• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Find yourself a girl who loves spending time with you but doesn't see you as anything more than a friend.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Find yourself a girl who loves spending time with you but doesn't see you as anything more than a friend.
Had a girl like that recently.
I have a personal rule to be totally honest, so I told her that I was developing feelings for her.
She left me not very long afterward.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That seems intuitive, but I have much higher standards for a long term partner than I do a short term partner.
For short term, the only requirement is physical attractiveness.
For long term, I have much more reservations. They have to be emotionally nurturing, capable of raising a family, have similar interests to me, have at least a modicum of intelligence, etc.
The more standards you have are going to make finding someone like that harder. Go out. Go to a bar or a club or something. Throw money at dating services to find people to easy way. You're going to find that blatantly listing out standards like that won't get you anywhere, because you can pretty much get gatekept yourself if another person has such high standards.

Like religion. I've been interested in many religious people that wanted me to be devout to even think about dating. It's pretty common since I live smack dab in the middle of the Bible Belt.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The more standards you have are going to make finding someone like that harder. Go out. Go to a bar or a club or something. Throw money at dating services to find people to easy way. You're going to find that blatantly listing out standards like that won't get you anywhere, because you can pretty much get gatekept yourself if another person has such high standards.

Like religion. I've been interested in many religious people that wanted me to be devout to even think about dating. It's pretty common since I live smack dab in the middle of the Bible Belt.
Same. Oof. Grew up in Kentucky.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Same. Oof. Grew up in Kentucky.
You'll be surprised what you're open to once you go out and meet people without bringing a mental checklist for you to profile them on the first meet basis. Maybe look for friends in general and network that way if you're trying to date, because your description is actually you courting someone.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Man of Steel is a good movie when you take out the ridiculously killing spree of a final fight

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I didnt know you could see peoples accounts on Smash ultimate online, so many people played Digimon on Switch, people of culture, the lot of them :)

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Looks at the title
Ok. This is still the Social Thread.

Anyone here got any relationship advice?
My strengths are that I can sing and I'm reasonably kind.
My weakness is that I'm Autistic (literally, not in a self-deprecating way), so my social/conversational skills leave quite a bit to be desired.
Honestly it's not as hard as it sounds when you find the right one

My last relationship I found on a dating app . Literally my first text was just "howdy" and we dated for like five months

So I guess my advice is just try a dating app

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I once had a guy on Tinder call me a child for liking Nintendo and he told me about how he was far more mature because he was an xbox player

lol
It strikes me as odd that a crush I had a couple years ago started gaming on DS (she was 19) whereas I started gaming on SNES, and I was legally allowed to date her.
That was my first "I'm getting old," moment.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I once had a guy on Tinder call me a child for liking Nintendo and he told me about how he was far more mature because he was an xbox player

lol
Funny how that's literally the opposite for me (though replace xbox with playstation), how the more I grew up the more into Nintendo I got :yoshi:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Most of my life at schoo I've been really quiet, I don't think I've shared more than fifty words with most of the people in my grade. I have no idea how to go about fixing that, "hi I know we've never talked in the ten years we've gone to school together but do you want to date/be friends?" That's not how you do it, but I have so little social experience that I don't know how to. I also live in a pretty small, semi-isolated town so there's no real chance of meeting someone new.

it's almost midnight why am I venting about my tragic lack of meaningful relationships on smashboards dot com.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Most of my life at schoo I've been really quiet, I don't think I've shared more than fifty words with most of the people in my grade. I have no idea how to go about fixing that, "hi I know we've never talked in the ten years we've gone to school together but do you want to date/be friends?" That's not how you do it, but I have so little social experience that I don't know how to. I also live in a pretty small, semi-isolated town so there's no real chance of meeting someone new.

it's almost midnight why am I venting about my tragic lack of meaningful relationships on smashboards dot com.
I feel you

I was always the quietest kid in class, I found out some people didn't wanna bother talking to me because of how quiet I was, whatever that means.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

I feel ya, bud. People are weirdos.
Why can't we just trade goats for women like the good ol' days?

Noipoi

Howdy!

Social isolation is very familiar to me.

But I’m moving to a new town soon. Good opportunity to make some new friends!

And I’m sure you’ll have a similar opportunity one day too.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
How'd you confuse the Oracle games with the NES games?

Oracle of Seasons was my first Zelda game and it was not a difficult game to pick up as a kid.
Mine was Wind Waker. Never been big on portable Zelda games. Nothing against them. Just never picked them up over Pokémon.
But thank God for the Wii. It let me discover Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. Wind Waker was backwards compatible, and Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were excellent originals.
No wonder the Wii was one of my favorite consoles of all time.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
How'd you confuse the Oracle games with the NES games?

Oracle of Seasons was my first Zelda game and it was not a difficult game to pick up as a kid.
I got those games as stocking stuffers the same year I got Wind Waker and the Collector's Edition. I constantly got lost in Holodrum and Subrosia (Labrynna too if I didn't lose that game pretty early on), which is something I couldn't say about the NES games.

Also, 100% completing a Zelda shouldn't be as complicated as what those games do. If GREZZO ever decides to make Switch remakes a la Link's Awakening, that should be the one thing they change. Make it so that getting all the rings takes one playthrough of each game :yoshi:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I got those games as stocking stuffers the same year I got Wind Waker and the Collector's Edition. I constantly got lost in Holodrum and Subrosia (Labrynna too if I didn't lose that game pretty early on), which is something I couldn't say about the NES games.

Also, 100% completing a Zelda shouldn't be as complicated as what those games do. If GREZZO ever decides to make Switch remakes a la Link's Awakening, that should be the one thing they change. Make it so that getting all the rings takes one playthrough of each game :yoshi:
I want ALL 2D Zelda games remastered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom