• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh come the **** on Chill, giving me four points of infractions because you wouldn't lock or un-delete a thread is pretty ridiculous, especially because it's a foul on your job as a moderator for that.

Is it really flaming if I noticed you did your ****ing job wrong?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Oh come the **** on Chill, giving me four points of infractions because you wouldn't lock or un-delete a thread is pretty ridiculous, especially because it's a foul on your job as a moderator for that.

Is it really flaming if I noticed you did your ****ing job wrong?
Lol four points?

Really now? Is that necessary in any way?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Ult, I think the definition of flaming is pretty clear. If you had an issue with the decision I made the proper response would be to go to forum disputes. Calling myself or any other user stupid is quite obviously flaming.

If you would like to continue this discussion you're welcome to send me a pm. The thread was axed months ago and it doesn't seem like you're over it yet. It's better to talk about it instead of sitting on it until you explode.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Mods should curb excessive behavior, not play by the book.

This is a relaxed board that doesn't need strict moderation.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Is it too much to request the thread to be un-deleted? Xiivi has told me that all that happens when you delete a thread is that it becomes invisible to normal members, but still visible to mods and the like. If you can still see it, I would believe you could still un-delete it.

There wasn't a reason to delete it in the first place, so what reason is there to not un-delete it?

For infractions, I deal with that via PMs with you later.

M.K

Level 55
Is it too much to request the thread to be un-deleted? Xiivi has told me that all that happens when you delete a thread is that it becomes invisible to normal members, but still visible to mods and the like. If you can still see it, I would believe you could still un-delete it.

There wasn't a reason to delete it in the first place, so what reason is there to not un-delete it?

For infractions, I deal with that via PMs with you later.
I can't see the old B/W thread, either. I lost posts too, but meh.

And really? Are we seriously doing this for post count reasons? It's a number that nobody looks at, cares about, and does nothing for you.

>_< I don't think you guys really understand that absolutely no bearing is placed on post count when being considered for moderation or anything of the sorts. Absolutely 0%. If you don't believe me, go ahead and look at Sold2 or Xiivi, both modded with less than 20 posts in their original board/total counted (Xiivi/Sold2).

If this is some type of "see who can get the highest post count" thing, then it's frankly immature to ask for something to be dug up from the grave just so your number can shoot up a few posts. That's a stupid competition, and while your posts may not violoate any global rules, you may gain a notoriety for having content-dearth posts that are solely for the +1.

Based on the current activity of the B/W thread, I'd say there's no reason to dig up a 2nd, more primitive version filled with just the same SPAM, flaming, etc. etc.. There's no reason, and I won't take "post count +XXX" for a reason.

Ulti, it takes 6 points to get you banned. It's no different from having 1 point. Just continue to post respectfully and obeying the rules and those 4 points don't even matter. The only reason you'd be worried about it is if you had the intentions to keep posting how you do. Then it's a problem.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ulti, it takes 6 points to get you banned. It's no different from having 1 point. Just continue to post respectfully and obeying the rules and those 4 points don't even matter. The only reason you'd be worried about it is if you had the intentions to keep posting how you do. Then it's a problem.
The 4 points upsets me because 2 of those I DEFINITELY did not deserve and I know I'll end up getting that reversed one way or another, and the other 2 IDK, but you clearly saw those posts and didn't infract me for them, so it might just be Chill being sort of a baby here. Also it just plain looks bad on my record and if I can make it so, I'd rather not have them on there.

Also strange how you can't find the old thread.... Maybe only Super Mods and Admins can see them...

M.K

Level 55
The 4 points upsets me because 2 of those I DEFINITELY did not deserve and I know I'll end up getting that reversed one way or another, and the other 2 IDK, but you clearly saw those posts and didn't infract me for them, so it might just be Chill being sort of a baby here. Also it just plain looks bad on my record and if I can make it so, I'd rather not have them on there.

Also strange how you can't find the old thread.... Maybe only Super Mods and Admins can see them...
Take it to Forum Support. I have no liberty of reversing or counteracting anything of the sort.

What I will say, though, is that you seem to have a great distaste for moderators in general. I hope you realize that the post would have been completely fine simply saying "The old Black and White thread was closed. What was the reason?". You immaturely modified Chill's actions by saying "Stupidly", then a line of gibberish following, clearly indicating your frustration. You continued this way for several posts. I'm not lying to you when I can literally visualize you simply slamming your hands down on your keyboard in a blind rage, creating that line of spam. These actions make you look incredibly immature. Now answer me this: why, after insulting the moderator in question and acting a fool, would you expect anything to be done for yourself? Some of the most competent, respectful posters are allowed such rights because they go about asking in respectful manners with evidence for their side. You simply stated "My post count was higher then, and Chill is a moron for deleting it".

Let me break it to you: EVERYONE'S post count was higher when it was there.

That's a fact. This is simply a matter of "Does Post Count Matter" and the answer is a solid, definite, compeltely justified "No". Using it as an argument will not get you anywhere. More importantly, using it as an argument in conjunction with immature posting style and moderator insults will put you so far in a corner that you'll be digging your way out with your post count shovel.

I don't mean to be blunt, or rude, but this is really an absolutely stupid thing to deal with at this point in time. Moderators have a difficult time sorting through crap already, and having to deal with this puts a huge damper on getting to the actual spam and what not. Please be a little more respectful to moderators and handle your problems through private means.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
My argument is that deletion of threads and posts, the last time I checked, was supposed to be a "last resort" by any means.

So, if it CLEARLY wasn't a last resort, and all it does is cause negative side-effects, I want the "stupid" action undone because it shouldn't have been done to begin with.

I'm just trying to make sure you guys are doing your job right. If you don't care about doing your job right or not, then you shouldn't be a moderator, that's a general rule of thumb on any forum. I shouldn't have to be worrying about it for you.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Jesus ****ing Christ, no one is going to look through an old locked thread, and no one cares about post count. Meta-Kirby, stop throwing around accusations of people equating post count to worth. No one does that. Ulti, you're not going to change anything, and even if you did, that change wouldn't affect anything.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Thanks, NDayKay and Chill. That makes me feel a bit more comfortable. I suppose so as long as I keep up a steady pace of decent post contributions, I'd have naught to worry about. ^ω^

Oh, some interesting news: I'm not sure this has been addressed already, but in Gen V, it's confirmed the stats, Nature, etc. of a Pokémon egg is no longer set when the old man is holding it. That makes breeding a bit easier, if you ask me, as it save us the trouble of hatching a million eggs for a good Pokémon, which - by extension - saves us the time and effort of constantly having to release the useless ones before hatching some more. ^-^

M.K

Level 55
Meta-Kirby, stop throwing around accusations of people equating post count to worth. No one does that.
I'm trying to increase my post count myself. One of the worst feelings for me is newly joining a forum; because I have to start from 0 - though I'm sure the following is merely paranoia (for lack of a better term) - I often feel that people may not take me (or other new people) as seriously as, say, those with 5,000+ posts. Makes me feel like I'm being viewed as a noob without actually being a noob.

Yeah, I always get like this, and I'm sure I'm just paranoid when it comes to being new, but in the end, I guess I would feel more comfortable if I could get - at the very least - 1,000 posts.

Just thought I'd come out in the open and get this off my chest = ω =
Perhaps the fact that a "new" Black and White thread does not exist, maybe?

But I'm into high numbers, especially in Physics. That's why I NEED THE HIGHEST POST COUNT EVA.
Oh man after Chill stupidly deleted the old Black and White thread and I lost 600 of my posts I'm going to get my 6000th post a SECOND time now pretty soon!

sdfawtghawnsjksngkjasngslkjfdbgaslkjgbsfdkjghsfdjgdsflkjghateyouchill
Yeah, no, this doesn't give off that impression at all, right?

Drop this topic entirely. Anything can/should be handled in a private setting. PM me if you have further things to share.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero

Drop this topic entirely. Anything can/should be handled in a private setting. PM me if you have further things to share.
I want to get this off my chest.

1: You, as a moderator, take things FAR too seriously.
2: You, as a moderator, can sometimes act like a prick.
3: You, as a moderator, need to learn when to take the high ground and when to actually argue. There is a difference from discouraging unwanted discussion compared to flat-out saying "Shut up, I will not allow discussion of this here."
4: You, as a moderator, should take a leaf out of other moderators' books when they say that moderation is not really something to take seriously. You are a fireman, not a police officer. You aren't tasked with holding back the chaotic hordes, you are tasked with cleaning up a bit of clutter when it shows up.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

I don't think you understand the concept of post count equating worth.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Dear god, this is such a STUPID argument.

For some reason, the fact that any of you care about your post count in the slightest really bothers me, and I don't know why.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo

For some reason, the fact that any of you care about your post count in the slightest really bothers me, and I don't know why.
I agree 100%
could you stop arguing with the mods, or your gonna end up getting the snorlax room closed again :/

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

The fact that Meta-Kirby thinks we care, is by fair the greater term bothering us.

Also, nice size 12 bold and underlined "stupid," right there.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I didn't think the whole post count argument would linger this long. The whole thing is rather petty in hindsight. We ought to just conclude it and move on, keeping this thread as peaceful and laid back as intended. >__>

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
MK's right, drop this topic. This is a social room, not the place to publicly complain about moderators and their policies. If you've got a complaint, either take it to VMs/PMs or take it to Forum Support.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I didn't think the whole post count argument would linger this long. The whole thing is rather petty in hindsight. We ought to just conclude it and move on, keeping this thread as peaceful and laid back as intended. >__>
No worries, we weren't complaining, merely speculating theories. I believe Firus is referring to UltiMario and Meta-Kirby, not his posts regarding our attitudes.

Wrath`

Smash Master
What is this I don't even............

I think e need to just relax, also I don't see why we need three mods anyway, 2 was just fine (waits for Infraction point)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
MK's right, drop this topic. This is a social room, not the place to publicly complain about moderators and their policies. If you've got a complaint, either take it to VMs/PMs or take it to Forum Support.
I really, REALLY would, except EVERYONE (even other mods I've talked to >.>) know that these methods don't do a god**** thing. Last time shenanigans happened in the PC I went to forum support before posting what I thought in the actual PC. Nothing happened. I go to the actual PC and get reaction.

I WOULD LOVE TO DO THE "RIGHT" THING TO MAKE THE MODS DO THE "RIGHT" THING BUT WHEN I DO THE "RIGHT" THING NOBODY LISTENS TO ME. :/

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think having some sort of panel of members from the PokeCenter and having a legitimate discussion with Firus, Chill, and Meta-Kirby is the only viable method I can see that could help solve the disputes. The panel would obviously represent the community and their output / views on certain situations such as these. While the three Moderators are self-explanatory. Otherwise if we don't settle this **** once and for all it will always come back with due time. I don't really see another way through this. I do not consider getting new Moderators as a viable method.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You know what's hilarious?

From what I can gather, the whole postcount drop situation could only really stem from a hard deletion.

Mods are incapable of hard deletion (trust me I've tried), so hurling all the blame at them isn't really going to solve anything, although even if they had done it, you shouldn't be acting how you are.

There are channels to go through to get your voice heard, and there are ways to make a point. Jumping out with your flamethrower on full blast isn't going to get you anywhere. What gets you answers and the cooperation you want is either polite enquiry or deceptive coercion, and I'm sure everyone here is capable of at least one.

So yeah, Poké Center mad, but then since when weren't you guys kicking up drama?

Edit: Tery, nothing needs to be discussed with them, you guys have obviously shown yourself incapable of civility.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
We didn't kick up drama since the incident with Meta-Kirby and I during late July / early August. Not all of us may be as (I'll refer to it as being) "straightforward or harsh" when it comes to discussing terms with the Staff. I've talked to Mods on numerous cases about issues on a non-offensive level. Just because one is viewed as such does not mean the entire community is as well.

Well then if that's the case then you Staff believe in no effort in trying to reach the community. What happens if you try? I do hope you're not afraid or trying merely because we're "uncivil" through some social room "yelling / arguing."

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
hurr durr look at me opposing oppressive government because government has laws

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm not even staff so I don't have to reach out to ****.

And straightforward is different to inflammatory, I'm straightforward a lot, but I don't insult people directly. (I guess I do it subtly pretty often though, but it's all in the wordplay).

Mods do try to engage in the community, what's hilarious is that the mods for your room ARE part of your community, and these particular mods were just vanilla until not so long ago (minus Chill's encore).

What you guys need to realise is that

a) Your mods aren't even responsible for what happened here (it's an impossibility)
b) Even if they were, you don't consistently continue to attack them
c) Forum Support is your channel of complaint, trust me it works.
d) Being courteous, even if completely insincerely, gets you what you want more often than being verbally aggressive. You know "Give me some ****ing answers you ****" vs "May I have an explanation?", take your pick as to which you'd prefer. Being straightforward is admirable, but you can be straightforward and civil.
e) You are all diseased.

Mewter

Smash Master
Thanks, NDayKay and Chill. That makes me feel a bit more comfortable. I suppose so as long as I keep up a steady pace of decent post contributions, I'd have naught to worry about. ^ω^

Oh, some interesting news: I'm not sure this has been addressed already, but in Gen V, it's confirmed the stats, Nature, etc. of a Pokémon egg is no longer set when the old man is holding it. That makes breeding a bit easier, if you ask me, as it save us the trouble of hatching a million eggs for a good Pokémon, which - by extension - saves us the time and effort of constantly having to release the useless ones before hatching some more. ^-^
So now we can soft-reset with an egg? :O

And RNG abusing will be easier on eggs, right?
:bee:

Edit: What is up with the new smilies.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm not even staff so I don't have to reach out to ****.
I wasn't referring to you, but the PokeCenter Moderators.

And straightforward is different to inflammatory, I'm straightforward a lot, but I don't insult people directly. (I guess I do it subtly pretty often though, but it's all in the wordplay).
Once again - the actions / attitudes of one of even a few members do not sum up the actions / attitudes of the entire community, and yes, that's including the Moderators.

Mods do try to engage in the community, what's hilarious is that the mods for your room ARE part of your community, and these particular mods were just vanilla until not so long ago (minus Chill's encore).
Don't exactly know what something being vanilla is so I can't respond to that. XD

What you guys need to realise is that

a) Your mods aren't even responsible for what happened here (it's an impossibility)
b) Even if they were, you don't consistently continue to attack them
c) Forum Support is your channel of complaint, trust me it works.
d) Being courteous, even if completely insincerely, gets you what you want more often than being verbally aggressive. You know "Give me some ****ing answers you ****" vs "May I have an explanation?", take your pick as to which you'd prefer. Being straightforward is admirable, but you can be straightforward and civil.
e) You are all diseased.
[/COLOR]
a) Actually, I see Meta-Kirby vs. UltiMario a couple posts up / back.
b) See section II of my reply.
c) I understand that, but at that point I think UltiMario felt he could discuss what needed to be discussed here and not go to Forum Support and ask the rest of Staff.
d) See section II of my reply.
e) Humans are all failures. That's simply a fact of life.

Enzo

Smash Lord
*flame-shield on*
Mods = humans
humans= *******ES
Mods=humans=*******ES

and on post count
anyone who says it doesn't matter is really dumb.

If it didn't why would it be public to ALL users and not only mods/admins

obv

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
He didn't delete it, he Rubbish Binned it.

Brb gonna reply to Tery in a bit.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That's just going to lead back to the Staff going "See? These PokeCenter ******** just want their post count hohoho!".

And then we'll be even more "uncivilized" than we already are.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That was pretty old news, Mewter, lol.

@Tery: Unfortunately, there's a small problem with that.

That statement does not take into account anything questionable related to a moderating team.

What happens when the actual community is right? Well, last time I checked, mods also don't want to be wrong, which causes... issues when resolving things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom