• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The smashers Lengend of zelda thread

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman

Zero

Smash Hero
Oracle of Seasons.

most fun ever

One of the areas had the best music.. I can't remember which though. I'll try to find it.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Hahaha in case you didn't check the crew section, I am the one doing windwaker >_>

Did a practice speed run yesterday and didn't bother finishing it, but 10 hours 52 minutes earth temple complete >_>

Now I know what to do I very sure that I'll do much better next time

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Atlas said:
The smashers Lengend of zelda thread
It's "Legend" mah boi. :p

Anyways, one of the reason I'm a huge fanboy for Link is because I main him in Brawl not because of the Zelda series. I've got the whole Link hat to prove it.

I've played and finished Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (personally my favorite). I have yet to touch Windwaker. :embarrass

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
yeaaaah

I also prefer Majora's Mask. That being said, I have more copies of OoT than MM.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I somehow knew Vlade would beat me too it, but then I'm barely ever in the FFFF forums :p.
I gotta find my memory card and start my MM run practice still heh..

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
also p huge zelda fan. :B

1. MM
2. ST
3. PH
4. TMC
5. OOT

Something like that, I DON'T KNOW.

Also OOA was the better of the Oracles.

Zero

Smash Hero
It clearly wasn't better, my divine opinion is correct and your opinion lies in the mud with diseased swine.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
It clearly was so much better. Such fact trumps all opinion, especially one as unimportant as yours.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
2 hr 27 Currently have
Passed Wood Temple
Got Deku, Goron and Zora mask
Got Bremen and Bomb Mask
Have Big Bomb Bag/Adult Wallet
Ready to start Snowhead Temple.

Note this timing is starting from the second of the first cutscene in the game, and yes I used a sequence break :p

I think so far I've made about 10 minutes of mistakes....

Thought youd like to know.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I hate speedruns... It always pisses me off majorly when I make a mistake, and I end up making more because of it, and then get pissed off at those and make more yada yada yada ultimately ending in one massive rage quit :p

Good luck for your 4/48 Marty - keep MSN up so we can cheer you on :p

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Majora's Mask is better than Ocarina of Time, which enjoyed as much as Twilight Princess.

tibs7

Smash Champion
OOT was easily the best zelda game EASILY
havent played majora's mask probably will over these holiz.

i <3 seasons more than ages. both madt games
loved the graphic in minish cap :3
never finished WW didnt like sailing >=(
ummm ooo also links awakening was pretty legit to.
so many hours have gone into zelda games <3

Ant1

Smash Ace
For those who don't wanna know about spirit tracks don't read what i've written.

Spirit Tracks over world seems to be panning out to be the same as Majora's Mask.

First area was forest, second was mountain (which was full of snow, and there was a perpetual blizzard, lol ring any bells? i'm not sure if perpetual is the right word though, but it was a long lasting blizzard, until u fixed it.
3rd is ocean
and fourth seems like it's going to be canyon.

What's even more unoriginal is the fact the they are situated the same way as in Majora's Mask. Meaning that forest is opposite to canyon on the map.

swordsaint

Smash Master
spirit tracks was bad

zelda is like a more annoying hormonal navi
train controls are pretty awful and it's so linear, as well as tedious
did the first dungeon in <5 minutes. seemed pretty easy
stylus controls arent that good
flute sucks, lol microphone. dumb idea. first songs a whopping 2 notes, yes 2. huge amirite?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
look sooner or later you guys are going to have to face the sad truth that people really just dont make good games like they used to... the only game I can think of atm that tops (not so much good, but TOPS) any of the good games a few gens back is phoenix wright, and even that was originally on GBA which is still fair old.
being a gamer nowadays sucks.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
atlas top list for zeldas!!

1.A LINK TO THE PAST.-best game iv'e enjoyed ever over even the final fantasys
2. majora's mask for the game completionist's dream game
3.oracle of seasons great adventure style of play
4.oot reason i put it here is that i enjoyed mm and oos better

great zelda msic at ocremix and also zeldametal by james cook

on another note a mate told me he beat none of the temple bosses and just got everything else before going back to the bosses all in one day:p

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I'm a bit late to the party but here is my list of zelda games
1. MM
2. TP
3. OOT
4. WW
5. ALTTP

Didn't really like Phantom hourglass but spirit tracks is better, stylus controls work quite well imo.

In response to Luke's post yes phoenix wright is good but I think you are forgetting a few other games mainly MASS EFFECT. Bioshock was also very good imo but apparently it is very similar to system shock 2, which i never played.

Dedu

Smash Lord
OoT and Link's Awakening do it for me.

OoT coz even now after 30x reruns and 2 completions, I'm still not bored with teh game.
And I use it as a benchmark for most games out these days - in other words, developers these days suck in making games awesome and challenging.
Zelda OoT is entirely in its own class. Final Fantasy can't touch it, ever. Not even FFVII. Great music but horrible immersive techniques otherwise not found in OoT. In OoT, you felt like you actually did something, not just go to submovie plot or keep the camera constantly detached from the game in a clichéd position.
...Ok that's enough fanfapping.

RE Spirit Tracks:
GAWD if Zelda under Aonuma keeps on sucking harder and harder with each release, then I'm gunna have to start playing a different game altogther or re-play Miyamoto driven Zelda games instead.
Just when I thought Phantom Hourglass was a bit better than WindWanker.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
hah very funny seig u dont like it gtfo

i half agree with you rob although tp was only meant for gamecube

undead_moose

Smash Lord
people dont think there are good games anymore because you arent ten anymore. They are good games you just cant get past the fact that games are ment to be played for fun wah wah wah One game has a likeness to another WHAT A RIP OFF shaddap when you make a game like that you can have every right to complain. Also im sick of people complaining about lack of difficulty IT WAS DIFFICULT BECAUSE YOU WERE YOUNG AND ********.

Now that i got that off my chest

WW
LTTP
TP

My top 3. OOT was a great game dont get me wrong but i just liked TPs world better

Sieg

Smash Champion
TP has a pretty amazing OST. That song in the Crossover world with Midna was AMAZING. I'm sure Chris would agree.

unreon

Smash Ace
I could never do speedruns sans games which actually have Time Trials. I just can't stand playing a game twice unless I've been away from the game for more than a year or two. Playing a game 3+ (nevermind THIRTY?!) is just unheard of for me =S For that I applaud you guys, I guess.

Anywhoo a list is real hard...almost every single one is a legit contender. But ummmm...

1. OOT, for overall polish
2. WW, its still soooo prettty and final boss was unbelievable.
3. LA, zomgosh windfish made me so sad as a kid

However, as far as dungeon/boss design, TP takes the cake easy. So streamlined and art design is so detailed and intricate. TP would easily win if I considered dungeons only - outside is kinda empty.

And to add to the debate, Seasons>Ages. More variety and creativity was had with controlling the seasons, frankly.

I haven't played MM yet :S

PS: moose speaks the truth. Too much retro goggles in here, the love for the archaic is beyond moronic.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Kami's List
TP
OoT
idk third =/, I didnt like wind waker that much.

Got my brother OoT and MM for christmas but it only just came today D: Havnt played MM before, want to play it now but have to wait for brother to get home to give it to him =="

Anyone here got Master Quest? I wantz it.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
MM
WW
TP

Didn't really like OOT as much as the others, felt the characters lacked... I dunno, character, compared to the others anyway.

Haven't played the handheld ones either, with the exception of Phantom hourglass which I cbf'd finishing due to the having to replay the first dungeon repeatedly. Boring.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yer PH was good n all but too much backtracking that made OoT/TP Water Temple seem like nothing in comparison.

WW Best Final Boss in a game? Pfft he was easy ****. Sure he looked... um different. Yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah he couldn't ramp up his difficulty level during the battle. Think he had a case of wanting to lose like all final bosses do.

Top Bottom