• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Thats the main issue with the crap Snyder makes, the dude legit thinks making every DC film SUPER DUPER dark without any sort of humor or likable and actually human characters is the way to make a "perfect" superhero movie. And you wonder why Man Of Steel and BvS were colossal failures.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thats the main issue with the crap Snyder makes, the dude legit thinks making every DC film SUPER DUPER dark without any sort of humor or likable and actually human characters is the way to make a "perfect" superhero movie. And you wonder why Man Of Steel and BvS were colossal failures.
To be precise pre-Avengers humor because after that MCU's humor began to get really forced and cringey. Thor: Ragnarok and Endgame being notable examples. It only worked with Guardians due to its campy nature and tone.

Feel free to disagree but that's just me.

That's where I'll definitely give Shazam! credit that it did its own form of humor, another reason I loved that film.

I think a dark superhero movie can also work it's just gotta be done right. Take The Batman for example, I have faith in that because Matt Reeves is directing, he's a good director who did three good movies both Cloverfield and Dawn & War of the Planet of the Apes. Speaking of which, Dawn and War is how you do dark movies with humor.

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
To be precise pre-Avengers humor because after that MCU's humor began to get really forced and cringey. Thor: Ragnarok and Endgame being notable examples. It only worked with Guardians due to its campy nature and tone.

Feel free to disagree but that's just me.

That's where I'll definitely give Shazam! credit that it did its own form of humor, another reason I loved that film.

I think a dark superhero movie can also work it's just gotta be done right. Take The Batman for example, I have faith in that because Matt Reeves is directing, he's a good director who did three good movies both Cloverfield and Dawn & War of the Planet of the Apes. Speaking of which, Dawn and War is how you do dark movies with humor.
BTW Man Of Steel has some of the worst camerawork/camera zoom in i have ever seen in a high budget film. You legit have 0 clue what is happening during fight scenes

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Other than the Fortnite joke in Endgame, I've had no problems with MCUs humor. Ragnarok in particular is probably one of the best movies in recent years.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Sony: have 10 games, including one of the biggest exclusive games of the generation, for free!

Nintendo: a remake of a Gameboy game? That'll be $60.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Since Fortnite exists in the MCU in 2022, that would mean the Thanos event happened multiple times in Fortnite, which would be in real poor taste if you think about it.

That would also mean the Avengers exist in Fortnite as well. And DC Heroes as well.
It wouldn't be that weird. Most Marvel characters appear in pop culture media in the comics-verse.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Since Fortnite exists in the MCU in 2022, that would mean the Thanos event happened multiple times in Fortnite, which would be in real poor taste if you think about it.

That would also mean the Avengers exist in Fortnite as well. And DC Heroes as well.
Street Fighter exists as both fiction (an arcade cabinet cameos in CM) and reality (Fortnite) in the MCU, and I don't know how to feel about it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Been watching some Persona 5 Strikers gameplay, and man, maybe it’s just me, but Morgana seems considerably less annoying now.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Snyder Cut hasn't been bad so far. Only 2 full parts in, and it's been building things up quite well
Been watching some Persona 5 Strikers gameplay, and man, maybe it’s just me, but Morgana seems considerably less annoying now.
that's cause he grew up...a real matured simp

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmm.... would a Simpsons world fit better in a Kingdom Hearts game dedicated to Disney’s animated tv shows, or one based off of their acquired properties (which would all otherwise be mostly live action stuff, Star Wars, Marvel, Indiana Jones, Planet of the Apes, Alien vs Predator, Avatar, etc.)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I like that little movie DC made called Mask of the Phantasm.

Shame it was removed of the DCCU in 2121.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Cyborg is so far being amazing for a young man...the rest of his stuff is probably gonna make me question why most of his stuff was cut
Ok, but then you still have the fact that Epic capitalized off of half of life dying.
you say that like it's a bad thing within the Marvel universe. That's tame in comparison to like...too many things
Hmmm.... would a Simpsons world fit better in a Kingdom Hearts game dedicated to Disney’s animated tv shows, or one based off of their acquired properties (which would all otherwise be mostly live action stuff, Star Wars, Marvel, Indiana Jones, Planet of the Apes, Alien vs Predator, Avatar, etc.)
Simpsons is also an acquired product tho...as are Family Guy and American Dad (now imagine those in a family friendly Disney game)
I like that little movie DC made called Mask of the Phantasm.

Shame it was removed of the DCU in 2121.
it's on HBO Max...where all other DC programming was moved to

D

Deleted member

How would you even make the Simpsons work in a Kingdom Hearts context?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’m always down for a Morgana that simps and bullies considerably less. I don’t think he’s even called Ryuji an idiot once yet. View attachment 307729
Everyone as either a bulli phase, a simp phase, or both.

We just don't realize until it's too late.

Hopefully this cat can grow up out of it.
El Morgana.gif

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Kingdom Hearts. Ever think the MCU will ever be introduced as a world?

Imagine Sora and gang working with the MCU heroes against Thanos.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Homer Simpson: “You know nothing about hearts and love. You’re more yellow and cowardly than anyone in Springfield.”

D

Deleted member

Simpsons was put into Lego Dimensions so it could definitely work in a Kingdom Hearts setting.

Mr Burns would be the villain of course.
I dunno, Lego Dimensions was kinda already on the comedic side anyway. I don't see how a Simpsons world could work in KH unless you really stretch it and do another Toy Story where you create a completely new plot and areas separate from the original medium. But then you would be losing most of what made the Simpsons what they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
lots of holy and Egyptian sounding music...but also less Joss (he added way too many unfitting moments)

and Batfleck loud talking to sound like screaming while having his auto autotuned voice is unreasonably hilarious

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
In terms of poor taste corporate references to villains, there was a funny moment in DC where they actually lampshaded that.

Do you want to Jokerize those fries? | Superheroes Eating Food
Would you like to Jokerize those fries? - Album on Imgur

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I liked Man of Steel.

Going into my bunker now.

D

Deleted member

Okay, does anyone else remember this or was my elementary school teacher the only one that used this?
ndn1dplbukxkipdclitc.png

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom