• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
That's not my entire college list lol. If you mean by my planned major it's either Biology / Biomedical Engineering.

I'd probably minor in Psychology or Chinese.
I don't know many people that would take so few classes for four or five years either lol.
Also, if you have heard of the Robotics Group (not real robots, robots made out of Legos), Biomedical Engineering is our theme this year. We're supposed to come up with a Blueprint of something to help people with blood circulation.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I have like 11 days to finish all of my college applications; it's so stressful :( I can't wait till I'm done and I can finally just relax, since I pretty much already know where I'm going.

Pete278

Smash Lord
While we're on the topic of education, I'm feeling awfully insignificant compared to the 4.5 year long degree I'll have to start next year. :< Are there any methods you guys would recommend to avoid depression?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Also, we need to have a Senior graduation party come May. There's PowerBomb, Moozle, Meta-Kirby, Firus, Pete278, and myself. I think there may be others?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wait... you people actually get off periods? This is why I just hate the ones at my school :/

Btw, who graduates in my year? (2014)

M.K

Level 55
I only have 4 classes a day, so I don't have free periods. But, my 3rd period is a gym class, so that's basically a free period.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
While we're on the topic of education, I'm feeling awfully insignificant compared to the 4.5 year long degree I'll have to start next year. :< Are there any methods you guys would recommend to avoid depression?
Depression?

Talk to a therapist. No joke.

Keep in touch with your old friends, but not so much that you'll start to miss them and go back to them instead of staying in college. :laugh:

Go out and do stuff once in a while. Doesn't have to be anything big, but force yourself to do something instead of sitting around moping. Take your mind off of your depression and it will gradually go away. Be proactive and try to never let yourself slide off, but if/when you do, other people will be there for you.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wait... you people actually get off periods? This is why I just hate the ones at my school :/
Upperclassmen at my school get free periods, but my campus is closed so all we can do is go wherever in the school (unless they stack up at the end of the day, in which case you can get a pass to leave early).

...Sort of. My school is annoying and has teachers stationed at points in the school and depending on how strict they are they'll stop you from leaving the cafeteria area or passing the area by the library if you don't have a pass.

Pretty annoying, really. I shouldn't have to get a pass to the cafeteria from a class if I have a writing conference, have to finish something up, etc. if I have a free period afterward.

There are some things about my school that I really have to appreciate, but there are a handful of things that really irk me.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm glad to be out of high school. Though I don't start college until next year, so I just...work. Really though, high school is a joke, or at least at the core it is. If you ask me, it really doesn't prepare people well for life (again, at the core)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm glad to be out of high school. Though I don't start college until next year, so I just...work. Really though, high school is a joke, or at least at the core it is. If you ask me, it really doesn't prepare people well for life (again, at the core)
It depends on which classes you take. If you plan on going to college and take a lot of AP classes and what not or have the "I'm too good to take open-level classes" mindset, then yeah, it might not prepare you very well.

High school is, for the most part, daycare.

I'm really torn as to whether or not I eventually want to go to college. The biggest thing holding me back from saying I want to is that I find school really boring, and I'm a pretty poor student.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It depends on which classes you take. If you plan on going to college and take a lot of AP classes and what not or have the "I'm too good to take open-level classes" mindset, then yeah, it might not prepare you very well.

High school is, for the most part, daycare.

I'm really torn as to whether or not I eventually want to go to college. The biggest thing holding me back from saying I want to is that I find school really boring, and I'm a pretty poor student.
Thing is, if you mess around in school with a 3.0 GPA, go to community college and do really good (which is also fairly easy), you can transfer somewhere nice. So unless your trying to be something huge like a brain surgeon then...eh

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

Btw, who graduates in my year? (2014)
I have at least two free / light periods every day because of our schedule. I abuse that time to do extra homework and assignments anyway, though.

There are some things about my school that I really have to appreciate, but there are a handful of things that really irk me.
Remember Firus, as long as your school has roughly four walls per classroom, it's much better off than mine.

Thing is, if you mess around in school with a 3.0 GPA, go to community college and do really good (which is also fairly easy), you can transfer somewhere nice. So unless your trying to be something huge like a brain surgeon then...eh
Well going to community college for two years and then transferring to a school is also extremely cheap. Finanical shenanigans are serious, too.

class of 2012 is win

but i'm graduating from college then, not high school...lol
Wave graduates college in 2014, not high school.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
I got invited to join the Snorlax Cast, so while we were all together, we all decided to sing Happy Birthday to Spire, our favorite mod. I stole the show though, and only CRASHiC and a little bit of Wave got in towards the ending.

http://vimeo.com/15585144

Enjoy! And Happy Birthday Spire! I hope you read this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom