometimes it feels like characters barely move these days, except for the one big scene at the end of a season that’s super fluid and gets everyone hyped up.
I don't know. I think there needs to be a middle ground. Like... people don't bob their heads all around and make thousands of arm movements and change the size of their eyes 20 times when they're just standing around talking to each other. I certainly don't want to go the opposite direction into Family Guy territory either though. Again, we need something a little more balanced because IMO, BOTH can take you out of it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't know. I think there needs to be a middle ground. Like... people don't bob their heads all around and make thousands of arm movements and change the size of their eyes 20 times when they're just standing around talking to each other. I certainly don't want to go the opposite direction into Family Guy territory either though. Again, we need something a little more balanced because IMO, BOTH can take you out of it.
No I agree, too much movement when it’s unneeded isn’t ideal either. It’s just if I had the choice of overly stiff or overly animated, I’d take overly animated.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No I agree, too much movement when it’s unneeded isn’t ideal either. It’s just if I had the choice of overly stiff or overly animated, I’d take overly animated.
Am I weird for preferring the former? Like, sure it's not as interesting to look at but it's also not actively distracting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Immune to frame rates
Look at how fluid this animation is!
...alright.

Also TOO fluid I see is a thing now. I’d hate to see how you feel about James Baxter’s work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom