• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think nostalgia has made us think our top players of old would do better than they really would. The metagame has changed a ton since they've been around, and it would take a lot of work to whip them into shape to perform placing-wise like they used to. Less work than most, maybe, but still a lot more than a lot of people seem to think.
You act like they're going to walk in playing Melee for the first time since their retirement, if Ken/Isai were to go to Apex they would definitely do some training/catch up beforehand, and even then if they were to walk in fresh they'd still make it to top 48.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
L0zR also took Azen out in P5.

I forget which round of pools it was, though.

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 17: Forward, but not Up.
Kickstarter Balance: $3,247.00
Paypal Balance: $313.67 (-$234.89 for Omni Light)
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $3,560.67 - UNCHANGED

Met with KDJ today for a little pre-interview chat.

He's a really cool guy. I couldn't get enough listening to the stories of top players from tourney's past. We talked about how he got into the game, what it was like in the heat of the moment going up against guys like Ken, PC and M2K.

In one little tidbit, he described how, because he was so absolutely running on instinct, he had to watch the replay of himself fighting Ken at the MLG Championships in Vegas after it was over - because he COULDN'T REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED.

So awesome. :)

Unfortunately, it looks like donations have dropped off the face of the Earth for the time being. I wrote down a list of all the people I know who are "well off" financially - I will immediately find myself being very friendly with these people.

If you can, make a list yourself. Anyone on that list you know likes video games? :)

BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER!

MORE TO COME!

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 18: Good-Bye Front Page.
Kickstarter Balance: $3,297.00
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $3,610.67

Well, it was a nice run, but it looks like other, more popular matters have pushed this thread off the front page for now. With some more hype, we'll hopefully find our way back into the hearts and minds of our smash brethren.

We did get a $50 donation from a Ms. Taylor Torr, a talented musician/editor and all around hottie. Thanks Taylor!

Nothing new to report today.

MORE TO COME!

EDIT: @ Wizzrobe: Much appreciated senor! You will be thanked in the credits as a pioneer visionary.

Dees

Smash Journeyman
Fine, take my $50... I didn't want it anyways...

lol just deposited my last pay check, hope this makes the funding deadline.

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 19: Hello Front Page!
Kickstarter Balance: $3,372.00
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $3,685.67

And we're back!

Thanks to uber pimps Wiggins and Dees - two hardcore backers that need their own TV shows and millions of dollars - we're now closer by 75 bucks.

Yes. :)

We're in the works to get a fundraiser tourney going in the Boston area at a local game store. We'll keep you posted!

MORE TO COME!

crush

Smash Master
UPDATE 19: Hello Front Page!
Kickstarter Balance: $3,372.00
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $3,685.67

And we're back!

Thanks to uber pimps Wiggins and Dees - two hardcore backers that need their own TV shows and millions of dollars - we're now closer by 75 bucks.

Yes. :)

We're in the works to get a fundraiser tourney going in the Boston area at a local game store. We'll keep you posted!

MORE TO COME!
Wherever the tourney is in boston make it have melee and make the entry fee $10 or more and I will come :)

:phone:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
This proyect is AMAZING. I have watched the pilot episode like 100 times! I would donate if I could :(. However, I am showing and promoting the videos and channel A LOT. I hope this works out! I am SOOOO excited for the next episodes! Especially on the Ken/Isai/Mew2King episodes! (My favorite players of all time!).

I feel like this thread should be stickied.
I agree! This could bring Smash to the next level in terms of publicity and professionalism. And this what the companies/sponsors LOVE.

does this have a facebook page? if not it needs one ASAP!
Yes. Make a facebook page! It would be VERY useful to promote the series even more, and with that, attract new people to the proyect! And new people to the proyect = More donors!

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 20: Sweet Proyect With A Facebook Page
Kickstarter Balance: $3,447.00
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $3,760.67

Kish with a Swish!

Much thanks for the $50 my smash brother! And also thanks to my buddy from highschool David Rabin coming in with a 25 spot. Much love.

We're picking back up in donations, with is GREAT to see. I was getting worried I would have to start turning trucks... which I may still have to do. :)

The good news: looks like we'll be having a few more positive developments to announce soon. I'm almost finished with a new spot that aims to snag a larger audience. We'll see how that one goes.

@ jason_voorhese329: No it doesn't! But I will remedy that ASAP.

@ vVv ZeRo: Thanks for the support my southern brother. Even just you telling people will help us out a lot.

Question: How DOES one get stickied? Is there a Sticky Master I must defeat at chess or something to be declared worthy?

NOTE: No updates in the next 4 days. I'll be away on an organic farm, learning to cope without the internet. Unless... will they have organic internet? Is that a thing?

MORE TO COME!

EDIT: FACEBOOK PAGE

erbanez

Smash Apprentice
This project is going to be so good if it gets off the ground. It'll even be better when it double jumps.

Armada

Smash Lord
Helios told me about this today.

That´s amazing and I really like this idea.
I haven´t read the entire thread but I think PP mention something about have some kind of possibillity to pay during a tournament for this.

That´s a really good idea.
I think this will be awesome and I will try to donate for this too =).

Edit: HMW should upload this video on his channel sience he has a lot of people follow the channel he has.

Armada

Smash Lord
270 dollars every day is what we need to make this happen.

Will throw in 10 dollars soon =)

Battlecow

Play to Win
So we pretty clearly are not going to meet the Kickstarter deadline. What then? Do those who donated donate again to Paypal/ another kickstarter, or what? How does it even work? And should I donate now and then possibly again after the kickstarter thing fails, or wait for the second thing, whatever it is?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
A this point, I think it might be wise to start advertising the special event for the final episode.

It's $3000. That's a pretty huge chunk of the budget. In the pilot video, we are told $2100=7 plane tickets.

I don't think it takes a genius to guess what the plan is. A tournament that will fly in Ken, Isai, Azen, KDJ, PC Chris, M2K and Mango. In other words, the greatest Melee tournament ever.

I know it's supposed to be a surprise, but I'd rather the word be spread so the funding could get done rather than keep it a secret and not have this series get done.

Battlecow

Play to Win
5 or 6 (maybe all 7 if A-Strife is as convincing as he thinks he is) of those guys are gonna be at Apex anyways, right?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Isai will come if the pot is big for 64.

Ken...is impossible if these guys have better luck go ahead

I got Kou and Souten from japan to go so far so good :)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I have trouble reaching him.

I mean...again this is assuming the goal of collecting money is to fly these ppl out

i mean you save a lot of money on KDJ PC AZEN CHU and them cause they live on EC and dont need to fly them in.

Just need Ken Isai SS really...but thats if they are doing this.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
well i know Boback was able to get in contact will Ken prior to Genesis2 so you might wanna ask him for assistance

Top Bottom