• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Wait, what kind of pirate are we talking about? The technology thieves or the booty thieves?
I don't like technology thieves, and I'm not one. I want to be a booty thief, though. :p

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Not necessarily my point of view (also not NOT my point of view), but here ya go.

Me neither. Above the law is the way it should be.

And, yes, feel bad. Remember, every time you pirate, a small puppy is killed by a buccaneer. Don't continue the madness; END IT!
PC pirating is killing PC gaming.

Go figure.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's because if 1 person buys a PC game 10,000 will get it for free.

UberMario

Smash Master
Giving away a copy for free of something you didn't create = not giving money rightfully deserved by the creator = theft

If everyone in the world pirated the game economy would collapse.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
technically pirating is theft because you are obtaining a product for free that you should have paid for, hence nintendo (or w/e company) is not getting the money it deserves in exhange for you using said product, hence you are stealing private intellectual property from wherever that they are selling. now if the product is no longer being sold, and is hard to obtain otherwise, piracy becomes very muddy, but in the case of games being commercially sold it is still very much illegal and wrong (yes i dont pirate, also yes i use usb loader because my wii's lens broke, no i dont play games i havent paid for

ninjad, but mine is better :)

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
In no way do I feel bad about pirating games. If the Wii wasn't so overpriced, and the ****ty plastic accessories weren't even more overpriced, and the games weren't so easy to get, I might then feel remotely bad about it. (Probably not)

Heh, can't really afford one of those.
Heh, didn't pay for any of the large number of them I have lying around.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Besides, IMO, USB devices sometimes are a ***** and don't feel like working, and disks are more lenient, they get scratched, but they work, and are more "legit" actually having them on a disk to carry around.

But I see the advantages of not needing a disc case.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I feel bad when I pirate games. But the feeling goes away when I play them.

It's like cocaine. Kind of.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The only thing I dislike about it is that you don't have the same urge to actually finish them like actual games, you know, since you didn't actually go out and buy them yourself.

A_man13

Smash Master
Giving away a copy for free of something you didn't create = not giving money rightfully deserved by the creator = theft

If everyone in the world pirated the game economy would collapse.
I agree 100%. Also, can we get of the piracy topic? I got a feeling some mods will be drawn to this discussion like a moth to a flame.

Anyone need GFX services?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Just leafing through the pages of the Nominations thread, I enjoy seeing No Suscpects, and feel the same way. I'm slighly on the edge about Moltres, however.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I mean that there are still talks of Moltres, and while agree on both arguments presented I feel neither is complete to keep Moltres in either UU or BL.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Ah. He does look pretty beast. I'm trying to figure out Majora's Mask and I'm so confused. The game is great, the concept of finding Navi/getting the ocarina as a gift from Zelda is cool, but how he ended up in Teramina makes no sense what so ever too me. (And I don't get the Moon/Majora Mask yet, aside from what Maskman said, but I'm sure that'll come to me)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ah. He does look pretty beast. I'm trying to figure out Majora's Mask and I'm so confused. The game is great, the concept of finding Navi/getting the ocarina as a gift from Zelda is cool, but how he ended up in Teramina makes no sense what so ever too me. (And I don't get the Moon/Majora Mask yet, aside from what Maskman said, but I'm sure that'll come to me)
Psh, I just downloaded SM64 for the Virtual Console

Pretty beast. Ah yes the memories :)

EDIT:

Also, a bit late but I don't feel bad about pirating

there.

A_man13

Smash Master
Psh, I just downloaded SM64 for the Virtual Console

Pretty beast. Ah yes the memories :)

EDIT:

Also, a bit late but I don't feel bad about pirating

there.
The Virtual Console is so nice in that regard. I never played games like OoT, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario World, and such and it's nice to be able to play them without resorting to dawning a beard, eye patch, a parrot, and peg leg. But why would I ever wear such a getup?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I won't say I don't download music for free, but that is it. I feel guilty playing illegal games, I feel a sense of pride in owning the real deal.

And yes, VC is epic.

I've got:

Breath of Fire II (best rpg ever(
Super Metroid
Mario 1
Mario 3
Majora's Mask

I love old games. I would've download OoT, but I have Master Quest. My friend is always worried about me because I get old games more than new. For a holiday I request Final Fantasy IX over XIII lol.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Not downloading music for free is incredibly expensive. A mere 100 songs will cost at the very least $50-60.

A_man13

Smash Master
I won't say I don't download music for free, but that is it. I feel guilty playing illegal games, I feel a sense of pride in owning the real deal.

And yes, VC is epic.

I've got:

Breath of Fire II (best rpg ever(
Super Metroid
Mario 1
Mario 3
Majora's Mask

I love old games. I would've download OoT, but I have Master Quest. My friend is always worried about me because I get old games more than new. For a holiday I request Final Fantasy IX over XIII lol.
I got the ones listed in my last post plus Sonic the Hedgehog (which I don't think was worth it) and Paper Mario (definetly a good game). I've been meaning to get Super Metroid and Majora's Mask, but I don't buy wii shop points (Heck, my Wii and DS both collect a lot of dust nowadays. E3 has changed that, but that won't take effect for a few months).

I'm the same way, though I'm a sucker for a thing like galaxy and LBP. Yoshi's Island was my favorite GBA for a long time and I always come back to replay classic games.

Course, there still is no kicking my older habit; replaying games. When I was little, I seriously replayed Pikmin 2 and Paper Mario: TTYD every summer for about 4-5 years. With the exception of a few games (huge games like LBP, Pokemon, and Galaxy plus LoZ: Spirit Tracks which I did not like playing), I've replayed each game in my collection at least once.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
if you dont have the money you shouldnt be getting it plain and simple /last statement on this subject
and i completely agree, <33333 nintendo

and i have payed for every song i have ever owned

A_man13

Smash Master
Not downloading music for free is incredibly expensive. A mere 100 songs will cost at the very least $50-60.
Off iTunes it's easily about $120 assuming you buy a good mix of normally priced and popular songs. And even that's generous.

I'll stick with Pandora for most of my music needs and supplimenting that with iTunes for songs I adore.

Now, lets shut up about piracy.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oomph. Does Limewire make you a Pirate? What a brutal name. But then again, I dont know anyone whos 100% payed for every song on their playlist.

Buccaneer. I am a Buccaneer.
Actually, I have a couple hundred dollars worth of albums in my mp3.

Mostly because I just downloaded the songs from like 30 CDs I picked out from my collection :chuckle:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It's impossible to put "****" on a stick, unless you are talking about **** being committed on a stick. And I highly doubt Nintendo showcased that.
SPOILER ALERT: Learn the difference between "literally" and "figuratively"
Analog stick on 3DS? I am now interested.

A_man13

Smash Master
Analog stick on 3DS? I am now interested.
That and the adjustable 3D effects has me sold on it. SM64DS (worst. acronym. ever) is near impossible to play due to the lack of a control stick. Control pad works for 2D platformers and Pokemon-like over worlds, not for navigating Rainbow Ride.

Wow, I just realized how far behind my Platinum team is in the current metagame. For one, I'm using a flipping Bronzong lead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom