• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smashboards Mentoring Program!

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Hey the mentoring program signature. How do I get on that on my signature if I may?
I'd love to spread the word whenever I make a post :D

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
i sent junglefever a pm not too long ago.

i can add some tourney results if you like.
Jungle just forwarded it to me tonight, but yeah, tourney results would be super-helpful. :)

Hey the mentoring program signature. How do I get on that on my signature if I may?
I'd love to spread the word whenever I make a post :D
That's the spirit! :awesome:

I'll send you the code.

Goombadude3

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2809-8329-5911
This program is great. JoWiiCiDE and me have racked up the longest mentoring yet, and im getting better and better. He is an amazing mentor for a new Kirby

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I would like to be a mentor for Marth.
Send an application PM to me and Junglefever with qualifications (tourney results and posts in the marth boards).

KrazyGlue should I have sent the PM I sent you to Junglefever instead?
Feel free to send it to him to. I'll get to it this weekend; I've just been way too busy the last few days.

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
I asked hilt to be my Olimar mentor and he said yeah. I know i'm already being mentored by Dyno but I think I can handle both and Olimar is an awesome secondary forr Wario.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Sign me down as a Luigi mentor, if able.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Hi everyone,

I'm very busy for the next few days or maybe even a week. So, I'm turning over most of the mentoring thread functions for Junglefever during that time. If you have any questions or applications, please ask him! ;)

Thanks,
KrazyGlue

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Junglefever / KrazyGlue, I think it should be noted that the Pokemon Mentors and subsequent tiers are all for the Fourth Generation (DPPt). With Black and White released everything will have to settle down, tiers will need to be assigned, etc. for us to truly count ourselves as specific tier tutors for the Fifth Generation.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Yo KrazyGlue, I got a request for mentorship by Twinkie that I'm accepting since my other mentorship is done. When I say done, I mean I've helped my pupil reach the level of skill he wanted to reach, taught the blah blah blah blah blah, and I'm just waiting to go to an online dubz tourny.

kthxbai <3

Ava john

Smash Rookie
This is a full system scanner. Takes about 2 or 3 hours, but it looks for spyware and viruses at the same time. Its web based so it is free.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Junglefever, I hope you've been updating the mentoring list! ;)

I'll most likely be back to work here by friday night. Like I said, I'm really busy right now so ask Junglefever about applications, mentorships, and other things.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Um, Jungle, can you list me down for Luigi? I can also do Melee mentor, now. Just got back up to speed with it.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
We have three melee mentors, we don't need any more at the present time.

I'll add you for luigi.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
I've been seeing your signatures throughout the forum and I just thought I'd drop in to point out that the quote on it is grammatically incorrect.

"A mentor has not done their job, until their pupil is the master."

Firstly, the comma doesn't belong there. Secondly, the use of "their" in that sentence is incorrect. "Their" is a plural possessive, but the subject of this sentence is "mentor" which is a singular noun. The correct sentence would read:

"A mentor has not done his job until his pupil is the master."

"His" can optionally be replaced with "her."

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Is the pokemon mentoring only for fourth/fifth gen or is it applicable to older generations or formats like G/S/C, R/S/E?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Ryu are you asking for a mentor or to be one?

The current ones are for Gen 4.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Technically, for a gender neutral singular pronoun "it" is the correct word. However because "it" refers to inanimate objects and is quite offensive to most people, "they" is being used more and more often as a non-gender singular. The other alternative is, like you said, "he" but is obviously not gender neutral.

This was first brought to my attention a few years ago by my German professor; in German "es" is the neutral pronoun and is perfectly acceptable to use when gender is unknown, unlike in English. Since then I've discussed it with a few other sources and while I'm currently in the dark about the details of the movement, I have been told its a split issue amongst English academics. From my quick research, it seems Robert Maximilian de Gaynesford, an English philosopher, is one of the forerunners.

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
Arguing about grammar, are we?

I think it's safe to just say "he." Are there any female mentors? Most likely not. If there are female mentors, what's so difficult about saying "he or she?" Maybe it's none of my business.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I have a R.O.B. mentor. Mister Eric. I'm ever-so happy to be taken under the wing of a Brawl teacher. Wish me luck. :D

EDIT: For some unknown reason, I can't get my sig to show. D:

EDIT: Nevermind. XD

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
hey Krazyglue, i know you want tourney results (and i'm looking through old searches and whatnot for results) but i was in a recent tourney but was dsq'ed sadly because of time issues.

anyways, i would still take the job because maybe if someone saw there were tutors for smash64 we could get more players.

I am actually good at brawl too, i think i would make a nice kirby mentor but i want to focus on smash64. :p

Top Bottom