• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I'll admit, I was slightly salty about Pyra/Mythra's inclusion at first but man...they're so fun.

Mythra feels almost like the unholy lovechild of Lucina and Fox. Her movement feels so fast and weightless and she can frame trap and pressure for an eternity. Then at the ledge she can decide she wants Ganondorf-with-a-sword corner pressure.

And while Squirtle and Charizard each have rushdown attributes, neither are true rushdown on their own and can have trouble with zoners. Mythra might be a legitimate option for a secondary for me, especially since none of the spacies have really been working for me. I know whenever a new character drops everyone claims they'll be picking them up, but we'll see.

Pyra's character design is still really silly though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Why did DC hire this man again?
I was gonna say that he made good movies, but looking at the list of mivies before he got into DC, he only made like 1 good movie and 2 okayish movies, and he was also responsible of the Guardians of Gahoole movie that I haven't watched yet (read the books though).

Guess he's an example of mediocre white dudes making it in Hollywood.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Heh. Imagine if DC and Marvel decided to have a laugh and cast the DCEU actors for the league in their rolls. That would never happen but that would be hilarious.
Or Marvel could cast other people who played those roles - Brandon Routh as Hyperion! George Clooney as Nighthawk! Ryan Reynolds as Doctor Spec... oh, wait.

(Apparently, Adam West voiced Nighthawk in one of the Marvel animated shows, while Power Princess was voiced by Susan Eisenberg, Wonder Woman's VA from the Justice League animated show. Not sure if they've ever done a version where every member was voiced by someone who voiced the DC character that inspired them)

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well, I'm in a pickle. For my video production class, I need to basically redo a title sequence, so I chose the opening number for the Scott Pilgrim movie, only using the sprites from the game instead. Only problem is, how the hell do I storyboard it? I was thinking of just fiddling around in photoshop with the sprites, but I'm worried that turn out as plagiarism. What do I do now?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
D

Deleted member

Well, I'm in a pickle. For my video production class, I need to basically redo a title sequence, so I chose the opening number for the Scott Pilgrim movie, only using the sprites from the game instead. Only problem is, how the hell do I storyboard it? I was thinking of just fiddling around in photoshop with the sprites, but I'm worried that turn out as plagiarism. What do I do now?
I would start by taking an image from each major part of the cutscene and put them in a small organized box, and then decide which to use and which to not. You can draw up a storyboard then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So I watched the final episode of WandaVision and wow what an episode it was.

• So we finally get to see the real identity of this "Ralph" who was mentioned several times by Agatha which turned to be none other than Evan Peters' character.
  • It was also epic to see Wanda transition to the comic version of her costume.
  • At the same time it is really sad that as the hex disappears, so does Wanda's children and Vision.
  • It does make wonder what will happen next as someone had posted earlier since this is setting up for future films from Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Spider-Man: No Way Home and Captain Marvel 2.
  • In addition will we get to see the White Vision back in the future?
  • Whilst it is assured that we will see Monica Rambeau and Wanda Maximoff in future MCU films, I really hope that Jimmy Woo and Darcy Lewis achieve further roles too. For Woo, I could see him set up the Agents of Atlas.
I have a feeling that this may not be the last time we hear from the Maximoff twins. According to an article, Julian Hilliard and Jett Klyne who portrayed the twins in the show were in London back in December 2020 which is rather interesting since Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was filming at that time. So it could be possible that they could appear?

Anyways now that I have seen all nine episodes, I will give my review of the entire series:

WandaVision is a brilliant way to kick-start the MCU after last year (as many of their films and shows were postponed due to the pandemic) and I really have to applaud Matt Shakman's direction and Jac Schaeffer story writing. In addition, I also must praise the strong ensemble cast which include Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany and Kathryn Hahn who all had very strong performances. Whilst I do admit that the first three episodes were kind of slow (but eagerly interesting) it does start to pick up after that where we get a lot of mystery and drama.

Overall rating: 9/10

In addition, this interview back from Age of Ultron certainly aged very well:

Anyways, I look forward to watching Falcon and the Winter Soldier next as it comes in two weeks time.
I just wish there wasn’t a 2 week break...I need all the Marvel they can dish out like forever ago

and the first 3 episodes had to go slow in order to get people warmed up for what would really happen. I’m sure other shows that are 8-9 episodes long like Ms.Marvel will do the same, while the F&WS and other 6 episode series will be strictly all out for each episode. I think that’s a good idea to go with

also Ralph Bohner better make a comeback down the line. This man could become the next Phil Coulsen and Darcy Lewis (not Jimmy Woo tho...since he was already a comic character)
I'd be surprised if they didn't return, given the post-credits scene of episode 9 combined with them being superheroes in the comics.

Also, I finished the Squadron Supreme miniseries. I'd be interested in seeing it as a movie or TV show, but I don't know if there'd be legal issues with using them in a movie. (depending on what point her design's taken from, Power Princess isn't exactly subtle)
Im sure the Squadron Supreme would be allowed for MCU use. They’ve been getting a lot of attention lately (even getting their own event of sorts in the comics), so it wouldn’t be crazy for them to be used...as long as they never acknowledge that one time Power Princess and Hulk were together...or keep them away from one another (even better).
And why the heck did people want to see his version of Justice League?
easy...the one in theater sucked. Snyder Cut may not be perfect, but most of us DC fans will definitely prefer whatever final cut we get to make up for the most disappointing superhero movie crossover of all time (says too much)
He really needs to stay away from superheroes
he did Watchmen tbf, and was a executive producer for both Suicide Squad movies, both Wonder Woman movies, Aquaman, and Shazam (Flash soon as well). So even if he doesn’t direct the movies, Zack Attack has had involvements in a bit of good DCEU movies
If there were any DCEU actors/actresses you would like to see in an MCU role, who would you want?
John Cena as The Thing
Interesting fact actually.

Jason Momoa was originally considered the role of Drax before it was given to Dave Bautista.
best business decision for Drax. All Hail Batista

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Finished the new Tom & Jerry movie and while I enjoyed it I really have one problem with it.

The Music

To me it felt like a over reliance on rap music, which is a genre of music I don't really enjoy so there's that.

Why can't movies that take beloved characters from the past stick to a soundtrack inspired by the original material?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just wish there wasn’t a 2 week break...I need all the Marvel they can dish out like forever ago

and the first 3 episodes had to go slow in order to get people warmed up for what would really happen. I’m sure other shows that are 8-9 episodes long like Ms.Marvel will do the same, while the F&WS and other 6 episode series will be strictly all out for each episode. I think that’s a good idea to go with

also Ralph Bohner better make a comeback down the line. This man could become the next Phil Coulsen and Darcy Lewis (not Jimmy Woo tho...since he was already a comic character)

Im sure the Squadron Supreme would be allowed for MCU use. They’ve been getting a lot of attention lately (even getting their own event of sorts in the comics), so it wouldn’t be crazy for them to be used...as long as they never acknowledge that one time Power Princess and Hulk were together...or keep them away from one another (even better).

easy...the one in theater sucked. Snyder Cut may not be perfect, but most of us DC fans will definitely prefer whatever final cut we get to make up for the most disappointing superhero movie crossover of all time (says too much)

he did Watchmen tbf, and was a executive producer for both Suicide Squad movies, both Wonder Woman movies, Aquaman, and Shazam (Flash soon as well). So even if he doesn’t direct the movies, Zack Attack has had involvements in a bit of good DCEU movies

John Cena as The Thing

best business decision for Drax. All Hail Batista
Speaking AS a DC fan who is well familiar with Snyder's work, it won't be.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One good superhero movie doesn't make up for the others.

Also IMO Shazam! is the only good DCEU movie to date which even then I treat as a standalone film separate from it. Wonder Woman I thought was ok but overrated.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Come to think of it, I think comic book movie stans have the worst takes in regards to movies in general.

Like, I remember people claimimg that Spiderverse would be better if they removed most of the rap, and replaced it with orchestra numbers like ???

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still hold onto the unpopular opinion Peni, Ham, and Noir should have been saved for a later film. Miles, AltPeter, and Gwen were more than enough to establish the whole multiverse thing especially given they were the main focuses. Didn't help too those three pretty much contributing to nothing being just there to show there's a multiverse and not arriving until the third act.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m thinking I might get a Wizard101 membership and play through that as much as I can.

Only issue of course is I’d probably need a buddy or two to help me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Come to think of it, I think comic book movie stans have the worst takes in regards to movies in general.

Like, I remember people claimimg that Spiderverse would be better if they removed most of the rap, and replaced it with orchestra numbers like ???
Yes because if there’s one thing superhero movies have a huge lack of, it’s orchestral scores.

God forbid someone deviate from the norm.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yes because if there’s one thing superhero movies have a huge lack of, it’s orchestral scores.

God forbid someone deviate from the norm.
Honestly, I wouldn't be so annoyed with the take, but they wanted to replace What's Up Danger with an orchestral score, like that would somehow imprive the movie.

The MCU really ruined perceptions and discourse on what comic book films should be.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think it's supposed to be a pun.

...I think.

Unless there's something in Cars I didn't pick up on. :191:
It's just that meme where people assume racism has something to do with racing. Don't worry.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Honestly, I wouldn't be so annoyed with the take, but they wanted to replace What's Up Danger with an orchestral score, like that would somehow imprive the movie.

The MCU really ruined perceptions and discourse on what comic book films should be.
I'm not going to say no to more orchestra but I don't see how the MCU has contributed to music discourse. The response to criticisms of having forgettable soundtracks was to incorporate more licensed music starting with Thor Ragnarok.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Do Pokemon fans really miss the events where they had to go to Bum****, Idaho's great porcupine store to recieve a code so that they can get the item "Arceus's sweaty ass" alongside the new Pokemon "Mega Charizchu Gigantimax X's Vomit"?

I'm just curious.
Man you guys are on a roll tonight. I already feel like a smarter person.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Do Pokemon fans really miss the events where they had to go to Bum****, Idaho's great porcupine store to recieve a code so that they can get the item "Arceus's sweaty ass" alongside the new Pokemon "Mega Charizchu Gigantimax X's Vomit"?

I'm just curious.
I don’t miss having to go to McDonald’s to get a Hoopa code, no.

But I do wish they’d make bonus areas again, like how you got Shaymin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom