• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Last random thing.

No-one told me in my local bike store that I had to wait a week for it. No-one told me that all the bikes displayed are display bikes. I was so confident of walking in and getting it today but nope.

Now I have to wait for the next day my parent is off to get it through the door. Still it's bought and they've given me a few days to sort out. I'm happy with that. Now onto the next big thing to get.

Yeah, and I'm never able to keep up with when they do have restocks because it always seems to happen when I'm busy and the system sells out again in minutes. Really frustrating how terrible the scalper problem has become with it, and I honestly don't see it letting up anytime soon.
Undoubtedly so. Mini rant.......

And this is what I don't get it. If you have enough money to buy a bunch of PS5s then you shouldn't be worrying about making money. It's that simple.
If you want an easier way to make money without pissing people off you get a job or go onto welfare benefits. Want a longer and more fun process? Break your leg in an "accident".

And then there are those who are just doing it for fun or attention like that YT thumbnail of some wee girl breaking her boyfriends PS4 and then buying him like 10 PS5s. It's called greed and it's unlike other scenarios that are similar like some bloke being greedy by doing I don't know a Man vs Food challenge in which the difference is that the YouTuber is taking advantage of a low stock product for attention.

Also dude, the Mythra pfp is beautiful.

Well, we got our new puppy! Here is a picture of her staring deep into your soul.
View attachment 307742
Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
She/he is so cute! Gotta love dogs.

How old?

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
IMO no movie should be any longer than 2 hours, 2 and a half being the max. Otherwise, most times it has a poor pace to it.

If you're gonna do long movies, pace them well.
That’s weird I’d typically say the opposite their are so many movies that would benefit from being longer
I feel a story shouldn’t be constricted in the story it’s trying to tell in any meaningful way because if you limit a story in my opinion it’s common for it to suffer
But whatever if you think movies should be two hours I’m not gonna stop you im not your dad

Unless...
Edit clarification I’m not talking about the zack Snyder cut with this I’m speaking about storytelling in general
I know nothing about that movie.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
A wifi opponent wiffed a fully charged Lightning Buster and my moneky brain said to challange it with Flare Blitz as with all overcommitments.

Never again.
Everyone know that Light > Fire.

Gotta learn your match-up better next time, amigo.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Considering that Cyborg's getting visions of the Mother Box causing a world-wrecking wave of energy to travel across Earth, and Darkseid arriving on the planet, I think I reached the point where Zack Snyder's Justice League differs from the theatrical cut.

EDIT: likely a false alarm. Not sure when/where they're going to fit in the scenes with Deathstroke and the Joker from the trailers. I figured that it was going to be trying to revive Superman screws something up, resulting in the bad future, then the Flash goes back in time and warns them about it, they figure out that someone needs to die for it to work (since there's a comment about a shared phrase between Amazons and Atlanteans to that effect) and Silas volunteers. Instead, the visions are just visions.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Nia is getting all the cool looking unique blades while Rex keeps getting all the generic looking ones.

Son of a-

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Zack. Snyder. Makes. Bad. Movies. I can’t stress this enough.
and then the movie ended up being awesome after I watched it. There are things that could be questioned, but it is by far superior to that trash ass ***** of a replacement. If they make a Part 3 then I’ll be absolutely ready as hell

an easy 8.5-9/10 to be completely honest

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Uh last I checked fire creates light, so I should win that match up.

And I'm not your amigo, compadre.
Light is fire but cooler.

And even if i'm wrong, you still lost that match with Charizard, so no win here.

Also, got it, l'ami.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Nia is getting all the cool looking unique blades while Rex keeps getting all the generic looking ones.

Son of a-
Not gonna explain why because of spoilers, but you really don't want to pull too many unique Blades on Rex. Just give him a few to get by and make sure the majority of them go to your other Drivers.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I finally got some green stuff for some new games but idk what to get now. I saw that there's a Spring sale going on though so maybe I'll take a look at that.

Just need a good single player game.
View attachment 307741
Psst.

Hey.

You like cats?

You like lightbulbs?

You like feels?

Then buddy, do I got a game for you: See, there's this cute little indie game called OneShot...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
and then the movie ended up being awesome after I watched it. There are things that could be questioned, but it is by far superior to that trash ass ***** of a replacement. If they make a Part 3 then I’ll be absolutely ready as hell

an easy 8.5-9/10 to be completely honest
How can four hours of grim dark neck snapping “we live in a society was actually SAID by the joker” Christ allegory obsessed schlock be a 9/10?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Call me old fashioned but I kinda feel like you need to watch a movie to make an educated assessment of its quality.
Funnily enough, it’s confirmed Joker doesn’t even say the line in the movie, it was ad-libbed for the trailer. And need I remind you that you haven’t seen it yet.
Is it that wrong to assume a movie will be reflective of its creators past work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom