• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smashboards Mentoring Program!

billiam

Smash Rookie
I need help with Pikachu or Marth in brawl. I feel pretty nooby compared to all the videos and critiques Ive tried to watch, but Ive been playing brawl since 2008 and SSB64 before that too. I used to be pretty good playing casual but I haven't played for a while.

I would be happy with pretty much any visible improvement over the next couple of weeks or so.

EDIT: Am I too late or does it take a while for somebody to respond? My main is Marth if anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Sarix

Smash Ace
I looked at the list of mentors already but my question is if the mentor list has been updated recently? I'm would just like to know incase KillerJawz isn't the only Samus mentor.

zLam

Smash Rookie
I would love to get involved in this. I need an advanced Melee mentor, specifically for Samus and Link. I know practically everything, but in a tournament setting I ALWAYS chock. Always, Always, Always.

I will PM some people. Here's hoping this thread ain't dead...

SilverAlloy

Smash Rookie
No Lucario mentors it seems... I guess I'll look for a Snake or Pikachu mentor, my secondaries have a lot of room for improvement.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Hey all,

Thanks to everyone using this program. I'm kind of in semi-retirement from smashboards right now, so I've taken my name out of the OP for PMing. Any requests or concerns or anything of that sort should be PMed to Jungle. I'll still stop by once in a while to check up on stuff but I'm not really looking at mentor applications or anything like that at all. I'm thankful to everyone who helped start this program up, and I hope it can still help some people in need of mentoring.

-KG

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Hey guys, sorry about it, but it looks like a lot of mentors have dropped this.
If you guys need help, I recommend going to your character's boards and seeing what you can find for now.

If you have any questions about getting to the right boards, you can just ask me. Thanks, and sorry again :/

WeezyFBAby

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5301-1752-4244
i need a smash 64 online mentor i really suck sometimes and sometimes im good

GinnTokki

Smash Rookie
I'd like a Brawl mentor for Falco (I'll send them PMs), though I'm wondering how mentors work for Melee. I can understand how 64 and Brawl can be played online and you can be mentored through that, but for Melee do you have to use the Dolphin emulator?

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I'd like a Brawl mentor for Falco (I'll send them PMs), though I'm wondering how mentors work for Melee. I can understand how 64 and Brawl can be played online and you can be mentored through that, but for Melee do you have to use the Dolphin emulator?
I am VERY willing to put a lot of time into mentoring whoever needs me. I mained Falco for 2 years attending tournaments, and mained Snake for 2 years after that attending tournaments and playing loads of friendlies with a lot of different people. I understand Metaknight, Marth, Ike and Mario thoroughly as well. Just mentioning this so my mentorship isn't limited only to 3rd seed for both Snake and Metaknight. I spend a lot of time teaching already to my apartmentmates, college peers, and tournament attendees.

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
No Lucario mentor... *Forever alone*

No matter, the system is always building.

:phone:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
This is basically a bit...dead now, but we're trying to figure something out. Until this is back up though, I will lock it so hearts don't break.

And Code, maybe Sunny in the Arena can help you out? If not he can probably at least lead you to someone.

if anyone has any questions, contact me!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Welcome to the reopening of the Mentor Program! Though the head may have changed, everything is pretty much the same. I look forward to managing the program and if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please VM/PM me.

Now let's start mentoring!

Tezushi

Smash Rookie
I am in the middle of NOWHERE! (semi version)

If anyone is looking to get into melee i'm your man :rolleyes:
Awwwh, lol. I wish there was a good Falco/ Fox main/ mentor close by in the Western Pennsylvania area to mentor/ play me in Melee! :( I wish to know how to play tournament style with Fox at least. I have been playing since December ’08 competitively and been to my first improv tournament 2 weeks ago: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321194 .
But I am trash with Fox, I am all about tech-skill (physically, not really) and hope to have someone with mindgames/ spacing to waver it out… Can anyone that can mentor/ tutor me at least that lives there? Thank you, because it IS the thread purpose. Heres my Fox: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg9MzxsvLIs . That was me in 2010, but I play more consistently off/ on now.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Western PA isn't far from OH. I was talking to the NE people at FC and we were talking about meeting up in OH (I'm near chicago, its about halfway in between). TBH I don't know the OH scene very well at all; the only person I know there is Big D and he's back in chicago now. I think there are some players in PA as well, but it may be eastern. If you can make it to NY/NJ, they have one of the strongest melee scenes in the world.

I happen to main Fox and dabble into many other characters -- including virtually every one of the top tiers and some of the mid tiers. If you want some tips, I wouldn't mind talking some game theory with you.

Otherwise, the only thing i can recommend is trying to be part of the community. Post on the forums, ask questions (all of the character boards are really welcoming as well as informative), go to tournaments and smashfests. Meet the players and make friends. This is the best way to have fun with the game, and if you are having fun you will keep improving.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Just wanted to point out I am still avalible to Mentor people with Peach. And have many ways to be reached if people wanna learn her.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Just wanted to point out I am still avalible to Mentor people with Peach. And have many ways to be reached if people wanna learn her.
Sorry I took you off but you never did respond to my PM. I'll list you back up and if you can post the means of contact or VM them, that'd be great.
I'd love to sign up and be the Lucas Mentor.

:phone:
Great! I'll put you on the list. If you have any means of contact, can you please post them or VM them? Thanks!

Noble Six

Smash Rookie
I'm looking for a smash bros mentor, brawl to be specific! I main Link, I use a lot of other characters but I really wanna step my game up with Link.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Stormblue183

Smash Rookie
I guess i'm a noob in brawl hacking, and I've been having disc read errors on ssbb and other games. I'm looking for a mentor who can hopefully help me with this problem.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I guess i'm a noob in brawl hacking, and I've been having disc read errors on ssbb and other games. I'm looking for a mentor who can hopefully help me with this problem.
At this moment, there really isn't a catagory for Hacking Mentors but I can assist you. You can VM your problems but it sounds like it might be your Wii if it is getting disc read errors. Also, here a link to the section for Hacking where you can ask questions or seek help:

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=232

Top Bottom