• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
But... 10000 is nothing like 9001. 10000 is so bland compared to 9001 ;___;(no I don't actually care about post count, but that number was so pretty and that tourney was to commemorate that number :'()

EDIT:

I got what I wanted though.

Now be a nice Fuelbi and tell the PC about my two week room ban, won't you?
I'm so pissed at you at this point I think you really deserve that ban

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Alright so... under the assumption IVs are passed down in sets of 3 (Power Item + 2 randoms):

Save before you get the egg > See if it has the right nature > Check base stats.....which involves wifi... 100 IV battle..which means you SAVE.

This is pointless news :/ Breeding will still be the same
Not neccesarily. If you remember the IV guy in Gen 4's Battle Tower, he rates the "potential" (IV total) of your Pokémon. You could use his rating as a decent estimate of the Pokémon's IVs overall. He even tells you the stat(s) with the highest IV, so it's not a total waste. And yes, he's confirmed to be in Black/White.

I see about TRU Regigias, but is there really any difference from a lv70 and a lv1 Regigigas? In terms of EV training you would still hit 255 in any stat regardless of 100 Vitamins cap wich is unlike lv100 TRU Arceus.
In hindsight, no, there is no difference. Though for some people (myself included), it's still nice to know I can have another Regigigas with a viable set different from the others to work with. Not to mention it gives it some use other than taking up space... even though that's what almost all Regigigas does anyway. XD

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well unless something happened in Staff Support that I don't know about, I really don't think a lackluster flame/important ideas war constitutes a 2 week room ban. But what can one do. Geeze we get our posts and we lose a respected member. Less respect by some now.

@Soldiviner, I see, I guess since I don't participate in Competitive Wifi it wouldn't matter to me what regigiagas I had.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Fuelbi If posts don't matter, why would 9001 matter

It makes no sense.

@ Souldiviner; I'll probably stick with the norm method, just because he isn't 100% on all stats, but yeah I can see its uses.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Because man, because

If you haven't told by my avatar, I'm a REALLY BIG DBZ fan. That should be enough reason why I wanted it to be specifically 9001

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Oh my. Sorry for ever doubting you, and since you like DBZ and are not talking about Naruto, you get cool points. (I don't hate Naurto, I hate the direction its taken)

DBGT sucks though.

Super Saiyan 3, no eyebrows, no service.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@Soldiviner, I see, I guess since I don't participate in Competitive Wifi it wouldn't matter to me what regigiagas I had.
Yeah, I'm temporarily retired from competitive Pokémon. I'll probably get back into it hardcore when Black/White comes to the states. Hell, I pre-ordered and paid in full for White, so I may as well.

Oddly enough, I've never entered any of the VGC tourneys due to money issues and lack of travel. I hope to change that next year, because I've always wanted to attend. X3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh my. Sorry for ever doubting you, and since you like DBZ and are not talking about Naruto, you get cool points. (I don't hate Naurto, I hate the direction its taken)

DBGT sucks though.

Imo GT was pretty ok

Though I wished they had given SSJ4 a better look. Something along the lines of EVEN LONGER hair and make it so that it has the same effects as SSJ4 in actuality

SSJ4 just looks plain stupid imo, I mean

wtf? Tell me, what looks cooler

or
?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@Fuelbi: Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks SSJ4 looks... "meh". The only thing I liked about GT was Baby Vegeta. In my opinion, that was a bada**-looking Vegeta!

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master

DBGT sucks though.

The muscles under his eyebrows are so large that they engulf them.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yeah well that's weird. And I liked how they messed up the naming of SS's. (Yes, I'm a nerd)

Super Saiyan : Aka what killer Frieza.

Ascended Super Saiyan: Why Trunks was too big?

Super Saiyan 2: Aka Gohan owned that.

Ascended Super Saiyan 2 is SS3. How do I know? Why did SS3 drain energy epically fast (like Ascended Saiyan), yet SS1/2/4 didn't? Because they were halfway their, and that's harder to sustain. Also, when your halfway there you're supposed to be bulky, and SS3 restricted the bulkiness, causing more energy drain than Ascended Saiyan.

That being said, SS4 is actually SS3. But whatever, they dropped the ball on their SS logic imo.

Off that, I got a Wiidock Energizer charger. Figured with Monster Hunter (waiting for hd though), Kirby, Zelda, Sonic, etc coming to Wii... need that. Also getting into Brawl as well as Melee again.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Lmao, Ulti got temp banned from the PC? What a *** lol.

DBZ sucked >_> Like, think about it for a second, the show had so much useless **** and non-scenes that when they remade it into DBZ Kai they took all of it out and were left with only 100 episodes. That's cutting 2/3 of the content and it made it BETTER.

Also, Kirby's Epic Yarn is ****. Get @ it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
^ Yeah well that's weird. And I liked how they messed up the naming of SS's. (Yes, I'm a nerd)

Ascended Super Saiyan 2 is SS3. How do I know? Why did SS3 drain energy epically fast (like Ascended Saiyan), yet SS1/2/4 didn't? Because they were halfway their, and that's harder to sustain. Also, when your halfway there you're supposed to be bulky, and SS3 restricted the bulkiness, causing more energy drain than Ascended Saiyan.

That being said, SS4 is actually SS3. But whatever, they dropped the ball on their SS logic imo.

Off that, I got a Wiidock Energizer charger. Figured with Monster Hunter (waiting for hd though), Kirby, Zelda, Sonic, etc coming to Wii... need that. Also getting into Brawl as well as Melee again.
I like to think that SSJ3 was just THAT POWERFUL that it was impossible to control the drainage of energy.

Besides, when Goku first used it, he had just learned it didn't he? I suppose the loss of energy was just too much for him to handle which would cause him to revert back to an earlier form.

And anyways, I think SSJ4 uses less energy than even a normal SSJ right? I like to think that's just because of the process of going SSJ during Great Ape form

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

Wow! Didn't think anyone could read so deep into DBZ! But that does make a bucket load of sense.

@Reaper: I've always liked DBZ (save for the Garlick Jr. arc). Yeah, there were no adventures or quests like Dragonball or some arcs in GT, but it was still fun nonetheless. Honestly, Dragonball (Z) Kai removing all fillers (save for very few) is a godsend, as it also means removing the Garlick Jr. arc by extension, since it was entirely filler to begin with. XD

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I really dislike Kai for a couple of reasons. I mean, taking off all the filler was not a big bonus with me. It really made me feel I was with them every step of the way. For example, when Gohan, Krillen, and Bulma were going to Planet Namek, they stopped by a band of children pirate people or something (forgive me, I haven't seen that episode in years) and I really felt like I had some sort of connection on the journey over to Namek. When Kai took that off I felt like "Oh ok they got to Planet Namek rather quickly ok whatever" and I felt disconnected with the rest of the characters by then. Another reason, I REALLY hate the new voice actors for teh English version. I preferred the old ones imo. There are also several, but I can't remember the rest of them and I don't feel like typing that much

Wrath`

Smash Master
I never understood some of the power levles and such in DBZ also, but I have not watched much of the anime at all. Most of my knowledge derives from the video games like Budikai 1-3 and Tenkaichi 1-3. I loved Budikai 3 back in the day, it was a great 3d-esqe fighter. Tenkaichi 1 was meh, but 2 and 3 got better and had all of your faves.

My favorite character will always be Android 13 followed by Hercule.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Man, I miss the good ol' days of Toonami. I hear everything on Cartoon Network is junk nowadays. I did love Dragon Ball / Dragon Ball Z, etc. I think I liked Gohan the most, but by now I don't really remember why.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I really dislike Kai for a couple of reasons. I mean, taking off all the filler was not a big bonus with me. It really made me feel I was with them every step of the way. For example, when Gohan, Krillen, and Bulma were going to Planet Namek, they stopped by a band of children pirate people or something (forgive me, I haven't seen that episode in years) and I really felt like I had some sort of connection on the journey over to Namek. When Kai took that off I felt like "Oh ok they got to Planet Namek rather quickly ok whatever" and I felt disconnected with the rest of the characters by then. Another reason, I REALLY hate the new voice actors for teh English version. I preferred the old ones imo. There are also several, but I can't remember the rest of them and I don't feel like typing that much
Gee, I gotta agree with the voice acting. Granted Sean Schimmel, Christopher Sabat, the guy who voices Krillin, and a few other reprised their roles, the obvious changes, like Frieza, was definitely off-putting. I can only hope Perfect Cell's original voice actor reprises his role, or else I'll really be upset. :\

I never understood some of the power levles and such in DBZ also, but I have not watched much of the anime at all. Most of my knowledge derives from the video games like Budikai 1-3 and Tenkaichi 1-3. I loved Budikai 3 back in the day, it was a great 3d-esqe fighter. Tenkaichi 1 was meh, but 2 and 3 got better and had all of your faves.

My favorite character will always be Android 13 followed by Hercule.
My favorite characters are a tie between quite a few:

- Vegeta, because of his arrogant attitude and pride. His gung-ho style of fighting is also fun to watch.
- Perfect Cell, only because of his mannerisms, speech patterns and vocabulary. That, and he's incredibly cocky with every right to be. The fact that his Funimation voice fits so well with his character only solidifies this.
- Hercule/Mr. Satan, because he's as normal as normal comes, though still very skilled and technical as a fighter in terms of normal human beings. It's interesting to note that he's one of few characters in the entirety of the whole Dragonball timeline to never die from anything other than natural causes.
- Kid Buu, because he's a kid who's random, grossly powerful, and super destructive.
- Android 18, because she's the only female who kicks ***. Yeah, there's Videl, but 18's power overshadows Videl's by a gargantuan margin.

That's about it for me. ^ω^

@Kirbyraeg: Her name is actually spelled "Launch", and yes, I remember her. Akira Toriyama was quoted in saying he didn't add her in the later arcs and DBZ because he forgot she existed. What a shame. =__=

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Let's see my favorites. I think they're:

-Goku - Aside from obvious reasons of him being the main character, I also like how he's so carefree and has some really nice hair
-Vegeta - Guy can kick so much *** and is so arrogant I love it
-Mr. Satan - Guy's powerful as hell. Sucks that he's so undermined by the rest of the Z-Fighters. He's also really funny. I mean, lol @ how he tries to fly when he sees Videl doing it XD
-Kid Buu - This ******* has absolutely no regard for morals and I ****ing love him for that. I mean, he performed genocide on an entire planet. That's bad *** if you ask me. He also has a cool design and really defines the whole big things come in small packages thing that the creator was trying to convey
-Great Saiyaman and girl (No, not Gohan and Videl, I really mean their alter egos) - They're really funny with those poses and they really look ridiculous in their costumes sometimes
-The Ginyu Force - Tbh, I only like them because of their poses and flamboyant attitude, I mean this is as good as an entrance as you can get XD

I think that's it but there could be more

Wrath`

Smash Master
To each their own. To me half of it was chating with evil wihelst you charged up you super move just to have it miss anyway.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Thank you for giving us an in depth analysis of your views on DBZ charizard!
If I still had my old name, I never would have gotten this response. lol

Really though, Dragon Ball was one of the few animes I ever actually got into. I only watched the Buu series, but I thought it was pretty cool. Unfortunately I don't recall anything about it, because that was like 7 or 8 years ago.

However, I have a feeling if I watched it today I would gag.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I approve of this message, I am not a DBZ fan.
I suppose one-liner, simple posts appear to be a trait among the Charmander evolutionary line. Come on, guys, surely you can add more than that, like a reason at the very least. ^ω^

EDIT: Saw Charizard2005's last post. Nevermind, I stand corrected. XD

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
>10 episodes of no fighting
>Goku charges Spirit Bomb for 5 episodes
>Bomb misses

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
No man, you got it all wrong. Did you notice how he was bent over and screaming his head off for like 3/4 of the episode when he went SS3? He was totally constipated. And I know if I had something like that happen to me and I had to sit there for 20 minutes screaming my head off to get something out like that, I'd be drained as **** too.

And I totally agree with Zook (idgaf if you're Charizard now, I dun liek Charizard), even if I actually do like the series.

My favorite character was Android 18, by far. I actually like almost all the androids, but Android 18 is definitely my favorite of them and the entire cast. I'm a huge fan of Videl too. Oh, and Launch. Android/Super 17 is up there as well. And Bardock. Goten for whatever reason sticks out too. The only character I really like that you actually manage to see a lot throughout the main series is Vegeta. And maybe Piccolo. He's pretty cool too.

I wish Arale would have been seen more in Dragonball Z. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom