• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I think the fact that school is starting or has started is why there is a downturn in activity, but I predict it will pick up as people settle into their new schedules

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Would anyone happen to know if there are any side effects to cracking your knuckles for a long time like getting arthritis or something? I've looked it up, but every single place I've looked says something different and I think I may crack my knuckles WAAAAAAAY too much. Like enough to even do it in a test when I'm worried, which worries me I may disrupt the guy in front/next to me

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Most of it is just myth, from what I recall.

Chronic knuckle cracking can lead to a loss of grip strength when you get older. Otherwise, it's fine. It loosens muscles and what-not.

Ligament breaking is also a myth.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I heard that crap too about knuckle cracking leads to arthritis. I also never knew it loosened the muscles. No wonder it feels good! :p

PowerBomb

Smash Master
That's fine, guys. What I've read is that if you crack CONSTANTLY (several times is not constantly), then it leads to grip strength loss, and only when you get older.

It's really not that big of a deal. You can always flex your hands if you're really that paranoid.

The cracks are just gas bubbles escaping. No ligament breaking here.

http://uk.gamespot.com/greatest-video-game-villain/vote/battle-hub/index.html?battle_id=29

VOOOOTE FOR TEAM ROCKET

Yeah, I know. I just want to see all of the MGS fanboys cry out in misery.

UberMario

Smash Master
The comments are hilarious, especially the "______ is more evil than Team Rocket" meme that is going on over there.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Yep.

Still, it's pretty awesome that Team Rocket's got this many votes, considering that they are VILLAINS, but A VILLAIN.

I'd bet if they had put down Giovanni a lot more votes would've been put down, especially since Giovanni is a manliness buffet.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Medical doctor Donald Unger conducted an experiment in which he regularly cracked the knuckles of his left hand for fifty years while not manipulating those of his right. No arthritis or other ailments formed in either hand, and he was awarded 2009's Ig Nobel Prize in Medicine.[6]

p.s. Team Rocket is not only evil, they aren't fooled by the lies of a child.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Team Rocket lost steam. They were winning by like three-thousand earlier, but I guess /v/ started to proxy bomb.

/tr/ is full of idiots, unfortunately. Ah well. Team Rocket gave OCELOT a run for his money, that's good enough for me.

SO BACK ON TOPIC, GUYS

Cracking your knuckles periodically relieves stress, or so I've heard. Guess that's why people do it in school while taking notes/tests/work.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
URGH. I'm ready to kill somebody.

I got Other M yesterday but due to working on stuff, I didn't touch it until this morning. So I popped it in, only to find that my Wii is deciding to suck on me and not run the game. I even tried going through Homebrew Channel and running it there, since, for one thing, if I try to read the disc and it doesn't work I can make it keep trying to load it without reloading the console or taking out the disc. But, every time it finally started to work on Homebrew Channel, it then said "disc error" and restarted the console.

After the second time that happened, the disc was finally working as usual and I decided to do a disc update -- since other disc updates, including SMG2, had been fine for my Wii, I (stupidly) didn't think to check anything online to make sure it was safe first. The system update got about 1/3 of the way through before it stopped doing anything and I had to hard-reset.

When it got back to the Wii Menu, I found the Homebrew Channel gone. It turns out the disc update actually updated it to 4.3. EVEN THOUGH IT DIDN'T EVEN FINISH.

I hate you, Nintendo.

EDIT: At least it's working now. -_-

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
URGH. I'm ready to kill somebody.

I got Other M yesterday but due to working on stuff, I didn't touch it until this morning. So I popped it in, only to find that my Wii is deciding to suck on me and not run the game. I even tried going through Homebrew Channel and running it there, since, for one thing, if I try to read the disc and it doesn't work I can make it keep trying to load it without reloading the console or taking out the disc. But, every time it finally started to work on Homebrew Channel, it then said "disc error" and restarted the console.

After the second time that happened, the disc was finally working as usual and I decided to do a disc update -- since other disc updates, including SMG2, had been fine for my Wii, I (stupidly) didn't think to check anything online to make sure it was safe first. The system update got about 1/3 of the way through before it stopped doing anything and I had to hard-reset.

When it got back to the Wii Menu, I found the Homebrew Channel gone. It turns out the disc update actually updated it to 4.3. EVEN THOUGH IT DIDN'T EVEN FINISH.

I hate you, Nintendo.

EDIT: At least it's working now. -_-
Lol. Firus used Outrage!

Firus settled down. ^^

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
ITT: Firus is bad at making discs work without updating your Wii.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
ITT: Firus is bad at things.
Fix'd.

And now I'll probably like, never get Homebrew back again because I don't care enough about Barwl (even when I play with my friends half the time they just complain because things aren't exactly like vBarwl) and that's really the only thing I used Homebrew for.

At least Other M is good. Feels pretty weird, though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
So Gamestop is ******** and decided to charge me for two Blazblues, Demon's Souls, and Other M when I tried to buy Other M. I was low on cash and had to write a check, but the second time, the machine broke so I got nothing. Quite a bit more to the story, but that's the super abridged version. All in all, I'm never going back there again.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So guys, lost Silver hack is finally done. Gonna play through it right now :D

Also, it isn't a ROM, but I'm not sure if I can link to the download.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm not even going to buy it now. I've heard too many mixed things and honestly, I'm not that big a Metroid fan. I'll either rent it or borrow from a friend who ends up getting it. I've spent too much cash recently anyways, not ready to lay down another $50 for a 12-hour game.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I usually buy my games from Costco since most of them are just big-stream games such as Halo 3.

I pre-ordered Reach at a Gamestop because I was there and thought 'what the hell'. I'm hoping they don't become complete fools.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus is not bad at things.
No actually I am, but that's another story.

I'm not even going to buy it now. I've heard too many mixed things and honestly, I'm not that big a Metroid fan. I'll either rent it or borrow from a friend who ends up getting it. I've spent too much cash recently anyways, not ready to lay down another $50 for a 12-hour game.
Yeah...unless Other M seriously picks up and negates all of the poor gameplay decisions, I'm going to have to say that you have to be either A) a really dedicated Metroid fan who therefore has to get Other M because it's a Metroid game, or B) someone who isn't very attached to Metroid at all and therefore won't mind that it's not very much like a Metroid game.

I just hope they don't wait another 2 years to give us a Metroid game. They could always try and release something on the DS, and please make it a 2D or 2.5D game and NOT another Hunters.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I always buy my games online now. (i.e. Amazon) Free shipping + I'm too lazy to actually go out to a store and buy it there.

Spire

III
BRoomer
How about the 3DS, Firus? Forget about that? I'm sure they'll make a superior Metroid game to Other M for the 3DS. Something like...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So Gamestop is ******** and decided to charge me for two Blazblues, Demon's Souls, and Other M when I tried to buy Other M. I was low on cash and had to write a check, but the second time, the machine broke so I got nothing. Quite a bit more to the story, but that's the super abridged version. All in all, I'm never going back there again.
What

This doesn't even make any sense explain this

Spire

III
BRoomer
What

This doesn't even make any sense explain this
****ty employees who don't know how to work anything basically. The story is boring and is just a lot of "they run this up, had to cancel this, tried to fix this, blah blah blah," and in the end, nothing got done. I just lost two checks from my checkbook which had to be voided and torn up. Every time I go to Gamestop, I have to put up with shenanigans like this so I'm done with that company.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
How about the 3DS, Firus? Forget about that? I'm sure they'll make a superior Metroid game to Other M for the 3DS. Something like...

1) Yeah, I meant 3DS...I keep forgetting that the 3DS is coming out so soon.

2) ...That picture is amazing on so many levels.

I actually like Gamestop. I never have any problems with the store or its employees. :/
I've never had a problem with its employees, but the store itself is really stupid sometimes. They overprice games, they don't give very much for used games and then charge $5 less than they cost brand new, and then they turn around and sell games that don't work anymore. I got a copy of TP for GameCube that was pretty evidently scratched and didn't work. One of my friends got some game (don't remember which), which apparently had an Xbox version and an Xbox 360 version. He only had an original Xbox. He got the Xbox version, but it was scratched to hell and he exchanged it for another, which didn't work in his Xbox. He looked at the disc and it was the 360 version -- so he returned it AGAIN and finally got a version that worked.

I enjoy shopping at GameStop, but that's mostly because it's the only store anywhere near me that sells any decent selection of video games (i.e. not Target and the like, which sell the newest, popular games).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
**** TYRONE, GET IT TOGETHER
TEAM ROCKET IS ONLY 50 VOTES AHEAD
EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE!
http://uk.gamespot.com/greatest-video-game-villain/vote/battle-hub/index.html?battle_id=29
Yet another Gamestop horror story
I thought this was copypasta at first.
So guys, lost Silver hack is finally done. Gonna play through it right now :D

Also, it isn't a ROM, but I'm not sure if I can link to the download.
I just heard about this, trying it out.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Lost Silver was great. Make sure you check your party and trainer card often, and play with headphones.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You know, if you don't like Gamestop over where I live, tough ****.

They've bought out every other gaming-focused store here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom