• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewter

Smash Master
I do believe they are jolly ol' friend. It's been a while since we've last chatted, care for some tea?
That sounds most refreshing!

How bout some crumpets to go along with the tea?
I believe I have some stashed away in the boot of my automobile!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I wasn't referring to you, but the PokeCenter Moderators.
Even still, why should they "reach out"? The **** does that even mean? They are part of your community, and they always were, as I recall quite integral members. Now that they have responsibilities and cute red names, some of you feel it's nice to turn them into target practice. It's not exactly very nice.

Once again - the actions / attitudes of one of even a few members do not sum up the actions / attitudes of the entire community, and yes, that's including the Moderators.
I wouldn't say that if I hadn't witnessed how many of you can drum up this sort of bull**** in the past. I've lurked, and petted among other things, don't worry, I don't pull statements out of my ***, although even if I did I'd still sound intelligent imo.

:denzel: <-- See look I got my own smiley *****s.

Don't exactly know what something being vanilla is so I can't respond to that. XD
Vanilla means plain/normal, as in they were normal members. Comes from the idea that vanilla ice cream is the plain flavour etc etc.

a) Actually, I see Meta-Kirby vs. UltiMario a couple posts up / back.
I'd rather watch lesbian pensioners.

b) See section II of my reply.
Nah it's cool bawss.

c) I understand that, but at that point I think UltiMario felt he could discuss what needed to be discussed here and not go to Forum Support and ask the rest of Staff.
Forum Support doesn't have to be an EXTREME. It was changed from Disputes to Support for a reason. Forum Support is usually the best at solving problems, because it goes right to the top and can branch back down where necessary.

d) See section II of my reply.
You spam that more than Wong Fei-Hung does the shadowless kick.

e) Humans are all failures. That's simply a fact of life.
Speak for yourself.

Even if so, can't it still be undone?

If it can, then just doing so would solve the entire argument. Not doing it would be just plain stubborn.
Do you want me to try my brand of magic for you? If you play nice and stop, I'll do my best for you.

I can't guarantee anything, but I can assure you I'll try, and I'm usually good at getting things done.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Do you want me to try my brand of magic for you? If you play nice and stop, I'll do my best for you.

I can't guarantee anything, but I can assure you I'll try, and I'm usually good at getting things done.
I'm not sure if you're joking or not, seeing as it really is in that sort of tone, but I'll assume not for the sake of this.

Yes, I would appreciate it if you could get the thread back, and if you do, I won't bring more argument into the Poke Center about this.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm not sure if you're joking or not, seeing as it really is in that sort of tone, but I'll assume not for the sake of this.

Yes, I would appreciate it if you could get the thread back, and if you do, I won't bring more argument into the Poke Center about this.
Why would I lie to you, cupcake?

I'll get on it.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I love how I'm not part of that thread at all.

AT ALL.

Not giving much of a **** about anything that really happens on this board is wonderful.
Like this guy already, would definitely buy him a drink.

Why am I still awake?

Heh you don't wanna know

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I wonder why I don't post here very much, but this gives me a great reminder. We're nothing more than a bunch of stuffed shirts who like to talk about how important we all are, treating this as if it were more serious and important than it actually is.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Wow, a couple of hours of wi-fi matches and I missed the flare show? Meh, I suppose if the fuel for the flames has gone dry, this thread can finally get back to stable condition again (if it hasn't already).

To think, one itty bitty complaint over a post count could conjure up bedlam and madness. Goes to show if you sneeze in the serenity and stability of the primordial ooze, something wild will surface be it good or chaotic.

I hope you all can learn from this. Had I looked back several pages to realise a flame war was going on, I'd have brought a thermal suit whilst treading with utmost caution... but alas, I was oblivious, though thankfully, few (myself included) only suffered hot air to the face.

I'll conclude this post by saying this:

"Look, in hindsight, it's the internet. You can't get worked up over someone or some people you know not from a hole in a wall, who's sitting behind a computer on the other side of the world in Carajo Land. Just learn not to take petty things to heart. So as long as it affects not your personal life or well-being, then why should you care?"... I can't think of anymore to add. It's late, so I shall retire for the night soon. Let's all have a nice, random, war-free board... really...

P.S. I like how the name of the thread was suddenly changed... though I still liked "The Snorlax Thread" better. XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Is this the pokemon general discussion? The title change is throwing me off :dizzy:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Only 1am here :awesome:

But i just got back from smashing, so i like to cool down before bed with more smash talk

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Only 1am here :awesome:

But i just got back from smashing, so i like to cool down before bed with more smash talk
Small world. Same here. I just had a blast with Cherry64. As fun as wi-fi battles are, the lag is infinitely frustrating. I've come to the conclusion that I'll never get used to the lag... winning mostly with a little luck than anything else. >__>

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
i was at an irl smashfest playing __X__ in random friendlies all night long

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
i was at an irl smashfest playing __X__ in random friendlies all night long
Sounds fun. All I did all day since morning was Brawl. I Brawled my cousin, Level 9 CPUs, and fellow smashers on wi-fi. I didn't get any sketching done. Now I'm oh-so exhausted. XD

EDIT: Well, I'm gonna call it a night... err, early morning at this rate. Good night, fellow smashers and Pokémon trainers. ^ω^

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
When did the Pokemon Center become the Whiney Butthurt Center?

/leaves
When I responded to Meta-Kirby in this thread in late summer.

I love how I'm not part of that thread at all.

AT ALL.

Not giving much of a **** about anything that really happens on this board is wonderful.
At times I wish I was like that.

TL:DR version - I apologize for not being the right type of PokeCenter member, I guess? I'm sorry for fighting with Meta-Kirby over the whole "postbit" thing when I really used defaults to match my avatar. I'm sorry this has gone straight downhill from there, or perhaps at an incline. I'll continue to try and help everyone solve these disputes and bring the old PokeCenter back. I promise.

But like, I'm seriously sorry, and I genuinely want to help fix things.

Regards,
-Terywj-

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Does that mean - other than the change of this thread's name - everything WILL return to normal in, like, right now? I know I may not have been apart of the chaos, but extended periods of bedlam and flame fandago parties does give even me a headache. :\

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Wow, I came back from a lot of work to a big hissy fit. So like, to the guy who said nature/stats/etc are not set, you are wrong.

Everstone on Female passes down Nature 50%, as for stats Idk. Be glad it does that though, as if it didn't, it'd be impossible to breed good Pokemon.

As for everything else, it's just a forum... I used to like it here, but you guys seem to be engrossed in such trivial matters. (Please don't flame me, just a thought)

Oh, and does anyone here play Monster Hunter Tri?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Wow, I came back from a lot of work to a big hissy fit. So like, to the guy who said nature/stats/etc are not set, you are wrong.

Everstone on Female passes down Nature 50%, as for stats Idk. Be glad it does that though, as if it didn't, it'd be impossible to breed good Pokemon.
It's been confirmed that the stats are not set while the old man is holding it. The stats (including whether or not Natures/Dream World Abilities are passed down) are calculated in after actually receiving the egg. Trust me, I wouldn't post things if I wasn't sure of it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Stats yes, but people have tested (Kofu included) about the nature. Nature passes down 50% if E-stone is on Female.

Now, I'm not totally sure about IVs, but I know in 4th gen games, the parents passed down 1/2 of the ivs; the other half RNG. Dunno if thatis the case on that, but yeah.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Stats yes, but people have tested (Kofu included) about the nature. Nature passes down 50% if E-stone is on Female.

Now, I'm not totally sure about IVs, but I know in 4th gen games, the parents passed down 1/2 of the ivs; the other half RNG. Dunno if thatis the case on that, but yeah.
I understand that. What I'm trying to say is that all of those things are not calculated in until after (keyword: after) receiving the egg from the day care man. Before, the stats were calculated as soon as the day care man had the egg in his hand. That's the point.

Also, in Gen 5, males can now pass down Natures with the Everstone, not just females anymore.

EDIT: Looks like the thread name of "The Snorlax Room" has been restored. Hopefully, that means an absolute ceasefire. ^ω^

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know, I just remember why exactly 90% of the reason I stopped posting in the PC (or at least everywhere else that's not the PC)

It's annoying as hell to have you people argue over something as stupid as post count

Hey, I know I was irritated by the deletion of the thread as well, but that's just because my tourney was delayed, but you know what, I got over it

Seriously people, it's a ****ing number that has no effect in ANY of these boards. Stop complaining already. Hell, this is just making us look even more childish to the mods and it'll just make them take us less seriously.

No wonder I hear this place has more drama than the Peach boards :/

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I understand that. What I'm trying to say is that all of those things are not calculated in until after (keyword: after) receiving the egg from the day care man. Before, the stats were calculated as soon as the day care man had the egg in his hand. That's the point.

Also, in Gen 5, males can now pass down Natures with the Everstone, not just females anymore.

EDIT: Looks like the thread name of "The Snorlax Room" has been restored. Hopefully, that means an absolute ceasefire. ^ω^
So what you are saying is...

Get Egg > If right nature (pre-determined I belive), check ivs > Reset Game and try again.

We can SR instead of hatching 100+ eggs. Ahhhh....So IVs may still be passed down from parents, but the point is it's caculated on hatchsite. Dude that's epic for me.

Is this what you mean? (sorry for confusion)

You know, I just remember why exactly 90% of the reason I stopped posting in the PC (or at least everywhere else that's not the PC)

It's annoying as hell to have you people argue over something as stupid as post count

Hey, I know I was irritated by the deletion of the thread as well, but that's just because my tourney was delayed, but you know what, I got over it

Seriously people, it's a ****ing number that has no effect in ANY of these boards. Stop complaining already. Hell, this is just making us look even more childish to the mods and it'll just make them take us less seriously.

Wait? What's wrong with the Peach boards? And, I agree, but I also remember when you were trying to get yours up to Terrys :p

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

You ought be careful with posts containing aggressive overtones: it's a tinderbox explosion waiting to happen. I'm sure everyone here finally gets it, so let us all put this whole thing behind us.

The Peach boards, you say? I must see this to see if they "PMS" as bad as Peach herself in Super Princess Peach (I love that game, by the way). XD

And yes, Shimazu, that's exactly what I mean! Though not neccesarily on hatchsite more than the moment you actually receive the egg from the old man. >ω<

Wrath`

Smash Master
I love how one argument in the past 6 months makes it seem like the PC argues every other day. Now both sides of the argument seem dumb to say the least.

Lets just get back to the competitive side/breeding side/wifi sides we were all on.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I love how one argument in the past 6 months makes it seem like the PC argues every other day. Now both sides of the argument seem dumb to say the least.

Lets just get back to the competitive side/breeding side/wifi sides we were all on.
My thoughts exactly.

Another confirmed piece of data, is that the new EV-increasing feathers increase their respective stat EVs by 1. Unlike vitamins, which have a 100 EV limit, the feathers can go up to the 255 cap, which allows for properly EV raising TRU Arceus, or TRU Regigigas... albeit very slowly.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Huh, what is this TRU Regigigas? He was completely legally obtainable within D/P.

As for Arceus, well there's a beast to be unleashed, but some are saying that we should count every plate form as a different Pokemon, as some say Physic or Poison type would not be Uber.

pickle962

Smash Lord
*looks at recent pages* Whoa, Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Everybody here needs to take a chill pill. So what if you have say...10,000+ posts to your name, it doesn't matter. Like Chill said earlier, you can have a very low post count and become a mod just because you're smart and only post when you have something to contribute...Think about it, It's like hiring someone to work for your company. Would you rather hire a smart guy who's trustworthy and knows exactly what he's doing, or would you hire some dumb*** from the ghetto who could care less about the rules and policies? Also, just because you've been infracted a few times doesn't mean you won't ever become a mod, or a Broomer, or a backroom member, or well I think you guys get the picture...I mean C'mon, I'm sure most of the cool kids here who are a somebody on these forums( mod, Admin, Broomer, etc.) probably started out as stupid immature 10-12 year olds, (Then again, Didn't we ALL start out that way?) but once they cleaned up their act and started making intelligent posts and started giving back to SWF, then people started taking them seriously and they were rewarded greatly for their good behavior...My point is, the door to redemption is always open no matter what and I think that goes for everybody;) Now let's get back to talking about Pokemon shall we?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wait? What's wrong with the Peach boards? And, I agree, but I also remember when you were trying to get yours up to Terrys :p
God****it Shimazu, that was just more to beat Tery at something than anything XD. Besides, I've stopped posting as much as I used to... I blame the DR >_>

You ought be careful with posts containing aggressive overtones: it's a tinderbox explosion waiting to happen. I'm sure everyone here finally gets it, so let us all put this whole thing behind us.
I assure you my post was not trying to burst an argument. The fact that I cursed in it is nothing new. Trust me, I do that like in every one of my posts XD

Also, Ulti, you need to calm the **** down. Most of the arguments in the PC start because of you anyways (the SR closing down, CRASHiC, etc.). If you need to debate, for the love of God think of your argument through and take a couple of deep breaths before you say something. I agree with you that the thread shouldn't have been closed in the first place, but I dealt with the inconvenience and then got over it.

(besides I don't really want the thread opening up again because then it'll ruin the 9001th post I had in mind for my tourney)

EDIT:

**** NO I ****ING HATE YOU XIVII WHY THE **** DID YOU HAVE TO OPEN UP THAT THREAD YOU RUINED MY TOURNEY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(I still <3 you though, i just :mad: @ u

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Alright so... under the assumption IVs are passed down in sets of 3 (Power Item + 2 randoms):

Save before you get the egg > See if it has the right nature > Check base stats.....which involves wifi... 100 IV battle..which means you SAVE.

This is pointless news :/ Breeding will still be the same XD

@ Roach (Why did you change your name D:): I don't know, but celebrating a post count seems? :p I'm really just giving you a hard time. Also they added the posts back I think. Really though, you are right. People should be calm.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Huh, what is this TRU Regigigas? He was completely legally obtainable within D/P.

As for Arceus, well there's a beast to be unleashed, but some are saying that we should count every plate form as a different Pokemon, as some say Physic or Poison type would not be Uber.
Oh, believe me, Arceus is uber in all Formes. Its Poison and Psychic Formes may not be threatening in the Uber tier, but with 120 base stats across the spectrum, it will raze all other tiers into the ground without question.

As for TRU Regigigas, they had an event for one that allowed access to the other three Regis in Platinum. Said Regigigas was given away at level 100, making proper EV raising impossible in Gen 4 for those who wanted to raise it for the sake of doing so.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I must laugh as I think the old thread just got unlocked, as my post count went up by 100ish post and Fulbi is now well OVER 9000!!!!

I see about TRU Regigias, but is there really any difference from a lv70 and a lv1 Regigigas? In terms of EV training you would still hit 255 in any stat regardless of 100 Vitamins cap wich is unlike lv100 TRU Arceus.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm sad... I didn't get to experience my 9001st post as I would've liked to enjoy it...

You know what, I'm so pissed I'm seriously considering just canceling the ****ed thing and just spend the prize on myself or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom