• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Truly, you've become wiser with age
Don't get me wrong, I still love 64, but Odyssey just outclasses it in every way IMO so I sometimes feel less reasons to go back to it other than nostalgia.

For as much as SA1 and 2 are hated on nowadays because "lulz sanic teh bad, gaem grump said so xDDD", I legit think they've held up pretty well, and the modding scene on PC is making both of them really good. Like, I consistently play both throughout the year now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Considering I've been seeing people blowing their stimmys on scalped PS5s.... It's all about enjoyment to me tbh. :drshrug:
Can't wait for that scalped Switch Pro 1000 pricetag.

Also, wouldn't it just be called the New Switch like the New 3DS? Or is there going to be some wacky ****?

Last edited:

MooMew64

Only true gamer with a high IQ can realize how rich & deep Big the Cat gameplay is.
View attachment 307255
I oddly enough didn't mind the Big segment too much last time I played back in January, lol. Like, it has it's frustrations, but it's oddly kind of chill.

Can't wait for that scalped Switch Pro 1000 pricetag.

Also, wouldn't it just be called the New Switch like the New 3DS? Or is there going to be some wacky ****?
Word 'round the street is that it's gonna be using DLSS tech that Nvidia's been investing heavily into to achieve 4k when docked and consistent framerate.

And yes, this is all possible: DLSS is absolute wizardy that is being designed by Nvidia to achieve beautiful resolutions and framerates on older, slower hardware. Couple that with an OLED screen and yeah, this thing looks pretty dang spiffy.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm theorycrafting a Smash Bros x Steven Universe challenger pack, and the stage is Rose's Room , which morphs between different places from the series. Right now I have...
  • The Temple
  • Hand Ship
  • Beta Kindergarten
  • Homeworld
  • Spinel's Injector
  • Lapis's Water Tower (Battlefield form)
I need one more, for the omega form. Any ideas?
Strawberry Battlefield?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I oddly enough didn't mind the Big segment too much last time I played back in January, lol. Like, it has it's frustrations, but it's oddly kind of chill.
Dang, really?

Huh

You really are a true gamer among u- ****.
joker just can't.jpg
I almost referenced the thing, without meaning to.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’d be ok with Adventure if all the characters were as fun as Sonic but it’s like, literally only knuckles, aside from that the spaces are super contained for a Sonic game which is fine but making a mistake means you might as well start over because there’s no way you could try that route again unlike the 2D games. Add that with the fact that the majority of Adventure 1 is incredibly slippery, in the same kind of way Mario 64, and I just can’t wrap my head around why it’s so highly regarded.

Sonic Adventure 2 is a vast improvement in most departments but even then a lot of Sonic games has the problem with basically being a memory game. Especially the 3D ones. First time through a level you’re basically just jumping when you think it’s a good idea and then letting the level do most of the work. That’s mainly the reason I prefer Mario 64 to the Adventure games.

Neither of them really even come close to Banjo-Kazooie though. Literally the best 3D platformer of the early 3D era.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Strawberry Battlefield?
That's a really good one, I think I'll go with that.

I really hope Nintendo Selects comes back. These games need to be discounted.
I'd buy ARMS and the Link's Awakenening remake if they were $20, not the $60 they are. PMD DX is another ridiculous one, but my bias for the series made me buy it.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
WandaVision has certainly got the MCU off to a good start considering that 2020 affected a lot of their plans due to the pandemic. There is Falcon and the Winter Soldier coming up this week along with Black Widow sticking to its theatrical release date and then Loki in June as well as the Eternals in November.

On Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings, I really do hope that there will be a first trailer of the film out soon but I think Marvel Studios are playing the waiting game to see whether they can confidently market the film safely. In addition, this is one of the films that I highly anticipate because its the first Asian superhero to be in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I really hope it can get a great reception considering that Simu Liu is a great actor from Kim's Convenience and I believe he can deliver his role as Shang Chi.

I'm also eager to see how The Suicide Squad as I am a fan of James Gunn's work especially with the Guardians of the Galaxy, but we'll wait and see.
2020 affected Marvel fans so bad than 2021 has to satisfy us with 12 straight months of Marvel content...always a godly thing.

No way Shang-Chi can possibly fail, especially with China most likely overpromoting this film

and I will cry Harley Quinns if TSS somehow doesn't end up great. WW84 and it's reaction doesn't help things, but with Aquaman-Birds of Prey (& the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn) being amazing, they should manage to get lucky once more
Lucina?!?!
damn...I was replaced with Lucina
Well, I didn't think it'd be this soon, but...

It all ends tomorrow.

Farewells are always bittersweet, but I'm glad to have been a part of this adventure.
sad duck noise activates...woo ooo

MooMew64

Nonsense, we all know 1-2 Switch is more than worth the $50 price tag :yeahboi:
In hindsight, it's a miracle this console sold when your flagship party game was a game that I could replicate by getting some stock JPEGs off the internet and then shake around a stick I found in my backyard.

Shout outs to Zelda for carrying launch period lol.

...Then again, 1-2 Switch actually sold millions, so I guess never underestimate that human beings will literally buy anything. :191:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There's also this: Samsung To "Aggressively Position" OLED Tech In Console Gaming Space

For reference, this comes after sources claiming the new system would use an OLED screen.

Seems like the pieces really all are falling into place that the Switch Pro is finally coming this year.
Kinda late reply but

while I’ll likely save up for the Super Switch depending on its price and transfer all my data to that one, I may keep my old switch for mods... 👀

just won’t connect it to the internet at all so it doesn’t get banned

D

Deleted member

I actually really like the Big stages as well. Sure, they have issues, but sometimes you just wanna sit back and catch some fish while listening to the music. And then curse at Froggy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Guess this means that the real live action Justice League movie will be worth the 4 hour watch

duxx

Smash Ace
god i just saw the matches that i missed from the mexican swt, and leo was going absolutely ham with pyra and mythra

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Snyder Cut is getting an overwhelming amount of positive reception

https://collider.com/zack-snyders-justice-league-reviews-reactions/

(cause I don’t wanna post tons of articles...but still, good for Snyder and the rest of the gang
I heard the reviews are coming out tomorrow.

Will have to wait and see if it lives up to expectations although I would be rather cautious with some of the early reviews as sometimes it can be a bit misleading at times. Sometimes it does make me a bit nervous at the same time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is anyone elses’ youtube bugging out with the audio or is it just me? It feels like the audio for videos I watch are just ever so slighly desynced.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester Mamboo07 Mamboo07 You asked to see it so you shall be tagged. My concept for "Injustice 3". This is adapted from previous ideas I had for a third installment, but those really got away from me in terms of the amount of content, and a lot of the promotional picks are now woefully outdated. So I decided to re-do it. It's a mix of my own personal wishes, my evaluations of the requests of the community, and characters to promote upcoming properties. There are a few cuts that I imagine some people will not be happy about. But hey, that's just the way the Ermac crumbles. It also sits at 66 characters, much higher then any other NRS roster has ever been. Although I will point out that this total is after a sizeable DLC expansion, and that MK11 is getting pretty up there itself if some of these Kombat Pack rumors happen to be true. I think it's time NRS had a much bigger roster anyway.

First, I will put in all of the characters in list form, then there will be a dedicated tab going over my specific reasons for each choice and how I see their movesets. I will do the same thing for premier skins afterwards.

Heroes
  • Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • The Flash
  • Green Lantern
  • Aquaman
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Lady Shazam (Mary Bromfield)
  • Firestorm
  • Nightwing
  • Batgirl
  • Beast Boy
  • Blue Beetle
  • Zatanna
  • Supergirl
  • Icon and Rocket
  • Static
  • John Constantine
  • Stargirl
  • Booster Gold
  • Robby Reed
Villains
  • Lex Luthor
  • Lobo
  • Silver Banshee
  • The Joker
  • Harley Quinn
  • Catwoman
  • Ra's Al Ghul
  • The Riddler
  • Clayface
  • Cheetah
  • Circe
  • Captain Cold
  • Captain Boomerang
  • Star Sapphire
  • Dr. Polaris
  • Black Manta
  • Merlyn
  • Killer Frost
  • Sportsmaster
  • Vandal Savage
Heroes
  • Peacemaker
  • Bluebird
  • Etrigan the Demon
  • Red Tornado
  • Plastic Man
  • Amethyst
  • Jonah Hex
  • Caitlin Fairchild
Villains
  • Anti-Monitor
  • Mirror Master
  • The Penguin
  • Despero
  • Magog
  • The Batman Who Laughs
  • Black Hand
  • The Music Meister
  • King Shark
Guest Characters
  • X-O Mannowar
  • Judge Dredd
  • He-Man
  • Lion-O
  • Power Rangers
  • Son Goku
  • Ben 10
  • Danny Phantom
I don't think I even need to bother explaining Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman. These are DC's big heavy hitters and will probably never not be in a game. But one thing I wanted to do was to "Unite the SEVEN" by bringing back Martian Manhunter. Him being cut from 2 was one of that games biggest sins. I do not care how much DC is gonna try to push Cyborg as a founder of the league, the seventh member is and will always be Martian Manhunter, and to see him get repeatedly pushed aside is just sad. I will say that I want the characters designs to all be more evocative of their history and not the armored sports padding they got put in in the first two. And for heavens sake give Aquaman back his shirt! If you're gonna make him shirtless at least give him the full beard/long hair Jason Mamoa look to complement it. 2's design was the weirdest possible in-between you could do!
Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Supergirl, Zatanna, Batgirl, Lex Luthor, Lobo, The Joker, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Cheetah, Captain Cold, Black Manta, Killer Frost, none of them really need explenations at all. They're all iconic in their own right, some of them have upcoming projects in the pipeline, and are returning from previous installments. The only one that KIND OF needs an explanation is Nightwing, who's back by popular demand, but that's only to explain how he would adapt the Deadman narrative from the comics, granting him some new additional ghostly abilities in his kit. And choosing his dead skin vs his living skin determines if the announcer calls out "Nightwing" or "Deadman". Now we can move on to the newcomers and some of the more interesting things to explain.
Unfortunately, Billy Batson is dead in the games story. And while bringing back dead characters is not entirely impossible, I think this is just a bit more interesting from a narrative and diversity perspective. It's very easy to say that Mary took over for Billy after his death as the main "Shazam", you could even have the other members of the Shazam family cameo in her super move. Her kit would definitely have some of the best toys from Shazam and Black Adam in the last two games, but blended in a way that makes her more unique. Also, the name Lady Shazam is just kind of conjecture. She technically has not been given a new superhero name at all since the Shazam family rebrand. Lady Shazam is just what the fans call her. Who knows. DC and NRS might still even call her Mary Marvel. They did so in that Scooby Doo crossover team up.
I think BB here is one of the characters I saw get requested the most during the Injustice 2 cycle. So throwing him in here is a no brainier. I imagine a slightly older take on the character, with Greg Cipes reprising his role, but with his deeper Kevin Levin voice to signify the age and feral nature of the character at this point in his life. The design would harken back to his Young Justice Season 2 look where he has some monkey features even in base form to assist in combat. As for his moveset, you know Kotal Kahn's panther move in MK11? It's that, for the entire thing. Effortlessly and quickly switching between animal forms constantly making use of the more advanced tech in modern consoles. His character trait I imagine being a gorilla transformation, replacing his normal form until a timer runs out, and bringing in a few moves from the sadly absent Gorilla Grodd.
Icon was the... well.... icon of Milestone Media, the beloved comic book studio centered around African American superheroes created by the late great Dwayne McDuffie, and Rocket was his sidekick. While the rights to these character have been a legal quagmire for a couple years, the recently announced Milestone digital first comics, their appearances in Young Justice: Outsiders, and the Static Shock HBO Max movie mean that they are probably rife for the picking at this current moment in time. From a narrative perspective in the Injustice story, it actually makes since for Icon's superhero debut to be now. Raquel Erving (who becomes Rocket) convinces him to use his powers to become an "Icon" of the people in place of the fallen Superman (who I imagine going through a sort of redemption arc in this story). I imagine Rocket being part of his moveset in a similar way to how the Turtles assisted each other in I2. Icon's Positron Energy blast powers could also bring in some moves from the sadly absent Starfire.
Another character who I think is one of the most requested since the first installment. In fact, when you say the phrase "Milestone Media" most people probably won't know what you're talking about until you bring him up. He has the makings to be one of the more unique electric characters the studio has done with his static cling powers and his hover saucer. Not to mention he was doing the whole "African American Spider-Man" thing a full 18 years BEFORE Miles Morales even existed! (Look it up, Dwayne specifically called him "an African American version of Spider-Man" when he created him).
Another one of the most requested fighters from I1 and I2, to the point that like Static, he was also designed (at least visually) for the last game. I like to imagine him being like a kind of Magical Rambo from MK11, or at least I used to think that back when I assumed Rambo would have to manually set up all of his traps Villager Down-B style. Like Dr. Fate, even his normals would be waves of magic since John isn't much of a bare knuckle brawler, and he would be able to lay down pentagrams and hexs for area of effect attacks and delayed spells. Also, PLEASE get Matt Ryan to play the character if you can!
A promo pick for the currently ongoing CW show. I think the Cosmic Staff would make for a uniquely interesting playable character and her link to the old Justice Society is much appreciated. I'm debating weather or not STRIPE would be a part of her moveset, or if that would be to similar of a gimmick to Icon and Rocket, but he would definitely be a part of her Super Move alongside other members of the new Justice Society from the show like Yolanda Montez's Wildcat, Beth Chapel's Dr. Mid-Nite, and Rick Tyler's Hourman.
I haven't seen many requests for Booster Gold, but I personally feel his time has come. First off, he is traditionally associated with Blue Beetle, both Ted Kord and Jamie Reyes, the later who has already made an appearance. Secondly, despite not being a "big player" in the DC Universe I can only think of one DC Expanded Universe show in the past two decades that hasn't used him (that being Young Justice, which let's be frank, there's still plenty of time for that). You could even have Johnny Cage's VA play him with him acting as a sort of projection of Cage into the DC Universe, they have similar enough personalities at least. Him manipulating time in a similar manner to Geras would be interesting, and I imagine the tech they used to make Geras's time travel abilities work would function even better on next gen hardware. Plus, he's just a darling! I can imagine him opening up plenty of narrative possibilities as well with the whole time travel thing.
These two share an explanation slot, but they are fully unique and separate characters on the roster. As much as it pains me to leave out DC's Power Couple of Green Arrow and Black Canary, I wanted to spice up the heroes side a little bit, plus they have a baby to be raising. Two if the ending where they're also raising Harley's kid is cannon. These characters as villains however give some other characters rogues galleries a bit more of a highlight and keep their gameplay alive in the roster while also bringing in some of their own unique tricks. Merlyn with his extended swordplay and Silver Banshee with her flight, super speed, force fields, and teleportation.
These next three picks are all proof that I'm not just doing what I personally would want because if that was true there would only be like... three Batman characters TOTAL on the whole roster and there would be way more Green Lantern and Milestone stuff. Ra's is still one of Batman's biggest villains already and his absence has felt a little odd. I imagine an alliance between him and two other characters we'll talk about later (Circe and Vandal Savage) being the primary driving force behind the narrative. He is the one who taught Damian Wayne his swordplay too, so a lot of the absent Robin's tricks could be carried over to the Demon's Head.
Personally, I have no idea how The Riddler would work in a fighting game. He's more of a thinker then a fighter. But he is the villain of the upcoming movie "The Batman", and he's an iconic Batman rogue in his own right. Plus they were able to do Scarecrow pretty well in the last one so... shrugs. Hopefully this will appease the Bat gods.
The one Batman villain I personally want and who will help to fill this game's quota of big muscle boys. He could potentially borrow some stuff from Swamp Thing before him, but I would really want to see them go all out with his fluid body structure and attack in all sorts of unique ways that go beyond just whips and maces and the like. Make him move in a way that was only possible if your body was made of living clay.
We had to have another Wonder Woman villain on here, and Circe is probably another one of the more iconic villains. She could probably use some stuff they previously gave Enchantress and Dr. Fate, as well as her army of Bestiamorphs. I also imagine that she can be revealed as the reason why Wonder Woman is such a ***** in this universe. Circe is either mind controlling her or has replaced her.
I can't believe that both Injustice 2 and now Injustice 3 are being in development around the time that a Suicide Squad movie is making the rounds for promotion. Like... what are the flipping odds? Well, anyway, Boomerang here is one of three characters on the roster to promote that movie, as well as the video game "Kill the Justice League". He's a pretty iconic Flash villain and would be a much more interesting "assassin trope" character then Deathstroke and Deadshot were from a move set perspective.
These games seam to have a rule that there can only be one other colored lantern besides GL, and IMO Star Sapphire should be the next choice. I don't quite know how her moveset would work, but I think she has the makings for a really unique character.
I HAD to have another Green Lantern villain. I just had to. So this time I decided to pick from Hal's earth-bound rogues gallery to highlight a different part of the character's life. I chose Dr. Polaris purely because I'd love to see what NRS could do with a magnetic character. I considered Hector Hammond, but decided he would be better as an NPC, plus I wouldn't want to remind people too much of the Ryan Reynolds movie.
The second "assassin trope" character, borrowing characterization from Young Justice a bit, but also here to promote the Stargirl show. Plus he's a villain with connections to the old JSA comics and since when did anyone think we were ever gonna get that? Well, I suppose Grundy technically counts but... IDK, most people associate him with Batman now anyway. Plus, the sports equipment would, IMO, make for a very interesting moveset, especially if he uses proper form and technique.
While his allies would be Ra's Al Ghul and Circe, I imagine Vandal Savage here being the big bad boss for the game akin to Superman in the first and Brainiac in the second. Wanting to seize control of the earth after Batman shut down the Regime and threw it into political chaos. He's one of the few supervillains who has required the entire League to shut him down in the past, and his status as an immortal means he's got plenty of interesting weapons from across history to use.
I struggled with how to incorporate an H-Dial user, especially when I became fixated on an idea you'll see later on down the line. But it eventually just came to me. Have Robby be the "custom character"! That's what I mean by him being a special case. An in-game character creator using all of what they've learned from Injustice 2 and Mortal Kombat 11, working in much the same way that SoulCalibur 6's does, allowing you to create the custom personas Robby turns into with his H-Dial! The dial has been known to transform users into both men and women, regardless of their own gender, so this still works. And it would still allow the custom character to have an arcade mode story and pre-fight dialogue because it's still Robby from a lore perspective. You could even pick from a handful of voices for the character to speak with when he transforms. I think this is just a wonderful idea, and the SoulCalibur 6 style of borrowing an existing character's moveset means you don't have to go crazy developing a hundred different wacky hero personas yourself. You just let they player do it.
The other "Special Case" character, only this time only referring to the fact that he's the pre-order bonus. In keeping with the pattern they have established of having a big bad boss character who is independent from the main plotline being the pre-order bonus. Thanks to Crisis on Infinite Earths, more people know who he is then ever before, and his godlike powers would allow them to really get creative with his moveset.
Whatever order they would release in doesn't matter. What matters is that these characters will all be added post-game in DLC packs of 6 characters. Two heroes, two villains, and two guests.
I don't know what possessed them to have John Cena play a douchey version of a mostly forgotten Superhero character, and then give that specific version of the character his own show on HBO Max, but I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth and use this as an excuse to include this incredibly obscure darling as a playable character to promote both. His use of both a jetpack and a futuristic laser gun will make for a very interesting character. Maybe Mr. Cena can even find the time to lend his voice to the character here.
Is Bluebird popular? I don't really know. She's mostly here because she was designed for Injustice 2 before being scrapped. I know she uses... apparently some sort of gun... wait, why is that, isn't she a Bat family character? IDK. This is another character I wouldn't have put in if the only audience I was trying to satisfy was myself. So please feel free to tell me what people like about her and if she's actually popular or not.
Now THIS is a guy I was so stoked to see in their concept art and so bummed to see absent from the final product. Etrigan is a centuries old man named Jason Blood bound to a demon from hell named Etrigan by the wizard Merlin. These days he likes to pall around with the Justice League Dark and he has a tendency to speak only in rhyme (to the point where other demons call him "The Rhymer"). Another big strong boy with claws and demon fire whom I think would make a splendid character in a game like this.
Another personal favorite character who has been sadly neglected in recent years. Fujin in MK11 taught us what they can do with a wind character, so I think the time has come for TO Morrow's turncoat creation to finally be allowed to throw down in Injustice! He's a robot with wind powers for Christ sake, he's so ****ing cool! Just please... make him actually look like a robot. Don't give him abs. Seriously old DC Comics artists, why did he have abs!?!
Am I showing my age with these DLC pick? Can you tell I grew up with Batman: The Brave and the Bold and Young Justice? Whatever, who doesn't love Plastic Man!?! He'd be a fun goofy addition with his stretchy powers and hearing Tom Kenny lend his voice to the character again would be just divine.
The princess of Gem World seams like an odd choice to add to Injustice, but she has always intrigued me. I would love it if they used the backstory from those animated shorts of Gem World being a video game too. They could even include it as a DLC Stage! How they would fit her into the narrative I have no earthly idea, but that's part of why she's DLC, so they don't really have to. She's just a cool sword-and-sorcery magical character to spice up the roster a bit. Plus her resurgence in the new Young Justice comics has to count for a bit of cultural relevancy, doesn't it?
With Erron Black now having been done in two MK games, I think it's time they spread a little of that cowboy love to the Injustice side and give us the rough and tumble cowboy bounty hunter from DC, Jonah Hex. I don't even think he'd be that out of place in a game with this lineup of characters, plus he'd just feel really unique and special.
Who? She's the leader of the Gen 13 team from the Wildstorm Comics of the same name. They got their own movie as it happens. I have no idea if it was good or not, but it still happened. I was going back and forth on what Wildstorm character to include, I knew I wanted a Wildstorm character but the label never really had a stand out mascot. Then I found out Fairchild here had actually been designed for Injustice 2, so I picked her. Her only real superpower is super strength, but NRS have made some really interesting stuff from far less, and she has the whole of Gen 13 to back her up.
A while ago I was talking to one of my IRL friends and asked him which Flash villain he really wanted to see in Injustice next, and his answer was Mirror Master hands down. Considering his powers mainly boil down to teleportation via mirrors, I think he has some interesting potential in a game like this. I'm also imagining this one move that he has using his power to turn into glass which can reflect projectiles, but if you hit him with physical attacks in this state he takes double damage because "broken mirrors".
Another character I wouldn't have added if I were only trying to please myself. I, personally, think the Penguin would be a very lame inclusion. But if I'm to get away with one particular character I have later down the line, I decided to throw in as many of these as my conscious would allow. Plus he did look kind of creepy in that Injustice concept art, and I could see his arsenal of trick umbrellas leading to some interesting stuff gameplay wise at the very least.
Despero is a widely known Justice League villain with the ultimate combination of brains and brawn with both his incredible super strength and deadly psychic powers. He's also the only character from that old incredibly obscure Justice League: Task Force fighting game that hasn't made it into Injustice. So throw him onto the DLC pile. Also, through his history on the Justice League, Despero and Martian Manhunter kind of became arch enemies in those stories, J'onn being responsible for some of Despero's most humiliating defeats. So we technically have a Martian Manhunter villain on the roster and the child in me is squealing with delight.
The superhero-supervillain from the Kingdom Come storyline who can control plasma energy via his weird staff-spear thing. I almost put him on the main roster or even as the pre-order bonus so he could tie in to Superman's narrative, since he always was supposed to be a kind of Regime Superman type character anyway. That random as hell callout in Young Justice: Outsiders got me thinking of how he would work in Injustice, so he made it in here as DLC for the third installment.
I've seen a lot of popular support for this guy, and I guess I can't blame them. The idea of Dark Knights: Metal was really cool. And I can't deny that a unique mix of Batman and Joker's abilities with a bunch of chained up Robin-Jokers that he wrangles as part of his moveset would be pretty cool to play as. But he's DLC because how the **** are you going to pull this guy into your story? Plus it would be really cool to see Kevin bring him to life.
What's this? ANOTHER colored Lantern villain?!? But we already have Star Sapphire?!? This is unprecedented! Yeah, who cares? With his power battery staff and ability to reanimate the dead, Black Hand would make an EXCELLENT addition to the I3 lineup. Heck, his super move could even include cameos of Black Lantern versions of all of the dead characters!
I know. I know. I know. I know. But come on!!! This guy is my all-time favorite DC character in the entire franchise. Period. Doesn't matter that he's only made two major appearances and both of them were on TV shows and not any of the comics (as well as two appearences in the LEGO games), I still want to play as him. Just give me this one thing please? I'm just imagining him playing all sorts of musical instruments and dancing for his moves, maybe even have a siren-like brainwashing attack reminescent of Quan Chi in MK9 and MKX. I just really want to play as this guy. While I would love to have the great NPH reprise the roll, the idea of Weird Al Yancovich playing him is also very inticing.
The third character here to promote both The Suicide Squad and Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. Another big strong boy to appease Tyler Landsdown and his shark-like jaws and sharp claws would definitly make for an interesting character. And for those of you thinking it should have been Killer Croc instead, that's his premire skin. Plus it's just cool to have another Aquaman villain on the roster.
Valiant Comics have quickly established themselves as the sixth major player in the comic book world. We already got a Dark Horse and an IDW character in the last game, and with Spawn in MK11 and now Fairchild in this, i think it's safe to say we've given Image plenty of love. So now, we get X-O Mannowar to represent Valient. He'd fit right in with his armor suit and energy construct powers. And for the voice, how about the lovely scottish barratones of Graham MacTavish?
Another iconic comic book character who made the jump to action movies in the 90s. Dredd would make a perfect guest character here as well. Plus, they already go Sylvester Stallone himself to reprise his roll as Rambo in MK11, so maybe have him return to voice... er.... shout, the character of Judge Dredd in Injustuce 2 to show Evil Superman what happens when YOU BETRAY THE LAW!!!!!
I think people have been asking for this guy since that weird Injustice/He-Man crossover comic. So including him as a guest character in the game makes a lot of sense. Especially since the dev team clearly likes to cater to their own 80s/90s nostalgia. I'd say to get the original VA John Erwin to reprise his roll, and he is still alive, but he's also in retirement. Literally. He actually lives in a retirement community. So.... shrugs. Maybe he'd do it for fun?
If there's one thing NRS showed us with MK11, it's how much they love 80s rivals. So if they do He-Man, they gotta do Lion-O as well for some good old fashioned Masters of the Universe vs. ThunderCats action. Especially since Warner Brothers already owns the ThunderCats IP. Obviously Larry Lenny would reprise his roll from the old show, he's already come out of the wood work to voice in pretty much every ThunderCats related project that has been done... ever.
As soon as we saw the Turtles and how they were done, I think everyone was blowing up social media asking for the Power Rangers to be done in the same way. The rangers did later do a comic book crossover with the Justice League, so I think they could probably make it work. I'd also say to get as many of the old Rangers to reprise their rolls. Although one of them is dead so.... maybe that wouldn't work.
Goku: Ready for a rematch?
Superman: Let's end this debate once and for all!
Goku: It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!

That reference actually becomes possible when you find out that WB owns Rooster Teeth, and therefor Death Battle.

But yeah, this is an iconic playground rivalry of kids growing up in the 90s once DragonBall Z made it's way to western shores in 1996. What better place to settle it once and for all? Or at least finally allow the characters to not only meat but also fight each other? I'd be really interested in seeing what NRS could do with Goku.
You've seen my signature. You know how much I want this. These super hero icons of the 2000s would fit right in with this lineup of superheroes in Injustice 3. WB already owns CN, so Ben is no issue. And they've worked with Nickelodeon to do Danny in the past. I don't care how much you love Avatar, I either want BOTH Ben and Danny or neither of them at all! ehem Anyway, similar to Beast Boy, Ben would make use of next gen hardware to allow him to freely switch between his alien forms mid-combo, allowing you full command of his most iconic aliens from all four original shows. And Danny... well, there are no real gimimcks with him. He can walk through walls, disappear, and fly! He's much more unique then the other guy with arrow tattoos! Sorry! I shouldn't be bashing Avatar. I'm just really excited at this idea and would love to see it happen!
Just a rundown of the Premier Skins found in this title. Remember, they change the character's voice lines and appearance into another character with the same or similar powers.
  • Bizarro - Superman
  • Terry McGinnis - Batman
  • Jay Garrick - The Flash
  • Wally West (Rebirth) - The Flash
  • Reverse Flash - The Flash
  • John Stewart - Green Lantern
  • Guy Gardner - Green Lantern
  • Kyle Rayner - Green Lantern
  • Alan Scott - Green Lantern
  • Ocean Master - Aquaman
  • Ma'alefa'ak - Martian Manhunter
  • Captain Atom - Firestorm
  • Livewire - Lady Shazam (If you think her use of the Marvel Family in her super would make this look odd... well, need I remind you of how Black Lightning was used in I2)
  • Batwoman - Batgirl
  • Metallo - Lex Luthor
  • OMAC - Lex Luthor
  • Vixen - Cheetah
  • Heatwave - Captain Cold
  • Mr. Freeze - Captain Cold
  • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz) - Star Sapphire
  • Orion - Peacemaker (they already kind of look alike and while them being premier skins is a bit of a streatch, I think it could still work)
  • Elongated Man - Plastic Man
  • Killer Croc - King Shark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom