• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Know that the DLC campaign as two points where the game basically force you to do sidequests to advance the story.
While on paper it sound quite bad & it's still kinda baffling depending of whome you ask. The actual content sidequests have is generally really good and expand the world, characters & generally make you care alot more to what happen our heroes (as well as rewarding you will good stuff gameplay wise). Which is kinda of a good thing, considering what happen at the end.

Not sure how you should go about it LP wise, but make sure to watch some of the sidequests in the videos, just in case.
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Oh! Also! Been doing a Hikikomori route in Omori. I’ve finished all the Slime Girls quests, I beat Mutantheart and Roboheart, and I just beat Space Ex-Husband first try, so that’s nice. Perfectheart handed my butt to me though, so I ought to grind up a bit for her.
hheeeey, nice, hope some of the fridge horror that this route bring up aren't getting too much on your brain, as some of the stuff I read make you really go, "hmmm, should I really do this or not?", kinda like when you play the Genocide Route in Undertale.

Also....heh

That switch port is going to come any time soon, right?.....right....

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I don't think Pyra and Mythra lost their memories considering their chummy interaction with Poppi upon their revival. Supposedly the game was going to have some sort of bad ending where they didn't come back with their memories but that was cut.
There were people who thought Poppi looked kinda sad when she turns round to face Rex like if they didn't remember. I still loved the ending but same time I would have liked to see a timeskip like Xenoblade 1 as it wasn't really pointed out if the whole Driver/Blade thing was changed.
Didn't feel as clear cut compared to Xenoblade 1. The cut with Rex going to Pyra/Mythra would have been perfect for a direct sequel in Xenoblade 2's world but for a game on it's own it felt a bit off.

If there was a major annoyance I had about anything was the lack of a decent post-game. I really thought for instance that the Cloud Wall in Leftheria would have been cleared up and created a new dungeon/gauntlet thing. Needed more like that or a new area in the new world.
Also Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! glad to see you've enjoyed it even if just a Let's Play.

Yeah, that's why Joker is considered a social commentary.
Thank You! I was trying to find the exact words to what I meant but I forgotten. You have saved me from a headache.

It really is a social commentary and far more in America than most as well as in other countries...............you know the result.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Also Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Know that the DLC campaign as two points where the game basically force you to do sidequests to advance the story.
While on paper it sound quite bad & it's still kinda baffling depending of whome you ask. The actual content sidequests have is generally really good and expand the world, characters & generally make you care alot more to what happen our heroes (as well as rewarding you will good stuff gameplay wise). Which is kinda of a good thing, considering what happen at the end.

Not sure how you should go about it LP wise, but make sure to watch some of the sidequests in the videos, just in case.

hheeeey, nice, hope some of the fridge horror that this route bring up aren't getting too much on your brain, as some of the stuff I read make you really go, "hmmm, should I really do this or not?", kinda like when you play the Genocide Route in Undertale.

Also....heh

That switch port is going to come any time soon, right?.....right....
Yeah, the person I’m watching generally does most if not all of the side quests,so I have no doubt that he’ll do those. Thanks for letting me know, though!
Yeah, that sort of stuff doesn’t really get to me as much as it does some others. Not to say the writing is ineffective, of course. It’s amazing. Personally, Omori’s style of horror and dread is right up my alley.

Also Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! glad to see you've enjoyed it even if just a Let's Play.
Yeah! I usually just watch Let’s Plays of games I don’t have the console for, or games that have gameplay I don’t think would interest me. Some folks say that doesn’t make you a ”true fan”, but I mean, I’m experiencing the game one way or another so I don’t really care all too much if that’s the case.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
There were people who thought Poppi looked kinda sad when she turns round to face Rex like if they didn't remember. I still loved the ending but same time I would have liked to see a timeskip like Xenoblade 1 as it wasn't really pointed out if the whole Driver/Blade thing was changed.
Didn't feel as clear cut compared to Xenoblade 1. The cut with Rex going to Pyra/Mythra would have been perfect for a direct sequel in Xenoblade 2's world but for a game on it's own it felt a bit off.

If there was a major annoyance I had about anything was the lack of a decent post-game. I really thought for instance that the Cloud Wall in Leftheria would have been cleared up and created a new dungeon/gauntlet thing. Needed more like that or a new area in the new world.
Poppi didn't look sad. Hell, she was even having some friendly banter with the two of them after their hug. Granted we couldn't hear what they were saying but Pyra/Mythra's body language gave off the impression that their relationship was indeed intact.

And I'm not sure how the cut at the end felt "off" considering Rex reunited with his "love" and how that's the kind of story Takahashi was going for anyway, but to each their own, I suppose. I do agree that the new world needed a little more explanation, though.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
BTW Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura congrats on being shout-out by Papagenos on his latest video!
Honestly I can’t take all the credit - epicmartin7 epicmartin7 found those adjustments before. I was only sharing those findings

although, whenever they bring up the person who originally found the WoL slots - Mizumi - I’m honestly still disgusted by Mizumi to this day and I’m glad they’re gone

dezeray112

Smash Hero
WandaVision is the last amazing thing to happen for superhero media unless you count DC Superhero Girls The Game...

and Shang-Chi & The Legend of the Ten Rings, despite the lack of attention the movie has gotten, will be a banger in China
and The Suicide Squad will be a godly DC movie...John Cena bias aside of course
WandaVision has certainly got the MCU off to a good start considering that 2020 affected a lot of their plans due to the pandemic. There is Falcon and the Winter Soldier coming up this week along with Black Widow sticking to its theatrical release date and then Loki in June as well as the Eternals in November.

On Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings, I really do hope that there will be a first trailer of the film out soon but I think Marvel Studios are playing the waiting game to see whether they can confidently market the film safely. In addition, this is one of the films that I highly anticipate because its the first Asian superhero to be in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I really hope it can get a great reception considering that Simu Liu is a great actor from Kim's Convenience and I believe he can deliver his role as Shang Chi.

I'm also eager to see how The Suicide Squad as I am a fan of James Gunn's work especially with the Guardians of the Galaxy, but we'll wait and see.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Forgot to respond to this, but Malos is a freaking Chad.View attachment 307222
Jin is a pretty well written villain as well, and Bana also stood out to me, mostly for his voice, haha.
Malos as all the memes power.
797.png
What a guy.

Also, if you liked Jin, the Torna DLC is gonna make you like him even more!..as well as make you hate Amalthus even more (if you disliked him (in a good way) in the first place)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The more I watch Dude, Where's My Car?, the more I wonder what the hell my babysitters were thinking taking 7-year-old-me to see it with them.

Other than that they were already planning to go the night they were babysitting me.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Malos as all the memes power.
View attachment 307225
What a guy.

Also, if you liked Jin, the Torna DLC is gonna make you like him even more!..as well as make you hate Amalthus even more (if you disliked him (in a good way) in the first place)
Oh yeah, ya can’t help but hate Amalthus in the good way. Can’t say he was the biggest twist, but honestly I don’t feel like he needed to be. Also he looks like a member of the Blue Men Group cosplayed as a religious figure.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Poppi didn't look sad. Hell, she was even having some friendly banter with the two of them after their hug. Granted we couldn't hear what they were saying but Pyra/Mythra's body language gave off the impression that their relationship was indeed intact.

And I'm not sure how the cut at the end felt "off" considering Rex reunited with his "love" and how that's the kind of story Takahashi was going for anyway, but to each their own, I suppose. I do agree that the new world needed a little more explanation, though.
Watched it again and you were right. Was a long time since I watched the ending so didn't know where that came from.

And I mean the cut is perfect. Just hoped it would lead to a sequel in Xenoblade 2's world as while it was a bit obvious that the DLC was gonna go for Torna, just felt at the same time it would have been great to see an extended epilogue story. Plus some aspects like if the Blade/Driver relationship was changed, if there were any remains of Earth at all and such would have been nice to see etc.

Man, now I'm just remembering how everyone thought when the game was revealed it was gonna take place some generations after Xenoblade 1. Even try to piece together how I thought the story was gonna go.

Still stand by that postgame idea though about Leftheria. Surprised it didn't happen as it really screamed hidden boss material.

And thought I'd ask you and Metal Shop X Metal Shop X about what guys think if there are any hints about possible story threads from 1 and 2 that could be hoped for in Xenoblade 3. It'll happen. Just a matter of time now.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Watched it again and you were right. Was a long time since I watched the ending so didn't know where that came from.

And I mean the cut is perfect. Just hoped it would lead to a sequel in Xenoblade 2's world as while it was a bit obvious that the DLC was gonna go for Torna, just felt at the same time it would have been great to see an extended epilogue story. Plus some aspects like if the Blade/Driver relationship was changed, if there were any remains of Earth at all and such would have been nice to see etc.

Man, now I'm just remembering how everyone thought when the game was revealed it was gonna take place some generations after Xenoblade 1. Even try to piece together how I thought the story was gonna go.

Still stand by that postgame idea though about Leftheria. Surprised it didn't happen as it really screamed hidden boss material.

And thought I'd ask you and Metal Shop X Metal Shop X about what guys think if there are any hints about possible story threads from 1 and 2 that could be hoped for in Xenoblade 3. It'll happen. Just a matter of time now.
I don't want to speculate too much on what XB3 could be, mostly because I feel whatever we could think probably won't happen the exact way we want, and thus we will probably dissapointed.

That, and if XB3 happen, i'm kinda expecting it to be in a brand new world with brand new characters.
Atleast, for most part of the adventure.
So speculating about any story threads that could be resolve/expanded upon doesn't seem that helpful atm, atleast for me.

Don't get me wrong, if/when XB3 is announce and as like cast of the previous games apparear in the trailers, I will start theorizing, but for now, I prefer waitin' & see what happen next.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
M MooMew64 so I think I got found a shader.

I'm using Sildur's enhanced default, and it gets me to about 30fps, which is fine due to it being a playable FPS. Plus, some of these other shaders kinda ruin the Minecraft look imo.

Just tinkering around for best performance.

D

Deleted member

One thing I need to do today is to go through all of my Yugioh stuff(which I have been putting off mostly cause they’re already disorganized as hell) and I am not looking forward to it -_-

I still need to find a better storage method than just shoving them onto a shelf with neat little organizers.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
M MooMew64 so I think I got found a shader.

I'm using Sildur's enhanced default, and it gets me to about 30fps, which is fine due to it being a playable FPS. Plus, some of these other shaders kinda ruin the Minecraft look imo.

Just tinkering around for best performance.
I use the Ultimate Edition of his stuff 'cause I got a pretty decently meaty PC, but yeah his more baseline stuff is good for performance and keeping that old-school Minecraft look. I could still try to screenshot my shaders settings if you need them, but since we're running different editions IDK if it'll be helpful or not.

Other settings I would play around with are some of the different ones in Optifine and chunk render distance: Lowering these settings and turning on some of Optifine's performance boosting settings can really help make a difference.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
161367449_1363408420681102_6641774274662147913_o.jpg

The gatcha RNG gods blessed me this day, this Yokai has been taunting me the whole game by showing up at the top of the list multiple times when i used the games gatcha mechanics.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I use the Ultimate Edition of his stuff 'cause I got a pretty decently meaty PC, but yeah his more baseline stuff is good for performance and keeping that old-school Minecraft look. I could still try to screenshot my shaders settings if you need them, but since we're running different editions IDK if it'll be helpful or not.

Other settings I would play around with are some of the different ones in Optifine and chunk render distance: Lowering these settings and turning on some of Optifine's performance boosting settings can really help make a difference.
Where can I find Optifine's performance boosting settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom