• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Also... how many evolutions does Spire have?
I think 3.
I loves the cheesy puns they use for the foods.

I miss Spongebob
Spongebob died in 2004. It's going to take a lot to revive him.
And I prefer Chowder.
This is one of the few shows that is still going on that somewhat irks my attention. The gittery protagonist and his innocent, but destructive ways, the moooostache, food themes everywhere you look, and pun after pun after pun. This is one of CN's primetime shows, as well as Flapjack, Adventures Time, and TD: World Tour (cartoon reality, WTF).

Tacel

Smash Lord
I really like the art styles in Chowder and Flapjack. Adventure Time, too. Those are probably the best cartoons on nowadays.

Also, this thread is slowly creeping up to page 666! On default.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yes. The first (two?) season(s) of Spongebob were the best.
They also had the original voice actors.

I like the newer episodes, but they don't compare to the early ones.
The fact that you actually like them... GTFO!

I think the series went to crap right after the episode with the Strangler and after the movie

Then the quality dropped. Now Spongebob's voice has evolved from a funny cartoon character who's voice wasn't mind numbingly stupid to a a cartoon character from a show that probably doesn't care about the audience to keep up with the humor anymore.

And the fact that they actually insert sexual innuendos in that show now.

Spongebob: Bye Squidward, bye Mr. Krabs, bye Squidward
Patrick: You said Squidward twice
Spongebob: I liiiiiiiiiike Squidward

... if that's not a sexual innuendo I have no idea what isn't.

EDIT:

****, TDI, TDA, and TDWT sucks balls. I only really start watching the show when the season is about to end... that's pretty much it

Tacel

Smash Lord
Well, it's not like it's unbearable for me to watch.
And to be honest, I think that the last new episode that I watched was the one with the Slide Whistles.
That was like last year.

EDIT: It's also close to post 10,000.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
The new episodes have one redeeming feature: handsome squidward.
This could be you if you excessively slam a door on your face. (I'm sure some actually tried this, lol)

I can officially declare Season 4 the point when Spongebob lost its spunk. You see insignificant characters very frequently play some role or talk for more than usual amounts of time. Also, the new voice for Spongebob sucked. Did Nick really need to use so much voice-acting for so many insignificant characters? One of many poor decisions...

Cartoon reality automatically fails. No discussion needed.

What about some discontinued shows that were good? Invader Zim definitely needed more seasons to milk some of the plot.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
****, Invader Zim is ****ing great. What ever happened to Zim anyways? Did he conquer earth or something?

And yaeh, I say the only good thing that came out of the new episodes was Squidward... may I say that we look stunningly alike

Tacel

Smash Lord
What about some discontinued shows that were good? Invader Zim definitely needed more seasons to milk some of the plot.

Johny Bravo and Dexter's Laboratory.
And I loved Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
****, Invader Zim is ****ing great. What ever happened to Zim anyways? Did he conquer earth or something?

And yaeh, I say the only good thing that came out of the new episodes was Squidward... may I say that we look stunningly alike
The ratings for Invader Zim fell severely after the first season, which is why the show was taken off air. There were at least 16 episodes left when it was canceled. :c

It's like a cult cartoon now though, which is cooler in my book. I always loved Invader Zim.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Johny Bravo and Dexter's Laboratory.
And I loved Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
Awww dude, now Foster's was a ****ing good show. No matter how old it got, it actually just kept getting better. I love Eduardo, but Wiltz kinda... annoys me with his over politeness.

And, awwww man. I was hoping that the series would've ended on something good. That show was kick ***. Especially the episode where he grows paranoid over germs :laugh:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
And, awwww man. I was hoping that the series would've ended on something good. That show was kick ***. Especially the episode where he grows paranoid over germs :laugh:
That's actually one of my least favorite episodes. D: But then again, there's a reason for that...

I have a major dislike for sickness in cartoons for some reason. Spongebob's Suds episode, the episode from Rugrats where Tommy gets sick from Angelica leaving the window open, the Germs episode of Invader Zim...all least favorites of mine. :\ I have no idea why though. Actual sickness doesn't really bother me, so it makes no sense that I'd dislike these episodes.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That's actually one of my least favorite episodes. D: But then again, there's a reason for that...

I have a major dislike for sickness in cartoons for some reason. Spongebob's Suds episode, the episode from Rugrats where Tommy gets sick from Angelica leaving the window open, the Germs episode of Invader Zim...all least favorites of mine. :\ I have no idea why though. Actual sickness doesn't really bother me, so it makes no sense that I'd dislike these episodes.
How can you not like that episode if ZIM DIDN'T EVEN GET SICK

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
Did one of them always complain? I can't remember that show very well.

In fact, I do not appear to like many shows with constant whiners/complainers. It's just not appealing to me, and sort of ruins a bit of the 'viewing experience'.
(examples: Jake Lion - My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Scout Master Lumpus - Camp Lazlo, Larry 2000 - Time Squad, Arnold - Magic School Bus, ect.)

Squidward is the only exception.
How can you not like that episode if ZIM DIDN'T EVEN GET SICK
It's not that if someone gets sick, it's how they handle it. I personally found the Suds episode to be at least watchable, mostly because of Patrick's uber doctor skils. In that episode, Zim basically freaked out everytime he came in contact with germs. That is not funny material to base an entire episode around. That loses appeal the third time you see it.

Are there any episodes of certain shows that trump anything else? From any show, any episode, any point in time...

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Best cartoon series from my childhood is Gargoyles. Well ahead of it's time, a dark show (produced by Disney) that got screwed after it's amazing second season.

Went the a "Gargoyle Gathering"/con a couple years ago. Met the creator, and the almighty Keith David, who voiced Goliath. He is a bear of a man.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
First off, page 666 FTW.
Too bad that it got dead
Sorry, but the grammar nazi in me is squirming. >:0

Best cartoon series from my childhood is Gargoyles. Well ahead of it's time, a dark show (produced by Disney) that got screwed after it's amazing second season..
The come back to life at night, protect the city in secret kind? I sort of remember that one, but my twin friends followed that show more than I did.

Wait..... Jake Lyon was ****ing great, Lumpus was a ****ing bad ***, and Arnold.... well you got a point there.
I do not.

Jake would always have this high-pitched whiny voice when he's angry or complaining. He's probably BAAAWing about how he's the only human, everyone treats him like he's foreign, and how his life sucks. That is not appealing. Lumpus is like the unfunny or unappealing Squidward. He always lets out this loud and annoying sigh, and he pretty much hates his and life in general. Arnold is all "Gee wilikers that looks dangerous! Aw man, do we have to do this? Woaaaaaaah. He's a wimpy crybaby with no meaningful trait.

[/seriousness]

But if these character appeal to you, that's ok. Their shows/series didn't last very long.
(and in my mind, they lasted longer than I expected, and wanted : P)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
First off, page 666 FTW.
The come back to life at night, protect the city in secret kind? I sort of remember that one, but my twin friends followed that show more than I did.
I do not.

Jake would always have this high-pitched whiny voice when he's angry or complaining. He's probably BAAAWing about how he's the only human, everyone treats him like he's foreign, and how his life sucks. That is not appealing. Lumpus is like the unfunny or unappealing Squidward. He always lets out this loud and annoying sigh, and he pretty much hates his and life in general. Arnold is all "Gee wilikers, that looks dangerous! Aw man, do we have to do this? Woaaaaaaah. He's a wimpy crybaby with no meaningful trait.

[/seriousness]

But if these character appeal to you, that's ok. Their shows/series didn't last very long. (and in my mind, they lasted longer than I expected)
I just realized, we were saying his name wrong

It's Adam Lyon and Jake Spidermonkey :laugh:

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
That's how memorable that show was : P

But there is a very memorable show, to me. Ed, Edd, n' Eddy.
Though their antics and scams to get cash and obtain the divine jawbreakers were funny (in most cases), I felt somewhat connected with that show. Growing up with two brothers, we easily related, as we have been in crazy adventures in our own cul-de-sak (mostly involving petty destruction and trees). The interesting personalities, the crazy contraptions, the slapstick humor, and a very quotable idiot, it was a show I found very attached to.

Yellow skin for the win. (I make a rhyme everytime)

And ~Celebi~, I dare you to to sprout the wings of a bat and stalk like a zombie while whistling "Row Row Row Your Boat" through a car wash!

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
But there is a very memorable show, to me. Ed, Edd, n' Eddy.
Though their antics and scams to get cash and obtain the divine jawbreakers were funny (in most cases), I felt somewhat connected with that show. Growing up with two brothers, we easily related, as we have been in crazy adventures in our own cul-de-sak (mostly involving petty destruction and trees). The interesting personalities, the crazy contraptions, the slapstick humor, and a very quotable idiot, it was a show I found very attached to.

Yellow skin for the win. (I make a rhyme everytime)
That's probably the most memorable for me as well (including a hilarious quote from Ed(d?)), but I generally disliked the show because of its wonky art style. Plus, I didn't like so much how the whole thing centred around that group and that group only, since I liked Ralph more and wanted him to be the point of the show. :laugh:'

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
That's probably the most memorable for me as well (including a hilarious quote from Ed(d?)), but I generally disliked the show because of its wonky art style. Plus, I didn't like so much how the whole thing centred around that group and that group only
Well, nothing's perfect.

I found it interesting that even when idle, they still move around because of the art scheme. That and other aspects separated itself from the crowd.

I liked Ralph more and wanted him to be the point of the show.
I liked Ralph
I hope you mean Rolf, son of a sheppard.
I am disappoint...

Moozle

Smash Champion
In the words of the great Ed..."Bahaha! Pineapple."

I love Ed Edd and Eddy. I think the art style is great, because it helps lighten the mood and make things look even less serious. Ed is my favorite character because of all of the hilariously retarted things that he does, but I also love Rolf. I want to meet his grandmother! I also want to know what's underneath double d's hat :3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
In the words of the great Ed..."Bahaha! Pineapple."

I love Ed Edd and Eddy. I think the art style is great, because it helps lighten the mood and make things look even less serious. Ed is my favorite character because of all of the hilariously retarted things that he does, but I also love Rolf. I want to meet his grandmother! I also want to know what's underneath double d's hat :3
Rolf doesn't have a grandmother silly, he has a nana.

And Edd is obviously bald, I mean, haven't you seen that picture they released on CN?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
There's the theory of him having blonde, curly hair, from an supposed interview (that I can't find a link to). Dumb blonde jokes anyone?

There's also the theory he has three hairs, just like Eddy. (which has been seen in a former episode, I can't seem to find a pic of at the moment)

Also, one with a lot of hair, which he keeps hidden for saftey when doing experiments.

And of course, the bald theory. It seems silly to speculate, because we will never know until it is confirmed by the creators.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
There's the theory of him having blonde, curly hair, from an supposed interview (that I can't find a link to). Dumb blonde jokes anyone?

There's also the theory he has three hairs, just like Eddy.

Also, one with a lot of hair, which he keeps hidden for saftey when doing experiments.

And of course, the bald theory. It seems silly to speculate, because we will never know until it is confirmed by the creators.
I was also gonna point out this picture, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the Ed, Edd, & Eddy wiki, so I just switched to the bald theory instead and voila.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Double D has as much hair visible from under his hat as Eddy and Kevin... so I don't think he's bald, or at least what passes for bald in EEnE.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Post #10,000!

This thread has come a long way.

EDIT: Let's celebrate it with Keith David:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom