• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrath`

Smash Master
+over9000rep

Anyone else think Sad but True by Metallica is a bad*** song?

No,but then again I only like the first three albums and select songs after that. I think you need more Call of Ktulu.

The Gamestop in my mall is very friendly, and all the employees are gamers and know a good amount of stuff.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Yeah. Now to wait for Black Version and Red's Revenge.

Yeah, /tr/ and /b/ are trolling everyone in the competition by voting for Team Rocket and Raam, respectively. /b/, of course, has better trolling but butthurt MGS fans are always nice to see.

ANYWAY

Should I buy Other M? Or should I borrow it from this dude I know? Dunno if still want...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Obvious answer is to borrow it and then see if you like it enough to justify buying it.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So does anyone have Old Spice write-ups? Ones that differentiate from the original?

Such as this:

Hello ladies. Look at your man. Now back to me. Now back at your man.
Now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me. But if he stopped having mommy
issues and started slaughtering innocent children he could kill like
he's me. Look down. Back up. Where are you? You're on a Reaver with the
man your man could kill like. What's in yo...ur hand? Back at me. I have
it. It's a Troika with those armor-piercing bullets you love. Look
again. The Troika is now enemy skulls! Anything is possible when your
man kills like a Locust and not a pansy. I'm on a Riftworm.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Credit to me. But who gives a **** about that. lmao

--

Hello ladies. Look at your Ike. Now back to mine. Now back to your own. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped using that crappy Side+B to recover and switched to free-falling Aethers, it could look like it's mine.

Look down. Back up. Where are you? You're off the stage, from a FAir your Ike could FAir like!

What's in your hand? Back at my Ike. You're open. It's a counter with two stocks you've been tanking this match. Look again. The stocks are now gone!

Anything is possible when your Ike spikes like a pro and not a scrub.

I'm in Low Tier.

:ike:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Oh god. That's awesome.

Wish I could do think up one. I could probably do one for Modern Warfare 2, but that's too easy.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I voted for Ocelot. Would have voted for Giovanni if he were in place of TR though.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I agree with Spire. Giovanni > Ocelot but Ocelot > Team Rocket.

Also I finally got my hands on Pokemon Stadium 2. :D

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Boys, look at your guns. Now at mine. Back to yours. Back to mine. Sadly, yours aren't as lethal as mine. But if you stopped using One Man Army Noobtubes and started using Stopping Power, they could kill like mine. Look down. Now up. Back at me. I have your favorite gun with Golden camouflage. Look again, now it has those Full Metal Jacket bullets you love so much. Anything is possible when you man up and use real rifles. I'm in an AC130.

http://www.gamespot.com/greatest-vid...l?battle_id=29

Yeah Team Rocket won. Not like it matters since both sides were getting proxy bombed.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't get how Team Rocket and Giovanni are different. If you click "A Visual History", the first thing shown is PokeSpe Giovanni.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I don't get how Team Rocket and Giovanni are different. If you click "A Visual History", the first thing shown is PokeSpe Giovanni.
When I think of Team Rocket, I think of grunts with a whole bunch Zubats, Rattatas, and other trolls.

When I think of Giovanni, I think of a bada** with awesome pokemon like Rhydon, Rhyhorn, and Nidoking. Not only that, he's the best boss of any evil organization in Pokemon.
And he reminds me of a mafia boss.

Tacel

Smash Lord
In Spanish class we get to pick Spanish nicknames to be called.
I picked Giovani. :p

Tacel

Smash Lord
The, "G" is also an, "H" sound.
I honestly have no idea where it originated.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The movie was great for me since I didn't need subtitles to understand some of the terms, haha.

Anyways I got episodes 16-17 out. Possbly #18 tonight.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The movie was great for me since I didn't need subtitles to understand some of the terms, haha.
Lol lucky. I've always wanted to be a man who knows many languages. A couple on my list are

Chinese (I have no idea what KIND of it I'd want though)
Japanese (same **** as Chinese, if there are)
Italian
German
Russian
Portuguese

Oh the list could go on. It'd be so cool to read and watch things in different languages and mystify the people around me

EDIT:

And the movie sucks in comparison to the book.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I'm very interested in linguistics, though I hate writing. I like learning about syntax and stuff though.

I took 4 years of Spanish (I need to brush up on it again and actually get good at it >_>), and am learning Japanese.

Speaking of Japanese, it's a pain going through Black and White pre-release videos to find common battle phrases when I can't directly type the characters.

Spire

III
BRoomer
No one has provided a proper argument for why we shouldn't like Giovanni over Team Rocket. Everything Team Rocket does is part of Giovanni's plan. Ocelot is also a single mastermind. Ocelot vs. Team Rocket is just dumb, but Ocelot vs. Giovanni is awesome because it pits all of Ocelot's exploits up against Giovanni's. Ganon is the leader of his army. Ocelot vs. Ganon's Army or Ocelot vs. Ganon?

Exactly.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Lol lucky. I've always wanted to be a man who knows many languages. A couple on my list are

Chinese (I have no idea what KIND of it I'd want though)
Japanese (same **** as Chinese, if they are)
Italian
If you're going to learn Chinese you might as well learn Mandarin.

Japanese and Chinese are similar in setup (backwards to English or vice versa) and some or most of the Kanji is literally Chinese characters. However if you're learning Hiragana, Katakana or Romanji it's completely new.

You're a native Spanish speaker so Italian shouldn't be very hard for you at all. Some of the tenses are a bit tricky (especially conjugating in the past progressive) but it's not all too bad.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Italian DOESN'T SEEM hard

If I see writing, I can barely get the gist of what someone is trying to say mostly because it sounds like Spanish

Niiro

Smash Ace
When I think of Team Rocket, I think of grunts with a whole bunch Zubats, Rattatas, and other trolls.

When I think of Giovanni, I think of a bada** with awesome pokemon like Rhydon, Rhyhorn, and Nidoking. Not only that, he's the best boss of any evil organization in Pokemon.
And he reminds me of a mafia boss.
>doesn't mention beedrill
>inb4manga
No one has provided a proper argument for why we shouldn't like Giovanni over Team Rocket. Everything Team Rocket does is part of Giovanni's plan. Ocelot is also a single mastermind. Ocelot vs. Team Rocket is just dumb, but Ocelot vs. Giovanni is awesome because it pits all of Ocelot's exploits up against Giovanni's. Ganon is the leader of his army. Ocelot vs. Ganon's Army or Ocelot vs. Ganon?

Exactly.
derp.

If you click "A Visual History", the first thing shown is PokeSpe Giovanni.

UberMario

Smash Master
Italian DOESN'T SEEM hard

If I see writing, I can barely get the gist of what someone is trying to say mostly because it sounds like Spanish
Well they do both have a common ancestor in Latin, if you read German you can make about 20% of it out because English is a fusion of Latin and Germanic languages. (For example, No is the same in English and Spanish, while Hello is Hallo in German)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Well they do both have a common ancestor in Latin, if you read German you can make about 20% of it out because English is a fusion of Latin and Germanic languages. (For example, No is the same in English and Spanish, while Hello is Hallo in German)
Fun fact:

People who study Latin have a higher lifetime income.

Obviously, you don't need to know much statistics to say that it's because people who study Latin are more ambitious and like to try new things.

But it's just an interesting tidbit.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Fun fact:

$75,000 is the average income where people feel happy. No more, no less. Go higher you have problems, go lower you have... different problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom