• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
These were actually only the old phones from the 80s-early 90s that did this, simply because they used such primitive technology (by today's standards) that literally emitted radiation because THAT'S ALL WE HAD THAT COULD RUN THE PHONES. Same for Analog TVs, except they had lead built into them to block the radiation, and the old phones didn't.

Also, roach, you get some people get up on your **** legs and they take you to something that rhymes with hospital.

Also I now have more posts than roach.
Dude, by like 2 posts with this.

Also, you're a bachelor and you have no wife as of yet or anything. Let's say something like a heart attack happens to you.

Who the **** is gonna call the meds? Your pet dog?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If a heart attack happens at home, you have home phones.

In public? Well, let's just say it'll be obvious.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Everything has bad side effects. I mean... I won't spend 12 hours in the sun everyday without sunblock, that can come back to bite you, but still.... if you worry about everything as small as phones and soda, you'll go insane. >.>.
Soda's really not that good for you at all; I drink it when we have it around the house and when I go to restaurants, but I try not to have too much of it.

Cell phones, though? Don't worry too much about those.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I think that the only technology that we really need is for medical needs and communication.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
These were actually only the old phones from the 80s-early 90s that did this, simply because they used such primitive technology (by today's standards) that literally emitted radiation because THAT'S ALL WE HAD THAT COULD RUN THE PHONES. Same for Analog TVs, except they had lead built into them to block the radiation, and the old phones didn't.
You think I would refer to such outdated statistics? No, I'm refering to a study done on recent cell phones by the Finnish government.
http://www.naturalnews.com/021634_mobile_phones_brain_tumors.html

Let's not forget the many other strange symptoms reported with frequent cell phone usage, such as the vibrating muscles.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Soda's really not that good for you at all; I drink it when we have it around the house and when I go to restaurants, but I try not to have too much of it.

Cell phones, though? Don't worry too much about those.
I'm a sucker for diet soda, but oh well. Everyone has their sin. <.< I'm sure it's not as bad as smoking.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
how i would think about it is, what are the chances of getting a brain tumor? ridiculously low. even if this study is correct (and there is no proof! such statistical correlations are naturally prone to error, as it is very difficult to isolate something as the sole and only cause, there are so many ways for such a study to get contaminated it isnt even funny), you are still taking something ridiculously low, and what increasing by 270%? so still ridiculously low. i would rather take my chances on such a low chance and be a billion times more convenient. plus everything causes cancer nowadays, i dont listen to that stuff anymore

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Now I don't want to hear it because you said this.

Gives me the hint that the story is either long/boring/bad/etc.
It's long, and unless I explain it in full detail it doesn't make a lot of sense. And trust me, I wouldn't be able to give full detail. I've thought so many things through at this point in my life that almost every bit of my explanation is basically retired into my subconscious. It's like that with a lot of things for me.

So you want to live without technology?

So by technology would you do away with your phone? I mean it IS necessary. See a guy robbing a store or you get hurt and you're GONNA HAVE TO call 911
It's not necessary. Quit thinking without looking into the past.

But yes, I would have a phone at home. I don't plan on living near family, and I do like to be decently sociable.

Writer, as for the wanting to be poor thing, I'm REALLY interested in your deviant reasoning behind this, as someone who has actually lived at the poor.
Like I told Ulti, I can't really explain it in a way that makes sense. I wouldn't want to be born into a poor life (well I actually kinda was, just not extremely poor or anything), but I'd most certainly like to be poor. It's a perspective thing. A person who's born poor is almost guaranteed to want to be rich because they hated the life they were born into. Everyone is like that.

I also find life to be more about the experience than anything else. Do as much as you can, see as much as you can see. Appreciate every little thing.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Okay, Oliva Mun seriously needs to be fired, or at least not allowed to cover video game conventions ever again. She's incredibly embarrassing to watch.

"We'll be covering the Playstation Movie"

developer for Twisted Metal: "The cars are designed with a lot of style"
"Like a coupe?
stares blankly at her , then ignores her question and goes on about game.
she says something else stupid
He stairs blankly again, "Is Morgan Web here? Can she do the interview?"

She made a ton of mistakes, in both video game knowledge and just plain journalistic errors. She really needs to be kicked off the show floor.
Not going to happen, she has breasts

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'd also like to say that due to phones having lots of non-talk features over the past few years, even 2007 stats are heavily outdated. With a good chunk of the time phones are used in hand rather than next to your head, so the chances of brain tumors are SEVERELY cut from advancing technology and how cell phones are used over the past 3 years.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
A lot of people text instead of talking just to be less annoying to others around them, you know when those people sitting a near you are jabbering away on their phones? Yeah. That's why.

inb4 increase in hand cancer.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'd also like to say that due to phones having lots of non-talk features over the past few years, even 2007 stats are heavily outdated. With a good chunk of the time phones are used in hand rather than next to your head, so the chances of brain tumors are SEVERELY cut from advancing technology and how cell phones are used over the past 3 years.
Dude you can obviously get hand cancer from texting. DUH! :p

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So you want to live without technology?

So by technology would you do away with your phone? I mean it IS necessary. See a guy robbing a store or you get hurt and you're GONNA HAVE TO call 911
Now see, this is the kind of silly mentality that lands third graders with cell phones.

Apply logic for a second -- how do you think society managed to last for thousands of years without cell phones without collapsing? Probably because they're not at all necessary.

Texting doesn't replace talking, it fills an entirely different conversation gap.
Oh, look at you, trying to apply logic and sense to today's teenagers.

Texting definitely replaces talking for most people. They're too lazy to call, talking on the phone is more of a commitment, it's cool to text, etc.

It's stupid, but people are texting nowadays far more than you give them credit for.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Dude, by like 2 posts with this.

Also, you're a bachelor and you have no wife as of yet or anything. Let's say something like a heart attack happens to you.

Who the **** is gonna call the meds? Your pet dog?
If I can make it to the home phone then I'll call them. If I can make it to a person who can get me to the hospital, I'll do so. If neither, then I'll yell until I die.

Ok then, let's say you broke your leg, and you don't have a phone? Then what?

Press the button that calls the meds from that commercial where the lady can't get up?
I'll drag my body to the home phone and call, or drag my body to another person and see if they can get me to the hospital.

I don't want to live long enough to be in a condition where I'd require the help button thing, so I can't claim that either. If I was permanently damaged in enough ways I'd probably ask to be killed.

If you're in an airplane and it suddenly starts plummeting to the ground, how much is that cell phone going to help?

Although interestingly enough, an airplane is one of the only places where I'd actually like to have a cell phone. In a situation as unavoidable as that and with as much time as I could potentially have, I'd like someone that I know to know that I was in the plane that crashed. I've even considered leaving an unsent text that says "I'm going to die." in my phone while on a plane just in case the situation happens to arise.

I've been told a lot that I'm an extremely depressing person, so sorry to anyone who finds my views depressing.

EDIT: The airplane thing is horribly unreasonable and a different perspective completely to most, but there is supposed to be a similarity in it. It just happened to be an extreme example. :\

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So off topic, but is there anyone here that can explain how Link wound up in Termina ? >_> Skull/Epona/Link, that is. I get the whole OoT/MM thing except that one tiny concept.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
because thats where he went when searching for navi? i mean, he just stumbled across it chasing the skull kid, not like there was any magical reason or way he got there, he just did lol

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm pretty sure that's one of the things that fans have to come up with theories about...

I mean, the worlds are parallel, but I don't think the explanation goes much further than that without coming up with your own theory.

not like there was any magical reason or way he got there, he just did lol
Actually, I believe the manual of the game explains that you cannot just walk to Termina from Hyrule.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
S'okay, I didn't know much about it myself until I Googled it just now either.

I always got the impression he didn't just walk there, though. Majora's Mask as a whole gives off that whole...there's more going on than meets the eye kind of vibe to me.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I love the game. It's non-linearness is such a nice change. I love the sidequests and etc. I guess they all just "stumbled upon it" XD.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I love it too. This summer I swear I'm going to beat Ocarina of Time so I can get back to Majora's Mask.

Seriously, I'm going to spend the entire summer breaking games I should've broken ages ago.

A_man13

Smash Master
I need to try Majora's Mask sooner or later.

I was gonna enter this in the PSC until I realized that I misread the rules...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I just beat OoT. At the moment I'm finishing MPT (beating each game on all 3 difficulties), SMG2, SS (getting trainer card done, etc), and Majora's Mask. I beat OoT...my first time, it was amazing. I now know why it is so high held. MM is pretty amazing too, though. I want a good beaten copy of every game I own...which is why FFXII file loss upsets me so...

A_man13

Smash Master
Very nice A man. Too bad you couldnt enter it.
I probably should have looked at some of the posts earlier on to determine that it had to be first stage. I would probably have lost anyways; I suck at fusing small sprites. I mean, if Pikachu counts as a starter I could just pull a Firus. But those still suck.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
IMO that's really an opinion, a mean/more explicit one, but an opinion.

Getting banned for that would be stupid.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
^ Pretty sure attacking other members is bad. Even if it is opinion.

How many bans does that make it now Crashic?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ulti, last time I got banned for telling a group of people that I thought Quinton was a horrible director.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10460208#post10460208
this conversation here.

I'd be surprise if I didn't get banend, I mean, I also told him that next time he should Tea Bag sony instead. Sexual references are another big no no. I'll be unbanned on the 23rd.
I don't get it...if you think you said something wrong and are PREDICTING a temp ban why don't you just edit your post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom