• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Do Pokemon fans really miss the events where they had to go to Bum****, Idaho's great porcupine store to recieve a code so that they can get the item "Arceus's sweaty ass" alongside the new Pokemon "Mega Charizchu Gigantimax X's Vomit"?

I'm just curious.
Speaking as someone who doesn't like getting in cars unless I have to:

No. :pikachumelee:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Honestly, I wouldn't be so annoyed with the take, but they wanted to replace What's Up Danger with an orchestral score, like that would somehow imprive the movie.

The MCU really ruined perceptions and discourse on what comic book films should be.
Imagine how much personality the movie would lose if they went with the full orchestral score. What we have perfectly represents the movie’s message of “Don’t do it like me, do it like you”.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm not going to say no to more orchestra but I don't see how the MCU has contributed to music discourse. The response to criticisms of having forgettable soundtracks was to incorporate more licensed music starting with Thor Ragnarok.
While that is true, you also have to remember that the vast majority of them have majority big orchestral numbers (heck, some even after Ragnarok) and since the MCU really set the stage for future superhero films... yeah.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
there are only four MCU songs that I would recognise if I heard them somewhere else

1. Avengers theme
2. MCU title scroll theme
3. Wanda's theme (WV's credits theme)
4. Agatha All Along

four from 24 pieces of content, two within the year. Not particualy great (this isn't counting GoTG/Ragnarok's licenced tracks and the other Wandavision songs, which are fine but i don't particularly remember them).

Last edited:

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Alright, I wasn't too crazy about Pyra/Mythra at first, but after playing around with swapping very often mid-match: this character is sick as ****.
Swapping is faster than with PT, has no cooldown, and most importantly: you maintain your momentum while doing it. I love using Mythra's mobility to get into a good spot, swapping while I'm on the way there, and swinging with Pyra's crazy kill moves. Because of the i-frames of the swap, switching in front of an opponents face when they're in disadvantage and have limited options works as a mixup too; so you can get strings involving both characters at once (which is something PT can do as well, but Pythra feels more built for it).

D

Deleted member

Do Pokemon fans really miss the events where they had to go to Bum****, Idaho's great porcupine store to recieve a code so that they can get the item "Arceus's sweaty ass" alongside the new Pokemon "Mega Charizchu Gigantimax X's Vomit"?

I'm just curious.
The only one I ever did was the Hoopa one and I practically had to beg my mom to even let me go to Mcdonalds in the first place. I wouldn’t do it again, that’s for sure.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
25 minutes and I'll be doing my first miniature theater night at home with a bag of nibs and bottle of Mountain Dew High Voltage.

My second theater movie of this year Coming 2 America!

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, I just spent all my hard earned savings to replace a hammock I broke! :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

WAIT WHAT THE ACTUAL ****
9919064A-8EAD-4D94-A86B-640A3CA5177E.jpeg

I was just trying to go for a pack weapon and then instead hit the 1:100 chance instead

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
TBH her Smash design even looks a little like a Megaman Zero character.

Just give her a helmet and boom, Megaman character.
That's also probably why i use her Pyra alt, to make the comparison to Megaman Zero clearer in my mind lol

I'm just curious.
Honestly? I kinda do, just a little bit.

Made the experience feel a bit more immersive i guess? I don't know if that's the right word for it, but as a kid during the Gen 4 eraconvincing relatives to take me to get these rare event Mons made me feel like i was on an actual small journey, i don't know, the child mind if an imaginative thing. I still have the Shaymin i got around my birthday and 2009 Toys R Us Arceus i got on the lastof it's event, i'm kinda attached to them and try to bring them over to newer games.

I mean, I was able to break into Victini's island without actually getting the code for Victini.

I can't remember how.
Tell me your secrets, i must know.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I'm sitting here collecting Stars to pass the night time in Terraria away. I set up a Skybridge Railway that speeds me to one end of the map to the other. Fun fact; hitting mobs with your cart hurts them. Funner fact: when they die, they explode into beautiful gibs. Funnest fact; Blood Moons make more bodies to blow up.

All aboard the Get The **** Off Me Train.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That's also probably why i use her Pyra alt, to make the comparison to Megaman Zero clearer in my mind lol

Honestly? I kinda do, just a little bit.

Made the experience feel a bit more immersive i guess? I don't know if that's the right word for it, but as a kid during the Gen 4 eraconvincing relatives to take me to get these rare event Mons made me feel like i was on an actual small journey, i don't know, the child mind if an imaginative thing. I still have the Shaymin i got around my birthday and 2009 Toys R Us Arceus i got on the lastof it's event, i'm kinda attached to them and try to bring them over to newer games.
Maybe to you, but my plans were stopped by my mom saying no

Tell me your secrets, i must know.
I played with a friend that I'm 99% sure action replayed his ****, and he had access to Victory Island, so low and behold, my own Victini, and I had unlimited access to the island.

They wouldn't let me back in the tower though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Decided to back to Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy to prep up for Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time next Friday.

Forgot how hard this game could be and why I haven't beaten it yet.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Speaking AS a DC fan who is well familiar with Snyder's work, it won't be.
can't agree or disagree with you, which is good, but we'll have to wait and see once the 4 hour long movie releases. Then we'll known which side the overall reaction takes
One good superhero movie doesn't make up for the others.

Also IMO Shazam! is the only good DCEU movie to date which even then I treat as a standalone film separate from it. Wonder Woman I thought was ok but overrated.
only movie that could really be seen as a "separate" film would be Birds of Prey, but even then it doesn't say much considering Suicide Squad.

but opinions on movies aside, you can't deny the positive treatment Harley and her posse gained. I'll leave put WW84 cause for the most part things have backfired
I'm not going to say no to more orchestra but I don't see how the MCU has contributed to music discourse. The response to criticisms of having forgettable soundtracks was to incorporate more licensed music starting with Thor Ragnarok.
it's become easier to blame the MCU for many things at this stage of life...even when it doesn't relate to them
there are only four MCU songs that I would recognise if I heard them somewhere else

1. Avengers theme
2. MCU title scroll theme
3. Wanda's theme (WV's credits theme)
4. Agatha All Along

four from 24 pieces of content, two within the year. Not particualy great (this isn't counting GoTG/Ragnarok's licenced tracks and the other Wandavision songs, which are fine but i don't particularly remember them).
all the WandaVision intro songs are nothing but bangers...episodes 2 and 6 have the best ones by default of course...also that special song has been "spoiled" and released to the public and used for marketing purposes by Marvel so idk if it really needs to be spoiled anymore

That aside, I'd throw in the heroic Mysterio song, the shorter version of the MCU Spider-Man theme (the long melodies aren't really historical or anything, but getting to the chase works better), and Black Panther as a whole (I mean...come on...oh my **** that soundtrack is amazing) to be just as recognizable

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
People will never skip on an opportunity to use a “wtf” reaction image.
I did...

...anywho Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade you and possibly Wademan94 Wademan94 (inb4 he no have Strikers) should've told me that Kyoto's Jail would have a banger of a song playing even has Life Will Change hidden within the song. The **** is up with this killer soundtrack¿

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I'm just curious.
In a perfect world they wouldn't do Event Exclusives at all.

I do kind of miss the experience of obtaining an Event Pokemon in such ways, as it made them seem all that just more important and cool. But at the same time I also remember all the events I couldn't go to or do as a kid because they were either one day only or only available in the 4-5 largest cities in country or both.

As a dumb kid I openly paid someone on eBay to hack my copies of FRLG. But I also remember getting the Eon Ticket in Nintendo Power in 2003 and having my parents drive me to Toys R Us in 2005 for Mew. lol

I just hope they don't do what they did with Zarude again. I had to download some VPNs and mess around on the Germany Gamestop site to get a code after I never received my Trainer Club letter which I had been receiving since 2014.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wow they really dislike letting us catch X Pokemon huh? I mean, cmon, we've only had three chances to catch them, Elekid, Sharpedo, and Galvantula. When are these Xeno Balls ever gonna be used?
Those areas where the world where the place is glitching out, Like route 5 for example where Aster shows you it., has Spiritomb. These spots have the other Xeno Pokemon and can only be caught by xeno balls.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah. Spent a long while listening to it, then ended up catching it. Take a couple looks to actually notice the detail...sounds like it was done in flute form (not like I know my instruments)
I no have Strikers yet
You will get the game only to get trapped within it...

...and if you buy the Nintendo Switch version then you can enjoy a glorious Persona 5 Stikers Bonus Content app and gain a free Sophia spirit for Smash Ultimate

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I watched the final episode of WandaVision and wow what an episode it was.

• So we finally get to see the real identity of this "Ralph" who was mentioned several times by Agatha which turned to be none other than Evan Peters' character.
  • It was also epic to see Wanda transition to the comic version of her costume.
  • At the same time it is really sad that as the hex disappears, so does Wanda's children and Vision.
  • It does make wonder what will happen next as someone had posted earlier since this is setting up for future films from Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Spider-Man: No Way Home and Captain Marvel 2.
  • In addition will we get to see the White Vision back in the future?
  • Whilst it is assured that we will see Monica Rambeau and Wanda Maximoff in future MCU films, I really hope that Jimmy Woo and Darcy Lewis achieve further roles too. For Woo, I could see him set up the Agents of Atlas.
I have a feeling that this may not be the last time we hear from the Maximoff twins. According to an article, Julian Hilliard and Jett Klyne who portrayed the twins in the show were in London back in December 2020 which is rather interesting since Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was filming at that time. So it could be possible that they could appear?

Anyways now that I have seen all nine episodes, I will give my review of the entire series:

WandaVision is a brilliant way to kick-start the MCU after last year (as many of their films and shows were postponed due to the pandemic) and I really have to applaud Matt Shakman's direction and Jac Schaeffer story writing. In addition, I also must praise the strong ensemble cast which include Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany and Kathryn Hahn who all had very strong performances. Whilst I do admit that the first three episodes were kind of slow (but eagerly interesting) it does start to pick up after that where we get a lot of mystery and drama.

Overall rating: 9/10

In addition, this interview back from Age of Ultron certainly aged very well:

Anyways, I look forward to watching Falcon and the Winter Soldier next as it comes in two weeks time.
I think the post credits captures the setup perfectly. Wanda is going to be somewhat of a villain, with Strange having to try and help her before the Darkhold gets out of of hand. She will be searching all these universes for her kids, ultimately screwing up the multiverse. Leading her and strange to take on the bigger bad, and other messes across the timeline from her actions. Paul Bettany refused to answer any questions yesterday like if Mephisto is involved in the story, so hes aboslutely coming back as White Vision and likely under contract. Strange will probably bring him in to help bring wanda to her senses from the dark magic she now posseses, so they can save the day and get her kids back.

D

Deleted member

I just had some arena matches with some Discord Friends.

I spent an entire match alongside another one spamming the Think You Can Take Me taunt non-stop.
It was glorious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom