• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_man13

Smash Master
No worries. Either way I'd lose. I've kind of started sucking lately.

I think I need to change my Avi. I've had this one for well over two years. But this one is soooo good.

A_man13

Smash Master
I agree. Besides, the only thing I'd replace it with would be one of the Bowser Jr. bosses from SMG2 and I can't find any good clear pictures. Plus, it's gyravire.

I'll make usual offers here and now.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
On Valentines Day I was buying my girlfriend Harvest Moon for the Wii. (she really wanted it, lol) I got so many stares..and it felt so awkward. So I can relate.
You do not know awkward until you have gone cosplay shopping.

Since they don't sell generic jewelry ANYWHERE, I had to buy a pink kitty pendant to paint silver for my Megumi costume. The woman at Claire's looked at me like I was nuts.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Falcon came in and did his usual "I'm gonna try to start a flamefest HURR HURR HURR" bit, but that's about the worst that happened.
(A little late to the party, but)

Falcon was actually being legitimate in that case, I'm pretty sure...I mean, he's right, the dude is entitled to an opinion even if it is an unpopular one.

As someone who people kind of complained at forever because I thought SMG was mediocre, I know it's not fun being criticized for having an unpopular opinion.

@Firus: I have no idea how it would feel to have that happen to me. That would be awkward.
Oh, it was zetta awkward.

The worst part is, the pendant came out perfectly, but it was basically invisible through my massive wig and headphones.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master

Falcon was actually being legitimate in that case, I'm pretty sure...I mean, he's right, the dude is entitled to an opinion even if it is an unpopular one.

As someone who people kind of complained at forever because I thought SMG was mediocre, I know it's not fun being criticized for having an unpopular opinion.
Yeah this. I really appreciate getting called out the one time I actually you know, defend someone for having a different opinion. Feel bad about yourselves.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Ive noticed a lot of people i know wanted to learn how to make fakemon. so I decided to make a tutorial for them. This tutorial id for Paint.net. Now imma gonna be lame and show you guys :p

[collapse=tut]
Okay, Fake pokemon, Everyone loves em, no one knows how to make them. Here is a little guide on making them.

WARNING : THIS TUTORIAL CONTAINS SARCASM UNSUITABLE FOR THOSE UNDER THE AGE OF SIX AND ONE HALF.

1) Have some sort of idea planned out. If you like it, go for it.
My Idea

2)Make an Outline, first, Make the layer transparent. The make your outline. Use a size 2 line tool, as it can curve and is easy to work with.
An outline would look like this

3) Add small details. before we begin, let me tell you about eyes. Ever see a fakemon that didnt quite look right? Ever think a pokemon doesnt look like a pokemon? The Eyes give it that pokemon quality. If you have never seen the type of eyes you used on a pokemon, DONT USE THEM!
And dont ever, ever, EVAR use neopet-eque eyes, NEVER F*CKING USE THEM!

end rant.

okay, now we add the details like eyes ( do it freaking right) and patterns and such.

like so

Notice how I used the same eyes as the pokemon haunter, as this is a ghost type pokemon

3) Color. Add a layer and push it behind the outline. name it the "color" layer. Use the paint brush tool to add color to the color layer. You dont need to be neat, its okay if you miss a line, because it is quicker :p.Before you say " why dont I just use the paint bucket tool and only use one layer?" I HAVE REASONS!

with color, it looks like this.

4) Clean up image, self explanitory.

5) shading, oh good god. take whatever color you have and darken it or brighten it. Apply to the area needed. People that scratch sprite should have the advantage of knowing what to do. also, If you are using the layer method ( like I said to) you shouldnt have to avoid the outline to shade. If you used the paint bucket tool, this is gonna be harder.

It will look like this.

6) something doesnt look right. This is where "blending takes into effect. take the "base" color of the body part and give it a transparency of 5 "(do this by going to the color bar and hitting advanced and going to the transparency bar.) use the paint brush and apply to the places where the edges of shading meet. notice it will now have a "blended' effect.

Here it is

here is the final product
[/collapse]

A_man13

Smash Master
If anyone needs me, I'll be staying out of this. Spectating, but from the comfort of my non-involvement shield.

Usual offers are still valid.

Edit: Wow, great tutorial. Shame it's for paint and not PS.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace

Oh, it was zetta awkward.

The worst part is, the pendant came out perfectly, but it was basically invisible through my massive wig and headphones.
Obligatory pics or it didn't happen.

A_man13

Smash Master
I'll stick with GFX and spriting in that case. Sure I'm as rusty as who knows, but I can't even draw a straight line without using a ruler. And I will not go that low. NEVER!

A_man13

Smash Master
I can not only line tool, I pen tool! Either way, I'm just not in the buisness of learning a new digital art form. I hardly kept my GFX ability from the last hiatus.

Anyone need sig/avi/battle services? I got nothing to do at all.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I can not only line tool, I pen tool! Either way, I'm just not in the buisness of learning a new digital art form. I hardly kept my GFX ability from the last hiatus.

Anyone need sig/avi/battle services? I got nothing to do at all.
I'll get my request to you sometime tomorrow, if you don't mind.

Also, new double goal has been realized and added to my sig. :3

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Obligatory pics or it didn't happen.
Original pendant (it came with two of them) vs. painted

(Sorry, blurry picture is blurry...sucky camera is also sucky)

Now, the full cosplay:

(I'm the guy on the far right)

See if you can see ANYTHING behind those 'phones.

(I would've shown a better picture but there are all of 10 pictures of me from AB. I've gotta remember to get decent pictures at ConnectiCon...)

A_man13

Smash Master
Wow, scary large amounts of posts under Tery's name. I could only dream of having that big of a number. Course, I usually am only active in one area at a time. And that was NEVER the main brawl areas. Plus, I got hiatus power.

Usual offers are usual.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hey man, I got a hiatus of a whole year - from around March 2008 to like, April 2009, I think.

There's just a lot to do in the PokeCenter+Media Metropolis. :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah you and your projects Tery

There's only been like one instance where I thought up of a project and then you make it first

You been sifting through my brain boy?

Anyways, that's the goal atm. Hmmmmm.... 10,000 posts

A_man13

Smash Master
I'm not all that worried about post count. Even with a year hiatus my posts per day is still about 4. I go from completly active to dormant in 2 clicks; one to log out and one to change the page.

For some reason, I feel like I wanna go on the wifi chat on Serebii and go on a poke rampage, beating every pokemon that stands in my way. Dunno why, though.

Tacel

Smash Lord
1 post until my 1,000th. I don't know what I'm going to do.
I was in Forum Games nonstop for months. I wonder what my post count would be if I wasn't in Forum Games.
If Forum Game posts counted, I'd be a SWF saint.
I can't get over the fact that roacherman is quadrupling my post count. :mad:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If Forum Game posts counted, I'd be a SWF saint.
You're an 09er.

No.

If you came after 06 you're a new*** for all everyone cares so an 09er isn't going to make you a saint lol.

Just think of it this way and you'll feel better:
At least you're not a January-March 08er

Edit: Wow is like everyone having postcount day I'm like right next to 4500, halfway to 5000 wooo

Edit2: I am also disturbed how my postcount is still lower than roach's

brb spending a day in the DR, I'll be coming out with like 4800 posts lol.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Well, I consider there being SWF Saints and then Gods. Saints have really high post counts. Gods have really REALLY high post counts.
I've posted hundreds of times in Forum Games.
I should have joined SWF when I first ever saw it in like 2007 or 2008.

Well, so far this isn't a very good 1,000th post, so here's something special:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I see nothing special. So are any of you watching Nintendo's E3? I'm very excited to see how this plays out; just playing SMG2 to kill time until then. (I felt like now was a bad time to start Majora's Mask)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo will most likely be the most successful company at E3 this year. Seeing that Mircrosoft flopped with Kinect and bribing players with free Xbox's and Sony will most likely flop due to the new Wii Mote rip off. I mean, Nintendo can't do any worse than that considering we've all already gone through the Wii Mote phase already.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Nintendo beat them too it, and I find it hilarious. They have the cheapest hardware, the simple original ideas, and they get it off before the others XD. Though you don't care for Zelda, we both know that + 3DS beats everyone already.

But I want Pikmin 3 =/

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo beat them too it, and I find it hilarious. They have the cheapest hardware, the simple original ideas, and they get it off before the others XD. Though you don't care for Zelda, we both know that + 3DS beats everyone already.

But I want Pikmin 3 =/
Dude, I can tell already because of the other games, and the fact that even though I don't care for Zelda, I can tell that fans are gonna rave over some of these games, mainly Zelda though

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
You know, most people don't understand why a new Donkey Kong would be so amazing. Me and my mom played those together. (I was young), and the thought of a new one without bongo bull**** sounds so nice... (that * word had alliteration, lol)

Nintendo won this year in gaming when SMG2 came out though. HG/SS, Other M Metroid (as much as I'm excited), and anything else is cookie points. I'm not even a Mario fan and I'm saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom