• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Cyborg is so far being amazing for a young man...the rest of his stuff is probably gonna make me question why most of his stuff was cut

you say that like it's a bad thing within the Marvel universe. That's tame in comparison to like...too many things

Simpsons is also an acquired product tho...as are Family Guy and American Dad (now imagine those in a family friendly Disney game)

it's on HBO Max...where all other DC programming was moved to
I know. That’s why it’s confusing. The acquired properties game would be all live action accept for this one world. And my 2D animated series concept would be all 2D TV animation, to the point of using original model sheets and the like for the Cuphead/Shantae/Battletoads/DuckTales Remastered level sprite work. So do I break the theme slightly for the animated series game, putting the Simpsons where it makes more sense from a visual standpoint, or do input them in the acquired properties game no matter how out of place it would look?
How would you even make the Simpsons work in a Kingdom Hearts context?
It’s not as hard as you make it out to be. That show is all sorts of chaotic.
Homer Simpson: “You know nothing about hearts and love. You’re more yellow and cowardly than anyone in Springfield.”
I love it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm about two hours into the Zack Snyder version of Justice League. So far, it's about what I expected - the tone seems more mournful/gloomy, but Cyborg and Steppenwolf have gotten a lot more development compared to the theatrical version, and there are a few nice touches where I don't get why they were cut. (Ryan Choi, Iris West, Wonder Woman finding a mural showing Parademons and Darkseid) There were also some things where I totally get why they were cut, like a pretty gruesome application of Mera's powers.

I haven't gotten to the point where Superman shows up yet, but I feel like I'm going to prefer his portrayal in the theatrical version - that one actually felt like Superman, whereas I don't think Zack Snyder's directing is going to do a great job at capturing that. (even though Henry Cavill can definitely do well with the role)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The fact they made this cut four hours long shows the trainwreck it is. Even Endgame wasn't that long and that was a massive disappointment of 11 years IMO.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well just watched Dr Stone's second last episode and damn that was amazing. Insert song, some great moments and not much explanation which made it pretty streamlined. Probably the best episode in the series so far.

Laid Back Camp is next but The Outer Worlds is calling so I'll leave it to later.

We didn't even have computers in classrooms when I was in grade school, I feel ancient.
Yeah I still vaguely remember that were I was.

Also remember when my school one of these and it was the best thing when I was in pre-school:

1616086266081.png

This was meant to teach toddlers and young kids programming but of course, some kid breaks it. Lovely little fella.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't see how a movie's length automatically makes it bad. Director's Cut of The Return of the King is over 4 hours, too and it was great.
IMO no movie should be any longer than 2 hours, 2 and a half being the max. Otherwise, most times it has a poor pace to it.

If you're gonna do long movies, pace them well.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm about two hours into the Zack Snyder version of Justice League. So far, it's about what I expected - the tone seems more mournful/gloomy, but Cyborg and Steppenwolf have gotten a lot more development compared to the theatrical version, and there are a few nice touches where I don't get why they were cut. (Ryan Choi, Iris West, Wonder Woman finding a mural showing Parademons and Darkseid) There were also some things where I totally get why they were cut, like a pretty gruesome application of Mera's powers.

I haven't gotten to the point where Superman shows up yet, but I feel like I'm going to prefer his portrayal in the theatrical version - that one actually felt like Superman, whereas I don't think Zack Snyder's directing is going to do a great job at capturing that.
**** I'd have cut out all of Mera with how bad Amber's reaction has been...but then it wouldn't be the real deal.

Cyborg and Steppenwolf have been massively improved on, while Flash (keeping his jokes and light toned ways of course) is definitely less of a push over so far. Only 2 1/2 hours in, but the cut content does fit well, especially Martian Manhunter so far...did not expect his first scene at all. Him being Martha to motivate and give hope to Lois was well done. Rest of the normal scenes have been normal and unforced so far.
The fact they made this cut four hours long shows the trainwreck it is. Even Endgame wasn't that long and that was a massive disappointment of 11 years IMO.
well then...
20210307_105002.jpg

...you didn't have to go down on Marvel cause DC talk :(

D

Deleted member

A bunch of job openings have opened up for my local parks for a summer part time job.... and considering money is pretty tight at the moment, I just might apply to a few of em. selling cards is cool and all but I'm not making nearly enough to justify not getting at least a temporary part time job.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
IMO no movie should be any longer than 2 hours, 2 and a half being the max. Otherwise, most times it has a poor pace to it.

Pacing problems can go the other way, too. Trying to cram something like The Fellowship of the Ring or the Godfather into two hours would result in it feeling rushed or important scenes being cut.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
**** I'd have cut out all of Mera with how bad Amber's reaction has been...but then it wouldn't be the real deal.

Cyborg and Steppenwolf have been massively improved on, while Flash (keeping his jokes and light toned ways of course) is definitely less of a push over so far. Only 2 1/2 hours in, but the cut content does fit well, especially Martian Manhunter so far...did not expect his first scene at all. Him being Martha to motivate and give hope to Lois was well done. Rest of the normal scenes have been normal and unforced so far.

well then...View attachment 307733
...you didn't have to go down on Marvel cause DC talk :(
Wait.... what happened with Amber Heard?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Sometimes trying to cram a movie into less then 2 hours is going to screw up the pacing far more then just letting the movie be however long it needs to be.

There's such thing as a movie being paced too quickly.

Edit: I don't know how I got ninja'd this badly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like that goes both ways.

Like obviously, you wouldn't be able to fit, say, all 4 Toy Story movies into 1 2-hour length movie(not without having to cut major details and plot points), but at the same time, if you give yourself enough time, it can work well. You gotta know what you're up against and choose wisely.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pacing problems can go the other way, too. Trying to cram something like The Fellowship of the Ring or the Godfather into two hours would result in it feeling rushed or important scenes being cut.
Yeah, imagine compressing Empire into six hours, it would end without getting into the good stuff.:p

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hot take:

For anime based on video games shouldn't be a thing anymore unless it is for certain reasons like a what if (Tales of Zestiria) or an original story (Hyperdimension Neptunia).
Just looking at Persona 5 and remembering the anime, it's just felt like the animation quality of the games and stuff has surpassed the need for one. And double take for big JRPGs. Visual novels and games with poor animation work but after looking at the animation of games like Tales of Arise I don't see the point of them even being into the game as much.

That is all. I'm going back to The Outer Worlds.

One day I'll actually be able to purchase a PS5 for retail price, and it'll be rad.
Still going out of stock like mad where you are?
I'm actually considering getting one soon but of course it has to go out of stock very quickly. My PS4 is getting old dude and better to get the PS5 if it messes up again.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh
My
****ing
God
THERE IS NO "DO YOU BLEED" IN SUPERMAN'S RESSURECTION TURNED FIGHT SCENE THANK YOU SNYDER
Wait.... what happened with Amber Heard?
A very long story

There's also this
69d6798009035966968bb6434e7b127f_lg.jpeg

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hot take:

For anime based on video games shouldn't be a thing anymore unless it is for certain reasons like a what if (Tales of Zestiria) or an original story (Hyperdimension Neptunia).
Just looking at Persona 5 and remembering the anime, it's just felt like the animation quality of the games and stuff has surpassed the need for one. And double take for big JRPGs. Visual novels and games with poor animation work but after looking at the animation of games like Tales of Arise I don't see the point of them even being into the game as much.

That is all. I'm going back to The Outer Worlds.

Still going out of stock like mad where you are?
I'm actually considering getting one soon but of course it has to go out of stock very quickly. My PS4 is getting old dude and better to get the PS5 if it messes up again.
Yeah, and I'm never able to keep up with when they do have restocks because it always seems to happen when I'm busy and the system sells out again in minutes. Really frustrating how terrible the scalper problem has become with it, and I honestly don't see it letting up anytime soon.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Yeah I still vaguely remember that were I was.

Also remember when my school one of these and it was the best thing when I was in pre-school:

View attachment 307732

This was meant to teach toddlers and young kids programming but of course, some kid breaks it. Lovely little fella.
I remembered when my primary school had one of these too!

In those days we also watched some episodes of Fireman Sam to educate ourselves on safety as well as I'm not sure if you may remember this but "You Can Read" too.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got to the Martian Manhunter reveal in Snyder's Justice League. I get that these scenes were completed afterwards (I'm pretty sure they only made it to the concept art stage originally), but I really wish that they had made it into the theatrical release because even though I knew that scene was coming and I know very little about the character, it was still awesome to see.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It’s not as hard as you make it out to be. That show is all sorts of chaotic.
I love it.
I would make it some sort of Minigame world like 100 acre wood or Atlantica tbh.

Yeah, and I'm never able to keep up with when they do have restocks because it always seems to happen when I'm busy and the system sells out again in minutes. Really frustrating how terrible the scalper problem has become with it, and I honestly don't see it letting up anytime soon.
This Myhtra profile picture is making me feel.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just got to the Martian Manhunter reveal in Snyder's Justice League. I get that these scenes were completed afterwards (I'm pretty sure they only made it to the concept art stage originally), but I really wish that they had made it into the theatrical release because even though I knew that scene was coming and I know very little about the character, it was still awesome to see.
God why did they have to put my favorite league member in this train wreck of a film?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What I thought was a trailer for a solo Black Panther game just turned out to be for Marvel's Avengers.

Wouldn't lie. A Black Panther game done like Spider-Man was in terms of gameplay would be fun.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I have 0 interest in the Snyder Cut (I'm not the biggest fan of Snyder as a director) but judging it based purely on length is a bit silly. Especially for something that is advertised as a director's cut.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
God why did they have to put my favorite league member in this train wreck of a film?
If it's any consolation, I'm guessing it's just a cameo. (one scene about two and a half hours in, and I'm guessing that he'll have another scene either right before the credits or in the middle of the credits, but I haven't gotten there at this point)

For reference, here are all of his scenes; I'm not sure about the quality, and there are some awkward cuts (it only shows his dialogue, not the full conversation), but he has about a minute and a half of screentime.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I finally got some green stuff for some new games but idk what to get now. I saw that there's a Spring sale going on though so maybe I'll take a look at that.

Just need a good single player game.
20210318_131143.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom