• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Spongebob timeline revolves around Sandy
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I can't help but think they forced themselves to do this so people like me would shut up about how Sandy isn't supposed to know Spongebob/live underwater yet.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sooo is it just me or did Elite Smash get a sudden 90% increase in toxic players.

And I mean people playing far more characters than just Pyra/Mythra. The character doesn't matter, I'm referring to behavior.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was watching videos on simulation theory and how it goes deeper than I thought and I've been out of it all day because of it.

i also have been recommended videos on the Truman show. So maybe someone is trying to tell me something

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
After looking into Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection, I decided to pick it up. Some of the difficulty options let you respawn exactly where you died (though that one keeps you from experiencing the full game) or make it so you can take more hits, and it's not like you need to worry about lives (at least on the lower difficulties - for all I know, the higher difficulties make you beat the game on a limited number of lives for that "old school" feel).

I figure that, much like Ninja Gaiden, I want to beat at least one Ghosts 'N Goblins game to say that I have, even if that entry is the easiest one in the series. I've died a bunch, but it hasn't been super frustrating since I have an unlimited amount of lives and checkpoints are pretty frequent.

Platforming over bottomless pits seems like it will be a pain, though - Arthur's jumping is pretty stiff, and some of the moving platforms seem to have patterns that are designed to mess with players. (and that's just in the first level)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ralph Bohner...we will never forget you my good sir...still wish you could've been Peter Maximoff tho

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

We have proof that even Japan thinks weebs and ahegao hoodies are ****ing disgusting lmao

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was watching videos on simulation theory and how it goes deeper than I thought and I've been out of it all day because of it.

i also have been recommended videos on the Truman show. So maybe someone is trying to tell me something
If it counts for anything Simulation Theory is pretty much unfalsifiable.

It's a fun thought experiment but isn't something you should take too seriously.
We have proof that even Japan thinks weebs and ahegao hoodies are ****ing disgusting lmao
You'd think it'd be common knowledge that "otaku" was a derogatory term by now.

D

Deleted member

My guidance counselor just took me out of my study hall to help her organize her office :083: lmao

Certainly not my usual Friday afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Simulation theory is both fascinating and terrifying.

Dacowboykid

Smash Rookie
So who’s gonna astral project all the way to Japan to see the remainder fighters in sakurai’s drawer

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Shroob

Sup?

Someone was keeping statistics on people in the Geno thread. It's creepy
To be fair, so has all of /v/.

I don't wanna fan any flames, but, the Geno thread during its prime was a bit of a spectacle for onlookers tbh.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Took a nap after all that I've done today.

Not really feeling refreshed yet, but I'll still play some Terraria. Need to fish more.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So I watched the final episode of WandaVision and wow what an episode it was.

• So we finally get to see the real identity of this "Ralph" who was mentioned several times by Agatha which turned to be none other than Evan Peters' character.
  • It was also epic to see Wanda transition to the comic version of her costume.
  • At the same time it is really sad that as the hex disappears, so does Wanda's children and Vision.
  • It does make wonder what will happen next as someone had posted earlier since this is setting up for future films from Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Spider-Man: No Way Home and Captain Marvel 2.
  • In addition will we get to see the White Vision back in the future?
  • Whilst it is assured that we will see Monica Rambeau and Wanda Maximoff in future MCU films, I really hope that Jimmy Woo and Darcy Lewis achieve further roles too. For Woo, I could see him set up the Agents of Atlas.
I have a feeling that this may not be the last time we hear from the Maximoff twins. According to an article, Julian Hilliard and Jett Klyne who portrayed the twins in the show were in London back in December 2020 which is rather interesting since Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was filming at that time. So it could be possible that they could appear?

Anyways now that I have seen all nine episodes, I will give my review of the entire series:

WandaVision is a brilliant way to kick-start the MCU after last year (as many of their films and shows were postponed due to the pandemic) and I really have to applaud Matt Shakman's direction and Jac Schaeffer story writing. In addition, I also must praise the strong ensemble cast which include Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany and Kathryn Hahn who all had very strong performances. Whilst I do admit that the first three episodes were kind of slow (but eagerly interesting) it does start to pick up after that where we get a lot of mystery and drama.

Overall rating: 9/10

In addition, this interview back from Age of Ultron certainly aged very well:

Anyways, I look forward to watching Falcon and the Winter Soldier next as it comes in two weeks time.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t understand how simulation theory makes any sense. There’s no proof the AI and whatever we have made can actually match real human behavior and emotion, and as far as graphics and such, even the most realistic CGI tends to be off in some ways.

Even if it was true, would it matter? Apparently we’d have always been like this anyway and apparently souls (or whatever you believe in) can be formed and put into AI so we can all communicate and feel and love etc., big woop.

And I mean, I don’t think the virtual and robotic AI we can make is real as it’s all based on artificial programming that we expect to make them work that way, but if a learning AI robot acted humanlike and was nice and stuff, would you suddenly turn into a bad person acting evil to the robot?

We also have no proof we can literally transfer our being into a virtual world; that’s just science fiction.

Of course, if you believe it though, more power to you, I don’t mean to come off wrong/antagonizing or anything, we all have different beliefs.

To be fair, so has all of /v/.

I don't wanna fan any flames, but, the Geno thread during its prime was a bit of a spectacle for onlookers tbh.
While admittedly some of the thread’s users were way too antagonistic at times, and we really should’ve just ignored trolls no matter how frustrating they were, I don’t think anything in the thread based on my experience makes any of this creepy data gathering and more antagonistic behavior from others (sometimes it being clearly unwarranted even, like some misinfo being spread and claims people expected others to believe without proof and despite what felt like evidence to the contrary, and other stuff) “fair.”

I still remember people being mad at a certain user over something he didn’t say.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don’t understand how simulation theory makes any sense. There’s no proof the AI and whatever we have made can actually match real human behavior and emotion, and as far as graphics and such, even the most realistic CGI tends to be off in some ways.

Even if it was true, would it matter? Apparently we’d have always been like this anyway and apparently souls (or whatever you believe in) can be formed and put into AI so we can all communicate and feel and love etc., big woop.

And I mean, I don’t think the virtual and robotic AI we can make is real as it’s all based on artificial programming that we expect to make them work that way, but if a learning AI robot acted humanlike and was nice and stuff, would you suddenly turn into a bad person acting evil to the robot?

While admittedly some of the thread’s users were way too antagonistic at times, and we really should’ve just ignored trolls no matter how frustrating they were, I don’t think anything in the thread based on my experience makes any of this creepy data gathering and more antagonistic behavior from others (sometimes it being clearly unwarranted even, like some misinfo being spread and claims people expected others to believe without proof and despite what felt like evidence to the contrary, and other stuff) “fair.”

I still remember people being mad at a certain user over something he didn’t say.
All I'm saying is that pretty much the rest of the fanbase online, be it YouTube, 4chan, Reddit, GameFaqs and other such places always gave the thread the strangest of looks. It wasn't uncommon to see people ****ting on you-know-who offsite, which is frankly surprising.

Don't shoot the messenger is all. I had no beef with the thread, but looking around online, it's not hard to find it... frankly everywhere. :drshrug:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I have a feeling that this may not be the last time we hear from the Maximoff twins. According to an article, Julian Hilliard and Jett Klyne who portrayed the twins in the show were in London back in December 2020 which is rather interesting since Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was filming at that time. So it could be possible that they could appear?
I'd be surprised if they didn't return, given the post-credits scene of episode 9 combined with them being superheroes in the comics.

Also, I finished the Squadron Supreme miniseries. I'd be interested in seeing it as a movie or TV show, but I don't know if there'd be legal issues with using them in a movie. (depending on what point her design's taken from, Power Princess isn't exactly subtle)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd be surprised if they didn't return, given the post-credits scene of episode 9 combined with them being superheroes in the comics.

Also, I finished the Squadron Supreme miniseries. I'd be interested in seeing it as a movie or TV show, but I don't know if there'd be legal issues with using them in a movie. (depending on what point her design's taken from, Power Princess isn't exactly subtle)
Heh. Imagine if DC and Marvel decided to have a laugh and cast the DCEU actors for the league in their rolls. That would never happen but that would be hilarious.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
All I'm saying is that pretty much the rest of the fanbase online, be it YouTube, 4chan, Reddit, GameFaqs and other such places always gave the thread the strangest of looks. It wasn't uncommon to see people ****ting on you-know-who offsite, which is frankly surprising.

Don't shoot the messenger is all. I had no beef with the thread, but looking around online, it's not hard to find it... frankly everywhere. :drshrug:
I’ll just say, based on my experience in there and from what I could tell, most of it was unwarranted and it was frustrating. It feels like it boiled down to people treating others as lesser just because they believed in possibilities that admittedly were probably a big reach, but it was still no reason to be huge jerks and treat people as public enemy #1, including the main user people were mad at when their claims had no proof either. All over a videogame, dang.

Of course, some of the thread’s users didn’t act all that much better, being antagonizing to “outsiders” and admittedly I let trolls or other antagonizing users bug me too much too even if I didn’t use rude words and stuff and just argued, and wasn’t sure how to react to some antagonistic stuff in the thread, made me anxious...I know we’re past it now, though...

Besides all this, though, the creepy data gathering of real people’s activity, especially from a stranger, definitely feels inexcusable...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom