• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah once I found out it was for months, I'd probably do it too. And Roach, there are safety net laws in the stock market so the Great Depression will never happen again. (At least not that magnitude)

If you are a genius, penny stocks can make you rich, but it takes a lot of Homework.

You buy X stock, 1000 shares, 1 cent each. They go up to 3 dollars and you sell them all. Do the math.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Yeah.

Or you could just buy Blue-Chip stocks that pay dividends, and reinvest them.

Yeah, once I get a job and the market stops behaving like a three year old, I'll ride the profits to Mid-Upper class.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I'm considering the same. It's quite a fun game, and I'm going to college to be an Accountant, so it all works out XD.

Penny Stocks are the ****. We played a stock game in my senior year last year in Econimics. My teacher bought 5000 shares of a penny stock, and they went up to 3 dollars/each and he made a killing. Then he was sad he didn't do that in real life, lol.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I meant blame crashic for starting this argument and dragging it out.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I don't thing RNG guides exist for any Pokemon game the pre-dates emerald, probably because their RNG wasn't abusable.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't think they have RNGing for the 3D games. Google brought up a thread about researching the RNG on Smogon, but it died in October '09.

So unless you want to start your own research, you're probably out of luck.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Money runs the world, Tery.

It's the black shadowy snares entangled across the globe.
Money should jump off a building and break its metaphorical ****ing head open. Sorry for how offensive that probably comes off, but I really hate the stuff. I personally find its existence to be living, breathing proof that the philosophy of humanitarianism is complete bull****; despite how much I wish it were otherwise.

And watching Fight Club right before viewing this thread didn't help enlighten my opinion on that at all.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Money should jump off a building and break its metaphorical ****ing head open. Sorry for how offensive that probably comes off, but I really hate the stuff. I personally find its existence to be living, breathing proof that the philosophy of humanitarianism is complete bull****; despite how much I wish it were otherwise.

And watching Fight Club right before viewing this thread didn't help enlighten my opinion on that at all.
Money, or the concept of money?

If it were destroyed, we'd have to pay for our Wiis with chickens.

Sounds like you'd like the concept of communism. (not a bad thing)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Money, or the concept of money?

If it were destroyed, we'd have to pay for our Wiis with chickens.

Sounds like you'd like the concept of communism. (not a bad thing)
Concept of money, as trade is proof of greed.

I could drop almost all electronics out of my life and I can guarantee that after a month or two I wouldn't really miss any of it.

I approve of communism more than I approve of capitalism. Success should sit in something I've done, not in how many things I own.

EDIT: My ideal living quarters would be the equivalent of a bedroom attached to a kitchen with a bathroom in its own, private area. The only electronic in the bedroom would be a phone and a lamp or something. I don't want much.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Concept of money, as trade is proof of greed.

I could drop almost all electronics out of my life and I can guarantee that after a month or two I wouldn't really miss any of it.

I approve of communism more than I approve of capitalism.
It means you're not materialistic. I'm quite the same, but I'm not for communism because I know not everyone will "do their part"

I mean seriously the most expensive thing I own is a Wii. No ps3 or anything, not even a decent computer to be honest. I had a normal cheap under 100 dollar tv and everything, lol.

I find my happiness through love(drum crash)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Here's the thing about modern technology nobody understands-

We won't miss it until its gone.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I don't know, I've lived without TV/electricity/etc before. I'm not rich and I've dealt with the hard times. I feel like everyone should at least once, you learn something from it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
When I read that I realized how much of a lucky ****er I am for being in the upper-middle class.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
When I read that I realized how much of a lucky ****er I am for being in the upper-middle class.
You're not lucky. One day if your life hits the crapper, or all of ours does, you'll be one of the people who struggles to adapt. I guess you can say you're lucky, but in reality you're more sheltered than anything.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Okay, Oliva Mun seriously needs to be fired, or at least not allowed to cover video game conventions ever again. She's incredibly embarrassing to watch.

"We'll be covering the Playstation Movie"

developer for Twisted Metal: "The cars are designed with a lot of style"
"Like a coupe?
stares blankly at her , then ignores her question and goes on about game.
she says something else stupid
He stairs blankly again, "Is Morgan Web here? Can she do the interview?"

She made a ton of mistakes, in both video game knowledge and just plain journalistic errors. She really needs to be kicked off the show floor.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
My biggest wish is to hit rock bottom (or at least get close to it), so at least from my perspective you're not lucky. You're actually the opposite of what I want in life.

My mom doesn't seem to understand that because she has expectations; something I've pretty much done away with. It's the reason why, day in and day out, I feel imprisoned.

And if you ask why I don't just leave, well the simple reason is because despite hating my mom's perspective, I still do respect her and love her. So boo.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
@Shimazu- I've been thinking that through and it really depends WHEN "it" happens and what "it" is that would cause life to hit the crapper.

Due to our location and resources we have on hand right here, a large natural disaster would actually hit me harder than, say, the entire economy collapsing, believe it or not.

My biggest wish is to hit rock bottom.
I don't quite get why you would want to do this, could you explain to me why this is your wish?

D

Deleted member

You're not lucky. One day if your life hits the crapper, or all of ours does, you'll be one of the people who struggles to adapt. I guess you can say you're lucky, but in reality you're more sheltered than anything.
how you deal with a problematic situation depends solely on your decisions and resources to find a resolution. since decisions aren't a static variable but resources are, those with more resources entering a dilemma will have a strict tactical advantage over those that do not. I can see no logic supporting a theory that privilege yields inflexibility to adaptation.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I don't quite get why you would want to do this, could you explain to me why this is your wish?
I can't really explain it. It's caused by a number of things.

And something tells me you really wouldn't want to hear it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I meant no disrespect by the way Ulti, all I mean is, I'd never want anything bad to happen to anyone, but everyone should experience it. It really teaches you how to be thrifty and learn to love the small things in life.

@ Umbreon all I mean is if it's happened to you, you're mentally set to adapt easier. I know some people if they lost everything they had they'd go suicidal.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So you want to live without technology?

So by technology would you do away with your phone? I mean it IS necessary. See a guy robbing a store or you get hurt and you're GONNA HAVE TO call 911

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
How do you think they did it BEFORE phones?

Walk a decent distance from the Robber and scream "POLICE! POLICE!"

It works.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
When someone tries to rob you, your handy dandy fist works pretty nicely as well. Trust me, I've been jumped more times than anybody here, probably all of you combined. It works wonders.

Writer, as for the wanting to be poor thing, I'm REALLY interested in your deviant reasoning behind this, as someone who has actually lived at the poor.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So you want to live without technology?

So by technology would you do away with your phone? I mean it IS necessary. See a guy robbing a store or you get hurt and you're GONNA HAVE TO call 911
Cell phones cause cancer, its a fact now that they've been around long enough for us to get concete data. If you are using a cell phone before the age of 19 I believe it was, you are increasing your chances to develop brain cancer before the age of 30 by 50 percent.

even then, if you think a bank robber is going to let you dial 911 and isn't going to confiscate your phone during the robbery before you have a chance too, you're pretty naive.

I refuse to have a cell phone.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Cell phones cause cancer, its a fact now that they've been around long enough for us to get concete data. If you are using a cell phone before the age of 19 I believe it was, you are increasing your chances to develop brain cancer before the age of 30 by 50 percent.

even then, if you think a bank robber is going to let you dial 911 and isn't going to confiscate your phone during the robbery before you have a chance too, you're pretty naive.

I thought that was debunked by scientists

Ok then, let's say you broke your leg, and you don't have a phone? Then what?

Press the button that calls the meds from that commercial where the lady can't get up?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
lol Diet Soda does too. Everything causes cancer, that's a pointless argument.

On another note, Majora's Mask is harder than I expected. The side quests can be annoying.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

I don't really use them much, they're convenient but not something that I'd have to have.

I do think you're being a bit obstinate, though, since I really don't see the harm in having one.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Cell phones cause cancer
These were actually only the old phones from the 80s-early 90s that did this, simply because they used such primitive technology (by today's standards) that literally emitted radiation because THAT'S ALL WE HAD THAT COULD RUN THE PHONES. Same for Analog TVs, except they had lead built into them to block the radiation, and the old phones didn't.

Also, roach, you get some people get up on your **** legs and they take you to something that rhymes with hospital.

Also I now have more posts than roach.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Everything has bad side effects. I mean... I won't spend 12 hours in the sun everyday without sunblock, that can come back to bite you, but still.... if you worry about everything as small as phones and soda, you'll go insane. >.>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom