• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Lol @ The 10,000th post.

Also, I don't know if any of you know, but I recently went to Memphis for a laptop conference for my school. I was pretty busy so I didn't get to tell every thread I go on. I do have some pictures if you want to see them. :) Since there are pics of me in there, I won't post the link publicly, so if you want some then PM me.

Hope you enjoy!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Laptop conference?

Idea is completely new to me. XD

On a side note, we almost have more threads and replies than our General Gaming subforum sibling - The Light House.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yeah. It's basically a conference that representatives of schools around the country attended to learn more about integrating more technology and computers into classrooms in order to have better tools for learning.

Online books mean lighter backpacks, submitting essays online and homework online means no paper usage and a timestamp on submissions to see if they were late, and having personal laptops gives students experience with technology and gives even more experience to people who want to go into the tech field, along with a student-run help desk for techies. It's just really awesome all around.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I think online textbooks would be really nice. Having everything in computers means a lot of awesome things, but the downfall is it isn't exactly cheap.

I think it's going to happen in the future, just like how every classroom has a TV nowadays.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I think online textbooks would be really nice. Having everything in computers means a lot of awesome things, but the downfall is it isn't exactly cheap.

I think it's going to happen in the future, just like how every classroom has a TV nowadays.
Yeah, that's one of the downsides. It's not cheap but it improves the classroom experience in so many ways. It's kind of based on the idea that "Yeah, this isn't cheap, but this is the best option for educating the generations of the future" kind of thing. And like Tery said, there isn't a TV in every classroom, but thank goodness for DVD's, online movie sites, and projectors. :p The computer can be a TV and so much more. I'm pretty sure cost-effectiveness was one of the panels that people could attend. I didn't look at the name of every panel in the schedule, there were a lot of them. XD

Once classroom-capable computers get cheaper, and wireless internet gets cheaper, more and more schools will be able to afford it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, that's one of the downsides. It's not cheap but it improves the classroom experience in so many ways. It's kind of based on the idea that "Yeah, this isn't cheap, but this is the best option for educating the generations of the future" kind of thing. And like Tery said, there isn't a TV in every classroom, but thank goodness for DVD's, online movie sites, and projectors. :p The computer can be a TV and so much more. I'm pretty sure cost-effectiveness was one of the panels that people could attend. I didn't look at the name of every panel in the schedule, there were a lot of them. XD

Once classroom-capable computers get cheaper, and wireless internet gets cheaper, more and more schools will be able to afford it.
Now first, before you read this, understand I'm all for this idea/concept.

The problem where I am is that in Alabama, with the recession and such, school funding has been extremely low. What funding they will get (I graduated this year) probably has dire things to go to. So I can't see it happening until the economy booms, and right now I'd be against it as I think the money should be used to pay teachers more honestly, because its a ****ty job and they deserve it.

When the boom happens however, I'm all for it. Then again, AL doesn't have gambling, which helps FL (to an extent) with education costs and such. So if we got that, maybe this could happen even sooner.

Off topic, I work tomorrow, yay. Sad thing is I leave one hour before closing so no free food DX.

Off topic yet again, I got Chronicle Sword if you read this Koarin. It is so epic.

And on one final note, I'm downloading Maple Story. Is this a bad idea?

Moozle

Smash Champion
I don't think it would be THAT much more expensive. Books are stupidly expensive, at least at my school. At least you can keep a laptop for more than just one year.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Now first, before you read this, understand I'm all for this idea/concept.

The problem where I am is that in Alabama, with the recession and such, school funding has been extremely low. What funding they will get (I graduated this year) probably has dire things to go to. So I can't see it happening until the economy booms, and right now I'd be against it as I think the money should be used to pay teachers more honestly, because its a ****ty job and they deserve it.

When the boom happens however, I'm all for it. Then again, AL doesn't have gambling, which helps FL (to an extent) with education costs and such. So if we got that, maybe this could happen even sooner.
Definitely. One of the top colleges in our state is getting so many cuts right now along with so many other colleges so I understand that a lot of schools are just trying to get by. I didn't say it should be integrated into every single school right away because that's obviously not cost-effective at all, but it's interesting for schools to come along and be able to tour some of the tools of the future that will eventually be able to be integrated. And I agree with you that teachers deserve more pay. Dealing with so many students 5 days a week is stressful and exhausting, not to mention having to grade papers AND try to help students out as individuals. I graded papers once and I tell you I couldn't imagine doing that for a job. x.x

And Moozle has a very good point. Where the costliness comes in is with the added electricity pull from so many computers and other equipment, plus the wireless internet needed and the individual transmitters that have to be placed around the school so everyone can have access. Not to mention extra staff needing to be hired for network administration purposes.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, I graded papers every day nearly for a teacher; I was an aide. It's a rough job, and sometimes 9th/10th graders can just be little ********s.

Anyways, hoping to get some comment on that Maplestory comment =P

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Maple Story's not a bad game. I played it for a while. Not terribly addicting, but entertaining enough to keep you occupied.

Of course, unless something's changed since I played it, it pretty much winds up being a super-grindfest after level 30, which is why I quit at level 31 or so.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Freshmen and Sophomores usually get a gear change in their mindset sometime at the end of their Sophomore year. The underclassmen at my school are especially stuck-up and short. It's really weird. The graduating class gets shorter every year.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
It's easy to level up in MapleStory now. I got one of my characters (I think it was a Pirate or something) up to level 50 something and then stopped playing. Took me two weeks, played 1-2 hours a day.

Then I got bored. Really, really bored. I don't find killing stuff over and over again very fun in 2-D games using your keyboard.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Freshmen and Sophomores usually get a gear change in their mindset sometime at the end of their Sophomore year. The underclassmen at my school are especially stuck-up and short. It's really weird. The graduating class gets shorter every year.
You should see the 6th graders. I ****ing hate them. Obnoxious, small, annoying, ********, gangster wannabes. Oh, my list can go for longer, but I'm on my Wii. I swear they get worse every year. I don't ever remember being that annoying 3 (Well I AM a Freshman this year no?) years ago

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Maple Story's not a bad game. I played it for a while. Not terribly addicting, but entertaining enough to keep you occupied.

Of course, unless something's changed since I played it, it pretty much winds up being a super-grindfest after level 30, which is why I quit at level 31 or so.
There was a time when I played MapleStory, trust me, it is terrible.

There was a time where I was both the #4 and the #5 player on my Server, and I regret it deeply.

I've had 5 characters that have reached over level 120, and over 20 characters that have reached over level 80. I hacked a lot. =)

On a more important note, it's great to see this thread reopened, and I'll be back soon. I'm typing this from a PS3, and it's hella inconvenient.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
The trend is just going down each generation of children. It's kinda sad, really.
I've seen the trend going up in places, too. It looks like there is a majority of bad, but the minority of good isn't that small. I think people are getting smarter, you just have to know where/how to look. People who watch TV all day usually aren't the ones, though of course there are exceptions.

What trend? The poser-ish, ***********?
I was surrounded by that as early as 4th and 5th grade, when everyone wanted to trip each other while running laps around the gym and mess with each others paint in every Friday's art period.

Just blame the media, that always accomplishes a lot.
Lol @ the media. There's so much to say about the media that it's just too obvious.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I still swear Celebi is based on the concept of a hybrid between Link and Navi.
Psh, that can't be. I don't like Zelda yet I like Celebi. It's impossible for it to be a combination of Link and Navi, lest there be a black hole sucking everything up due to the paradox of me not liking Zelda, yet liking Celebi

And if you wanna know how much I don't like Zelda, I never finished MM.... yeah...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hahaha, my dad still calls me a child (in joke of course) because I like Pokemon

And I'm afraid what he'll start saying when he sees that Mijumaru wallpaper that Tyfighter put up in the FanArt thread >_>

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I was hoping for the opposite of Star Wars

Me: It's not true! It's not possible!
Dad: I am not your father
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Then he'll proceed to cut off my hand with a knife

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I still swear Celebi is based on the concept of a hybrid between Link and Navi.
You know, I didn't agree with you back when you posted the thread on this, but I have to say it makes a lot of sense, and I'd have to agree.

And if you wanna know how much I don't like Zelda, I never finished MM.... yeah...
I still haven't finished Ocarina of Time OR Majora's Mask and I love Zelda. How much you complete a game isn't necessarily indicative of how much you like it -- my friend considers Metroid Prime to be his second favorite game, but he's played through less than half of it.

We get that you don't like Zelda, though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I actually think Maplestory is pretty fun. MMOs typically involve lots of grinding anyways, the only difference is it's online versus just rpgs.

Donations are cheap too<3

rockem7

Smash Ace
To those of you who had played Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, who ends up being better in the long run? Leonardo or Edward? I'm currently in part one chapter 6 pt 2, the one where you get Fiona, and I want to know which to train more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom