• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
My favorite animes include:

Black Lagoon
Serial Experiments Lain
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex/2nd Gig
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Lucky Star

I like their art styles and stories (save for Lucky Star, which is more of a slice-of-life anime than one that's story-driven). I hope to perfect my art style as well to get that pseudo-realistic feel for when I decide to start my own web comic/manga. :3

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
No it is not

One Piece is some guy with stretchy arms and DBZ is the best anime you'll ever watch in your life
One of them stars a dude who's a man-child idiot who spends most of his time screaming or eating, loves fighting and who's entire "Character Development" equates to "Fights, loses, gets stronger, fights again, beats THE BADDEST DUDE AROUND, suddenly, EVEN BADDER DUDE APPEARS!, repeat"

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
One of them stars a dude who's a man-child idiot who spends most of his time screaming or eating, loves fighting and who's entire "Character Development" equates to "Fights, loses, gets stronger, fights again, beats THE BADDEST DUDE AROUND, suddenly, EVEN BADDER DUDE APPEARS!, repeat"
Wow, that about sums it up. Yet, it is that seemingly simple formula that makes Dragonball Z popular. Interesting how that works.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
No but yeah, I'm just that pissed off that I would've responded like that to anybody no matter if it were actually a mod

And no, he is NOT your father

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

I'll admit that early on, One Piece did start like that but it changed pretty drastically near the latest chapters/episodes.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
You people need to watch more code geass..... :p

Edit : I kinda liked lelouche in Zero-form, just cause of the ****** costume / mind control powers. :D

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
But seriously going off of what Charmander said, Code Geass is a great anime for those into strategy and lots of tactics. Also, the Knightmare Frames are quite similar to Gundams, if any of you guys are Gundam fans. The art style is very pleasing and the plot is just good. I'd recommend to just about anyone.

Edit - Charmander, my favorite character would probably have to be Dr. Asplund. Simply because his aloof personality and passion for research reminds me of me. Admiral Todou is also another top character.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Actually, I'm in the mood for watching Powerpuff Girls Z now. I never finished watching the whole series, so I may as well.

It's a shame they never got the original voice actors to reprise their respective roles, though I suppose it's to be expected. >__>

Wrath`

Smash Master
I am going to lose all respect from Char and Terry, but I thought Code Geass was over rated, good I will add, but not as good as everyone in my high school anime club said it was.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I am going to lose all respect from Char and Terry, but I thought Code Geass was over rated, good I will add, but not as good as everyone in my high school anime club said it was.
There's a "clown car" full of overrated animes out there. One of my favorite examples (readies flame armor):

Inuyasha: it was good for the first couple of seasons, but then it started to plummet in story quality, yet people - especially high schoolers - couldn't stop praising it. It only got interesting again during The Band of 7 arc, and Jakotsu was bada** with that chain sword. But after that, it started to plummet again. I never saw the season(s) after said arc, but I praytell hear that even the most loyal of fans were put off by its apparently bland, anti-climactic ending. A shame really.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I think I stopped watching after 60+ episodes. It was good, but soon it started to get repetitive. Also the
ending basically put them at square one, the jewel is again in fragments and Muroku is on the lose still.

One good thing that came from it was that the themes had got me into J-pop/J-rock Music.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The 25 Rules of Pokémon:

1. Gotta catch 'em all
2. Gotta catch 'em all again and again and again
3. If it exists, there is Gary of it
4. Furry pics of every species and hentai of every girl
5. If it's on Serebii, it must be true unless it's not on Pokébeach
6. Every respectable trainer must do a Nuzlock challenge at least once and livestream it
7. No Ubers in teams... EVER!
8. "Adventures" and "Electric Tale of Pikachu" are the only mangas. There is no anime past season 1
9. Mudkipz are not real
10. The Pokémon TCG is still alive
11. You are not a professor unless you have the lab coat
12. There are male Gardevoirs. So sorry
13. Gary was here
14. Ash is a loser
15. ARs are not welcome here
16. Flash cards are okay
17. If you PokéSAV, then it better be legal
18. Prepare for trouble
19. Make it double
20. Meowth, that's right