• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smashboards Mentoring Program!

highfive

Smash Lord
Can I get taken off the Hacking list? I've forgotten virtually everything about hacking from... maybe a year ago. I'm out of date and too lazy to get up to speed.

Thanks!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hey Jungle, make me Brawl Falco mentor. Don't tell me I actually have to go through the official steps I have a coloured postbit I'm obviously special. :3

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if you want my help, i can get on skype. I wasnt on at all today since i woke up for class then left directly for work and now im home and going to bed.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
if you want my help, i can get on skype. I wasnt on at all today since i woke up for class then left directly for work and now im home and going to bed.
Jungle's mentoring me now, but I appreciate it.

voorhese

Smash Master
done. you are the 1st person i am helping with fox, so we can experiment on the best way for me to help. we can use skype and just talk, we can use text so you can re-read it so its easier to remember, in your case specifically we can practice together >_< so that's good. ill do a write up for basic gameplan i use for you tomorrow at somepoint, and then i guess ill start answering specific questions and stuff after.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
I know there isn't any mentors of Ness, but does anyone know how to use him on here that could teach me? Any help is appreciated.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I...am thinking about turning control of this project over to someone else. KG is busy with many things outside of SWF and I'm busy with other things on SWF that, frankly, takes priority over this program.

Those who are interested in taking it over, shoot me a PM, and we'll talk. I'll stick around to help around and to make sure that it stays afloat, but this program is still a good idea and it deserves someone who can put the time into it.

So yeah, willing volunteers shoot me a PM.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
what needs to be maintained? first post? from what i can tell the program is rolling on a steady course. Unless there are opporunities for growth that could be taken advantage of, i suppose.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Well, alot of the mentors dropped, so not only do I (still) need to find mentors for certain slots, I would like to have at least a mentor for each character (in brawl, maybe melee but people tend to know more than 1 character in melee; generally not the case in brawl it seems). Also just making sure the mentoring actually gets underway. We used to check up periodically then we both got busy and haven't in...ever.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sup? Name's Luke, and I need mentoring on Lucario for Brawl. I have the moves down, but I'm not so swell with him yet. I get creamed all the time, and I'm sick of it. Some things need assistance, and this is it. I wanna get better with Lucario, so my name can stand proud as a Lucario user, like Trela :)

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
sup? Name's luke, and i need mentoring on lucario for brawl. I have the moves down, but i'm not so swell with him yet. I get creamed all the time, and i'm sick of it. Some things need assistance, and this is it. I wanna get better with lucario, so my name can stand proud as a lucario user, like trela :)
i know right

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My dream, when I first saw Trela on youtube brawl, is to get close, as good, or better than Trela. Speaking of which, I haven't seen any new vids from Trela for awhile.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
Hmm I'll think about applying to be a mentor for lulu (seeing as there is none)...

I'm thinking about dropping lightning93 as my mentor for fox... I havent said anything about this for a while but... He's obviously waayy to busy to be a mentor, and he hasn't been very responsive. (messeged him 3 times and no response) I haven't learned anything new from em anyway... I'm gonna show him some vids of me playing and see if that gets his attention. :3

@asage: Well seeing how there's no mentor for lulu ATM, I can help a bit if you want (illegally lol) just come on down to the arena sometime, im sure there's a few good players there that can help with basics. Or you can vm or pm me for a brawl if I'm online. I used to main lucar, and I'm actually alot better than people expect me to be.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@asage: Well seeing how there's no mentor for lulu ATM, I can help a bit if you want (illegally lol) just come on down to the arena sometime, im sure there's a few good players there that can help with basics. Or you can vm or pm me for a brawl if I'm online. I used to main lucar, and I'm actually alot better than people expect me to be.

:phone:
Alright, sweet! But where's the arena?

Sephy95

Smash Lord
what needs to be maintained? first post? from what i can tell the program is rolling on a steady course. Unless there are opporunities for growth that could be taken advantage of, i suppose.
Yep sure is. Anyway, can't believe I'm saying this but I'm seriously considering a mentor for Brawl. I'm really not getting anywhere at the pace I'm moving at so a mentor is definitely an option.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I wish i could find a luigi mentor but I have many many faults that are in my way
1.I constantly use green missle
2.My recovering with luigi cyclone is always too high or too short
3.I am too predictable
4.I sometimes do the wrong action at the wrong time
5.I fail at recovery at smashville/battlefield when under the slanted part at the ledge
6.I constantly green missle into the ledge at Final destination
7.I am a meal for final destinations ledges(Teeth)
8.I sometimes rely on missfires for ko's
9.I realize my mistake after i have done it

I will write the rest later

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Thought u meant melee luigi since ur melee icon is luigi. I keep telling people: its a good idea to say what game ur looking for help in

Mateo113

Smash Rookie
I noticed the Melee mentors thread is kind of limited and I didn't notice Falco/Falcon. Is that list up to date and the two people for "all" still active?

BigMilk

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, just wondering, since the mentoring program has been operating for quite some, are there any Lucario mentors because there are none listed in the mentor list and I could really use one.

yiran

Smash Rookie
Excuse me for not reading the entire topic, but are the Pokémon mentors for 5th gen or 4th gen? Which tier list do they follow (Smogon, I assume)?

Thanks. If it's in the opening post and I missed it, apologies.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I wish i could find a luigi mentor but I have many many faults that are in my way
1.I constantly use green missle
Stop.
2.My recovering with luigi cyclone is always too high or too short
Practice your timing better.
3.I am too predictable
Stop it.
4.I sometimes do the wrong action at the wrong time
Stop it.
5.I fail at recovery at smashville/battlefield when under the slanted part at the ledge
Stop it.
6.I constantly green missle into the ledge at Final destination
Just stop.
7.I am a meal for final destinations ledges(Teeth)
Stop please.
8.I sometimes rely on missfires for ko's
Just please stop.
9.I realize my mistake after i have done it
Don't make mistakes.

I will write the rest later
Your welcome....

But in all seriousness, I'll give some helpful hints here and there. I don't know how reliable I will be as well as my name ISN'T in the OP of this thread even though I've submitted an application and have had it approved. The problem with the above message is a lot of it can be figured out by thinking about it and practicing timings. "I constantly green missile into the ledge at Final destination." So...don't do it. It'll help you be less predictable. If you can't figure out the easy things, you're not going to really think about the hard things no matter who helps you.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Huh. I guess Pokémon mentoring is not a major part of this program, then.

Oh well.
Pokemon Mentors
General strategies - Fuelbi, KrazyGlue, Terywj
Ubers - (none)
OU - Fuelbi, KrazyGlue
UU - Terywj
NU - KrazyGlue, Terywj
Little Cup - (none)
Middle Cup - Terywj

read the OP next time.-.

yiran

Smash Rookie
Pokemon Mentors
General strategies - Fuelbi, KrazyGlue, Terywj
Ubers - (none)
OU - Fuelbi, KrazyGlue
UU - Terywj
NU - KrazyGlue, Terywj
Little Cup - (none)
Middle Cup - Terywj

read the OP next time.-.
I was referring to the fact that no one answered my previous question.

I did read the OP, contrary to your beliefs.

Top Bottom