• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smashboards Mentoring Program!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I wonder if there are any people who would be wanting to learn samus? should i apply?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I have requested a mentor via PM. Waiting for answer.
Ok cool, let me know if they respond and who it is.

Howdy!

I'd like to request the mentor-ship of Turtl for some help with my ZOOTsuit Samus.

I've PM'd you, just waiting to hear back :)

Much appreciated!
Cool, let me know if Turtl responds.

I am posting to say that Venomout has responded.
Excellent! Thank you.

I wonder if there are any people who would be wanting to learn samus? should i apply?
Go ahead! :)

Aibou

Smash Master
I have requested a mentor via PM. Waiting for answer.
My second one in two days O_O Never expected people to actually care about Zelda xD

Oh and KrazyGlue, you can also add me as a Sheik mentor since there apparently is none. I dual main both Zelda and Sheik so I can teach both.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
My second one in two days O_O Never expected people to actually care about Zelda xD
Haha, nice! Well if you ever need a load off your shoulders, tell other Zelda mains about the program! :awesome:

EDIT: So I'm assuming that means you've accepted the request, right? Should I add this to the list of mentorships?

Yeah, it's been kinda the same deal with the mentoring program. Business was pretty slow until we introduced the banner to spread the word, and now things have sped up quite a bit.

Oh and KrazyGlue, you can also add me as a Sheik mentor since there apparently is none. I dual main both Zelda and Sheik so I can teach both.
Ok, that sounds believable. You should still PM me and Juglefever with relevant info though. We already have your name and contact info obviously, but if you have separate tourney results from where you used Sheik or something like that, that would be helpful.

Aibou

Smash Master
EDIT: So I'm assuming that means you've accepted the request, right? Should I add this to the list of mentorships?
Oh yes I accepted both Gangrian and lateralest :oneeye:

Ok, that sounds believable. You should still PM me and Juglefever with relevant info though. We already have your name and contact info obviously, but if you have separate tourney results from where you used Sheik or something like that, that would be helpful.
Er ok. I'll send a PM sometime today or the latest tomorrow.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Alright, thanks guys. I'll add these mentorships to the list.

EDIT: JoWiiCIDE, I looked at your suggestion from earlier and added it to the OP under the "Ways to Make the Most out of Your Mentoring Experience" list. Fuelbi, I'm going to do your suggestion as well and add a whole new section to the OP for it, but that will take a bit longer. Yeah, I'll probably add people who make suggestions to the Special Thanks section.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Awesome KG. I'm glad I could help and I'm just bidding my time til another Kirby drops in here.

Best of luck to the rest of my mentor buddies in your respective mentorships.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hey guys, I'm Sveet. Junglefever accepted me as an additional Melee mentor.

I don't know much about brawl, but I'm curious about the game in general. I used to play ICs when the game first came out but never did a brawl tournament.

In melee I play fox in tournament but play pretty much every character for fun. I mained marth for the last 5 or so years, on and off, but finally put him down for good. My favorite character to play varies so I've spent a good amount of time with every character.

If you have any questions about melee at all, let me know. :awesome:

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm Sveet. Junglefever accepted me as an additional Melee mentor.

I don't know much about brawl, but I'm curious about the game in general. I used to play ICs when the game first came out but never did a brawl tournament.

In melee I play fox in tournament but play pretty much every character for fun. I mained marth for the last 5 or so years, on and off, but finally put him down for good. My favorite character to play varies so I've spent a good amount of time with every character.

If you have any questions about melee at all, let me know. :awesome:
Ok, added to the list of mentors. :)

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
After reading like 10 OP's and then studying Biology, the one time I SHOULD read the OP I was hurrdurr.

My bad

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
KrazyGlue said:
Types of mentors

Brawl Mentors: Here to teach you about the competitive aspects of brawl. Anything from matchup analysis to counterpicking stages, mentors can help you every step of the way!

Melee Mentors: Here to teach you about the competitive aspects of melee! Advanced tactics, matchups, you name it! We've got a mentor for it.

Pokemon Mentors: Here to teach you about the competitive scene of Pokemon! Everything from teams to movesets, we've got you covered.

Debate Mentors : Here to teach you about debating and the debate hall of SWF. Learn to create a logical argument, what logical fallacies are and how to use sources properly! (Note: Debate mentoring is a work in progress. Contact Junglefever or KrazyGlue for more information.)

SMASH 64 MENTORS:
I know we're not the most popular board but there are definietly mentors for this game, i would sign up to be a mario mentor, but it first has to be introduced. >.>

edit: sending my application to junglefever;and hopefully we can get even more smash 64 mentors.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I know we're not the most popular board but there are definietly mentors for this game, i would sign up to be a mario mentor, but it first has to be introduced. >.>

edit: sending my application to junglefever;and hopefully we can get even more smash 64 mentors.
We're happy to accept smash 64 mentors (I might need one; I'm a new 64 player myself!). However, since requests will likely be fairly low (as with melee), we're generally only looking for a few people who have a solid amount of knowledge in every character.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Latias hasn't responded to my request for Ness training yet. About 4 days I think. I can wait longer but was just wondering if there are any other Ness mentors around.
No, if there's no more listed, we don't have any more. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. :c

We'll contact Latias for you and try to straighten things out. I'm not the yelling type, but I'll go get Junglefever to do it. ;)

Forsworn

Smash Cadet
No, if there's no more listed, we don't have any more. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. :c

We'll contact Latias for you and try to straighten things out. I'm not the yelling type, but I'll go get Junglefever to do it. ;)
OK, thanks for the quick reply. I'll probably switch to a Marth mentor if Latias doesn't respond soon.

DRN

Smash Lord
Dynomite. If you're suggesting that you'd like to apply as a mentor, go ahead! We're ALWAYS happy to accept more mentors, as long as they're qualified.

Lol.

That would be two for you, Turtl. Can you handle it?
Yea i can take on another person. I already pm'd him with my contact info and whatnot.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
KG latias hasn't even signed in since 10-8 and he didnt give me any contact info other than to contact him by PM's.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Myyyy bad, it got lost in my PMs. I sent it to KG, and ill look over it again as well.

Then teh shadow council will meet and vote on your acceptance/denial.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Okay well I'll apply as a Toon Link mentor...

I really don't have tourney results besides getting 5th in Apex pools, but I do know a lot about the character because I read so much about him and have watched so many tournament matches/gotten advice from pros at the tourneys I've been to.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Okay well I'll apply as a Toon Link mentor...

I really don't have tourney results besides getting 5th in Apex pools, but I do know a lot about the character because I read so much about him and have watched so many tournament matches/gotten advice from pros at the tourneys I've been to.
Ok, PM your application with any tourney results, other qualifications (verifiable ones preferably), and the best way to contact you. :)

EDIT: By the way, if the other character you were considering mentoring is one that we currently don't have a mentor for, we'll consider adding you for two.

#HBC | ѕoup

We're happy to accept smash 64 mentors (I might need one; I'm a new 64 player myself!). However, since requests will likely be fairly low (as with melee), we're generally only looking for a few people who have a solid amount of knowledge in every character.
i have a solid amount of knowledge for every character but i mostly use mario. it's up to you.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
i have a solid amount of knowledge for every character but i mostly use mario. it's up to you.
Send me and Junglefever a PM with your qualifications (some tourney results are helpful) and the best way to contact you.

I still haven't gotten a response on Pokemon Trainer mentoring. Is anybody else available to do it?
No, sorry. We'll go talk to your mentor and get them to respond.

#HBC | ѕoup

Send me and Junglefever a PM with your qualifications (some tourney results are helpful) and the best way to contact you.
i sent junglefever a pm not too long ago.

i can add some tourney results if you like.

Top Bottom